Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 12-15-2009, 01:35 PM   #1  
on a mission!

S/C/G: 174

Height: 5'2

Red face help please?

I used to love to exercise but its hard to get back into the routine after its been so many years an 2 kids later i fill like i cant move anymore.. any ideas i could really use some.

i'm a newbie. an i really hope this works for me,

12/15:: 173lbs
stephj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:37 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Walking is great exercise. For indoors, you can use Walking Away The Pounds DVDs which a lot of people seem to like.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:28 PM   #3  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

stephj I am right with you. I can't seem to get motivated to do regular exercising. I may have to check out one of those DVDs for walking. Part of me...the little bratty kid inside is saying "I don't want 2 and I don't have 2 <rasberry>!

What 2 do? What 2 do? Like I have said before...I guess it is putting one foot in front of the other and just doing it! Good luck 2 you...if you find some extra inspiration will you send a little my way? <smile>
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 267/ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

Find something you like doing! Where i live our cable company offers free on demand fitness videos and the video store (Family Video) offers free fitness dvd rentals. Try out some things, see what you like!

It really helped me start exercising again after my son was born to decide i wanted to do something fitness related. I decided to start signing up for runs, and for this i would recommend the Couch to 5K program, which can be found on coolrunning.com.

There are some good reviews/opinions on various videos in the Fitness Video Forum.

Also, when the weather is nicer i go for stroller walks at a near by park which is up 7 down hills the whole way with a close friend. They are so fun, and we usually grab a light lunch after.
medinazarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:04 PM   #5  
on a mission!

S/C/G: 174

Height: 5'2

Talking Workouts!!

You i do have digital cable an i turned it on yesterday on the fit tv channel an shimmy was on so i tried to do it an i just couldn't move like that..lol.. NELIE, I do come to think of it have the dvd walk away the pounds an i do believe i am going to do it. . i also printed up a work out on the computer that is 30 min long . i will log is at the bottom so you all can see what is is an try it... please let me know what you think of it after you have tried it ok?

i have interned the 5lbs challenge an i hope this works for me. Has anyone else interned in that?

WORKOUT PLAN, YOU MAY SWITCH THESE DAILY IF YOU WOULD LIKE,

#1 2MIN- UP, DOWN STAIRS
#2 2MIN- JUMP N JACKS
#3 1MIN- PUSH UPS
#4 REPEAT #1
#5 2MIN- STANDING CURLS
#6 3MIN- JOGGING IN PLACE
#7 1MIN- SIT UPS
#8 REPEAT #1
#9 REPEAT #1
#10 REPEAT #2

BETWEEN EAT OF THESE YOU TAKE A 1 MIN BREAK, IF YOUR LIKE ME AN DON'T HAVE STAIRS REPEAT #5. THE PUSH UP YOU CAN DO WITH YOUR KNEES ON THE FLOOR.

stephj is offline   Reply With Quote