Old 12-01-2009, 07:53 AM   #1  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Default 30 Somethings December Chat

Another smart chick on our boards suggested that we do a monthly chat versus a daily chat. I thought maybe we could try it - what do you think? I guess since we don't have a ton of participation, it might be nice to be able to look back and catch up with everyone over the span of a few weeks on just one thread. If it get to long, we can always go back to a daily post.

Sound good?

Happy December 1st! My kids are chomping at the bit to get the tree up. We have a smallish house and 6 kids running around all day - I'm not anxious to figure out what to do with everything while the nativity and tree take up prime real estate. I can be rather a Scrooge with some of the holiday inconveniences.

Today is DH's day off. He normally does the laundry and takes the big kids somewhere like the library or the mall to get out of the house. I have been doing well getting in my a.m. workout but would like to squeeze in some weights somewhere soon.

How's everyone else today?
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:02 AM   #2  
Fiercely Determined Chick

S/C/G: 217/see ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

I'm doing OK today...really didn't want to get up and go to work this morning....

Back on track with my eating since I've been home. I just have to get through one more TDY (trip away from home) and then Christmas at my Grandma's house. She always tries to fill us up with casseroles and cookies...we're staying at a rental condo near her house, not at her house, so maybe that will help. (We rented condos so that my brother and I wouldn't overwhelm her with 6 of her great-grandkids at once: my 2 and his 4. ) Of couse 2 of his are teen-agers, but my 7 and 9 year old boys and his 4 year-old girl and 2 year old boy more than make up for it....
AFChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 07:12 PM   #3  

Hey there! I'm new to the board (just a few days) and I just started my weight loss journey yesterday.. I cant explain how excited I am to have found this board. I feel like now I can do this and am actually excited about losing weight! I am 36 and I am a single mom of a sweet daughter who is 12.... life is grand..I just need to lose weight and life will be wonderful!
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 07:50 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 248/248/190

Height: 6 ft

I might be a smart chick, but I am actually a dood.
sbinkerd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 12:00 PM   #5  

sbinkerd1,

Dudes are people too, so we won't hold it against you....

Hope everyone is doing well today. I have to go to my second (mandatory) this is how we lose weight in the AF class. I have yet to hear anything new...oh, well, I have to play the game right? In any case, I'm losing the weight for me and my health. Keeping my job is just a bonus, right?
Old 12-02-2009, 03:40 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 284.6/283.2/165

Height: 5'9

Hi ladies! I haven't posted in the 30 something thread before.. I am in my 30's though I feel like I am still in my 20's

I can't believe we are only a few weeks away from Christmas! Has anyone besides myself not starting shopping yet? ugh.. I do this every year, hate it and say next year I will start early. But I never do.. LOL
mtloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 05:39 PM   #7  
This means war...

S/C/G: 277/237/199

Height: 5'2"

I have not bought a single christmas pressie yet.

Welcome to the newbies!

I've been super busy, getting ready to leave for Orlando on Friday, I'm there till wednesday then I fly all the way to Fairbanks Alaska (in one day) and have class on thursday and two finals on friday and then, THEN I'll be able to breathe again.
Mango30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 06:34 PM   #8  
Less than 15 now!!

Oops! Spinkerd1 - sorry!! Thanks dood.

Leslielou - so glad to have you here. Our forum can be a little slow at times, but we are tight knit.

Mango - missed you, girl! I'm terrible at the whole Christmas thing -from the wrapping to the decorating. Gah - seems like such a waste of energy. I know, I know, Scrooge!! hope you get to have some fun in FL though it sounds like you will be busy.

AFChick - I can't imagine being told to lose weight or loose my job. You have a great attitude and sounds like you are keeping your sense of humor!

Today has been horrible. I have stayed on plan, but really want to eat everything in sight. It's been a stressful day. My daycare baby got his shots yesterday and has a terrible cold AND teething. So...fussy, drooly, snotty, explosive diapers, won't sleep. Then our 2yo has been biting her 7yo sister, stripping naked and pooping her now diaper (cuz she won't potty train). I'm telling ya if everyone could nap at the same time, just once...sigh.

I can't WAIT to get up and workout in the morning. 45min of nobody but me and the sound of my foot falls on the treadmill. PEACE!!
Old 12-02-2009, 08:37 PM   #9  
This means war...

S/C/G: 277/237/199

Height: 5'2"

MP, your almost in onderland! I bet by tomorrow or the next day I'll be reading your onderland post. Can't wait!
Mango30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:10 AM   #10  

Good morning everyone!

Mortonpixie...I feel for you...I was sooooo glad when my youngest was potty trained. My oldest took forever to potty train (he was almost 4!). Of course with boys, sometimes their bathrooms look like they haven't been trained at all..

Sounds like everyone has a plan to stay on track for the holidays. I'm keeping my fingers crossed....T-Day down, Christmas, anniversary, DH birthday, and New Year's to go...

Today is only a half day at work, so I get to do some extra workout this afternoon before the kids get home. I always feel so guilty working out in the evenings. I wait until they are asleep and then I'm exhausted the next day and can't get up early to work out in the morning, so again have to work out at night...a vicious cycle!

Anyway, happy Thursday! I'll quit rambling now...
Old 12-03-2009, 09:29 AM   #11  
Less than 15 now!!

AFChick - I hear ya, about the night exercising. DH works til 7:30, then the kiddos go to be from 8-9 (staggered by age) and by then I want to see DH!

My cell phone is my alarm clock and when it went off this morning I fell asleep with it in my hand for 10minutes. My am schedule is just like anyone else's even though I work from home. My DC kids start coming at 7:20 and if I don't get cracking on my workout, I might as well skip it.

So I skipped it. Now I feel like crap. My back is always worse when I skip my workout. Helps loosen it all up. I finally had an MRI and have a torn disc among some that are protruding. Thank goodness I finally said that PT and Chiro really wasn't working after months of it. They make me feel like I'm exaggerating the pain and NEVER want to come off of any good pain meds. Damn docs...hahaha!

Oh well, enough complaining out of me. Gotta go break up a fight in the other room...sigh...
Old 12-03-2009, 09:48 AM   #12  

MP: Hang in there! Do what makes you feel better...I agree about the dang doctors...I had wrist problems and it took them 2 years to tell me they couldn't figure it out...Now I just baby my wrist a bit and skip the unit-inflicted push-ups and I do fine.

I hear ya about the schedule. I think working with kids is the hardest, most important, and least appreciated job there is. I have the utmost respect for those who care for kids (stay at home moms and DC workers). I'm not sure I could keep up the pace required!
Old 12-03-2009, 11:18 AM   #13  

Height: 5'6"

Hey all you newbies! Wow, I am away for a couple of weeks and look at all the new faces.

Not buy Christmas early? Oh gosh.. I am usually done by now. I still have about 6 things to buy and it's driving me crazy because I can't find a day to go and finish up. My tree was up in early November.

Keeping kids... oh no.. I don't have the patience! ACK I tried to keep my sister's kids when they were little and that last about a week. My mom says my DD is so good she has me spoiled because she is such a good kid.

So I've been MIA action. Thanksgiving through me for a loop. I did ok until afterward and couldn't get back on track. I have finally got things under control again. I have a friend that is such a motivation to me. She is doing WW and working out and has lost 45 lbs. It's nice to have someone you can share the journey with.

Tonight is a Christmas parade that our church has a float in. DD and I are supposed to walk in the parade. It's supposed to be cold.. yuck, but at least I will get some exercise in.

That's if from me today. Ya'll have a great day.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 03:43 PM   #14  
Less than 15 now!!

squeak!!! I missed you! Glad you have some support 'in the real'. Is DD any better? Hope your FIL is still on the road to recovery. Glad you are "back on the wagon".
Old 12-03-2009, 09:28 PM   #15  
Wannabe Loser

S/C/G: 184/138/120

Height: Almost 5'2"

Hey ladies, I went away for a long time because I was just doing horrible I'm ready to try again, I hope you don't mind me joining back in!

After months of not caring and eating pretty much like crap I am on Day 2 of sticking to my meal plan and already I feel great
Bigknitter is offline   Reply With Quote