South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-15-2009, 01:54 PM   #1  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Post Top DVD's for 2010

Hello Chicks, found this article on the top fitness DVD's for 2010 thought I would pass it along for anyone thinking on getting some new ones or if anyone has one of these thought we could have our own review.

Davina Fit

(7 December 2009)
Big Brother hostess and fitness guru Davina McCall returns with a brand new DVD all about getting fit, staying fit and having fun.

This time there are four-self contained 30 minute workouts led by Jackie and Mark Wren, Davina's personal trainers. Top Fit focuses on your arms, Bottom Fit on your legs and bum, Kick Fit is a high impact fat-burning workout and Aerobics Fit really gets you moving.

As usual all the workouts have a warm up at the start and warm down at the end, but Davina Fit also includes a Yoga Stretch to help to banish those aches and pains the next morning.

Style: Fat burning with a friendly face
Best bit: Put the 'fun' into working out
Avoid if: You find the Big Brother presenter a bit much
Get if: You really want to burn off those calories

Jessie Look At Me Now

(28 December 2009)
Ex-Eastender star Jessie emerged a whopping two stone lighter after working out with trainer Paul Ellis. Now she's ready to show the world how she did it in this fitness DVD.

Designed to work all aspects of your body, the DVD is broken down into easy to follow sections focusing on fat burning, strengthening and toning. As well as including a Full Body Workout and a Boxercise set there are four 10 minute routines specifically designed to target problem areas such as bingo wings and stomach flab.

Jessie says, 'It's about changing your life and your life-style. It's not a fad thing or a passing craze. You have to stick at it. I did it so can you.'

Style: Funky and fast - Jessie's energy levels are a bit scary
Best bit: Jessie's impressive six pack
Avoid if: Evangelical fitness and diet advice isn't your thing
Get if: You're serious about changing your lifestyle

Rosemary Conley's Real Results

(28 December 2009)
The 'Queen of Lean' Rosemary Conley has sold more DVDs than any other fitness artist and now she's back for her thirtieth and final workout designed for every age and size.

As well as offering 5 workouts - Aerobics, Standing Conditioning, Floor Conditioning, Express Hip and Thigh and Express Abs, the DVD also introduces you to six women who have been through the workouts and shed over 19 stone between them.

Rosemary says, 'Six women, spanning six decades prove my latest DVD offers fantastic results whatever your age.'

Style: Good old fashioned workouts and advice
Best bit: The 'jazzy' outfits and easy-to-follow moves
Avoid if: You hate the grapevine
Get if: You're a life-long Rosemary Conley fan

Coleen Nolan Lets Get Physical

(28 December 2009)
Coleen Nolan has put Let's Get Physical together with her new trainer, GMTV's Deanne Berry. She has ditched the scales, ramped up her exercise and kept the weight off for three years.

Designed to fit into your daily routine, there are 4 individual 20 minute workouts with amazing '80s hits, each with its own unique warm up and cool down.

Coleen says, 'In just 20 minutes you will feel fitter, healthier and you will be one step closer to getting your dream body, whatever size you want to be.'

Style: Fast paced dance routines '80s style
Best bit: The embarrassed looking male backing dancers
Avoid if: You have a problem following choreography
Get if:Your favourite film is Flashdance

Camilla Dallerup's Dance Off The Inches

(Available now)
Camilla Dallerup, professional dancer and star of Strictly Come Dancing, launches a DVD featuring her very own choreographed dance-based workouts with the aim of bringing the fun back to fitness.

Dance Off The Inches with Camilla Dallerup offers expert tuition and exclusive routines that give people the chance to learn new skills from a professional while burning calories at the same time. Learn to dance the Mambo, Cha Cha and Jive, together with a Funky Workout and Calorie Burner section. Extras include an interview with the Danish-born dancer.

Camilla says, 'I have always believed in staying healthy and exercising has been a big part of my life and my career. But I realised long ago that, to be successful, exercise has to be enjoyable.'

Style: Up-tempo dance workout
Best bit: Simple routines for novices
Avoid if: You're already a practised dancer
Get if: You fancy yourself as a Strictly contestant, but have two left feet.

The Biggest Loser: New Year New You Workout

(28 December 2009)
Join the trainers and contestants from the show The Biggest Loser as they demonstrate some of the work out routines that helped them drop the pounds.

Celebrity trainers Angie and Richard guide viewers through 60 minutes of intensive, calorie crunching workouts, which includes cardio and resistance routines as well as extras to hone in on trouble spots like bingo wings and bums. It also comes with a recommended 6-week personal plan to keep you on track to see big results.

If you're still in need of some gentle persuasion remember that the winner of the first ITV1 series lost an astonishing 9 stones 6 pounds in just 17 weeks.

Style: Tough love
Best bit: The ability to tailor your own routine
Avoid if: You prefer a more pampered, girly approach
Get if: You're fed up of fitness fads and gimmicks

10 Minute Solutions

28 December 2009
Jenni Falconer is the 'face' of fitness brand 10 Minute Solutions, but don't expect to actually see her doing any of the workouts. What this means is she is the spokesperson. The four new workouts - Dance Your Body Thin, Knockout Body Workout, Belly Butt And Thigh Blasters and Hip Hop Dance Mix - feature American instructors, but if you can take all the 'positive mental attitude' you are sure of four exercise DVDs that will have you working your socks off.

The big bonus with these DVDs is they are all broken down into 10 minute segments so it's easy to fit at least one workout in a day or to do two or three in a row depending on how much time you have. The choice is yours.

Jenni Falconer says, 'You can create a customised workout that suits you. I love the dancing and the music and you can feel confident the routines are safe and good for you because each DVD is presented by a certified instructor.'

Style: All American - lots of big white teeth and big blonde hair
Best bit: Get past the cheese and the workouts are actually pretty good
Avoid if: You don't respond well to being told to 'work your booty'
Get if: You're short on time

Clubland: The Workout Of Your Life

26 December 2009
Deanne Berry, the Sydney born dance and fitness queen, who inspired GMTV audiences this Summer with her sensational bikini diet workout routines, returns with her second Clubland fitness DVD, The Workout Of Your Life.

The DVD includes six sections - The Work It Up warm up, cardio burners Aerobic Floor Fillers and Ultra Dance Beat, the boxing special Clubland Combat and muscle toning Total Tone as well as the ultimate warm down, Cool it Off. There are lots of extras including an interview with Deanne and 'behind the scenes' footage.

Deanne says, 'An hour's dancing can help shift hundreds of calories and is great aerobic exercise and fun at the same time.'

Style: Calling all clubbers
Best bit: The amazing soundtrack including Black Eye'd Peas and Lady Gaga
Avoid if: You're scared by skimpy outfits
Get if: You're a fan of the Eric Prydz's 'Call On Me' video

Cream Ibiza Dance Workout

28 December 2009
This dance workout is led by choreographer and fitness expert Supple. Don't let the silly name put you off, he's worked with some big names including Madonna, Jamiroquai and Beyonce.

Dance off those pounds with Supple and his girls as they tackle Combat, Dance Fit, Fat Burner and Legs, Bums and Tums and if that sounds like too much hard work, don't worry, the funky mix of house, club classics and pumping anthems will provide all the motivation you need to keep going.

Style: For the dedicated Cream fan only
Best bit: There are plenty of workouts so no chance of boredom
Avoid if: You dislike fast paced dance workouts and need your hand holding
Get if: You're already booking that flight to Ibiza

Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred

28 December 2009
Jillian - star of The Biggest Loser US and one of the world's top fitness experts - is committed to getting big results. Follow her lead through her unique 3-2-1 Interval System combining strength, cardio and abs and check out the six-packs on display.

The DVD includes three complete 20 minute workouts which progress in intensity from pretty hard to very hard. There's no room for slackers. Start with Level 1 and advance through to Level 3 to make like the Teenage Mutant Turtles and shred!

Style: Safe, efficient and fad free
Best bit: Easy to follow 20 minute workouts catering to every level
Avoid if: You're scared to sweat
Get if: You want abs like Jillian
little chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 203/197/145

Height: 5'4"

Very Interesting. I have Jillian's 30 Day shred.... I should open it on days I don't go to the gym!
Karrebeaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 06:14 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I'm a big fan of the 10 minute solution DVDs. I add a couple of segments throughout the day along with a regular cardio workout. It feels more manageable grabbing 10 minutes between other things. Currently Amazon has a few of them on sale for $8.49 if anyone is looking to try one out.
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 12:13 AM   #4  

I chose TONIQUE and there is possibility (I emailed her) IN Jan there is new Tonique coming ...2 hours
fit4life4love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 03:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: ♡See Ticker♡

Height: 68"

I'm excited/ scared to start the 30 day shred tomorrow. Picked it up at target for around 8 bucks.
Mikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 11:19 AM   #6  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

I have heard good things about the 30 day shred, I can't wait to hear what you think.
little chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 11:39 AM   #7  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

You know where my heart is... Jazzercise Dancing Abs and Jazzercise Core are both great DVDs.

As far as Jillian Michaels goes, she is mighty tough for a beginner. Her warm up routine is, "RUN!!! PICK UP THOSE KNEES!!!" Just a warning...
Chelby29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 06:26 PM   #8  

I did Tonique yesterday and I can hardly sit on the toilet it is best workout i just read on another block she has a new dvd coming...i also do her workout on exercise tv for FREE!!!!
Old 02-04-2010, 10:25 PM   #9  

i did Tracy Anderson and the new Tonique 2...my legs and butt are on fire