Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 12:28 PM   #1  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Default POSITIVE UPLIFTING NOTIFICATION: One positive thing about me today is.....Part SIX

Hello Sweet taters,

Here we are again, starting another part to the Positive Uplifting Notification thread. Well Ladies here it is..........PART SIX........

Today I am Happy once again to give birth to Part Six of the One Positive thing about me today is.......................

It is time for new beginnings so let's get the party started!!!!!!

For all the newcomer's to this thread Let me tell a little about what we are all about. I thought this was a really cool way to reshape the way we think about things, ourselves, and just plain long stuff, you know the kind that happens in a lifetime, stuff that might throw you a curve ball. Well guess what, there is always a brighter side and that is what we look for, staying on the POSITIVE SIDE. To build our self esteem and to let us know, yes we can and instead of no we can't.

It does not matter if your Positive is big or small, about your weight or not, ANYTHING POSITIVE COUNTS. WE ARE HERE TO SUPPORT YOU, ENCOURAGE YOU, TO INSPIRE YOU, TO HOLD EACH OTHER UP, AND TO HELP TOOT YOUR HORNS. BELIEVE ME, YOU WILL BE SURPRISED AT HOW YOU POSTING YOUR POSITIVES WILL HELP SO MANY OTHERS.

I encourage you, in your own time to sneak back and read the FIRST POSITIVE THREAD and even the SECOND and you will understand what a blessing this is. I hope it will is some ways touch your heart.

Now lets get THIS party started and you how we roll. Jump, sit back, take your shoes off and stay awhile, for here we are family!!!!!!

Aggie

Last edited by colormerd47; 11-27-2009 at 12:32 PM.
Old 11-27-2009, 12:45 PM   #2  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Well darlings,

Hoping everyone single one you enjoyed your Thanksgiving Holiday, because we all have so much to be thankful for.

My one positive about today is................yesterday, I displayed such SELF-CONTROL. I DID NOT OVER EAT, DID NOT GO BACK FOR SECONDS AND DID NOT EAT ONE SINGLE DESSERT. WOW!!!!! TRUST ME, THAT IS ALOT FOR ME TO ACCOMPLISH. We had about 17 folks over and there was so much love and thanksgiving in the air. Daddy, cooked, are you ready for this........2 birds, 2 hams, a turkey frier pot full of collard greens, there was a pan of corn pudding, 2 pans of sausage stuffing with cranberries, potato salad, 3 pans of mac and cheese, sweet potato fluff, sweet potatoes in the jackets for those of us watching our weight, Carol's recipe for spicy cranberry sauce(very good by the way Carol), 3 pans of sweet rolls, 2 pumpkins pies, and an array of beverages. We opened our home to few Navy Sailors that could not make it home and had no family here. It was a grand ole time, laughing, dancing, and much and many giving thanks.

Now my second positive is.................my bum is getting a little better!!!!! It will be back to work for me on Monday. After being off for 3 of my normal work days, I think my pockets will think that is a great big positive, I think I agree.

Alrightie ladies, let me know what's going on in your lives. See ya soon right here in the Part Six continuation.

Hugs love and blessings,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 11-27-2009 at 12:49 PM.
Old 11-27-2009, 12:47 PM   #3  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Hey Kat,

I will have to get an adminstrator to do it for me. Once I noticed it, you cannot change it yourself. Guess that is what proof reading if for. LOL LOL I will ask on of them. Thanks for the concern baby.

Ags
Old 11-27-2009, 01:14 PM   #4  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Okay babies,
I just finished reading everyone's posts from yesterday and WOW what memories for all of you.

CJ, it thrills my heart that you are having such a great time. Enjoy your grandma girl, Lord knows how much I miss mine. Can't LIFE be GRAND!!!!

Learn, that was the sweetest thing, so thoughtful. I know your MOM was pleased as punch. Your puppy was in heaven as well, dropping sure can be GOOOOD!!! You must share your son's recipe, just the name Paula Deen makes me want to eat. Have not heard anymore about her new show she was starting to help us ladies out. Remember I emailed her and the response was to look out for the new show. Think I need to email again. Oh yeah Learn, loved that cartoon.

Sara, Happy Thanksgiving back at cha. I love Learn's countdown too.

Nooch, so how is NY and your GRANDMA!!!!!

Kat, I put in the request for the change, so hold on baby, change will come. LOL!!

Oh I forgot to tell you ladies, three of my daughters, Ashlan (Cakebatter), Sonya and Ivory all ran the Turkey Trott Thanksgiving morning, it was a 5k, and they all finished. Ash of course, the runner that she is, finished in 32min. By the way, Cake also ran a 1/2 marathon, 13.1 miles and did that one in 2hrs. and I think it was 15 min. WOW, I would have had to call a cab. LOL LOL

Lord I hope I did not miss anyone. If I did, please charge it to my head and not my heart.

Later Diva's,
hugs love and blessings,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 11-27-2009 at 01:19 PM.
Old 11-27-2009, 01:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 340/165/150

Height: 5'5

Cool Kat's update

Sorry Ags...but I actually posted at the end of part 5 asking that part 6's title be corrected. It has always made me crazy..LOL. I hope this doesn't come across as critical, it just sticks out like a sore thumb to me.

Hopefully an admin will be able to fix it, so this thread won't have to be deleted and reposted. With that hope in mind, I'll make my post here:

Ags: I'm so proud of you for maintaining willpower on a food-centric holiday and I'm so glad you are feeling better. After reading the menu for your family dinner, I want to know why I wasn't invited!! (haha!).

I believe it is important for all of us to to enjoy (in moderation) those special foods that only are made around this season so we don't feel shorted or denied something that only happens once a year..but the key is being able to do exactly what you did yesterday: limit the "treats" to just our important foods...not load up on a ton of desserts, stop eating when we are full.

In my case it was my Mom's chestnut stuffing. I only get it at Thanksgiving and Christmas..so I ate a bunch of steamed broccoli, roasted cauliflower, only white meat turkey, limited the gravy and mashed potatoes and skipped the dessert so I could eat a larger portion of my favorite food..stuffing.

My status: As I posted at the end of Part 5, I had a major meltdown on Tuesday the 17th. I had struggled with the flu, and the miserable recovery afterwards for the 2 and a half weeks before that, I had lost something of great sentimental value (my honeymoon bracelet)..I was dealing with major mood swings from PMS...and at that point, depression took over. I had been eating poorly the weekend before, and I was up a few lbs. In my head I was thinking "Well, there is no way I'll make my Thanksgiving goal now, so why bother? Why am I even going through all of this?" I binged on food and alcohol on Tuesday the 17th, and was on the verge of a major backslide and giving up.

I got up early Wednesday the 20th, I looked at myself in the mirror, and had to remind myself how far I've come from my highest weight..and also in my latest healthy journey since this past July. I've come a long way..even if I was up a few lbs, I still was 22 lbs lighter than I was this summer. I can't give up. I'm finally getting to a point where I feel the confidence coming back...and it has been SO long since I felt this way.

So...After being out of the gym for 2 1/2 weeks, I went back in that Wednesday morning. I was only able to do about 20 minutes on the stationary bike due to my lingering cough...but it was a big step forward to getting back on track.

In the 9 days since I've been in the gym 7 times, with weights done on 4 of those 7 trips. I've been back to eating very well in the past week and a half. My Thanksgiving goal/Reunion goal (my 10 year high school reunion is tomorrow) was 170. My official weigh in at the Dr's office is tomorrow morning...but my gym scale is almost the exact same as my Dr's scale...and this morning it said 168.5. So, as long as tomorrow's weigh in reads the same as my gym's scale, it looks like I was able to turn things around and not just meat but BEAT my goal for Thanksgiving. I'll update tomorrow to give the final verdict on that one.

When I graduated high school I weighed somewhere between 230 and 240 lbs. Tomorrow I will walk into the reunion and see my fellow classmates with MAJOR changes since school. I weigh at least 60 lbs less, my hair is now red, I'm no longer wearing all black clothes and hiding behind books. I am a different person now, and I'm proud of how far I've come.

I hope all of you were able to make it through Thanksgiving with some restraint, but still enjoyed the yummy food and the precious fellowship with family and friends that comes with this holiday.

That is about enough rambling for now. Take care, chickadees.

~Kat
Old 11-27-2009, 02:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Ags - thanks for starting the new thread - I'm a bit quirky but I've always loved the "toady" title. I've got a few warts but under it all I'm a princess emerging. We loved our Turkey Trot - it was a beautiful morning along the Missouri River celebrated by many. If we can figure out how to do it and host the big meal we will make it an annual event.

Kat - great job hitting your goal. Have a wonderful time at the reunion.

As for me Black Friday got a few of my $$$ and now I'm off for a session with my trainer. It's a beautiful day so the pups will get a walk as my cardio warm up.

Be warm - be well.
Old 11-27-2009, 03:00 PM   #7  
Happy Vegan

S/C/G: 318.5/Ticker/155

Height: 5.8"

CJ! Woooohoooooo!!!! Skinny Minny! Well done you!

Ags, you posted that huge list of food on facebook, nearly set my full tummy rumbling! Sounds like you all had a lovely day, and well done for not over eating! Glad your bum is recovering!

Learn, glad your slow cooking went down well. Your sons dessert sounds so good!

Kat, well done on the goal and the weight loss over all! Enjoy that reunion!

gggirls, did you buy anything for yourself?

Well I have had a lovely day, though the weather has been miserable. Its always hard to adjust to it being so dark at 3pm. Ive been to visit my friend and her kids this afternoon as they have all been sick too. Im stuffed full to the top but Ive had so little in terms of calories! And I certainly dont miss having some Friday night treats.

So off to bed for me. Have a fab weekend everyone!
Old 11-28-2009, 04:51 AM   #8  

Happy Saturday!
Well here we are into another weekend. It is a gorgeous 38 degrees outside, the eating is behind us, and now we continue on our journey. Now on to personals...

Ags- Thank you for getting part six under way. And speaking of under way, so glad your tushy butt is doing better.

Kat- So glad you are back on track and ready to reach your goals you have set for yourself. Your gonna knock em' dead at the reunion.

gggirls- So glad you survived black friday. Give the puppies a hug from me. Nothing starts your day better then a hug from your child and a hug from your lab. Oh yeah and I guess a hug from my DH also. LOL!!!

Sara- Sounds like you had a wonderful day visiting friends despite the weather. Have a great weekend yourself.

As for me, I stayed OP even with leftovers in the house. I allowed myself some mashed turnips for dinner and that was that. I was a terrible lazy bum though and slept most of the day. My back was beat from standing in the kitchen preparing thanksgiving dinner, dishes, etc... Today I must brave the elements (holiday shoppers) and go to Walmart for a few healthy groceries.

Here is my quote of the day...

"Live the life you love to live."

Have a wonderful saturday and remember...
ONLY 28 MORE DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS!
Later - Learn

Last edited by learningtoliveagain; 11-28-2009 at 04:52 AM.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:31 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Learn - you love Christmas and are braving the shoppers today - do you shop mostly online? Shopping for just the right gift is such a joy for me.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:52 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gggirls View Post
Learn - you love Christmas and are braving the shoppers today - do you shop mostly online? Shopping for just the right gift is such a joy for me.
I do love Christmas, but don't handle the shoppers very well. People just get so stupid when it comes to saving a few bucks. I shop in stores and on-line only when I can't find what I'm looking for in the stores.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:10 AM   #11  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi Ladies!

I haven't posted in awhile on 3FC - I have been really busy! I did a major project with the kids studying the Mayflower, Pilgrims & the first Thanksgiving in more depth. It culminated with a presentation for all our relatives on Thanksgiving day. That was a lot of work, but oh so fun! I hit the online black friday sales on Thursday night.. then stayed up the rest of the night to leave for Walmart's sale at around 4 am. Then I went to Gamestop, Ace Hardware & Kmart. I was completely exhausted, but saved about $150 on the kids Christmas lists. So yesterday after shopping I was toast!! I tried to take a nap, but with two kids that's not really possible. I got maybe a 15 min power nap. I slept like a baby last night, though!

I am still watching what I am eating (though I haven't tracked food the last two days) - and am proud to say I didn't gain any weight over Thanksgiving. But I didn't lose any either! I am blaming it on my mother's baked beans. That woman can cook some beans and they are delicious! I paid for it, though - Ags I think I could have filled another gas tank.

Looks like you are all doing well - Kat, so happy to hear that you are feeling better and at it again!!

Just wanted to pop in and let everyone know that I'm not roadkill or something. Will probably be back later - we have to deliver the popcorn we sold for cub scouts today.

Keep it goin, girls!!

Last edited by HotWings; 11-28-2009 at 11:12 AM.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:23 PM   #12  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Hi ya baby dolls.

What a grand day it is today, all the children have been filtering for the last two days eating leftovers. We just cut the second ham yesterday. The corn pudding was a hit.

Carol, thanks for loving my title just the way it was. Sometimes my fingers are a little quicker than my brain. LOL LOL You and my daughter Cake could really be running mates. She was out 4:00 am for Black Friday, got her shopping on and was back home and done by 6:30 am. That girl is a shop-a-holic!!!! She found lots of great deals also. Carol, in case I forgot to tell you, that recipe was great, will be doing it it for Christmas as well. thanks again babe. You rock!!!

Kat, congrats on you meeting your goal, you will be the belle of the ball!!!

Learn, thanks for the PM. You did great with those crock pots, gotta whip mine out and give it a whirl.

Sara, I am so happy you enjoyed your day. Hope the weather gets better.

Hottie, so happy to see you. I didn't think you were roadkill baby, just out doing your thing. Wow girl, how many miles are you getting to the gallon? Can you back it up over here? LOL LOL ha ha ha Great job o staying in control of eating, I think we all did really great in that area.

Well kids are trickling back in. Be back later darlin's.

Hugs love and blessings,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 11-28-2009 at 01:27 PM.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:18 PM   #13  
Happy Vegan

S/C/G: 318.5/Ticker/155

Height: 5.8"

Learn Sounds to me like you well deserved that rest. Got to take the chance when its there!

Ags Have you had a nice day? Have all your goodies been eaten up yet?

Hotwings Sounds like you been enjoying yourself!

Im feeling very proud of myself today. Im under my calories and that even includes lunch out and a dessert this evening! I took a chicken and feta salad for lunch, my little one ate all the pasta out of it, and the fruit and my bread roll I put the dish of dressing to the side as well. Essentially a yummy portion of veg with some good protein. Hubby popped out and bought some new ice-cream this evening. I weighed myself a small portion and added a sliced banana so it made a good treat in the end. And Im not tempted to go back for more. It feels good to enjoy eating out and extra yummy things without going overboard And Ill be out at the gym in the morning now my sprains are recovered.
Old 11-29-2009, 04:33 AM   #14  

Good morning all,
I'm just doing a quickie this morning. Back is not doing well at all.
I hope everyone had a great saturday and sunday is just as great.
And just a reminder...

ONLY 27 MORE DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS!

Later - Learn
Old 11-29-2009, 06:57 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 340/165/150

Height: 5'5

Hi gals,

Quickie update: I did indeed beat the Reunion goal of 170 lbs. My Dr's scale yesterday morning said 169.5. I've uploaded a new profile pic, taken last night right before we went to the reunion. It went well but as usual, when I allowed myself to indulge, I did so WAY too much. Not sure how many drinks I had last night, but it was a very high number...not good and today I am paying for it. Oh well...one bad day out of the past 10? Not bad I guess.

Ok, so the next big goal is 165lbs by my birthday which is New Years Day. 5 lbs to lose in a month is certainly possible..but 5 lbs to lose during the Christmas holidays? Yikes. Willpower, here we go...

Hope everyone had a great weekend,
Kat

Last edited by Katarina; 11-29-2009 at 06:58 PM.
Closed Thread