General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 12-12-2009, 12:17 PM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Exclamation Is My Wife Freakin' INSANE?

My wife is off at bell choir practice at church right now. She spent quite a bit of time on the computer this morning....I asked what she was doing....she said you'll see...

Now I know she is looking to get a new tattoo....evidently when my sister completes her chemo and radiation for her breast cancer.... and is healthy enough....she and Angie are going to get tattoos together...maybe even my daughter and nieces...my sister and daughter are the only ones that don't have one.

She has been looking for one on the internet...mostly "crosses" or "yoga" types...I figured that's what it was she was doing...

NOPE!...I received this e-mail a few minutes ago ~

Yes--- it is me and this is probably the tackiest email I have ever sent. But I will be turning 50 very soon and with age comes the loss of social filters, a loss of decorum. I am getting an early start on being an obnoxious old lady.
If you are wonder what gift to give me for my 50th birthday, I have included a few suggestions below -- just scroll down. I've decided to be vocal this year, since I usually am a very quiet and unassuming person.
Maybe y'all can pool your resources...

For my family members I have not notified....

Party on Jan. 9, 2010 to celebrate my half-century milestone!!

I love my family!!

WHAT!!???

Are you kidding me BABE?

There was some "i-cons" that failed to show up following the unassuming person...

And following the post was 7 Tiffany necklaces priced from $100-$175 that we could choose from....

That just blows my e-book idea right out of the water!!!!

My kids will get a kick out of this but I can't wait to hear what her sister's have to say.....

I can guarantee you...this e-mail will NEVER DIE in her family....

What do you gals think about this?

Last edited by EZMONEY; 12-12-2009 at 12:17 PM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 12:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Gary, when your sister gets ready for radiation, she will be tatooed. I have tatoos complements of the radiology department. They look a lot like blackheads, though.

Last edited by bargoo; 12-12-2009 at 12:23 PM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 01:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 324/283/260

Height: 5'7''

Im confused. Is it the tone of the email/how it is written, what presents she is requesting, or the fact that she is throwing a party without checking with you first that is wierding you out? Personally, i think the only strange thing is that she didnt check with you first. I mean, is the party gonna be at your house?

I think she is saying that normally she is unassuming and just accepts whatever gifts she gets but now, as she gets older, she is becoming more assertive and wants gifts that she actually wants so she is hoping people will pool their resources and give a group gift instead of cheaper gifts that she has no use for. This makes perfect sense to me. I have so much crap that has accumulated in my apartment that getting more crap i dont need is kinda stressful. I'm still in the nice/young/naive stage of being happy and excited to get a gift but then, later, i think: what the heck am i gonna do with this? I think she is just acting on a sentiment that many of us have at some point during gift exchanges.
katkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 01:54 PM   #4  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Gary, I'm so glad you're a part of 3FC, I do love reading your posts.

yes, 50th bday par-tay! (I should start planning now, I have 5 years to think of what I want for that milestone)

yes, tiffany necklace (INDULGE). and I'd suggest getting her something great in addition to that, to dwarf her original splurge desire She will love you for it.

I don't tattoo, but the idea sounds bonding and positive
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 03:00 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

I think it's awesome... go Angie! Which necklace did you decide to get her?? Post a link so we can see
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 03:20 PM   #6  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
Gary, when your sister gets ready for radiation, she will be tatooed. I have tatoos complements of the radiology department. They look a lot like blackheads, though.
Well BARGOO I am sure you will be twins...she has been told to expect quite a bit starting the beginning of next year..

Quote:
Originally Posted by katkitten View Post
Im confused.Welcome to my world Is it the tone of the email/how it is written, what presents she is requesting, or the fact that she is throwing a party without checking with you firstthis happens frequently...not telling me "OUR" plans.. that is wierding you out? Personally, i think the only strange thing is that she didnt check with you first. I mean, is the party gonna be at your house? there is always a party at my house...no problem..

I think she is saying that normally she is unassuming and just accepts whatever giftsI can tell you we "hear" about it she gets but now, as she gets older,she is in denial she is becoming more assertive and wants gifts that she actually wants so she is hoping people will pool their resources and give a group gift instead of cheaper gifts that she has no use for.where is the fun in that? This makes perfect sense to me. I have so much crap that has accumulated in my apartment that getting more crap i dont need is kinda stressful. I'm still in the nice/young/naive stage of being happy and excited to get a gift but then, later, i think: what the heck am i gonna do with this? I think she is just acting on a sentiment that many of us have at some point during gift exchanges.
She is not surprising me with her party..we are planning it together...well...she is planning it...but...we are together...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonwoman64 View Post
Gary, I'm so glad you're a part of 3FC, I do love reading your posts.

yes, 50th bday par-tay! (I should start planning now, I have 5 years to think of what I want for that milestone)

yes, tiffany necklace (INDULGE). and I'd suggest getting her something great in addition to that, to dwarf her original splurge desire She will love you for it.

I don't tattoo, but the idea sounds bonding and positive
I thought my e-book was the perfect gift for a 50th birthday....My daughter/kidnapper and step-d are in your neighborhood today...brrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking2lose View Post
I think it's awesome... go Angie! Which necklace did you decide to get her?? She hasn't told me which one I am buying yet Post a link so we can see
I tried to post the link of the necklaces but they won't come up....sorry...I could post the # of them if anyone is really interested...

Last edited by EZMONEY; 12-12-2009 at 03:21 PM.
Old 12-12-2009, 04:14 PM   #7  
Be happy.

FWIW, I really liked the idea of the Kindle/eReader, too. When I read your post asking about it, it sounded like you'd spend some time finding something she'd use a lot and really enjoy.

I'd never suggest you get it INSTEAD of the necklace she's asked for, but any chance you can get her both gifts? Maybe surprise her with the Kindle when the two of you are celebrating by yourselves?

It would be kind of extravagant, but she's only going to turn 50 once....

Disclaimer: Heidi58 is not a marriage counselor or personal gift shopper and any advice given should not be considered professional advice. No guarantee is made against accuracy.

Last edited by Heidi58; 12-12-2009 at 04:15 PM.
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 04:37 PM   #8  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Hey Gar,
Go with your initial e-book idea, and also a necklace! She'll be tickled PINK having both, us wive's are like that yanno! Without a doubt, I know that's what my hubby would do!
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:01 AM   #9  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi58 View Post
FWIW, I really liked the idea of the Kindle/eReader, too. When I read your post asking about it, it sounded like you'd spend some time finding something she'd use a lot and really enjoy. Nope...just saw it on the news and my wife reads a lot..no time at all "shopping"

I'd never suggest you get it INSTEAD of the necklace she's asked for, but any chance you can get her both gifts? Maybe surprise her with the Kindle when the two of you are celebrating by yourselves? There is a chance she will get both gifts...

It would be kind of extravagant, but she's only going to turn 50 once....

Knowing my wife....the word 50 will never ever be said

Disclaimer: Heidi58 is not a marriage counselor or personal gift shopper and any advice given should not be considered professional advice. No guarantee is made against accuracy.
Funny stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilwomaniamshe View Post
Hey Gar,
Go with your initial e-book idea, and also a necklace! She'll be tickled PINK having both, us wive's are like that yanno! Without a doubt, I know that's what my hubby would do!
I'll consider all the mentioned advice...my only concern is....if I get her both gifts she may think she is "worthy"...don't want that now do we?....
Old 12-13-2009, 11:36 AM   #10  

I have the Kindle...Love it....Have some pieces from Tiffanys....Love them. Here is the deal EZ. You get her both and you will have many many many "happy endings". Do it!!!
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:52 PM   #11  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

don't you love how we all have your wife's back, EZ? She may be insane- but it might be the only way she has in keeping up with her wonderful husband!

Maybe this is her way of making it clear that she would really really really not like to see any of that "over the hill" and graveyard themed crap at her party? A preemptive strike, perhaps??
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:58 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
I'll consider all the mentioned advice...my only concern is....if I get her both gifts she may think she is "worthy"...don't want that now do we?....
Yes you do. Forget wild women. Worthy women do
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 01:39 PM   #13  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrismm View Post
I have the Kindle...Love it....Have some pieces from Tiffanys....Love them. Here is the deal EZ. You get her both and you will have many many many "happy endings". Do it!!!
But I already have happy endings...and I do "Do it"...but alas...usually all by myself with this pre/menopause issue she has decided to drag into our marriage...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziep View Post
don't you love how we all have your wife's back, EZ? She may be insane- but it might be the only way she has in keeping up with her wonderful husband!

So when people ask her... "How do you live with him?"...it's a bad thing?

Maybe this is her way of making it clear that she would really really really not like to see any of that "over the hill" and graveyard themed crap at her party? A preemptive strike, perhaps??
Oh I TOTALLY figured that out many years ago when I bought her toaster (among other things...give me a little credit) for our first Christmas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieJ08 View Post
Yes you do. Forget wild women. Worthy women do
A couple of years ago we went to a "50's Roast" for my brother in law...when we left she told me... Don't you even THINK about having something like that for me ....I already knew...I already knew....
Old 12-13-2009, 01:54 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
A couple of years ago we went to a "50's Roast" for my brother in law...when we left she told me... Don't you even THINK about having something like that for me
Oh <something>, I might have to move to a different country and find all new friends and family if I ever got roasted. After they used the jaws of life to extract me from whatever hole I found to jam myself into.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 02:13 PM   #15  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

You have a very smart lady there.

She dererves everything on her list.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote