Old 11-27-2009, 09:09 PM   #1  

Smile newbie here and needs help and encouragement

Hey everyone! I found this site and boy am I glad. I am 100 pounds overweight and I don't wanna have surgery ....I really need the encouragement and support to help me along. So far, this site has been very inspirational I hope to become one of the success stories one day! I have a hard time exercising due to some medical problems....I wanna exercise but physically cant for very long. Anyone have any tips about exercising minimally and weight loss ? Thanks for letting me join this great group
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 09:29 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi Leslie and welcome to 3FC.

I suggest walking as a starter exercise . I started out at 330 pounds and my exercise started as walking in place 5-15 minutes a day then I gradually built from there .

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 09:34 PM   #3  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome to 3FC Leslie!! You'll see a lot of women here that haven't had surgery and some who have, just hang in there with us and I hope we can help in anyway we can

I also recommend walking to start off with if you are looking to ease into exercise!
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 10:01 PM   #4  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

Welcome to 3FC. There are many great stories and people on here. This has been a great site for me. Keep coming back! Peace be with you. Cathy
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 08:47 AM   #5  

Hey thanks for replying! I can walk about 15 minutes at a time...so I really need to get motivated to do that again. I love this site so far...its great to have encouragement from people going through the same thing. I hope to offer encouragement to others too!
Old 11-28-2009, 09:07 AM   #6  
Each day is a victory!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/145

Height: 5'2"

Welcome, I agree that walking is a great exercise! Good Luck

KaCee J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 09:14 AM   #7  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Hi, Leslie, I'm another one who started out walking. I still love to walk and hike. Nice to see you here
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 10:33 PM   #8  

thanks for the welcome everyone
Old 11-29-2009, 12:35 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 311.5/289.5/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi. I can't walk at all really, except what is absolutely necessary, so I swim to maintain flexibility and generate some muscle mass. I also do some of the weight machines, the ones for upper body as I can't do the ones that require using my legs. No matter what exercise you do the vast majority of weight is lost from counting calories. Any "special" food plan only has minimal, it any, impact on total weight loss, like low carb; the type of diet you choose is more what suits you and that you can stay on for life.

Last edited by Suezeeque; 11-29-2009 at 12:40 AM.
Suezeeque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:30 AM   #10  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

I agree, weight loss is more about the food you put in your mouth than exercise. Both are important for health and well-being, but food is about 80% of the equation. Start counting calories, or whichever method of calorie reduction you choose, and the weight will start to come off. Start with your walking too, it is going to help make you feel a whole lot better.

Welcome and good luck! Stick with us, this is a great place!
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:03 AM   #11  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

What you eat is the most important part of weight loss. For me it was giving up refined carbs and sugar. I did not exercise to lose weight, other than normal daily activity. I have noticed that normal daily activity has changed as I got smaller. I park farther out in parking lots. I will walk to the drugstore a mile away instead of automatically grabbing the car keys. Simple things.
Experiment with different diet plans until you find one that suits your body chemistry. You can do this, we are all here to help! Good luck
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:13 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

If you don't like walking and have access to a pool then you can try swimming. For me, I just hated exercising when I was at my heaviest, but I felt lighter in the pool and nothing hurt.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 12:08 PM   #13  

oh yes...I love swimming! The problem is that there are no places here in town to swim except the college and it is only open for daytime hours and I work then I'm still hoping to win to lottery so I can put in an indoor heated pool hehehehe J/k ..... I do wish I had a pool though...that would be awesome! Gonna just stick with plain ol walking for now and then increase to weights while walking later! I used to walk 5 miles a day many years ago....I would love to do that again Thanks again guys