General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-21-2009, 06:16 PM   #1  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

Default Have You Used a Teeth Whitening Product ?

Just wondering... Have you used a teeth whitening product ?
If so, which one... My concern is in the past I've used 'whitening' tooth paste and after a month or so the pain when I opened my mouth was horrible (no jokes please LOL) I think I was stripping the enamel or something... very painful...
Is it worth it? or should I just save my pennies and got to the dentist for the 'real' thing ? I frequently see ads for 'professional' whitening for $250...
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 06:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I've only used the whitening toothpaste which works well for me, but those I've heard from say the whitening strips work good. It looks liek they work good! I haven't heard anything about problems with pain or anything... don't worry, I won't throw you any jokes
bensempress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 06:46 PM   #3  

Height: 5'11"

I use a tooth-whitening paste and I think it must do a good job because my hygenist always comments on how nice they look. I think it looks pretty natural; it's not the blindingly-white fakey-bleached look. I've been using this toothpaste for several years and my teeth don't hurt. I've heard that the peroxide tooth whiteners can make your teeth hurt.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 04:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

I've used whitening toothpastes, the Listerine whitening pre-brush rinse, and some weird stuff that you paint on your teeth at night. None of them did anything that I found noticeable.

I don't normally have sensitive teeth. But I tried Crest Whitestrips, and after 2 days my teeth hurt every time I ate something, regardless of temperature, and after 2 more days they often hurt when there wasn't anything in my mouth at all. I gave up. But because of this, I talked to people about it a lot, and it turns out I'm the ONLY person I've ever found who had a problem. So, regardless of my experience, I think they're pretty safe to use, and a lot of people love the results they've seen from them!
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 08:20 PM   #5  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

I've only used the tooth paste, but i have found that an electric tooth brush helps whiten them too. They can be expensive, i guess around half the price of the professional whitening, and arent as quick to get results, but on the other hand they maintain it as well, as long as you keep using it
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 08:27 PM   #6  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

I used the Crest Whitestrips Premium, they are the twice a day for 30 minutes, for 7 days system.

I had slight sensitivity with my teeth, but it was very minor for me. I liked the whitening results very much. I timed it near summer when I had a little more color on my skin (slight tanning and lots of tanning lotion) and the contrast looked good in pictures when I was smiling.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:38 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 244/244/180

Height: 5'11"

I've also used the Crest Whitestripes and like them a lot. I asked my dentist before I tried them and he said they were completely safe to use.

If you find that sensitivity is a problem, just use them less often than what is recommended on the specific kind you get... it just takes longer but I've found you get the same end result.
lynnyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 07:50 PM   #8  
Ducky25

S/C/G: 179/165/135

Height: 5'2"

I have used the AVON brand whitening pack. You rinse with a liquid (much like rinsing with mouthwash) and then use the paste by "painting" it onto your teeth (much like a nailpolish set up...but for teeth)

I really liked it. You do the whole process once and then repeat. It takes 3 days and I saw a real difference. Other than that, I use baking soda weekly if not more. I brush my teeth with regular toothpaste and then brush with baking soda. THAT really works!

I had no sensitivity.
gasouza87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 02:52 PM   #9  
19Deltawifey

My teeth get very sensitive from the home teeth whitening kits. I would just go to a dentist and get it done. Im considering Lumineers in the future
Old 12-01-2009, 04:39 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 230/227.6/150

Height: 5'7"

I have used Crest White Strips but also experienced severe sensitivity. Apparently, you can brush with a flouride paste to decrease the sensitivity, but I have never tried this. Now, I just rinse with peroxide and it does the trick. Plus, it whitens all my teeth, not just those few in the front. You get used to the taste, it's really not that bad.
cabinwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:57 AM   #11  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I used Crest Advance Seal and really liked it. I also just started using Listerine pre-wash whitener and have noticed a difference.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote