Old 11-30-2009, 08:58 AM   #1  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Default Accountability Nov 30 - Dec 6

Do you need a place to post your menu, exercise plan, get support? Then this is the place for you!!! Come on in!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:59 AM   #2  
mj5

Good Morning everyone! I started a new thread for us, hope that's ok.

I have my healthy lunch packed, my gym clothes in the car, mp3 player all charged up....I am READY!

Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 11-30-2009, 10:53 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi friends - good to be back home. My son was in the hospital for 3 weeks - he is doing well now. But, I stayed in the same city as him to help with my GS. Then DH came and we had Thanksgiving together.

I must admitt - I used food to help me get through the stress. I have planned for a healthy day.

breakfast - egg white scramble, 1/2 english muffin, grapes

lunch - tuna sandwich, green bean salad

snack - frozen yogurt

dinner - melted cheese on toast, tomato soup, carrots

snack - sf cocoa, 1/2 banana

lots of water
meditation
write down food/calories
fork down between bites
NO eating while standing.

Hope you all are doing well.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:24 AM   #4  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

hello!

my birthday is on the 5th (this saturday) I"m so excited! I also got some xmas shopping done yesterday!!! Got my mom a healthy cooking for two recipe book and my bf an ornament and my mom some little magnets with funny sayings on them. I will do more next weekend!

I'm back to tracking. I feel really back on track today, it's that familiar feeling of being sick of this.... ha.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:50 AM   #5  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone. Back to a normal week now. I went to the gym and packed a good breakfast and lunch. So far, so good. It was nice to have Thanksgiving and we had a great time, but it is good to be back in the routine. I didn't get to the gym as much as I should have!

Beverly: Glad you're back. I hope everything continues to improve for your son.

Lottie: How funny, my birthday is on the 7th, Monday. I'm not as excited. ha!

MJ: Sounds like you are ready to go! Good planning!

Hope everyone has a good day.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:11 PM   #6  
mj5

Hi again!

Beverlyjoy--So glad to hear your son is doing better. I was really worried. Fresh start. It's ok.

lottie--Happy early bday! I have started my shopping too, I need to make a real list tonight, so I have some focus!

Diane--I agree, good to get back into a routine.

I am also back to using my calendar/rewards. I was doing SO good with it, then fizzled again. It's ok though. I am also using the calendar in my cell phone....I just put in an entry for every day at 4pm to "remind" me to go to the gym. It will make this funny noise about 3:45.

Can't wait to get to the gym tonight!
Old 11-30-2009, 07:30 PM   #7  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Well, that was a fun holiday, but now it's time to get back on track. It looks like I gained about 2lbs, but I have a feeling it's mostly water weight, because I didn't really deviate from my plan that much. Just a few more desserts than I would have had normally. The only thing is that some of the food was pretty salty, and well, some of the calories probably snuck up in things that had butter in them. Anyhoo, I started tracking my calories again yesterday, and I just finished my workout. All around, I am pleased so far with my progress, it would have been better if I LOST weight, but I don't feel like I went off the deep end. Hopefully every holiday will just get better and better!
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:07 PM   #8  

Height: 5'7"

Wow it feels good to be back on track today.
I baked fish for dinner with steamed veggies. YUMMY! I also ate tons of raw veggies today.
Hope everyone has a great OP week.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 07:48 AM   #9  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I am going to a wedding four hours away this weekend and need some accountability there. I'll spend the night before with my mom and head to the wedding with my mom and SIL the next day. My SIL already wants to order pizza. So I think:

Friday:
dinner: 1 slice of pizza cut in two. Hopefully they'll want to get thin crust.
breakfast: slim fast
snack: protein bar in the car
lunch: reception- practice moderation
snack: apple? + what? Or just another protein bar?
dinner: hopefully I'll be home and can do a lean cuisine or something
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:53 AM   #10  

It feels so good to be back on track. I cant wait to see what I can do in Dec.
breakfast - oats with blueberries( my new addiction)
lunch-baked fish and steamed veggies
dinner0 eye of round steak and baked potato and green veggie
Old 12-01-2009, 09:06 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chicks...yesterday was a much better 'food' day. I am grateful. I am planning on working through any thoughts of mindless eating today using everything I can think of.

breakfast - pnb toast, boca bacon, cube of cheese
lunch - chicken soup with veggies
snack - frozen yogurt
dinner (with Mom at Bob Evans) - lite senior breakfast. - egg beaters, fruit, dry toast, one link of lite sausage
snack - sf cocoa, cinn, toast

write down food
stretches and strengthening
fork down between bites
lots of water

dgramie - so glad you are back on track!

Elaina - good job planning ahead. Sometimes I will 'play a game' where I see how long something can take to eat. No really - perhaps, with the pizza - you can take a bite - talk, drink water etc - before taking the next bite.

rakel - good attitude

MJ - thanks for missing me - I was missing you too ( and my friends here) Your reward calendar has been such a good tool/incentive in the past. Go girl. How's the knee?

Slash - I agree...I normal week sounds 'heavenly' to me.

lottie - good shopping - great idea...the healthy cook book!

Have a GREAT OP day, friends.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 12-01-2009 at 09:09 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:27 AM   #12  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Hi everyone. Good day at the gym today. I had spin class and it was a really good one. Good in that I couldn't wait for it to end. Ha! But I felt good that I could do what she asked, even though it was kicking my butt. Food was on plan yesterday, so that was good. I just want to keep it going. I slipped into the 240's... barely... and I want to stay there. So, if I can lose a little more, I'll feel more solidly there. (mind games, I guess)

My job is sucking right now, so I better get back to it and try to make sense of it all.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 02:36 PM   #13  
mj5

Hi everyone!

rakel--I noticed the salt in foods a lot this holiday. Between that and TOM the scale is up for me too, but it WILL go back down for both of us!

dgramie--I agree! It feels so good to get back on track!

Eliana--Good for you for planning ahead already.

Beverlyjoy--Yea for a good food day! My knee, as of right now, feels ok! It bothers me a bit, sometimes, but after a minor freak out at my follow up appt w/ the dr after surgery, I made an other appt so I could go in w a clear head and chat (he told me that my next step is a knee replacement.) Anyway, after a nice chat, we agreed that if it feels good now--leave it alone! If/when it bothers me again, we'll plan from there. And a knee replacement does not have to be the next step. Phew. How is your foot?

Diane--Sounds like a great day at the gym to me! Great job! Hope things at work get better.

K, I need to get back to work. Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 12-01-2009, 09:32 PM   #14  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

MJ: I've never really been one that put a lot of salt in food, or enjoyed really salty foods, so I am pretty sensitive to it. I would actually prefer food that had less salt, but more herbs. At any rate, I could tell after the weekend that I had a lot of water in my feet and fingers, as evidenced by my shoes and rings feeling tighter. I feel like I've gone down a bit today (down .6lbs). I'm retaining quite a bit of water as it is. I'm trying to drink a lot, but it also makes me pee a lot too.

Today has been OK. I just did my exercise (some strength training), it really got me sweating, which seems to surprise me every time because the activities don't seem like something that would get your heart rate up, but it does. I'm fighting the severe munchies and trying not to snack on foods. For some reason I am just feeling really hungry today. I think it's because I'm still working on some thanksgiving leftovers, which I realize now are mostly carbs. It's all veggies, bread and starches with some turkey. Thankfully it's about the end, or at least all I can handle anyway. I think I get some veggie patties and make a sandwich with it for lunch tomorrow.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:22 AM   #15  

Good Morning!
We woke up to a cold rain and I just heard that it might end as light snow flurries.I guess dec wants to let us know its here!!
I did great yesterday and my scales have moved down alot...still got 2 to go to be back to last weeks weigh in weight.I was up 9lbs on monday.I knew it wasnt true weight but it still hurts seeing that number!
Food for today- egg and toast for breakfast
lunch left over subway sandwich and raw veggies
dinner- chicken pot pie with only one crust
snack - 1 ounces of cheese and fruit
rakel- I am super sensative to salt also. I made myself salt foods for thanksgiving dinner.My hubbys family wouldnt have eaten them without salt. I never add salt to anything. Just keep pushing the water..and think every bathroom trip is losing extra fluid.

eliana- so glad I dont have to fight the urge to eat pizza. Can you order a salad to go with the pizza?

mj-HI
diane- hope things at work get better!!
bev- I really need to slow down my eating...I notice Im done before hubby most of the time. I also made a new rule for myself.NO eating standing. I must sit at the dinning room table to eat anything.
Have a great OP day!