Old 12-20-2009, 09:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 267/ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

Default Family gathering disaster....Averted

So this weekend was my extended family's early christmas dinner and gift exchange. it's a 5 hour drive out for us, so we drove during the day Sat (got in a potentially serious accident w/only body damage and a new tire), after the accident we stoped off in a small town and us "kids" got lunch while my parents assessed the damage again. The only option: teco bell. i had one taco and 1/2 a cup of raspberry iced tea. We were supposed to go to pizza hut for dinner w/my grandparents and so I was planning on just ordering the salad bar. Well, my grandma made tacos. i made a taco salad w/lettuce, 1/4 c beef, 1/4 c. ff beans, tomato, onion, jalapenos, and a sprinkle of cheese. before bed I had 1/2 a yogurt. the next morning I had o.j. and shared a smallish cinnamon bun w/my son, lunch was the "big" dinner. The spread was very anti-diet. meatballs, salads saturated in mayo, fruit salads made in high cal. sauces, etc. etc. I had a 4" sub w/turkey, ham 7 american cheese w/as many veggies as i could fit w/only mustard 1/2 a deviled egg w/out the yolk stuff, celery 7 carrots w/1 tbs full cal dip, and 6 wheat thins.

God that took forever to write, but these are the highlights!!! the brownies and junk were out the whole 24 hours and I only ate 1 super small taste of my great grandma (now passed away)'s recipe fudge which no one but my one aunt makes right. i packed a sandwich and celery and carrots for the ride home, and still did my couch 25K work out on sat!!!

So, I am expecting a loss tomorrow (fingers crossed!!)
medinazarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 09:21 PM   #2  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Wow, that was a minefield!!! Well done!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 09:26 PM   #3  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

Good for you...whew, that is done for another year! Give yourself a pat on the back!! You are an inspiration for those of us that still have our Christmas/Family events!
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 09:34 PM   #4  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

Good job!
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 09:39 PM   #5  
Losing weight since 2009

S/C/G: 310/138/132

Height: 5'7

Congrats! To avoid temptation like that is amazing, keep up the great work!
Gracie789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 09:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 267/ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

Thanks so much!!! i made it clear to my grandparents that I am on a diet, and OBVIOUSLY i have a lot of weight to lose. no one else in my blood-line family is heavy, so i thought they would get it. nope!!! my grandma asked if I was hungry and i said "no, I want to eat all these brownies though" and she said'well, go ahead honey, you can have whatever you like'.

Things i like that were there for 24 hours: peanut butter rolls, pumpkin rolls, brownies, fudge, cookies, puppy chow, cheese danish ETC!

And then this mornign she was bringing out the canisters of candies she had made, telling me what was in them, and pushing them in my face 'don't you LOVE chocolate coered peanuts?' Ugh!!

did i mention that my GIFT was a $50 gift card (much appreciated) party sized bags of m&m's, peanut m&m's, hershy's selects, 2 'original double chocolate chip cookies', a a box of cordial cherries, and a can of mixed nuts?!?!

i kept the nuts & cookies (cookies are for my 1 year old son), pocketed the card, and sent the rest home with my mom to set out at our immediate family's christmas festivities.
medinazarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:56 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 364/ticker/199

Height: 5'11"

Good girl! I just don't buy the chocolates, but if they are laying around... OMG it takes all my will power not to sneak them. If they are in front of everyone, though, I won't do it. I have some shame HAHA. If anyone gives me chocolate or candy this year, I will set some aside for my son and the rest is going AWAY!
Sonata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:00 AM   #8  

Height: 5'5.5"

Awesome job!

I think the thin people in my family are able to indulge a few days a year and not have it affect their weight or health. They don't understand it is different for me so they don't understand why I can't eat the special Holiday food. To me it is like having an alcohol problem. If you don't you can have a glass of wine with Xmas dinner no problem. If you do then you have to stay away from that wine, Xmas or not!
LizR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 11:39 AM   #9  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

WOW _ sounds like my weekend! lol I don't think I did as well as you did though!
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 12:15 PM   #10  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Good job! That was a disaster waiting to happen, but you plowed through.

Stay strong!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote