Weight Loss News and Current Events Discuss the latest weight loss news headlines and major events.

Old 12-11-2009, 08:35 AM   #1  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

Default Jillian Michael's WL Supplement review

Here's a great review on Jillian Michael's Fat Burner pills.

http://joe-cannon.blogspot.com/

Why would anyone take it?

Last edited by pintobean; 12-11-2009 at 09:48 AM.
pintobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:01 AM   #2  
Eye of the Tiger!

S/C/G: 205/175/146

Height: 5'10

I am a big fan of Jillian because she always seems to be such a big promoter of losing weight with hard exercise, proper diet, and resolving psycological/ or other issues which caused one to gain weight. I am very dissapointed about this supplement being sold with her name on it, either she is doing it for the money, which I have a hard time beliving, or she sold the rights to her name, which is also too bad. This supplement is just another diet scam .
wannabeahotmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:08 AM   #3  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I also am disappointed in her sell out. Any true JM fans knows this isn't what she is about.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:31 AM   #4  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

The most disappointing thing is that it contains one of the "Dirty Dozen" supplement ingredients that consumer advocate groups have determined are "probably dangerous" - bitter orange. Bitter orange can cause heart palpitations and other cardiac side effects.

It's not worth it...the money OR the risks. And I am also really disappointed in Jillian (and she didn't just license her name, she developed it herself and used to talk about doing so on her radio show)
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/234/150

Height: 5'7"

firstly, jillian michaels has always believed in supplements. She's always promoted the use of supplements to aid in weightloss.
Second, the danger of bitter orange is still debatable. I've talked to my doctor and for me personally he said it would be safe to use.
If you're a person with serious heart problems then you likely shouldn't be taking any kind of supplement unless approved by a doctor.

These are all natural ingredients. I've been advised by a trainer to drink a cup of black coffee and take an aspirin before a workout. Because the caffiene will boost your energy for the workout and the aspirin will enable you to work longer because it lessens the pain.
There are other supplements out there such as Alli that actually interfere with your body's functions. And others that contain harmful CHEMICALS.

Jillian is endorsing this product because it is something she believes in. And I know she has highly respected doctors that helped her develop the product.
after consulting with a doctor and getting my health checked I would consider this supplement.
nicollem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 01:28 PM   #6  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicollem View Post
firstly, jillian michaels has always believed in supplements. She's always promoted the use of supplements to aid in weightloss.
I must have missed that. What I've heard her say over and over on her radio show is that there is no magic pill, weightloss pills are a waste of money and can be dangerous, and the correct way to do it is with diet and exercise.
bacilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 01:37 PM   #7  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

My belief is she is promoting the pills because it will make her money.

There are a lot of 'all natural' ingredients that will kill you. cyanide. hemlock. There are also lots of natural ingredients that can hurt you if they don't kill you.

Personally, I have never seen a supplement that works. What I have heard are studies that show that in studies, the effectiveness of a diet supplement isn't based on its ingredients but the amount of marketing it receives.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 01:44 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 240/234/150

Height: 5'7"

Bacilli - I don't mean a magic pill. by supplement I'm talking about products that Help you along with diet and exercise.
On her radio show she talked about diet stackers Often. Recommending them to help with workouts.
As well as supplements containing green tomato extract, I've heard her reccomend those. For people trying to build muscle she reccomended a supplement that I can't recall the name of.
I remember a segment on her show where she talked specifically about biggest loser telling her she was no longer able to use supplements because they could create unfairness for the contestents and how the weightloss wasn't as great that season.
And on rachael ray she talked about using her supplements on season 8 contestants and the huge numbers they lost.

Last edited by nicollem; 12-11-2009 at 01:48 PM. Reason: typos
nicollem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:17 PM   #9  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I've tried many supplements over the years- NOTHING works. This is just another one of those things that don't work IMO.

I mean even if something works while you take them that means you have to be on it the rest of your life or you'll just gain the weight back... Eh not worth it IMO.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 05:39 PM   #10  

S/C/G: Check My Ticker! :D

I take Green Tea Extract as a type of colon cleanser, because I don't like the taste of green tea itself, and it works wonders for me.

And sorry if this is TMI, but I have BM's like a champ!
redreine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 05:52 PM   #11  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

If taking a pill did THAT much good the entire world would be a fit and a healthy weight.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 03:51 PM   #12  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Just because something is "all natural" doesn't mean its good for you. When something says "all natural" that just means that it really didn't have to be evaluated by any doctor/review panel before being sold. Something like Alli had to be tested, evaluated and actually show results in order to be marketed for weight loss, and while there are side effects, and it is a chemical, those side effects are documented and studied and chronicled by regulatory bodies so they can pull the plug if there are too many adverse health effects on its users.

These supplements (and any supplement that says "all natural") aren't regulated. And just because a trainer recommends something doesn't mean its safe.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 09:33 PM   #13  
hot mama!

S/C/G: 184/149/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone View Post
Any true JM fans knows this isn't what she is about.
Evidently it is.

I have to admit I was terribly disappointed when I saw the JM pills at the pharmacy. It was when Dr. Phil introduced his line of "diet products" that I sent his weight loss solution book to charity, and I never once purchased the chemical "food" products that they kept trying to sell me at Weight Watchers. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to that kind of crap.

Also, the label "supplement" covers a wide variety of products. There's a huge difference between a multi-vitamin supplement and a caffeine-fat burner supplement. Remember ephedra/ Ma Huang? It was all natural...and very dangerous!

I'll stick to counting calories and exercise. JM has lost my respect, but, such is capitalism!
Tanna Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:24 AM   #14  

Do any of you people take vitamins? That's a supplement. Do any take Fish Oil, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Calcium? Those are supplements. Don't condem all supplements. Every body is different and reacts differently.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:10 PM   #15  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I don't take any vitamins, but most of the things you've written about are recommended by people with medical training as at least "they do no harm, and might do some good", backed by scientific studies and research as safe, if not effective.

Bitter orange and the other ingredients in the supplement don't have that level of backup, so I am more skeptical than of other supplements.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote