Old 12-01-2009, 09:59 AM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default CHRISTIAN ENCOURAGERS ~ December

You've found a great place to come and vent, share, or ask for prayer support. This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring, and loving....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servent's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvellous are your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.

We accept new members here daily! JOIN US!

Last edited by EZMONEY; 12-01-2009 at 10:31 AM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:28 AM   #2  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI GALS ~

Well Angie and I still have leftover turkey and ham from Thanksgiving but have killed off most everything else I think we will be eating turkey until June. We weren't sure how the dinner was going to go at church since it was the first one that was held for the Marines, so Angie and I wanted to make sure we had turkey here for the boys to snack on when they came back here for the afternoon, since it was lunch at church. Plus we thought they may want to take some sandwiches back to base...nope! They were so full they didn't want to see anything "THANKSGIVING!"....

We had Thanksgiving at my brother's on Saturday. All the immediate family was there except step-daughter in New York, knucklehead nephew in Virginia and Angie was up at her mom's. We still had 20 or so, Angie snuck in at the last minute for dessert

I am healing very well with this hernia now, still sore in a few spots. I was able to go for 3 miles yesterday without much discomfort. I missed my doctors appointment though yesterday I live about 10 minutes away, went out to my truck 45 minutes before my appointment....dead battery I just drove it the day before with no problem, it had never died before....it was too late to call a cab and all of my neighbors were gone so no one here to jump me. I will go in tomorrow morning.

SCOOTER ~ Caught up yet?

HEIDI ~ Quit with the kids gone?

KAREN ~ Getting cold there yet?

WILMA ~How's DH healing?

RONNI ~ My you were busy over Thanksgiving with all that family!

PINKFLAMINGO ~ My only advice for you, feeling disconnected a bit from God, is to just go and do what He asks us too. Stay in His WORD, participate in church activities, look for those in need of the "gifts" of time and talent that God has given you and share them

ROSEBUD ~ I will have to check in to that Thomas Kinkade book. I am reading the new Guideposts Joys Of Christmas 2009 right now. It is one of those magazines that has a lot of short stories, memories, recipes and crafts for the seaSON

I know we are missing several around here. I pray that all are just busy and will return soon
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello everyone! Can you believe how fast this year has gone???? It seems like we just got moved to MO and and it has already been 6 months that we have lived here! WOW!! Need to get busy and get a good routine going so I will feel good about getting in the pool this spring! MAYBE!!!

Gary, I still have geraniums that have blooms out on the patio! NO THEY AREN'T PLASTIC! I am really surprised. But they are talking maybe rain mixed with some snow either tonight or tomorrow. No accumulation though. I am really glad that we won't have to shovel snow this year...
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:50 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

December 1st!! Yeesh, time flies! I have been kind of insane the past few weeks with school and work - still am a little bit but had a nice relaxing weekend at my parents' place in PA.

Mostly I am doing well, just trying to tie together some loose ends and pick up things that were left neglected when I was in the throes of paper-writing and mourning my break-up.

Gary, I am glad you're healing well! Continued prayers for your full recovery.

Karen, I love your picture of the pets with Santa. =)

Hello to everyone else and blessings to all!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:38 PM   #5  
Be happy.

Hello friends

We went to the funeral home this evening and the line was out the door and down the sidewalk. What an exhausting night for Linda's family, but she was so well loved that I'm not at all surprised by the large turnout. Please continue to pray for her family - the funeral is tomorrow morning.

Things aren't quite as quiet as expected tonight - my son is back. He came home for Linda's calling hours and doesn't have to be at work until 10 am tomorrow so he's staying over tonight.

Gary, I'm glad you're healing and feeling well - sorry about the truck though.

Karen, I have to go looking for the photo of your pets!

Hugs to everyone else - have a great evening, and may God bless each of you.
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:35 PM   #6  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HEIDI ~ just look at KAREN's avatar; her furry babies are sitting on Santa's lap ...

KAREN ~ yes, your avatar picture is adorable; sounds like you have many, many reasons why Missouri is a good place for you to be now. I hope you do get at least a little bit of snow for Christmas, but not too much that it is a burden. Yah, keep dreamin' about that gorgeous pool!

BACK, PINK ~ glad you found us again; saw the cute pics of your furry babies in the last thread and your MARVIANE looks just like my SWEETIE (who passed away some time back).

IRIS ~ nice to see you back here and so glad that you had a nice time home with your parents; and that you are moving forward in your life ...

Dearest BARGOO ~ you are in our thoughts and prayers right now -- may the good LORD wrap his lovin' arms around you and fill you overflowing with his perfect peace thru his blessed Holy Spirit for a restful healing sleep tonight ...

HI TO ALL OUR OTHER CE'ers out there -- hope you are having a good week too ... ROSEBUD
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 06:08 AM   #7  
Be happy.

Thanks, Rosebud - I saw the picture just after I posted. I guess I don't pay too much attention to avatars. I get used to recognizing people's posts by their signatures.... I need to work on my observation skills - or quit multi tasking while I'm posting.
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:14 AM   #8  

Good Morning! It is a gray cool day here today. They are saying that we may get rain mixed with some snow later tonight. But they said that yesterday too! Guess we'll just have to see. But the high temp is supposed to be about 45 degrees so it won't be much of a snow.

Tim went to the physical therapist yesterday and he brought home a exercise pully that fits ovver the door to use. The therapist said he needs to do these exercises 3 times a day-----any bets on that? I will be surprised if he gets it done twice a day. He always goes, listens to them and decides that he knows better!! Are all men like that????

Need to get busy this morning---Thanks for the compliments on the picture of Ginger and Sissy with Santa. That was a couple years ago..Need to get a new picture if Pet Smart has Santa again this year.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:52 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen31 View Post
He always goes, listens to them and decides that he knows better!! Are all men like that????
Yep - except for those like the ones in my family who won't set foot in a doctor's office until they're practically on their death bed!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 08:33 PM   #10  
Rosebud

KAREN ~ I hope your DH will do some of the exercises as my DH did them and they helped him a lot, only he did them at our hospital's therapy center, not at home. That way the therapist was there to watch and instruct him and to make sure they got done correctly. DH's therapist explained to him that the exercises are to strengthen certain muscles so he won't have so much pain in other muscles, and it really worked (DH was amazed). He was just so glad to not be in pain afterwards, that he was willing to do whatever the therapist said at that point, but it was explained it to him really well too.

Well, we got all our indoor decos done today; we have it down to only so many so it took us only just over an hour, but we put some Christmas music on that I picked up (some Pipe Carols) and we had a good time doing it together. Tomorrow, I need to get at my Christmas cards and gifts, so I can get them out too; that's the last thing I have to do until closer to Christmas time (I think) ...

I did my daily housechores in the AM, so I got some exercise in today with all the walking around doing the decos too. Had a good on plan day. Tonight was pasta night, so we had whole grain spagetti and meatballs.

Hope you all have a great day tomorrow ... ROSEBUD
Old 12-02-2009, 08:42 PM   #11  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

Last time I was here I didn't see this...

You've found a great place to come and vent, share, or ask for prayer support. This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring, and loving....anyone is welcome to join!

At 1st I didn't think this was the place for me. Right now I do not have a GREAT relationship with God. I want one. I think it is more the organized religion part that I have issues with. I do pray. I do believe. And I need an encouraging, caring and loving group to be a part of...so here I am!
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:53 PM   #12  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up

Hello everyone!

I have been reading a LOT of threads today - funny, the ones I really was encouraged by what they have written are right HERE! God is so AWESOME!

Well, I'm with you! God is in CONTROL of my life, I might as well figure that out right now!

So I won't make this long, just wanted to introduce myself!

See ya Lighter!
Kim
PrairieChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 05:40 PM   #13  

Here area few pictures that I ran across of my Mom and Dad MANY YEARS ago!! Just thought that it was neat and wanted to share.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:29 PM   #14  
New ME in 2010!

Funny (well not really) how people back then where all in great shape! RARELY did you see someone who was overweight like today...hmmmmmm

Thanks for shar'n the pictures Karen!
PrairieChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:04 PM   #15  
Rosebud

CATHY ~ glad you decided to join us here in our thread ... I think a lot of people can get hung up by the imperfection of the church structure (myself included but I'm getting better), but I think the thing we need to focus on most is that our Father GOD, in heaven -- loves us, and He sent His only son, JESUS CHRIST, to tell us about that love, and to be our shepherd and savior for all time; then Jesus sent God's Holy Spirit to teach us, comfort us, guide us, and empower us in our walk with Him. We are never alone -- Jesus is with us all the way!

HI KIM ~ yes, the way we live and eat has changed over the years, hasn't it? I don't recall very many overweight children when I was in public school either and I am only 51 y/y. Hopefully, with a new awareness and GOD's help, we can do something about that ...

KAREN ~ thanks for sharing the pics; it's fun to look back through old family photos and see what our parents and grandparents look like. My Dad gave me an album with pics of my great and great-great grandmothers, and boy, I know exactly where my looks came from now. I'm sure that is why he gave them to me.

Spent the afternoon working on my Christmas cards; still got lots to do -- too many interruptions, but I still have lots of time left. I decided to work on the out-of-towners first becuz the local ones can get there in a couple of days.

Gee, I didn't realize it was Thursday today; usually like to go uptown and try to avoid the Friday rushes. It was colder here today and we had a winds which made it seem even colder. Hope you all have a fabulous Friday tomorrow ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 12-03-2009 at 08:10 PM.