South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 06:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Merry merry Monday

That's the most important thing on the agenda right now. Why is it, no matter how much weekend I get, I always want one more day?

We don't have snow on the ground, but it's looking and smelling a lot like Christmas. The cookie baking has begun, although I sent all the gingerbread home with Carley on Saturday, and Amber was happy to take all the pretty sugar cookies she decorated home with her yesterday. We also made oatmeal butterscotch and chocolate chip cookies, and I'll be baking another batch of cookies every morning this week. Luckily, I enjoy the aroma of them more than I enjoy eating them, but it's still going to be a bit of challenge resist. I will stay strong though!!!!
So this morning involves baking and more gift wrapping, and giving the kitchen floor a good scrubbing before I go off to the farm.

How's your day shaping up? Whatever you do, remember to keep the spirit of Christmas and be merry!
Old 12-14-2009, 06:40 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default "Move it!" Monday Chat

Good Monday morning! I'm not sure what our weather will be today but it HAS to be better than yesterday afternoon. I don't think I've ever driven in worse daytime conditions! I did get a new tree but it's still in the trunk - no way I was going to struggle through the snow with it yesterday.

Busy day ahead with a trips to the gym, the post office, the vet and to a friend's place to check out an antique table she wants to sell. If I buy it, I'll have to find a home for my current one. I really don't need two honking diningroom tables in the house! It sounds really good but the timing is all wrong. They need to move on Friday and I'll be away for two days.

Wrapping is all done but the diningroom table is still covered. I feel like just pitching all the paper, tags and ribbons and starting fresh next year but my Frugal Franny side won't let me. Alter egos are a PITA!

Time for another coffee, some dog love and the making of a realistic list. The countdown begins!

How does your Monday look from the early morning perspective? Give yourself time to watch The Grinch, play some music and admire the lights.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:50 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

Cottage, we could have called it Move it and Merge it Merry Monday!

I think I'll bake a batch of cookies too this morning. They do smell wonderful.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:53 AM   #4  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Linda, I bet the girls all had fun baking with you this weekend! Special times! Enjoy the smells in your kitchen this week!

Ruth, is the new table much different from the one you have? We're in the market for a new table. Ours was bought in our "poor days" and has seen several refinishes and retilings. We found a neat antique place in the next village that has some great tables and chairs so we're saving up for a new set.

I just got back from the gym. It was a great workout! I need to jump in the shower before Connor gets home. After he finishes his homework and homeschool and we get the girls from Kindergarten, we're going to do some rolled sugar cookies. Then I should be ready to put together all the cookie plates and start giving them away.

Hope you all have a good day!
Old 12-14-2009, 06:54 AM   #5  

Ruth, I hope you get a good report on Disney from the vet's. Thank goodness you got home safely yesterday in that storm! The weather here was just awful yesterday with icy roads and freezing rain most of the day, and that kept me at home except for a quick trip to the grocery store. I've been trying to use up my wrapping paper for the past 2 years, and if there's any leftover this year, I AM going to pitch it. I'm ready for some new stuff!
Old 12-14-2009, 07:12 AM   #6  
Visualizing the Goal

I would like to know why I am losing weight in my boobs, where I'd rather keep it, and not in my belly, where I'd like to see it disappear.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:20 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

Kara, it's because life isn't fair!
Old 12-14-2009, 07:21 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Yes, I'll have another cup. thanks

Cottage - Sounds like a lot of fun this weekend. I didn't do any baking after all but Julie made this, www.chow.com/recipes/14591 With modifications (cocoa nibs and coconut instead of chocolate chunks) and they were very tasty.

Ruth - I'll be checking for the Disney report today.
I'm still working through some of that old paper too. Thank goodness fro the compost pile or I'd still be a human garbage disposal. I just hate waste. Good luck with that realistic list.

Kara - Cookie making sounds like a fun afternoon activity

Just another Monday around here. I am happily counting down to a week off next week so just getting stuff done right now. No visits but plenty of clean-up, filing and reporting to do.

It's icy and snowy out there so I better get moving and get the car shoveled out. Have a safe and smooth Monday
Old 12-14-2009, 07:23 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Kara - I still have a slight buddha belly. I know because there's nothing in the way to block my view
Old 12-14-2009, 07:27 AM   #10  

Kara, I wish I would lose weight in my boobs! No matter how much weight I lose, my boobs are always the last to go! Have fun baking with the kids today! I have to do a good cleaning after yesterday's session. I can see sprinkles and sugar crystals on the floor as I write this!

Cyndi, I'm glad we saved some coffee for you! Julie's cookies sound yummy, but don't eat too many! Portion Control!
Old 12-14-2009, 07:27 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

well guys life has been on a crazy stressful track for me. I've lost those 5lbs I've gained and I'm just maintaining at this point. I'm ok with that considering what has been going on. Lots of disappointments with the wedding, my parents on the verge of seperation, my mother is getting laid off, my great uncle passed away, my grandfather's health deteriorating, my family all disowning one another over stupid stuff and we got into a car accident yesterday. I just have to make it through this week, thats all I have to do. then I can come home and enjoy 2 weeks of no work while I try to figure things out. I wish I could stay home today but I can't. SO I have to put a fake smile on my face and pretend I'm happy to be there.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:30 AM   #12  
Working on healthy

Cottage - I ate one just to try them. The rest are going to her office party luckily

Sillyfluff - Sorry like is throwing so many challenges your way right now. Count those days down to some time off and make sure you have a little You time planned. Sounds like you could really use it right now.
Maintaining through the holidays is an accomplishment.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:39 AM   #13  

Sillyfluff, I'm sorry life is throwing you a curve ball right now, but congratulations for hanging in there and losing 5 lbs! Try not to stress about things you can not change, and focus on YOU right now. I know it's hard, but things will work themselves out in the end. It always does.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:43 AM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Flyby coffee break this AM. We're travelling today and I want to get to the pool in addition to finishing my obligations.

SillyFluff, I'm so glad you keep checking in with us. Maintaining sounds like a good choice for you. You can get through these weeks without eating out of control. Its hard to take care of yourself first, but it does help.

Ruth, thanks for the nice message which I'm sending back; give yourself time to watch The Grinch, play some music and admire the lights. to you and Disney today.

Cottage, I AM going to have a bakeathon when I get over the hill, but I signed on to a challenge at the local newstation to only give healthy gifts so I'm going to try some new things this year. We saw the cars sliding around in your neck of the woods yesterday! I hope the weather improves.

Kara, have fun with the kids today! PS I could use a little loss in both of those areas!

Cyndi, have fun counting down this week. Take care on the roads and I'm going to check out that recipe when I get over the hill. Were they REALLY good? I need something healthy and really good for my BRO.

I was thinking I'd just shut the computer off and pack up to avoid temptations, but I need to check the weather on Vail Pass.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-14-2009, 08:45 AM   #15  
Visualizing the Goal

Cyndi, that's hilarious! I'm sorry. It shouldn't be.

Silly, I'm glad those five pounds are gone! Maintaining through the holidays is a realistic goal. I'm sorry things are so stressful!

Debbie, I hope you have a good day! Good luck with the healthy recipes. Maybe some breads?

Last edited by tomandkara; 12-14-2009 at 08:48 AM.
Closed Thread