Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2002, 10:17 PM   #1  
Slowly going crazy!

Default An Update...back from surgery.

Hi everyone. I just thought I would let you know that I am back from surgery in Tijuana. (Lap-Band).
I've updated my private journal (a link in my profile). I'm doing well adjusting to my band. It's hard smelling all these great Christmas foods knowing I can't eat them right now. Eventually I will be able to chew/eat but in very small quantities. I've already been planning that 'first meal' of sorts.

Anyways, I know some of you wanted me to update you on how things went. Instead of crowding up this board, you can check out my journal entries.

I wish all of you success in your weight-loss journey. I know we will all reach our goals some-day.
Old 12-23-2002, 10:18 AM   #2  

*HUGS* I am glad you posted....was thinking about you. Happy to hear that all is well. I am going to check out you're journal.

What can you eat right now?
Did you tell everyone in you're family?
Hope hubby is taking care of you.

Old 12-23-2002, 10:41 AM   #3  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

I was just thinking about you this morning, wondering how you were doing! I'm glad it went well...keep us updated!
Old 12-23-2002, 12:32 PM   #4  
Slowly going crazy!

Quote:
Originally posted by Jenniffer

What can you eat right now?
Did you tell everyone in you're family?
Hope hubby is taking care of you.

I'm on jello and broth for about 2 weeks...can add fruit and veggie juices and yogurt and soft mushy foods around day 10.

I told my parents and online friends, and some close friends. My in-laws do not know. We would have told them after the surgery but there is just too much family tragedy that happened last week, (Sis in law diagnosed with breast cancer and her hubby loses his job the next day, uncle has spots on his lungs and tumors on his spine and ribs) We figured why tell them, they don't need anymore stuff to worry about. When we see them in Feb. then we will let them know. (Hopefully they can see the difference in me somewhat by then).

Dh is taking care of me. He feels like an a$$ because he forgot to get my pain meds, but he knows I'm a trouper. He really has picked up the slack around here.

Thanks everyone for your support. I'm not sure if I should even post here on the 100lb club because of my surgery, but I really want to give and crave some good support as well.
Old 12-23-2002, 02:26 PM   #5  

I'm glad everything went well. I'll be hoping for a fast & easy recovery!
Old 12-23-2002, 04:13 PM   #6  
hot mom wanna be!

Smile congrats!!

I am glad that you are doing so well, I am sending my best wishes your way!!
laura
313/234.5/160
Old 12-24-2002, 09:12 AM   #7  
Losin It For GOOD!

Hey - hope you feel better really quick, and of course you can post here, we are non-discriminatory
Old 12-26-2002, 09:30 AM   #8  

Amy..don't be crazy. I'd be pretty upset with you if you left us now. I want to be there cheering you on along your journey. ANd hey, lets face it, I need some serious inspiration right now. hee hee

I am glad you have a supportive hubby and family. And yes, I think your decision was right not to tell your in-laws. Sounds like they have a whole lot going on. I will keep them in m thoughts..

How are you feeling? How did you do through the holidays?

Old 12-28-2002, 07:37 PM   #9  
Catwoman

You've lost almost 20 pounds since the surgery WOW! Must make you feel pretty exciting and help with you coping with the pain and all, Best of luck

Kitty
Closed Thread