South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 06:34 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Whee! It's Wednesday!

And Whew too that the tub guys have started. We are under a winter storm watch (along with half of the northeast) but these are tough country lads and I expect them to be here.

I need to crank things up into a higher gear today to get Christmas gifts wrapped and mailed. I have an appointment for my H1N1 shot at noon just before pet therapy and hope to take things to the Post Office when I'm out.
With ten inches of snow predicted, I may not GET out.

Book Club was great last night. I think having a glass of wine really loosened up some of our members. The next book we are reading is Heat - all about chefs and food. Not a great choice for over the food fest season!

Time to crank up my day. I need to get coffee and muffins ready for Rob and Jason, my new best friends! They moved the treadmill out of the bathroom and into the old sewingroom and I want to give it a trial run this morning. I doubt that gym will make it onto today's schedule.

Hope your Wednesday is a good one!
Old 12-09-2009, 06:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Ruth! YAY for the tub, it's about time!

I was going to go on the treadmill myself this morning (did the last 2 days), but school has been called off b/c of the snow. So, instead, I'm enjoying a few quiet moments with the DH and my cup of coffee. I'll have plenty of time later to go on the TM when the kids are home! I really don't do as well first thing either (not as much water/food???), so I think I'll do better later. Unfortunately, early is necessary most days!

Glad to see you chickies!
Old 12-09-2009, 06:53 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning, everybody!

Ruth, hurray for the bath guys finally showing up! It sounds all snug and cozy in your home, with the aroma of muffins in the air and all that snow outside. Enjoy your day, and be extra careful driving around!

Twynn, you're getting snow and we're getting rain from this storm. No snow day here! Enjoy your quiet time with your DH before the day gets started!

It was nice to lay in bed this morning and listen to the rain slashing against the windows. I had to force myself to get up, but it sure would be nice to just stay in bed and read and nap the day away. Ah, well, duty calls!
Old 12-09-2009, 06:56 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Hi Ruth Sounds like a busy and productive day. Your word last week was priorities. I'll second that. The new book sounds interesting! I'm wondering how long the lads will take on your project.

Twynn, good job on securing a day off. School was cancelled here yesterday. The kids were sooo happy! Quiet moments sound much better than the treadmill this AM. I'll bet the kids and pup will have fun outside today.

Hi Cottage-rain in December brings back memories of Alaska. Bed and a book sounds wonderful...but duty calls. Onward and upward! Have a great day!

Me, feeling much better....especially since the furnace guy came an hour after we called. It's zero right now, and a night w/o heat was not sounding fun. I've been up putzing around. I redid my closet yesterday and it's got me in an organizational mood. I have WW hot dog and hb buns rising and a sf cherry pie on deck. There's nothing like a couple of down days to get one into the spirit of "doing". I'll probably get to the pool today when I get out to do my chores in town. What else? I'm sure something else will come up.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-09-2009, 07:04 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning from the snowy northeast It's a snow day/WFH day for me today.

Ruth - Hooray for the tub guys! Hope you get some snow out of this storm but not too much.

Twynn - Enjoy those moments of quiet I can't get enthused about morning workouts either.

Cottage - Sorry about all the rain but it is a pretty nasty storm. Hope you get a nice, gentle snow fall soon.

Debbie - Glad you are feeling better and up and at it Don't overdo it just because you can. that pie sounds great

The down side to a snow day is the not sleeping in. So unfair that I have to get up to discover I could have slept in. Ah well. It will be a usual WFH day - apple drying, bean cooking and bread baking while working on a newsletter, some reports and some calls. I might get out to play a little but not if it starts icing.

I'm still struggling with food stuff. I kept myself off grains yesterday but only made it through by eating more allowed foods than I needed to. I know eventually I will get a handle on this but it's so frustrating! Maintenance is a whole lot of work!!

Hope that wherever you are you have a safe, warm day
Old 12-09-2009, 07:09 AM   #6  
Be happy.

Good morning!

It's snowing hard here too, I'm waiting to find out if the doctor's offices are opening on time this morning. My parents make all their appointments for 'first thing in the morning' so they won't have to wait.... I keep phoning the 2 offices but so far no one is answering and there are no new messages on either answering machine. I'm not too worried about the drive, my Durango is great and there won't be many on the roads because all the schools and lots of businesses are already canceled but I hate the thought of dragging my folks out in this weather for nothing.

No school in Maine today so I'm pleased about that. I spent yesterday trying not to wonder how things were going in my classroom.

Ruth and Twynn, I'm missing my treadmill. Enjoy yours today!
Debbie, you are ambitious. I wish I could come live at your house..... you're always making something yummy and SBD friendly!
Cottage, I'm sorry you couldn't stay in bed today, rain makes me feel that way too. lol At least you won't be doing any shoveling today!

Have a great day ladies!

ETA Good morning Cyndi - how much snow is headed your way? I'm very glad to be here with my mom and dad this week, but I have to admit I'm anxious to get home and dust off my snowshoes! I keep checking online to see what the new projected totals are for the western mountains of Maine.

Last edited by Heidi58; 12-09-2009 at 07:13 AM.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:22 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Heidi. We are still in the 5-10 so I guess it depends on the temps. I'd prefer more snow to ice. Wish you were closer I'd love to have someone to snowshoe with! Have a safe day with your parents.

ETA - I did wait the two hours yesterday and get my snow tires on! So glad my tiny little car has good tires now.

Last edited by CyndiM; 12-09-2009 at 07:24 AM.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:31 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cyndi, I'm glad you were able to get your tires yesterday. I was wondering about that. I hope all your weather remains as all snow and no ice! That's what I was concerned with today, but it's supposed to be somewhat mild (40s), thank goodness!

Heidi, I hope your dad is doing OK. Be careful driving to the dr.'s this morning.

Debbie, I'm glad you are feeling better. It was good thing that the furnace guys got out there quickly!
Old 12-09-2009, 07:47 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

There was a beautiful snow piling up when we went to bed last night, but this morning just rain and yuckiness. The kids were devastated as they expected to wake up to a winter wonderland and no school. Too bad, so sad!
No walk this morning, so I guess I'll dust off one of my Leslie Sansone DVDs.

Cyndi, enjoy your WFH day! You are a champion maintainer, by the way.
Ruth, so glad you are getting your tub finally!
Heidi, be safe in that snow! As a Mainer I know you are up to it. When we lived in Maine, I noticed pretty much nothing shut down for snow.
Lexxis, you sound very perky. Glad to hear you are feeling better.
cottage, I admit, I did lay in bed for a bit and read my book. DH was up with the kids, so I could be lazy.
Twynn, your quiet time sounds much more relaxing than the dreadmill.

Happy Hump Day All!
Old 12-09-2009, 07:55 AM   #10  
Visualizing the Goal

Ruth, so glad to hear the tub work is started! How long will it take?

Twynn, good luck getting treadmill time this afternoon!

Linda, I think we should declare a nap/read day. Unfortunately, I don't think I can fit it in my schedule for several weeks.

Debbie, when you finish your closets, will you come do mine? I have to go through the kids clothes and put away the too-small stuff (didn't I *just* do that?) and I really don't feel like doing it.

Cyndi, hoping today shapes up better eating-wise. It's always harder for me when I'm home all day. I have to put hours on the kitchen!

Heidi, drive safely with your parents and I hope the docs are open so they can get to the appointments.

Schmoo, I haven't done a Leslie Sansone DVD in ages. I need to get one out. That girl cracks me up.

I was a busy bee this morning. I cleaned up the house, which took two and a half hours (how did it get SO messy?) and then I dusted, swept, mopped, and vacuumed everything. I didn't get to do Monday's chores (the third floor) because I was at MOPS, so that got added into today's list and then I also did Thursday's chores (ground floor) in addition to today's (second floor) so I could have time to go to exercise classes tomorrow. Now everything is sparkly clean and I am all worn out! I already practiced my flute and it's by the door so I don't forget to take it to church tonight (which is something I so would do!). I made a double batch of the pumpkin black bean soup that Laurie posted to take to the Advent supper before service. Hope it's good! I have to pick up scallions and feta on the way there because I don't have time to go now.

Connor's home and is done his homework and violin. He just needs to do his math. We have to go pick up the girls in a bit and then it will be math for Kadyn (she finished reading and violin before school - good girl!), a workout for me, and lunch for all before we head out to Connor's first basketball practice! He asked to play this year, so we'll see how it goes. Our previous attempts at organized sports teams have not been good (he just stands in the middle of the field in soccer because he doesn't feel like running...). I've got my fingers crossed. Tom will take the kids from basketball to the Cub Scout pack meeting because I have to play for the duration of the service tonight and I doubt my five and three year olds would sit quietly in the pew and watch me. They're good girls, but not THAT good.

Better go collect the munchkins from Kindergarten.

Last edited by tomandkara; 12-09-2009 at 07:56 AM.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:56 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

OK - Pet Therapy is cancelled as the clients can't get to the clinic. Now I'll cancel my H1N1 shot, go down to the store for some stuff, put the car back in the barn and then hunker down for the day. I'm crossing my fingers that the power stays on.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:10 AM   #12  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Another run-by! HIIIIIIIII! And yes, I can say it now that all the West Coast people have seen it (if you missed it, I apologize.) DANNY WINS!!!!!!! Yesssss!!!!!! Danny was my favorite from the beginning and he WON! I can't believe he beat Rudy! It was AMAZING!!!!

Ok enough of Biggest Loser.

FINALLY saw the scale move. Not much, but it moved, and in the right direction, so that's helpful.

Gotta go in a little early today because I'm taking a long lunch tomorrow to meet with my Mary Kay Director. I need to get back into it. The money is just too good!

Hoping the roads aren't slick. Lots of rain yesterday and cold overnight. Going to be a wintery mix today and COLD. Brrrrr. Hope everyone has a great day!

Lisa
Old 12-09-2009, 08:21 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 203/197/145

Good Morning Everyone!

It is still snowing here but we didn't get as much as was predicted. 5-10cm. School buses are still running at this point. HOWEVER it is suppose to rain this afternoon. They are forecasting another 10-15 cm of snow coming tomorrow. Winter has finally arrived.

My day turned out ok for me yesterday. I ate on program and worked out at the gym. Today I had some clients cancel their appointment due to the pending weather so I am working at home today. I have some reports to review and summarize for a meeting on Tuesday, I'll get a head start! Planning to pull out a Boot camp DVD for this afternoon, I don't think I'll drive the 30 minutes to go the gym, in the snow!

Personals Later!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-09-2009, 08:26 AM   #14  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good Morning Chicks. Happy Wedensday. We are just waiting for the storm to arrive here as well. They are calling for 20cm of snow and then possilby rain. It is not going to start to later on this afternoon or tonight. So the kiddos are already hopping for a snow day tomorrow. So I am going to be totally organized, as the school kids will be here which makes for a busier, nosier day. Plus usually if I am all organized then we ended up with school. I hate snow days. Well I guess we will have to see how it plays out.

Ruth- Drive safe and enjoy your day. Glad to hear the tub guys are there and I hope your power stays on.

Twynn- hope you have a great day.

Cottage- drive safely in the nasty weather. I love listening to the rain against the windows. Hope you have a great day.

Lexxiss- glad you got the furnace fixed.

Cyndi- you will get the hang of maintance.

Heidi- Drive safe to the Dr's, and have fun with those snow shoes. I would like to try snow shoeing. I think it would be fun and great exercise.

Schmoodle- I am hoping the same will happen here and there will be school tomorrow. But it is so sad to see their faces in the morning when they are so pumped that there will be no school.

Kara- You are such a busy girl. Good luck tonight you will do great.

Lisa- I was happy Danny won as well, he looks great. I hope he keeps it off. Glad the scale is moving. Drive Safe.

Me- going to try to do some baking today and a little laundry and tonight I am going to wrap presents. I think.. lol. Well got to dash and make a quick call. Have a great day and I will try to pop back in later.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:47 AM   #15  
Visualizing the Goal

Ruth, I'm sending stay-on-power vibes your way!

Lisa, hope your scale had a little conversation with mine. Those mystery three pounds are gone, but it's stuck at 136.

Karyn, have a fun workout at home! Glad to hear your day went well yesterday!!!

LC, you reminded me that I need to get presents out and wrapped. Have fun!

I am off to exercise. The kids are behaving so we'll see if that holds up...
Closed Thread