Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2002, 03:08 AM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Talking 300+ and Ready To Try Again... #256

WELCOME!!!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME!!!!
Old 12-21-2002, 04:07 AM   #2  

Red face Talking in my sleep... Zzzzzzz

It is almost 3am and I have no business being on this computer ... but here I sit anyway. I will try to keep it short ... but I want to respond to everyone I can remember.

Dollar... It is sooo good to see you again. I was just asking about you. I see you work at a nursing home. PLEASE be good to those poor people. My heart breaks every time I go see my mom in her nursing home. Dad was just put back in too ... but he is talking about leaving already. It is a longgggg story.
I am soooo sorry you have to work on Christmas Day. I hope you enjoy your Christmas Eve. Congratulations on all the weight you have lost.

Mary ... that was a nice picture of you and your Mom and brother. I hope her nursing home is better than my moms. They have messed up my mom's medications more times than I care to count. How old is your Mom?

Baylee... I remember Ma and Pa Kettle. They were quite funny. Don't you love to buy gifts when you know what you want. I have several that way this year. I am so excited to give them. Then there are the ones I am not sure about. Ugh.
I am so glad you are glad you joined the card exchange. I agree... it is so much more personal now.

Gypsy... You sound like where I was the last two days. HANG IN THERE ... this too shall pass. I was soooooo depressed the last two days ... so overwhelmed...but today I seem to be getting back to normal again. I know mine has to do something with my hormones. I wanted to eat everything too. THANK GOODNESS.. that has passed too.
It is soo hard to survive those days ... but we can do it. We have each other to lean on until it passes now. WE are not alone.

Kat... I have one word for you.... THONG ?????
I think I missed something very interesting in chat one night.
You know what they say.... "a picture is worth a thousand words"....

Lucky.... Let me think on those movies... I LOVE movies.
Off the top of my head... I would recommend " A Knights Tale" "Parent Trap" ..darn.. I just can't think right now. There was one with Tim Allen... I can't think of the name of it. Let me ask my daughters Saturday. It got low ratings ... but I thought it was better than I expected. My husband liked it too.

Susie... I never got a card from you....
Duckie... yours never came either.
Tina.. I got yours today. You take such good pictures.. and your youngest son was just adorable. I have pictures of my husband as a child and posing with his chest held proud too. It was so cute. I am going to make my family take family photos Christmas Day.

Who would have thought... a bunch of overweight women... "wanting" their picture taken. Ladies.... we have come a longggggg ways !!!!

Okay.. I have got to get out of here. Sorry if I missed anyone. I try to get everyone who posted since I last posted. Hopefully I will be able to join in chat... then maybe I can know about that "thong" story.
Old 12-21-2002, 07:46 AM   #3  
Going All The Weigh

Good morning ladies! I woke up this morning feeling pretty darn good. I dont have much time to check in this morning. But I'll be back. Hope everyone is feeling good.
Old 12-21-2002, 08:21 AM   #4  
a work in progress...

Good Morning chickies!

I have no time to be posting, but here I am anyway! Well, a girl needs her coffee in the morning, doesn't she? Of course. So...on to business...

Gypsy, I was going to give you a little pep talk...We're good at them, arent we girls? But I see you're feeing better today, so I'll give you the abridged version, here goes... Every day is not going to be all peaches and cream, so just ride it out. and try and get through the day, because once it it over, IT'S OVER! You have a fresh new start every morning, don't beat yourself up over a bad day. Move on. oh yeah...one more thing...{{{{{HUG}}}} We've all been there!

Lucky...Okay, here's my list of movies for you and the gang...I thought a Christmas theme would be nice, so here are my favorites...Scrooged with Bill Murray...so funny, we watch this all year long, The Santa Clause, love it! (#2, still in the movies, is not as good), Home Alone, (I never saw #s 2 and 3, but the first one is hysterical. ) How the Grinch Stole Christmas, I'm partial to the original, but the Jim Carrey version is good and may appeal more to the teenagers...maybe...who knows with teenagers? A Charlie Brown Christmas you just can't go wrong with this one! And of course, for the good, old fashioned schmaltz factor, you can't beat, It's a Wonderful Life. They all groan and scatter when I put this on or happen upon it on TBS, one of the zillion times it's shown...but I love it and cry every time!

Well that was fun, but now I really have to get moving...Tina, I hope your card arrives today...I'm hearing good things but havent' gotten one yet! We did take a picture for Christmas this year, but it's still in the camera, so when it's developed, I'll get it out to you girls.

Are we chatting tonight??? Let's get a big crowd if we can, it's so much fun! And SO revealing! You learn all kinds of things about each other...things that don't come out on the boards! Guess what? Dh asked me if we were chatting Saturday night! I think he enjoyed himself hanging out with "the girls!"

Gotta run...final push for shopping today...whatever I don't get done, isn't getting done. I think. Anyway, I'll see you all later!
Old 12-21-2002, 08:25 AM   #5  
Going All The Weigh

Kat, thanks for the semi pep talk. Trust me, I need all that I can get. Yeah I am feeling somewhat better, just hanging on trying to ride the holidays out.
Old 12-21-2002, 08:25 AM   #6  
a work in progress...

Sometimes that's all you can do, darlin'! Hang in there!
Old 12-21-2002, 08:49 AM   #7  
You and Me in 2003

2cute that is my husband not my brother. My brother won't even ask how mother is much less go see her. I'll try to be in chat tonight.
Old 12-21-2002, 08:52 AM   #8  
Going All The Weigh

Hey, didnt mean to but in, but is there a chat tonight? I'm still learning the routine. And where is it?
Old 12-21-2002, 10:53 AM   #9  

Angry Hiya Chickies!

Who was it that said they felt like a chicken running around with its head cut off?! That describes me to a "T" in the last couple of days! The Christmas rush was in full force but it's slowed down a bit. Today a few of our friends are dropping by to chat and exchange gifts... should be nice!

Okay. Giving you fair warning now. As of Monday morning, hubby and I will be away for almost a week at our parents' houses in Montreal. They DO have an internet connection but I don't think I'll get on too much... it's gonna be crazy there! I'm SO excited to see my sister from Calgary and her 2 year old... haven't seen them in eight months!

Hmmm... amidst all the running around in the last few days, I DID get to relax for a couple of hours yesterday. I finally used that gift certificate for a spa manicure and pedicure that my hubby gave me for our anniversary in October! Ohh... it was NICE! I don't if hubby should have exposed me to that kind of pampering but now... I CRAVE it!

Baylee: I just wanted to let you know that you and your brother are in my thoughts! Sending you some positive vibes! Having serious illnesses in the family can be so emotional and exhausting, especially at this time of the year. Let us know if you hear anything else about his condition, kay?

Kat: I was confused about the "thong incident" too and thought I must have missed reading something. I wasn't going to admit to it but now that 2Cute has... WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT?! If you are circulating pics of your hubby in a thong... well, it's just not right... to keep them from me!

Okay. I'm gonna prepare some trays of "goodies" for the guest we're having today. "Goodies" in this house means fruit platters, etc. with strawberries, pineapples, grapes, etc. The CRAZY part is, those things really DO seem liike goodies to me now!

Oh yeah! The scale was kind to me this morning. Crazy thing is... I might actually make it to 160 by Christmas! Woohoo!

Sara
270/162/150
Old 12-21-2002, 11:02 AM   #10  

My sister and BIL will be here today...don't know if I can make chat or not. If I can I will be here...6PM Central time. (tell the Thong Man)

Otherwise this week will be sporadic posting from me..... Quit celebrating!!!!

Back later....
Old 12-21-2002, 11:45 AM   #11  
a work in progress...

"Thong Man" can be seen at the my family site...check him out under "file cabinet." Thanks, Lucky!

Yeah...that's right...he's my man!
Old 12-21-2002, 11:54 AM   #12  

I am soooo MAD !!!!!!
I just wrote one of the longgggggggest posts ever... individual posts to everyone..... and I got kicked off.
NOw I have NO TIME LEFT.... Grrrrr
I have to go... I have been on here for over an hour !!!!

Maybe tonight I can do it AGAIN. But no promises.
Just know I love you all.
And Baylee... a couple more movies.... "Joe Somebody" was that Tim Allen movie. I LOVED "The Rookie" and my daughter loved "My Dog Skip".
YOu may want more Christmas themed movies... like Kat listed.
I have never seen any of them... except "Home Alone" (and it is a hoot)... and "It's a Wonderful Life"... (but it is too slow for a large group of my family.) LOL. Oh yes... "Christmas Vacation" with Chevy Chase. I just may check some of Kat's out myself... it is suppose to be cold and snowy here ... so bring on the movies.
Old 12-21-2002, 02:11 PM   #13  
Going All The Weigh

I'm babysitting today so I really dont have alot of time to chat on the board. I'll be back when I can. I'll see you all soon.
Old 12-21-2002, 06:01 PM   #14  
Progress..not perfection

Hello all my lovelies.......how are you? Just running in to make a quick post and running back out! I hate to say it, but food has only been so-so this week. And I am ashamed to say, I know why. Listen to this crap. When I went to my WI on Tuesday, the leader said, "Now don't forget, we won't be having a meeting here next Tuesday because they are laying new carpet down..........since you can't attend, (although she told us that we could go to a meeting in another town) (closest one-35 miles away for me ) you won't be charged for the meeting, and just come back the Tuesday after Christmas." WELL......that was just like a bullet in my brain saying.......hmmm, so, I don't have to go to WI for two weeks........so I can afford to splurge for a couple of days and then get back on track in time to have a loss." That kind of thinking makes me so mad I can't stand it! I HATE THIS STINKIN THINKIN!!!!! But isn't it just like me (or us) to think that way? The last two days I have been horrendous. I won't even discuss it, but to put it in a nutshell, I went to bed eating BBQ smoked sausages and woke up with a taste of sour cream and onion chips in my mouth. HOWEVER, I'm not gonna freak out about it. I'm going to take it for what it is and go on about my life. I think the part that really bugs me is that just a couple of threads ago, I'm rambling on about how food will never rule my life again and last night.............where the was that strong voice and my at?!!!!! I am getting back on track my very next meal and will get this damage in control! That is an order!

Ok.......geez, rambling again, huh? I guess that's what you guys are here for, huh? I can't chat tonight. I've got some friends coming over and we're all loading up in the ol' car and going Christmas light looking. Have a lovely night and know I love you all.

P.S. I don't think I have properly welcomed Keltic_Gypsy to the board and I apologize for that. You seem to already have a presence on the board and that is wonderful...........just stay with us. We can do this thing together. If you haven't already guessed, you amongst some amazing, beautiful women........no matter what size we are.

Also, Kat.........what the heck is this THONG thing about?! Dish girl!!
Old 12-21-2002, 08:44 PM   #15  
I'm on my way!

Just peeking in to say hi!! I got Tina's card today...your family is so beautiful!! And I have to say Tina you have the most beautiful handwriting I have ever seen!!

Sara have fun visiting your family! I am leaving Monday night after work for Rhode Island and will be back Christmas night. I have to work thursday so its a quick trip!

Anyhows.....I gotta get my gifts wrapped, clean out the car, use carpet and upholestry cleaner in the car from Andrew's sippy cups leaking, can you say P>U!! then pack our bags, finish up the laundry and clean this house! When we get back that Friday my sister and brother in law will be coming from Rhode Island to babysit for us on Saturday. We have a wedding to go to. I still have to go shopping for an outfit to wear to that...fun fun! I'll hit the after Christmas sales. We just got back from getting John a new suit to wear and I am exhausted!

I'll catch you all tomorrow...have a great night...and would someone PM me the addy to the chat site...my mind is blank right now!

TTFN Michelle
Closed Thread