General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-29-2009, 10:44 PM   #1  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Default Hallmark Hall Of Fame.

"A Dog Named Christmas".

This is so good. Anyone else watching?

I have a huge lump in my throat. Must be that time of year.

The commercials are getting to me as well.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:05 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

It was a very good show. Our dog Rudi aka Rudolph came home with us on Christmas Eve 2004.

I thought the message at the end regarding fostering and adopting from shelters was very touching.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:14 PM   #3  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Angie and I dvr'd it since we weren't going to be able to stay up until 11pm here to see the whole thing...

worth watching?....I imagine it is...Hallmarks always are!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:36 PM   #4  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
Angie and I dvr'd it since we weren't going to be able to stay up until 11pm here to see the whole thing...

worth watching?....I imagine it is...Hallmarks always are!
Yes Gary it's worth watching. A feel good story.

Beats a lot of the stuff that is on. The commercials are mini stories in them self.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 307.2/249.4/150.0

Height: 5 feet 4

To play Scrooge's advocate here: Am I the only person on this forum who remembers when HHoF showed serious drama -- Shakespeare, Shaw etc. -- literary adaptations (Camille, A Tale of Two Cities), and even opera (about 5 different versions of Amahl and the Night Visitors) and didn't shy away from gritty fare like Gideon's Trumpet (about an indigent small-time con who argues all the way to the Supreme Court that he had a right to a lawyer when he was tried for his misdemeanor offense) rather than feel-good sap? If you like the sugar and spice, fine, YMMV. I'm just allergic to anything too sentimental

Last edited by ANOther; 12-02-2009 at 05:13 PM.
ANOther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:50 AM   #6  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

I take it you aren't a fan of the LIFETIME channel ANOther
Old 12-02-2009, 01:25 PM   #7  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

sometimes a really sappy movie just feels good and is nice and entertaining.

we taped the Christmas dog special and watched the end of it last night. we were groaning how long it took the dad to FINALLY give in and agree to keep the dog (they drive to the shelter, they bring the dog into the shelter, they drive back home...) ha! (that's a bit of a spoiler)

many, many people watch those shows, and the truth is, the shelter situation with animals is a serious one. it's not a bad way to get the message out there. we adopted our cat from a shelter, she had such a wild personality, I'd bet if we hadn't taken her she wouldn't have made it. once we got her calmed down, she became SO affectionate, we love her dearly.

living here in the city, I enjoyed seeing their farm and farmhouse too. the chocolate fondue scene was gratuitously cruel though, I haven't had chocolate in weeks.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 05:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 307.2/249.4/150.0

Height: 5 feet 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
I take it you aren't a fan of the LIFETIME channel ANOther
Right you are. Once in a great while Lifetime, or WE or Oxygen, might show something that piques my interest (Oxygen is part of the NBC-verse and they show some of the world figure skating championships and the Olympics) but I have to take sentimental stuff in very small doses. My mom's the same way, she grew up in the Depression, her parents struggled to make ends meet so she doesn't have many fond childhood memories of Xmases past and just isn't sentimental, so I inherited her lack of sentimentality. I'm sure she would be glad to adopt a shelter pet though, except at her age (late 80s) she's just not up to the work that keeping a pet, especially a dog entails

Last edited by ANOther; 12-02-2009 at 05:14 PM.
ANOther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 09:40 AM   #9  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Well Angie and I finally got around to watching this last night. We really enjoyed it.... a great message.

I really thought the dad was going to go back in right away and adopt Christmas, after his son returned him, honoring his commitment on the deal.

Last edited by EZMONEY; 12-26-2009 at 09:41 AM.