Old 12-11-2009, 08:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 400/400/180

Height: 5'5"

Default What is an ideal carb/fat/protein daily ratio?

So I'm using FitDay... and it tells you the percentage of carbohydrates, fat, and protein you are eating with the foods you list. This is great... I mean, its interesting! Lol. But what is the ideal ratio for those who need to lose a significant amount of weight? What should I be striving for here?

Bridezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 08:23 PM   #2  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

I think everyone is going to have a different opinion on this one. Everyone eventually finds something that works for them.

I find that keeping my protein levels up helps with hunger levels. I usually aim for 25-30% plus on the protein and let the rest fall where they may. I looked back and I'm usually around 27% protein, 25% fat, with the rest being carbs.
RealCdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 08:26 PM   #3  
Getting back to it!

S/C/G: 323/see ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

Hi Bridezilla! Motivatedbride here lol. I have been using fitday since 2004...I love it! When I stopped using it for about a year and a half that's when I started packing on the pounds again, so I am a firm believer in logging my food now.

Regarding the carb/fat/protein ratio, I think it's different for everyone. I started going to a bariatrician in jan when I was at my highest of 323. She started me on a 1500 calorie diet, with things like whole wheat toast, fruit, brown rice, lean proteins, veggies, etc. It took about two months of adjusting different protein/carb ratios til I saw more fat loss and less muscle and water.

I found that my best ratio is 45%protein/40% carb/15%fat. But that's me I hope you find what works for you. Best of luck!
motivatedbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 03:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 400/400/180

Height: 5'5"

Thanks girls so much!!!
Bridezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 03:16 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 276/276/135

Height: 5'10

thanks for asking the question and for the answers....I was wondering exactly the same thing! It's great to have some ideas as to where to start and tweek it from there!
mishll is offline   Reply With Quote