Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2002, 02:18 PM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default What gift are you most excited about giving

Christmas is such a fun time of year. We get to buy the special people in our lives gifts. Of the gifts that you are giving this year, which one are you most excited about?
Old 12-16-2002, 02:21 PM   #2  
Long Time Member

We bought Jacob a dinosaur bank that when you put the coin in his mouth it has to zig zag all the way down to the bank in his tummy. Jacob is just going to LOVE that.
Old 12-16-2002, 02:33 PM   #3  

Default A scooter!

My brother-in-law is a special needs science teacher for a middle school in CA so we're sending him a telescope. He has 7 kids and 2 grandchildren so we know he wouldn't splurge on something like this for himself. We won't be there to see him open it but I'm really excited to hear from about how he likes it.

Edited to add--a scooter for my 7 year old. Since they're not the rage any more, we found a Razor for only $20 online. Amazing they were going for 80 or $90 just a year or two ago.
Old 12-16-2002, 03:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

Lightbulb for my sweetie

i'm quite broke this holiday, which is sad because i LOVE giving.

so i'm really only getting something for my mom and david this year. however, i'm very excited about the presents i have planned for david because it's my first christmas with someone i really love.

i'm getting him the mechanic's user manual for his car, because he loves working on it (and it's just an old clunker!) i got him a DVD -- the first movie we saw together, which is the powerpuff girls. (ha ha. he loved it.) and i'm going to get him this really cool screwdriver that stores the changable endings up in the handle.

they may sound boring, but i know he'll love them and i can't wait to see his face. =)
Old 12-16-2002, 04:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Got DH an authentic Oakland Raiders Jersey. I can't wait to see his face. Not sure what present will thrill the kidrens. Kalei (9 months) and Lucas (21 months are still young). Lucas will like anything that has wheels. Think Cheyenne (3) will be most excited about the Barbie laptop, and Adriana (9), possibly the Bratz Head~ you can do her hair and make up. Like the Barbie heads we had as kids.
Old 12-16-2002, 05:49 PM   #6  

The gift that I am most excited to give is simply a book. When my sisters and I were little, my dad read to us nightly from Disney's Brer Rabbit stories. We loved it, he then read it to my nephews and now reads to my boys. His version is torn up with the cover duct taped together. I have located this long out of print book and purchased it together with my sisters. I can't wait to see him open it. I hope that it will be as big of a hit as I think it will be.
Old 12-16-2002, 08:13 PM   #7  

Ummmmmm was I supposed to buy presents?!?!?!?.....actually I haven't started yet YIKES!!!
Old 12-16-2002, 09:52 PM   #8  
hot mom wanna be!

My seven year old's cool new bike!! It really looks sharp!! He will definately FREAK!!
laura
Old 12-16-2002, 09:59 PM   #9  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

the gift I am most excited about is a remote control El-Camino

my neice is 18 and her "secret wish" that no body was suposed to know about was to have a pink El-Camino with 'THE JESS" written on it.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to find anything in an elcamino??? so any ways i found one that has hydrolics and it an ugly green (almost as hiddious as pink) and i will write the jess on it. I also found an orange one from hotwheels so i nail polished it pink and that will be on the wrapping!
Old 12-17-2002, 08:39 AM   #10  

I feel bad because I don't have anything really special to give anyone this year. I usually find a book for my husband to add to his collection of presidential biographies, but haven't made the effort this year, though I know a friend of ours is giving him a Herbert Hoover ... We've discussed getting a video camera for the two of us instead of spending a lot on our gifts for each other - I figure that's a good gift for both of us, because I hate the thought of not having videos of our daughters in the years to come.

I do have two gift ideas for my husband but I've kinda run out of time: one is a special shirt I intended to make for him - got the supplies but no time! The other is a small scrapbook of photos of our girls -- I may be able to pull that together.

Pen
265/216/150ish
Old 12-18-2002, 02:37 PM   #11  
Losin It For GOOD!

I found this awesome glass hand-painted bird feeder for my mom - I hope she will love it as much as I think she will!!!

I'm also planning to make some special things for my sister and my brother's girlfriend - I hope they will like them as well and that I will be able to make them in time!!
Old 12-20-2002, 09:07 PM   #12  
Long Time Member

I certainly know about trying to make things in time as I sit here on Friday night, printing out a calendar that I will be giving on Sunday. And when I finish printing it STILL need to go by Kinko's and have them bound. They turned out sooooo cute!

Last edited by Sandi; 12-20-2002 at 09:27 PM.
Closed Thread