Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2002, 11:17 AM   #1  

Default New Year's Challenge! 4 Week Challenge!

Ok,
Here I am again opening my doors to anyone that doesnt want to quit! My main goal is to keep off the 65 lbs that Ive lost since starting in Feb. I love the new me ,actually I've always been here just burried under 65 lbs of extra weight. Everyone that loses weight always says " If I can do it ,anyone can!" I believe those words. There was no one as lazy as I was when it came to exercise! I hated it . But today I'm willing to sacrifice 1 hour a day 5 days a week just to maintain my current weight of 129. It's either eat like a bird to maintain ,or eat like a normal person and exercise! I find ways to burn extra calories now. IF I dont go to the gym ,I'll mow the lawn. Of course I dont like mowing the lawn but I get a nice looking lawn and I burn calories too! And of course my husband totally loves this idea lol. If you'd like to join this challenge just post and let me know how many pounds you will try to go for in 4 weeks. This challenge ends Jan 25th. We weigh in every saturday. If we lose a pound,gain a pound or maintain our current weight just send me a message or post. I will do a weekly chart . Well I'll be the first to join and my goal is to maintain my current weight for yet another month!

Gen..Goal.. Maintain current weight

Jen519..Goal..8 lbs

grizzlyschick..Goal..10 lbs

AngieMe..Goal 8 lbs

Lidian..Goal 6 lbs

DipsNTwists..Goal..8 lbs

Kina..Goal 8 lbs

Choci..Goal..10 Lbs

Kempyd..Goal 7 lbs

Rusty..Goal 5 lbs

SuzyQ..Goal 10 lbs

MADCAT..Goal 7 lbs

Laney1733..Goal 5 lbs

Gen
194/129/maintain 4ever!

Last edited by Gennel; 12-30-2002 at 10:05 AM.
Old 12-25-2002, 04:21 PM   #2  
determined chick!

Talking Hi everyone

Well time for another challenge, and a growing list of goals I want to set for myself this year. I hope everyone is having a nice holiday- mine has been wonderful. Hubby cooked dinner! An extra Christmas bonus for me Well Gennel I want to put myself down for another 10 lbs. With getting closer to my goal, I don't know if it will be as easy as it had been with earlier challenges, but I figure if I don't challenge myself for the 10 then I'll never get there. Well gotta go! Take care. Di
Old 12-25-2002, 06:47 PM   #3  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Angry I'm in!!!

Put me down for another 8 pounds this month. I'll make it a challenge since I have been a bad girl for the last 2 days.I am sure I went up a little but I plan on sticking to it and hitting my goal by summer.

Last edited by angieME; 01-01-2003 at 10:15 PM.
Old 12-25-2002, 09:40 PM   #4  

I'm in for the challenge too - ready to start looking ahead to January! I would like to lose 6 lbs by Jan 25 which would bring me to 138 (I have not been in the 130s since about 1990)

Thanks for starting this one up,Gennel!

Lidian

178/144/130?
Old 12-26-2002, 01:26 AM   #5  

Default I'm in!

I'm ready to get started again. Glad it's a whole new challenge! I'm going to shoot for 8 pounds again. Didn't make it last challenge or the one before, but I'm sure going to try again. Even though I haven't made my goals, I'm still down 7 pounds from where I started and that's 7 pounds closer to my ultimate goal. I'm going to start strong tomorrow morning by getting up to do WATP video.

Jen
238/231/140
Old 12-26-2002, 03:44 AM   #6  
No Limit Souljah!!

Default Once Again it's on

Is it just me or does it seem as though every 4 weeks we start fresh.

Anyways, I'm gonna aim for 8 pounds this month. I lost my way during the holidays and now the cold weather is kicking my butt!
But summer will be here before I know it and i want to be ready!

Ciao

-Dips-
Old 12-26-2002, 07:53 AM   #7  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Gennel put me down for 8 lbs and it's coming off this time! I am working hard at it and although the scale is not moving I am not getting discouraged.

I just wanted to get in reall quick talk to you people later.
bye
kina
Old 12-26-2002, 09:17 AM   #8  
Hardcore UFOs

I'm in, I'm in! After the holidays I am up three pounds from my lowest weight on this journey, but still at my Christmas goal of 285. Gennel, I'd like to go for 10 more pounds during this challenge. I'd love to officially go for more than that, but I have to remember that this is not a race, and why set myself up for potential failure? I *know* I can do 10, so 10 it will be.

And besides ... slower loss is better in the long run...

I'm glad to be back. This challenge is so awesome, and I look forward to seeing what we all accomplish! Good luck ladies! Be strong like I know you can!

Officially: Start weight 285... goal 10 lbs.
Old 12-26-2002, 10:46 AM   #9  

Alright, I'll try this one too. Like Jenn I didn't make the last two challenges but I am not giving up. I am going to shoot for 7 lbs. That will get me back to 157. I am hopeing that the new year and the idea of summer coming will kick me in the butt.
Old 12-26-2002, 10:53 AM   #10  
RonaldMcDonald's LuvChild

Hello, Buddies! Here we are midway thru the holiday week and making plans for the future. Hooray for us!

Gen - thanks for getting us going again. Put me down for FIVE POUNDS - seems like I'm slowing the loss a bit now that I'm in the 150s but it'll go. Even a pound a week will get me where I want to be by short-sleeve weather!

Boy, did the holidays throw everything into bedlam - I couldn't even remember what day it was today - was thinking it was Monday. This is like having five weekends in two weeks... Hang in there - if we can maintain thru this, we can lose those pounds when life settles back into its routine!
Old 12-26-2002, 11:04 AM   #11  

I didn't drag my butt out of bed this morning until 6:30 so no excersize. Barely got to work on time! I'm starting out right otherwise, though. I think what I need to get on track again is to read and post often, especially today when it's looking like and extremely slow day at work. That's the kind of day that gets me heading to the junk food. Anyway, if I'm in here babbling every other post, bear with me please. I'm going to use my journal a bunch too.

Jen
238/231/140
Old 12-26-2002, 11:20 AM   #12  
RonaldMcDonald's LuvChild

Jen - I think you're right about posting and the other thing I find helpful is to read back thru the million diet posts and tips and articles here on the site. I absorb so much info that when decision time comes at the grocery store or a restaurant I can make good choices.

I also do searches on Yahoo for diet tips. Some excellent info scattered around if you stick to sensible weight loss sites.

This one is so NO-BS, I love it:

http://www.cspinet.org/nutrition/index.html

This one is a riot - funny and inforamtive - also NO-BS!

http://www.100-weight-loss-tips.com/
Old 12-26-2002, 01:18 PM   #13  
Hardcore UFOs

Rusty, I love those links! I've added them to my favorites already. The 100 Tips is particularly entertaining -- thanks for sharing!
Old 12-26-2002, 07:58 PM   #14  

I ended up finding great things to occupy my time at work, so it wasn't so bad after all. Thanks for the links and encouraging words. One of the "tips" I really liked from one of those sites was:

"Be patient...
Losing 2 pounds a week
adds up to 104 pounds a year.

Do you have a problem with
losing 104 pounds a year?"

No problem at all! That means that even at a "miserable, lousy" 2 pounds a week, I could reach my goal in a year. Of course, so far I haven't managed to lose a steady two pounds a week, but I'm averaging almost 1 pound a week. Even that will get me halfway to my goal and well under that 200 pound mark. The next tipwas don't let yourself get bored. For me, boredom is the number 1 reason I eat. Not that I don't have things to do...clean house, do laundry, etc. I just don't have anything I WANT to do! My living room still looks like the Santa Cyclone hit, so I'm going to tackle it when I'm done here. Subway for dinner. I'm planning on checking back in later too.

Jen
238/231/140
Old 12-26-2002, 08:33 PM   #15  

Rusty, I added the links to my favorites too - thanks! They are great!

I went to one of my favorite secondhand shops today and bought some summer clothes to remind myself that in a few months it will be warmer and I will be sorry if didn't keep up my fitness plan in the winter - here and now. That was good because it took my mind off the candy and nuts around here!

Jen, you're right - 1 or 2 lbs a week does add up over a year! I will remember that...

But I wish DH would finish up the trifle - it is lovely and I have had a spoonful or two and don't want to have any more spoonfuls. Unfortunately the kids don't like it so he is working on it alone and it will take a few more days for him to eat it up! (He only weighs 136, he can have it all now if he likes!!!)

Lidian
Closed Thread