Old 11-23-2009, 05:35 AM   #1  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Default W.O.W. Healthy Through the Holidays~Thanksgiving WEEK

I cant believe the first leg of our holiday challenge is coming to a close.

Michelle I found that recipe but lost it again. I'm very sorry.

Amy~I haven't tried the Firm, never even heard of it. Are you still getting your water in? I know you are unhappy with your body, but you do know what does work honey. 3fc! and calories in and calories out. I love you too, we've been WEEDers together for how long? As for your fight with DH, Ive done it too. We settled on me buying 3 days worth of fruits and veggies at a time. now I don't have to worry about it going to waste.

Week 1: 144
Week 2: 141
Week 3: 143
Week 4: 140 (139 Tuesday)

Just had a really long post and deleted it. Mostly it was my confessions of a 2000 calorie day yesterday, but today is a new day.
I decided yesterday that I was having a free week this week. (mostly because I was really hungry yesterday). But after a good nights sleep and remembering all the calories I ate yesterday, I am not having a food frenzy this week. I can only work out once all week. (well not true, I could go after work, but I doubt I will). Thursday of course the gym is closed, but as long as the weather holds up I will run a couple miles outside) Friday my workout will be fighting the black friday shoppers. I guess I will have to pull out my Wii fit thanksgiving night, and maybe some pilates videos.

W 64
E exta laps through the plant
E 1200 cals
D postive thinkng.

Last edited by jcatron243; 11-24-2009 at 08:45 AM.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:27 AM   #2  
Portion Control

Height: 5'3"

WEED yesterday was successful.

Week 1: 167
Week 2: 160.5
Week 3: 156.5
Week 4: 156.5

Very busy week this week with getting ready for Thanksgiving and my boys coming home. I am going to try not to let my lack of weight loss this past week despite being very good get to me or the stress of the holidays.

Today's WEED -

W - 64 oz.
E - some sort of activity or short walk
E - 1200 - 1300 calories
D - try not to let the stress of the week get to me
PopcornGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:27 PM   #3  
In it for the long run

S/C/G: 196/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I feel like I haven't been on this site in forever. I have been EXTREMELY busy with schoolwork. These next 3 weeks will be just as crazy with many projects, tests, and then finals coming up. But I graduate on December 20!!! Well this past week was great with a 2.8 lb loss. I ate well, but didn't exercise much at all. But I did try something new for the second half of the week. I didn't count calories, instead I only ate when I was ACTUALLY hungry, and only ate until I was satisfied. I have a bad habit of eating just because it is time to eat, then eating too fast to where I eat more than I should. This seems to have worked, so I will keep trying it to see if it keeps working.

Goals for today:
W - 64 oz (I've been lacking with water, only 16 oz so far today)
E - hopefully I can get in some jumping jacks or something before bed
E - only eat when hungry, and watch portion sizes
D - actually study my notes for my psyc test, instead of just studying for the short answer questions

Week 1= 177
Week 2= 175
Week 3= 175
Week 4= 172.2
zoochick777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:44 PM   #4  

Hey Ladies - I really need to start checking in more on the weekends. I'm barely on the computer if at all... Weekend was OK, found out that DH is going back to Kansas City next week, worst of all he'll probably be gone for Connor's 3rd birthday! Argh! Oh well, serenity now! (any Seinfeld fans out there?) WEED today hasn't been the greatest, hardly drank, eaten or anything else for that matter, just feel blah and PO'd!

On the other hand I should feel very thankful today for everything I have - my poor 3 1/2 month old niece has been in the hospital since Saturday with 104+ fever, she has a boil on her leg that they think is a staph infection. She had surgery this morning to debride the wound and clear it out. So, keeping my fingers crossed that everything turns out OK.

Looks like everyone's doing great with their weight loss, I'm still floundering here. Got back down to 162 from my high of 165 but still, basically where I started. Must search around for that motivation, must have hid it somewhere...
emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 04:00 PM   #5  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

Jen that's a great idea....I will try it. Posting from my phone...water intake is on track for 64 oz so far so good...
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:57 PM   #6  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls.

Just popping in to say Hi! Nothing new here, slowly going down again. Hope you all had a great Monday!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:17 PM   #7  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Alright alright! Finally back here. Has been crazy at work. I am covering the desk of one girl on maternity leave and still trying to pull off my work AND everyone one is going or on vacation. I find myself caving to naughtier than necessary food cravings.... but not totally outta control. Here's my weight stats.... (that 193 from last Wed is long gone but will be back soonly!) At least I made it outta the week down a pinch, TOM and all.

Week 1 ~ 198.8
Week 2 ~ 197.4
Week 3 ~ 197.6
Week 4 ~ 196.4

Jen - good for you keeping yourself in check with the "frenzy/no frenzy" in food land. I wish I could go black friday shopping too... but I just got to buy tires, brakes, and rotors for the Suburban. FOOEY!

Mtiggie - How you holding up sweet girl? thinking about ya.

Zoo - Nose to the grindstone girl! It will be the best Christmas present you ever gave yourself!

Shari - ya for quick stops to report losses ~ big or small!!!

Nchellie - e32 - popcorn - Grazie - Mavie - and all you other girls keep up the good work. I have to work on business stuff now or I'd catch up. Promise to check in tomorrow!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 01:58 AM   #8  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Height: 5'5

im the same.. hey at least i didnt gain.. but i would love to b in the 30z by the end of nov
TIARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 04:07 AM   #9  
e32

S/C/G: 169/157/135

hi everyone...mixed feelings about today. had a GREAT swimming workout and really felt like i pushed myself for the first time in about a week. i could blame that on TOM, but i was really just being sort of lazy in my workouts. i know a lazy workout is better than none...but come on, if i'm there i should be getting my time's worth, right? anyway, today was really good and i'm hoping to get in another hard workout tomorrow.

i weighed today and am 160.5...hovering around that stupid 160 i know that i lost 5lbs really fast in oct and briefly saw some 159s...but now i'm stuck again...i just have to keep pushing myself...i know there is a mathematical truth to calories in/calories out. that scale has to move sooner or later, right? i know i could have done more last week, so here's to this week. thanksgiving food, i'm not afraid of you

W-64 not doing well today with water...need to drink a bit more before bed
E-great swim today, hoping for same tomorrow
E-just plan ahead and i'm set.
D-time to rake the leaves again, and clean the bathroom...i'm getting so excited about my house being cleaner, tidier and more hospitable as a part of my routine, yay! it's so much easier to keep it up a little everyday instead of a blitz once it gets out of control. i suppose that could be said about many things in life, hmm?

jeni-hope you get your thanksgiving day workout in

popcorn-here's to a stress free holiday.

zoo-that's so cool that you're graduating soon. i hope you get a little time to relax this week

emily-(love seinfeld!) i hope that your day is better tomorrow--take care of yourself and try to make sure and eat/drink even if you're upset! sorry to hear about your niece, that sounds scary--hope she's better soon

hi shari

kris-way to go...still on the way down

tiara-hope you meet your goal by the end of the month. i'd love to see something n the 50s myself

hi to everyone else too! have a great night/morning/day (it's mon night for me still but i bet most of you read this on tuesday)

night,
ella
e32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:43 AM   #10  
Calorie Counter

Popcorn thats the attitude want to hear.

Zoo~good luck with your tests. Great job on the loss.

Amy~so what kind of a phone do you have? I just got the Rogue and I am loving it.

Emily~sorry your Dh has to go back, I hope he is back for your sons birthday. I Missed Tommy's 3rd birthay, I don't think I will ever forgive myself for it. I hope your niece gets better soon.

back at you shari, I hope things are well.

Kris, I did give in a little, a piece of candy licorice and a chunck of bread. But I have forgiven myself. today is a new day.

Tiara, Keep on working at it and it will happen.

Ella~I so know how you feel about lazy workouts. But, sometimes we need to give ourselves a break. I know if I skip a workout it turns into a week or month of skipping, so If I go and do a lazy workout I am atleast keeping myself going.

Mindy, I hope you are hanging in there.

Michelle, how are the kids doing? Its Tuesday, let us know when you hear from the nursing board.

Grazer~I hope you are feeling better. How are your kids??

My day off after my long weekend. Work was great It was a nice change of pace. Today I plan on working out, doing laundry, shopping for green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, and pot luck wednesday. Making one sweet potato casserole. Then I want to get in a workout tonight before swim lessons (just a short bit of cardio). I may force myself to get in a workout on Wednesday night it will probably be a short cardio workout and weights.

W 64 oz
E 45 minutes cardio 20 weights
E 1200 good calories.
D see the above.

Last edited by jcatron243; 11-24-2009 at 08:45 AM.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:24 AM   #11  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

Jen I got the HTC Hero with google. LOVE the dang thing. Went to a party the other night and we'd all met on FB and there we were, facebooking and uploading photos from the party LOLOLOL

I love my phone though. Had a salad for dinner last night. Took half a can of chicken breast and mixed it with some light mayo. put it on the salad mix, added some shredded cheese. That was it. Nothing else on it. very plain, but it filled me up. now i have to hide the candy. and drink more water. Stupid me didn't even bother after I left work, i know if i can get it all in at work then i won't need to worry. i just couldn't drink anymore. but i'll try harder today. No clue as to what's for lunch or breakfast yet...but i'll figure something out. Tonight after work I need to run over to the commissary and get the rest of my holiday dinner shopping done.

I'll be around later on, i've gotta get ready for work...OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i'm better now, really LOL
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 01:16 PM   #12  
Calorie Counter

Amy~I haven't posted anythng from my phone yet, but I browse and stuff all the time.

Got in my workout. No trouble finishing my 5k either (not like last week when I could barely do 2.5 miles) I guess spin class worked muscles I dont use while I am running. So do I want to do spinning or not? I don't know. I am going to do it again on saturday to make up my mind.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:12 AM   #13  
Calorie Counter

Wow, yesterday was a slow day. I'm up for work again. I get tomorrow off though, which will be nice. I only got about four hours sleep last night, so I'm not sure if I will be able to workout tonight. The forecast calls for rain tomorrow, so I may be working out with my Wii fit tomorrow.

W 64 oz
E whatever I can do
E 1200 clean cals
D positive thinking, work hard. It pays off in the end.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:24 AM   #14  
Portion Control

Missed checking in yesterday, it was too crazy with getting ready for the holiday. I am still behind the eight ball as I am trying to get my house clean enough to be able to put up Christmas decorations next week. I usually do a really good clean before I do that so I am trying to kill two birds with one stone.

I have not exercised at all since Sunday and may not get it in today but I have been good about my calories.

I did weigh in today just to see and I am down a half a pound and that is good. It should be enough incentive to keep me focused through tomorrow.

WEED today -

W - 64 oz.
E - cleaning and maybe some cardio
E - 1200-1300 calories
D - more cleaning and not letting the stress get to me.

Everyone have a GOOD day.
PopcornGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 10:29 AM   #15  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Week 1- 181
Week 2- 177.8
Week 3- 178
Week 4- 178.8

As you can see, things are certainly not happening fast. I am down a bit today, but just to 178.4. I have mad myself this promise. If I do not lose in Nov. and Dec. I am joining a gym in Jan. I need to do something different.

I walked with my friend yesterday, she has been slacking. That wa nice. When we finished i did a little jogging and ended up racing some kids who stayed after school. I beat em all the first time, but found I got a little slower each time. Hey....I'm old....They are young. It was fun.

I WANT A NEW PHONE. It is time. I hate to spend the money though.

Thanksgiving at my sister's house. Just another meal, right??? I will not over indulge. I'll be back throughout the weekend. Hope to get in alittle shopping, if my kids let me know what they want.

Last edited by mtiger; 11-25-2009 at 10:36 AM.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote