Old 11-26-2009, 03:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 297/256/not sure

Height: 5' 2"

Default Hope this is LAST Thanksgiving I feel as stuffed as the turkey

I hope this is the LAST Thanksgiving where one of the first things I do when I come home is change into my sweatpants because my clothes feel too tight.

I would love it if next year, I could go all day and not worry about how tight my waistband is, and not be eager to get home just so I could change into something "more comfortable".

No more Thanksgivings where I feel as stuffed as the turkey.

Anybody with me?

Or is anybody already there, where last year your clothes felt too tight, but this year you're comfortable in whatever you're wearing?
Truffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 05:17 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I didn't over-stuff myself today. I didn't have a "Thanksgiving dinner" but that is a story for another time
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 06:50 PM   #3  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

Today I didn't feel overly stuffed, but I felt full. Right now though, after I am home and "chillin'" I am feeling very compulsive...I don't like this. But writing and reading on here is helping for the peace to return! Whew...deep breath...

I am saying a prayer for you in hopes that your day was peaceful!

Cathy
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 07:39 PM   #4  

Height: 5'11"

I overate today and do feel very stuffed. I can't imagine that I'm going to want any dinner; if I do, it will be something like toast and tea. I will try to somehow remember how I feel because this isn't really necessary and I don't want to feel like this at Christmas. The sad thing is--I used to eat like this on a regular basis. It was NOT unusual for me to feel overly stuffed and sick after many evening meals. This is a reminder of how I do NOT want to be.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 08:26 PM   #5  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

I feel great. I didn't go off-plan, no Thanksgiving dinner, and my small clothes are all now almost too big. I'm happy. I don't feel deprived, I feel alive. Life is good.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 08:46 PM   #6  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

I enjoyed Thanksgiving dinner but didn't go overboard

I think my sick 3 year had a hand in me not over indulging though which it sucked she was sick but on the flip side I'm glad I had something to keep me busy.
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 08:53 PM   #7  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

I ate too much for dinner, but I'm not going to fret about it. I enjoyed it! But you're right, the first thing I did when I got home was put on my comfy jammies.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 10:04 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/155/140

I put on my sweatpants only because it was time to clean my tornado like kitchen and I had on pretty clothes to celebrate Thanksgiving. So, on one hand I done a little bad yet I did come home and do a 50 minute video and then the kids wanted to do the 20 minute family fit video. It is only one day of many!!!!
Jokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 10:33 PM   #9  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Or is anybody already there, where last year your clothes felt too tight, but this year you're comfortable in whatever you're wearing?
I am raising my hand! I was really pleased with today. I am calorie cycling this week so I had extra calories planned for today. Most of my big meal would have fit in my normal plan, turkey, green beans, some fruit, even a little mashed potatoes. I allowed myself one serving spoon of the sweet potato casserole and had 2 cookies. I was satisfied with one plate and did not go back for seconds.

One reason I am pleased is because I CHOSE to eat this way. My meal was exactly what I wanted and I did not feel deprived at all. The day was much more enjoyable than Thanksgivings passed. I did not feel the need to avoid the camera. I cooked and cleaned up afterwards, played with my grandkids and was not utterly exhausted. For years I have dreaded days like today because I they were so difficult physically. It would take days for me to recover.

With my new eating habits, I have not given up anything but have gained my life back!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 11:43 PM   #10  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

I ate foods today I wouldn't normally, but every once in awhile is fine, it's overeating bad things on a frequent basis that got me where I am today. The only thing I wish I ate less of was the appetizers, but even that I didn't go as crazy with as I would have in previous years. By the time dinner came around though, I wasn't very hungry and although I had a pretty full plate I only ate half of what was there. Now for something completely unheard of, I took a roll and didn't even eat it. I even left some of the most delicious sweet potato casserole on my plate, and didn't finish it even though there was only a bite left. I put all of the leftovers in a plastic container that's sitting in the fridge with a bunch of other leftovers. I had more dessert than I probably should have, but I don't feel too guilty about it. I'm fighting the urge of snacking right now... I still feel somewhat full from dinner, but it's also been enough hours ago that I'm starting to get a little hungry. I really should go to sleep, but my nieces and nephews are over, so we're staying up with them.

The main accomplishment of the day, however, is not overeating at dinner. I was full, so I stopped eating. I never got to that uncomfortable, sick feeling. My biggest regret? Snacking late at night and not getting my exercise in. Lots of family are here, so it's hard to get that in. We've got 7 people staying in a 2 bedroom apartment, so we're kind of on top of each other here.

Last edited by rakel; 11-26-2009 at 11:45 PM.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 11:56 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

I planned what to eat ahead of time and stayed on plan, but boy did the dinner make me feel sick!

I'm not sure why. I had turkey breast, green beans, and sweet potatoes all prepared without any fat, and about half a cup of stuffing, which I believe was drowned in butter (I didn't make it...) nothing else besides raw veggies.

I skipped rolls, butter, gravy, pie, whipped cream, mashed potatoes, and second helpings.... but even so, my stomach was churning. My niece told me she put SIX sticks of butter into the stuffing....!!

My big turkey day NSV was standing in the family pictures. I want to look thinner, but I don't stick out any more.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 02:02 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

I wore Spanx under my dress tonight, which was the only reason I felt like my clothes were tight. Honestly, it felt good to walk away feeling slightly more full than I normally do after dinner, but not sick.
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 02:31 AM   #13  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

This year I avoided rolls, potatoes and almost anything that looked like a dessert. It wasn't hard to do as I really didn't want any of this kind of food anymore. I left satisfied but not feeling the normal "I'm so stuffed I need to change my pants and take a nap" mentality. It was a pleasant experience and I think I am ready to handle the next month of holiday goodies now. I am happy that I can wear just about anything I want now and I don't want to give up this feeling ever!
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 05:00 AM   #14  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I had one plate of food at Cracker Barrel. It was too much, but the bright side is that I did first go to the gym and do 3 miles on the ellipical and then I worked for 6 hours. I hope by getting right back on plan, my weight won't show a gain this week.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 10:21 AM   #15  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Today is my family's Thanksgiving celebration (and I need to get a move on!) I will keep your wise words in mind today while I'm wearing my snug size 10 jeans fresh from the dryer! They are already tight enough without me stuffing myself beyond reason. Thanks for the well-timed reminder!
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote