Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 12:28 PM   #16  
Restarting my journey :)

S/C/G: 210/184/130

Height: 5ft 6

Yeah but they're there to be used if you need them, so stay on plan for the rest of the week and you'll be fine girly
Old 11-10-2009, 12:44 PM   #17  
Pure American Metal

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/145

Height: 5 ft 7.5 in

I feel you on the whole Saltgrass problem. Luckily there isn't one where I am now but I've been there several times when I lived in DFW.

Off the top of my head I can't think of anything really healthy there which I suppose is normal cause it's a steakhouse. But it really is oh so good.

The great thing about it though is there's always tomorrow.. or in this case... today. I've totally gone off track for months at a time but the most important thing is I keep coming back. Eventually it will stick (mostly ).

So don't worry about it too much. Enjoy the time you had with your boyfriend, don't look back and plow forward.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:04 AM   #18  
Slowly getting there

S/C/G: 227/ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

I'm coming back after a few months of rarely working out. I was doing really well until I had a class this summer that I spent all day and night studying for. My eating habits overall have improved throughout the year, but they're far from perfect.

I got encouraged to start working out again when I weighed myself for the first time in a month and it was down 10 lbs. That's the lowest I've ever seen on the scale! So I worked out. The next day I checked my weight and it was back up 10 lbs. That just doesn't seem possible. I hope it will level out soon. I'm starting to wonder if there is something wrong with the Wii Fit scale and whether or not I should get a regular scale or not.

Divine, I feel your pain about trying not to eat out. I live in a college town and don't always feel like cooking for just myself. I'm getting better now that my bf comes and stays with me on the weekends. I can't justify us both spending so much money to eat out. I'm also learning that I enjoy cooking if it's for someone. This week I made enough food that I've had left overs to eat off of.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:17 PM   #19  

Jess, I agree whole heartedly... as long as you pick yourself up and get back on track it's all good. You've only 'failed' if you stay down.

Talina, I have no experience with the Wii fit scale so I have no idea how accurate they are. Did you gain the 10lbs in one day? The number on the scale is not going to be a completely accurate picture of your body, or the efforts you've put in that day/week/month. A number of things can make you retain water (including exercise) for instance. If you are making the right choices in regards to food and exercise, the scale will follow and if it doesn't show what you were hoping for just keep persevering

I feel a little lucky that I don't know the restaurant chain you guys are talking about, but we have plenty of temptation ridden places here too I guess. I just try to pretend they don't exist

I'm really pleased with myself. I spent most of the day cleaning my mum's kitchen and reorganising and cleaning her extension which had become a haven for all things junk. This meant I wasn't very hungry all day and didn't stick to my usual exercise routine. I said to myself I'd do 30 minutes on the bike and call it a night, I set the timer for 35 minutes, but when I'd done 20 I decided to go the full whack and do my 45 all in one go. And that is what I did

I'm extra pleased seeing as I set myself the goal of staying on track with my plan everyday for the rest of the month and if I manage that I'm going to treat myself to a bunch of cute things. Mainly a mustard colour scarf and mittens set, the scarf is a chunky knit style with huge long tassles and the mittens are adorable and are connected by a string so you don't lose em I also spied a really cute make up bag and a coin purse that's pink with a cupcake on each side. So yeah, if I make it to the end of the month with every day on track I get the goodies

Hope you're all fantabulous!
Old 11-11-2009, 05:40 PM   #20  
Pure American Metal

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/145

Height: 5 ft 7.5 in

I think the Wii Fit scale can be fairly accurate. My mom's was within a pound or so with her doctor's scale. However, I think carpet can make a difference; if possible you might consider placing it on a hard surface and see if that helps.

I really don't think it's possible for a person to gain 10 lbs of fat in a day. It could may be water weight, bloating etc but I'd guess it's mostly an issue with the Wii. Do you have someone nearby with a nice scale you could hop on for comparison?
Old 11-12-2009, 01:22 PM   #21  
Slowly getting there

S/C/G: 227/ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

I know a lot of the 10lbs is water weight. My diet hasn't really changed. I've just started exercising again. I've seen crazy jumps up and down like this before. I think it's just that my body weight throughout the day fluctuates a lot more than most people's. Yesterday I weighed myself around noon, then again about 3 hours later. I had gone down 4-5lbs in such a short time. At least I'm learning more about my body. I'll be relying on a tape measure more than the scale.

Sadly I can't reward myself for being good this month. I already bought myself the cardio boxing game for Wii. Between playing it as well as some other games I already have and the concert I went to last night, my body is so sore. Mostly in the good way.
Old 11-14-2009, 04:28 PM   #22  

Talina, has that weight disappeared yet?

It's saturday and nearly half past 9 in the evening and I haven't done any exercise yet! This is something I really struggle with on the weekend, so I'm going to get up and do some cycling. Hopefully the fact I've committed to it here on the board I'll actually do it!

In other news I joined WW online on wednesday and I'm really enjoying it so far, especially tracking everything, I get obsessive with records and lists and things! It's been a real eye opener for me and I feel better for eating proper portions (I was either eating too much or way too little) and eating regularly too.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend, there are some wild winds in London, so I've confined myself to the house... well, the sofa mostly

Ciao for now x

edit: I did do the exercise

Last edited by going2Bhealthy; 11-15-2009 at 07:45 AM.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:57 PM   #23  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

hey everyone

Doing well so far this week. Baked Christmas cookies yesterday with a friend and only ate two (an achievement!). They are now in the freezer until December - out of sight, out of mind.

going2bhealthy - good luck with ww!
Old 11-30-2009, 03:20 AM   #24  

It's the last day of November and I was wondering how everyone thinks this month went for them? I'm really pleased with myself, I started exercising, I joined WW which is really working out well for me, I went on holiday and I LOST 1LB!!!!! and it just feels great to be back on the healthy wagon and doing something good for myself

I got back from egypt on saturday night to face rain and cold here in the UK Egypt was absolutely amazing and I can't wait to go back!! Maybe next time I'll be able to pluck up the courage to actually go inside one of the pyramids at Giza.

I'm off to France for 2 weeks tomorrow but my bf's parents have a stationary cycle at their place and I'm going to bring my gym ball and dvds with me to get that workout in a couple of times a week too. It looks like it's raining there too Where is the lovely crisp cold weather and snow fall of my ideal winter huh? I just hope it isn't raining too much this weekend for the Fête des Lumières which is my special bday treat this year... and I'm turning 25 so I need all the cheering up I can get

Anyhow, I will probably be online as much as I can to keep up with my WW plan, so I shan't be disappearing again for a while. I hope you've all had a fantabulous November and are looking forward to an even better December! xx
Closed Thread