Old 12-21-2009, 11:33 AM   #1  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Default Friends & Losers Dec 21-27

Like it or not - Christmas week is here! I am taking tomorrow off to shovel out my house for guests - Ugh. I need a housekeeper, cuz I would fire me.

We had a great weekend, saw Wicked on friday, it was terriffic! Dh brought me out to dinner at a tapas place, so we shared 3 appetizer portions for dinner. Very yummy.

Good to see you here on 3FC Julie! Your food plan sounds really interesting, I know that there is a fluctuating- calorie "Wendie Plan" for weight watchers that varies points over the course of the week for high days and low days. It always intrigued me. And hey - 4lbs is 4lbs, even if it is water.

MJ -Good for you, getting a masters in EE. DH is an electrical engineer, but I don't think he will ever go on for a masters. He laughs at my with my classes because there is not a "correct" answer at the bottom of the page on my assignments. According to him I am becoming a 'fuzzy' - which is his term for "not really a hard subject". Ha - I'll get him - when I start making more money, I'm keeping it for ME! LOL.

Barbara - Analog Bill. LOL!

OK, gotta go, business office holiday lunch. God save me. It's at a restaurant, so I can control my own destiny.

Last edited by Kimphin; 12-21-2009 at 11:47 AM.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 02:00 PM   #2  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Hi All

Yes...Xmas is here...finally!!!
So...those of you going away...or going to be too busy to stop by, wish you and your family a blessed Xmas...and merry holiday season.

I finally caught up with some decorating,cleaning...etc this weekend.Baked few batches of Fruitcake cookies and some rosemary shortbread ones.Finished most of the grocery and shopping too!

Barbara - Analog Bill...hahaha!!! I am more in the DSP,digital design side...FPGA based and my research work is also based on FPGAs.Btw...my husband is doing a part time degree in Comp. Sc... ...thnx for the moral support...it really gets so hectic at times that I wonder what am I doing with my life...lol.

Kim- I can understand ur DH's point...lol.
Snow shovelling...according to Lawl holiday guide burns 650 cal per hour...so you are definitely going to get those 2lbs down I hope you did well on your holiday lunch ...

Well...I am taking it easy. I'll worry after holidays again......take care everyone...
Later...
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 02:36 PM   #3  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hello all. DH got home late saturday night. it's so great to have him home. baby X has finally warmed up to him again and DD and DS are super happy to have him back as well.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 10:36 PM   #4  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Hi Guys! LAWL is the very first entry in my favorites and, yes, I stalk from time to time. Kim, you look great. Does anyone actually do the LAWL program these days. I have all my nights and really need to get back on something. Merry Christmas to all!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 09:27 AM   #5  
WonderWoman

hello all! back at it today..normal routine. DH is back at work today. i got a great workout in today too. hope everyone is having a good holiday season. we're in for 12-18 inches of snow starting tomorrow through saturday. lovely xmas present, huh? ha.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:31 AM   #6  
Kim - IP 9/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj2007 View Post
Snow shovelling...according to Lawl holiday guide burns 650 cal per hour...so you are definitely going to get those 2lbs down
LOL - true, however, I meant shoveling out the cr@p in the guest room!

Hey there Joni! I am doing LAWL. I got the colored plans off of e-bay a few months ago.

Jillian - Glad Pete is home. What a nice Christmas present.

Last edited by Kimphin; 12-22-2009 at 09:31 AM.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:45 AM   #7  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Good morning! I'm in a pretty fab mood this morning as I'm finishing my first week on the EODD plan and have lost 12.5 lbs! i was worried because I went off plan Sat for a party (though I didn't do horribly) and had some situational issues on Sunday. And still working on getting all the water in. But mostly on plan.

At my weight-12.5lbs isn't really noticeable but I sure am motivated to have a solid day on plan!

I'm pretty much done with xmas stuff-except for visiting Santa. I'm sure I'm going to be kicking myself for waiting when we head for the mall. Oh well. I might need a xanax or something to deal with the traffic and parking . . .

Jillian-so glad hubby is home! I'm sure it's a huge relief.

Kim-jealous about Wicked! I've read the book and heard a lot of the music-but haven't gotten to see in live yet.

Uh oh-I hear my bosses clogs heading this way-I'll pop back in later!
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:46 AM   #8  
WonderWoman

keep up the great work, JM..you're off to a fantastic start!
ps..rescue remedy is a great thing. check out their website!
Old 12-22-2009, 01:10 PM   #9  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Just popped in to wish everyone an awesome Christmas. I am going to my parents and inlaws over the next 5 days so I am looking forward to seeing my family and having a break.
I am back to work for 3 days next week and then we are off to our home in Huatulco for 14 days. I can't wait to get away from the snow.
Anyways, happy holidays everyone! MUAH!

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:12 PM   #10  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Kim - Hahaha...ok....so that should burn half the calories
So how did u do on the holiday lunch?

juliemarie - that is a great start

Jillian- Glad ur DH home. It is not how much time we spend with our loved ones...but how we spend it.

Personally...I am doing okay. I just sampled a few of my baked goddies so far...and didn't over do it with egg-nog. A friend of mine brought some shortbead cookies with chocolate glazing that she baked ...and I just took one..but that is 140 cals( 2 starch + 1 fat)...there goes my starch for the day....

Check back later
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 02:47 PM   #11  
WonderWoman

thanks MJ, you're exactly right. we only have a few months together before he leaves for a little over a year, so we're enjoying every single second.

i have had a few small pieces of the WW fudge i made this past weekend. that's it though. i bought a tofurkey for xmas dinner since it's just DH and I, and i'll be making couscous and roasted asparagus and broccoli with garlic and balsamic vinegar. and making baked cinnamon apples for dessert.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:50 PM   #12  
Kim - IP 9/10

Wow JM - what a great result! Keep kicking butt and taking names, there!

Good luck visiting Santa, hope it goes smoothly. Yikes.

Joan - I forgot to comment on your vacation home last week - absolutely amazing! I have been wanting to ask you how it was going for a while now, but I couldn't remember if you were building it yet or not. Congrats! I love the Mexican Riviera. When we were in Acapulco, it felt like we were on the surface of the sun, Huatulco must be even warmer (not a bad thing!)
Old 12-22-2009, 05:54 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Merry Christmas to you all. I have been off this week and did not have internet service until today. It is rough not being connected. Sounds like everyone is doing well.

Jillian- happy for you and your DH cherish every moment. Especially baby X's first chirstmas
Kim-i need a housekeepeer too. Hope your company does not drive you crazy
MJ- good for you finishing your education. I will go to law school in 4 years when baby drew does to school well maybe that is
Julie- great start keep up the good work!!!
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 06:23 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Julie, 12.5 pounds in a week, are you on the biggest loser or something? That is a great number. I keep messing up and taking roads that go by the mall, as the mall is kind of half way between work and home, and you can not even get close without regretting that you are heading that way. I think I'm done shopping, but then I get ideas of other little things to buy.

Kim, My DD wanted some extra Christmas money, and my house needed cleaning. So I paid her to clean my house, and she did a great job. I'm so glad that she is about to go back to school, as she has been feeling better and better, and now just needs something to do. Hopefully she will graduate in June.

MJ, Good for you, our neighbors brought over a plate of cookies and candies, and I've not been very good about staying away from it. This is why I can't bake. My sister baked for a Marine in Afganistan this year, although I imagine she will have some cookies when we go to her house for Christmas dinner.

Joan, Have a great holiday and a great vacation, since you said you've been full of stress lately, be sure to relax and unwind for a time.

Happy holidays, which ever sort you celebrate....
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 08:36 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

:sa nta:Merry Christmas!!!!! :tre e:
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote