Old 12-09-2009, 10:35 AM   #1  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Default Celebrating my sixth month anniversary!

Look for a similar thread every month until November 9th rolls around in 2010! Updated in backwards order.

7/9/2010 EIGHT months!
weight ~ 173.0 (-8.6); waist 30.5; 12's are too big, probably in 10's but haven't tried any.

I've doubled my weight loss for this month. Pretty cool. One of the biggest changes I've made is trying to eat early enough in the evening to take a long walk after dinner. I have noticed the biggest losses occur when I'm doing that. I can't believe how close I am to the one year mark and how much I've changed. I've lost sixty two pounds to date and feel great. I have so much more energy, more due to exercise than weight loss, I imagine.

6/9/2010 SEVEN months!
weight~ 181.6 (-4.4); HR 46; wasit 31.5; wearing 12's

This month has brought me some peace of mind. I have increased the exercise a ridiculous amount, finding myself at the gym 2-3 hours six days a week. Additionally, I'm staying active with my boys. The results? Continued slow weight loss...but holy cow, my body changes daily...DAILY. And, I've noticed something on these boards. There are so many threads discussing weight/height/size. I used to be on the high end of that wondering why at my height and weight I wasn't fitting into the tiny sizes other women reported. Well, now I am on the low end of that discussion and people have started asking me how on earth at my height and weight I'm fitting size 12's. Well, the answer is two-fold: 1. Vanity sizing. 2. Exercise...the scale lies and I finally get it!

Finally, each anniversary I take pictures of myself getting in a old Gap size 10 jeans. The first picture they are down below my knees. Today...they button and zip. I can't believe it. They're not pretty!! But I bet next anniversary I will be wearing them for real.

5/9/2010 SIX months! Six? Wow!
weight~ 186; BP~ 108/67; waist: 32.5; Wearing 14's

Not much in the way of weight loss this month. It's so slow going! But look at that blood pressure and I've lost 49 lbs to date! And with only a few pounds lost, my shape has changed. I've started running this month, currently beginning week 5 of C25K. And today, Mother's Day, what I most wanted was to take a five mile hike with the family, and so we did! My husband and I carried backpacks with water and lunch and we had a fantastic Mother's day! It was the most joyful I have ever felt. AND I was not winded upon returning to the car and really not tired at all. I can't believe I've been doing this for six months now, and yet, why not? It's not hard. The mind games are hard, but the life style is BEAUTIFUL! I feel amazing already. I can only imagine what the next six months are going to bring.

4/9/10 FIVE MONTHS!
weight~189.8; BP~ 124/67; waist: 33"; In a tight 14.

Wow, what a month! In the year's total thread, I had only lost 2.5 lbs for the entire month, but for THIS more important thread, I have lost NINE pounds!! Wonderful! It has been so slow. This month I joined a gym and have been spinning twice a week and have a PT now. But the real difference has been restricting carbs. I did that this week and have lost 5.5 pounds this week. Restricting carbs is hard for me and it does not yet feel sustainable, but we'll take things one day at a time.

3/9/10
weight~ 196.4
BP ~ 124/74
Fitting all 16's, some are big and 14's ARE possible!

This month has been a roller coaster! I have lost 7 lbs with a recent whoosh. I got stuck on 198.4 for 11 days. Weight loss is not linear at all! But each day that goes by gets easier and easier. There really is no on plan or off plan for me. It's just a matter of keeping sane with regards to the scale.

I am exercising 3 days, resting 1, then back to 3, etc. I rotate HIIT, weights, cardio, rest...

2/9/10
weight ~ 203.4
waist ~ 37 inches
BP ~ 135/85
Fitting most 16's...14's are a joke.

This month has been rough. I have only lost 3 lbs. I guess seeing that, I really can officially call this a plateau. Do you know how frustrating it is that 199 has been laughing at me for a whole month?! I added exercise this month and true to past history, it has totally stalled me out. "Expect a two week gain" they say. Ha! Two weeks. I'd love it to last just two weeks! This, folks, is the point I've never been able to get past before. But not this time! Because I have this thread...a thread I will update for one year!

I have been completely on plan this month and exercise has been fantastic. I love the endorphin rush afterwards. I started out walking about two miles, then added weights. Now I'm doing HIIT with 6 intervals. I'm hoping to increase that. I'm doing a lot of work with my exercise ball. I've joined a 100 push-ups challenge which is really, really hard! With breaks in between I'm up to 5,4,4,4,5 all on my toes with less sloppy form.

Despite my whining, I have seen changes in my body. Mostly the changes are in strength, which makes sense. I thought I had lost inches, but when I pulled out the tape measurer today it told me I was delusional. I've lost 1/2 inch here and there and a whole inch in my neck, which is pretty cool but other than that, not much.

1/9/10 ~ 206.4
Two months have now gone by since I started this journey. I really looked forward to updating this post. I wanted to cheat and do it yesterday, but I made myself wait until today.

I have lost 11.6 pounds this month. I am really pleased with my progress and am prepared for it to slow down. I hope to continue with an average of 7 pounds per month, so 11.6 will help sustain such an average.

This past month has been really difficult with all the holidays. I have learned that my body responds best when I eat more frequent meals. I have become a little less excited this past month as the newness wears off. This is a good thing as I settle into a routine and start thinking a little less about this. If I continue to obsess about weight loss for a full year, I will lose my mind! LOL!

This month I seem to have lost much of the weight from my chest. The first month I noticed a huge difference in my rear/hip/tummy. This month my pants have not changed much in size, but my chest has shrunk dramatically, and my calves have too. Both have been measured simply by trying on clothes, so it's not scientific at all.

I look forward to next month!

12/9/09~ 218
Instead of a set number I want to lose, I am trying to be more focused on the date I started. I have dieted and lost in the past, but I have learned that I am an all or nothing person. It wasn't enough that I had lost 30 lbs, I didn't make it to goal, so it didn't count! I have never done this for a year before, and that is my goal. I want to see where I will be if I make it through one year. Bring on the plateaus! I'm giving it a year!

So celebrate with me! I've been working at this for one month with 11 more to go! One month in...17 pounds down! Wahoo! (Oh wow...17 lbs in a month. I hadn't put that together before. That's pretty good.)

Last edited by Eliana; 07-09-2010 at 11:09 AM.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 10:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 282/257/when it feels right

Congratulations to you!! KUTGW
K-boogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Good for you Eliana!!! The first month is the hardest!
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:50 AM   #4  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliana View Post
(Oh wow...17 lbs in a month. I hadn't put that together before. That's pretty good.)
um, yeah! ha! that's fantastic! Congrats!!
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:00 PM   #5  
Calorie counter

Ha! Yeah, I dropped ten pounds that first week, so the other 7 have come off more slowly, which is good. So I hadn't done the math to see that wow, I've lost 17 pounds in just one month.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:09 PM   #6  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Woo hoo! Happy anniversary!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:49 PM   #7  
I ♥ Life!

S/C/G: 231/221/150

Height: 5'3"

Yay!!! Good for you!
Dulce Vida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 09:11 AM   #8  
Calorie counter

First post has been updated.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:30 AM   #9  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Updated indeed!!! How wonderful for you. 2 months and the last one being one of the most difficult of the calender year. You worked a healthy lifestyle into the holidays, making this a true life style change.

Congratulations on your progress, in all areas.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 12:17 PM   #10  
BELIEVE!

YAY!!! Keep it up!
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 01:20 PM   #11  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

What a great idea! Tracking time instead of a particular weight loss. The time spent doing the right things is the most important. We're doing this forever, right? Happy Anniversary!!
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 01:25 PM   #12  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Congrats!!
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 02:01 PM   #13  
Calorie counter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBreeze2010 View Post
What a great idea! Tracking time instead of a particular weight loss. The time spent doing the right things is the most important. We're doing this forever, right? Happy Anniversary!!
That's my big motivator right now, though I'm rather fond of all my mini goal too. I'm trying really hard to make it about the year's work rather than the number on the scale. I just have to keep going. I have to give it a year. Well, a lifetime really, but just like my goal of 100 pounds seem unattainable, so does a lifetime. So I broke it into a sort of mini goal. One year.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:38 PM   #14  
Living and Learning

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

Keep it up lady! Your whole family is doing great!
gumboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 05:42 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 255/144 and maintaining

Height: 5'9

Congrats to another month! I'm really excited for you!!
jkinboston89 is offline   Reply With Quote