Old 12-02-2009, 03:03 AM   #1  

Default Hi! I'm New!

Hi everyone!

I'm new (well actually, I visited this board almost a year ago, then dropped out) and can't wait to start taking my weight loss seriously again.

I'm 32 and weigh 280. I want to get down to a healthy weight (once upon a time, I was 122 and it was a perfect weight for my frame). I have a 2 year old and would like to get pregnant sometime in 2010, so I'm ready to get to work!

I'll post my full bio in the bio section, but in the meantime, I just wanted to say hi!
encelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:20 AM   #2  
One day at a time....

S/C/G: 288/234/199

Height: 5'5''

Hey girl! ....Good Luck and come back often
srr728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 140/125

Height: 5'1"

Hello, I'm new as well. I found this site from doing research on some exercise videos I was interested in. I will post a bio today.
Cinnamon45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:25 AM   #4  

hey encelia and cinnamon! I am new too...just joined the day after Thanksgiving....and just started my weight loss journey this past Monday....we can do this!
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:36 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 177/177/130

Height: 5'1

I am new too :-) Well I have lurked on and off over the years but never really posted. I decided to sign up again and start posting. I am 30 years old and am recently married. I am trying to be healthier especially for when we have kids which will be in a couple years.
Manny2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 08:58 AM   #6  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

To all of you newbies!!

I lost weight with this sight as a prim ally several years ago. After having our 3rd and 4th children in less than 2 years, I am back and working again. This site is a wonderful wealth of info and the support can't be beat!

I look forward to hearing about all of your victories and struggles on our chat thread and all supporting each other!
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:50 AM   #7  
Fiercely Determined Chick

S/C/G: 217/see ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

Welcome! I'm relatively new as well...only about 1 month. Look forward to hearing about your goals and successes!
AFChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 12:02 PM   #8  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 214/144/160

Height: 5"8

Welcome! I'm very glad you decided to come back and good luck, I'm sure you will be very successful! I am pretty new here, but (as you know) this has proven to be a huge part of the success I've had thus far...I'm here every day and it's great motivation!
ThicknPretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:24 PM   #9  

Height: 5'9

Hi. I am new here too but still wanted to welcome you. I was in the same situation as you when I first joined almost two years ago. I had a 2 yr old girl at the time and wanting to lose a lot of weight before trying for number two but that's not how it worked out because I got pregnant that month of first joining 3FC and now have a 13 month old little boy. So now I am back here hoping I will get the motivation I need to lose weight.
vanessa761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:08 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5"4

Welcome!!! I am new here too. This site is very helpful, hope to see more posts.
kaylasmom010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 01:22 PM   #11  
Loosing Baby Fat

S/C/G: 203/179/155

Height: 5ft6in

There are quite of a few us 'newbies'!! Welcome to every one!
Close2MyHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 03:48 PM   #12  
hollster/holly/hollyday:)

S/C/G: 214/203/170

Height: 5'5"

Hi, everyone! I just joined, too. I posted some introductory information in the "Introductions" forum, but I'll paste, here, so you don't have to click around!

I'm 34 years old, mother to a 4-month-old girl, wife to a mad scientist, and caretaker of two, beautiful Shetland Sheepdogs. I currently write grants for a living.

----------------------------

I am 4 months post partum and I'd like to lose the rest of my baby weight and then some! I was 195 pounds when I got pregnant last December, 248 pounds at the end of my pregnancy, 214 pounds 8 weeks post partum, and now I'm 203 pounds. My goal weight is 170 pounds which would put me at a BMI of 28 and in a US dress size 8 to 10. I feel healthy and slim at that weight, although it may seem like a large number to some.

I've battled my weight all my life. Even when I was thin I never thought I was. I was a cheerleader in high school and I weighed 130 pounds at the time and wore the smallest-waisted uniform of all the girls, yet still weighed the most. Pretty early on in life I learned that I simply weighed more than most people who looked to be about my size. My Mom mercilessly teased and yelled at me about my weight (apparently she wanted a thin daughter), which didn't help, either. Every single doctor I've ever gone to has given me a weight loss lecture. So you could say I'm a bit sensitive when it comes to conversations about weight loss.

In spite of these obstacles, I'd really like to maintain a healthy and happy weight for me.

I'm definitely feeling a bit daunted by the task ahead of me, especially since I know I lose weight so slowly. However, I have lost weight in the past, and I can do it again. This time, however, I want the weight loss to be permanent!

Today marks the first entry on my homemade food diary. I am uploading my .doc template just in case anyone's curious or wants an easy, printable diary. And, of course, if you have any suggestions for how I can improve my diary, let me know! I am thinking that, at some point, I should add in a place for exercise (i.e. I can subtract calories burned from my calories eaten) since I plan to run (jog/gasp my way through) a 5K in a few months and my body will require more than 1500 calories in order to keep up with the training.

I'm not sure my goal, 1500 calories a day or less, is realistic. I'm worried that I actually need to eat fewer calories in order to see any difference on the scale. However, I'm going to start at 1500 and see what happens. Maybe my post-baby body will surprise me?
Attached Files
File Type: doc Food Diary.doc (91.5 KB, 1 views)
holls is offline   Reply With Quote