View Poll Results: What are your weight loss expectations during a holiday week?
I will stay on plan and hope to still lose something 38 52.78%
I'm not expecting a loss. Beats gaining though! 29 40.28%
It's not the end of the world if I gain, I love to eat at the holidays! 5 6.94%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-23-2009, 07:25 PM   #1  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Default What are your weight loss expectations during a holiday week?

With the US Thanksgiving this week, I was just curious what your expectations are with regards to the scale during weeks that have a food related holiday...
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I had a hard time choosing between the first and second choice, because I do intend to stay on plan, and hope to see a loss - however I'll still be perfectly happy with a no-gain (and for that matter, it's not the end of the world if I do have a small gain).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:46 PM   #3  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

I hope I can just maintain
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:50 PM   #4  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
I had a hard time choosing between the first and second choice, because I do intend to stay on plan, and hope to see a loss - however I'll still be perfectly happy with a no-gain (and for that matter, it's not the end of the world if I do have a small gain).
I think there is an art to multiple choice writing - it's a skill I don't have!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 08:31 PM   #5  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

I'm so close to 199, I have zero interest in screwing that up by eating anything off-plan at Thanksgiving or Christmas. There's no pie or dressing on earth worth 199 to me.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 08:44 PM   #6  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I voted for the first option, since I have been stuck in the low 260s for the past few weeks but the scale is finally showing me breaking into the 250s (my scale at home weighs me about three pounds lighter than the WW scale) and my weigh-in day is Friday, so I don't want to postpone any weight loss for another week just for the sake of some pie or casserole. I plan to stay on plan, enjoy myself in moderation, and hopefully see a loss on the scale this week.
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 08:46 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

ditto to what kaplods said
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:22 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 297/256/not sure

Height: 5' 2"

Since I've gained at least the usual 10lbs (probably more) during the winter/holidays for the last several years, I'm simply trying not to have a gain.

I'm not going to forbid any foods at Thanksgiving, but I am going to do my best not to pig out and eat so much that all I want to do after dinner is run home to change into sweat pants.
Truffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 10:20 PM   #9  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I agree it's a tough choice. As my eating plan is, by definition, moderation until I am satisfied, with calorie counting as a guide, I have a great deal of flexibility in calories to still be on plan and see a loss. I am SO close to Onederland and want to see that by the new year, so I will keep my thanksgiving celebration to one meal, and same thing with Christmas dinner.

That, plus general moderating of food quantities, should keep me on track to lose.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 10:29 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 257/246/110

Height: 5'3"

I'm staying on plan thanksgiving. I'm going to eat normal and hope I don't gain any weight since I'm the closest I've ever been to onderland in the longest time! I'm going to try my hardest to control my mashed potato,rolls and stuffing intake I don't really like sweets so that's good!
cherry7211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:17 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

I figure with only one meal off plan, and I'm not letting it get out of control, I should lose. I'm hoping because I sorta need to prove to myself that I can make this work outside of my super control environment.
But if it doesn't happen, its not the end of the world. Luckily, my parents are super supportive and have already bought me the healthy food I asked for.
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:40 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

I'm going to allow myself small amounts of everything that will fit in my calorie plan but I'm NOT going off plan.

Too destructive and counter-productive. Not with how far I've come so far!
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 02:31 AM   #13  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I'm going wheatless. It's become very obvious that wheat triggers some of my autoimmune symptoms - (especially the itchy, burny skin rash).

A small amount and I seem to be ok, but more than one serving a week, and I start to notice symptom flares - more joint pain and the skin rashes (one looking suspiciously like the malar "butterfly" rash of lupus).

It's going to be really hard, especially since I don't know whether it's wheat or gluten, that's the culprit.

At any rate, my favorite food of the Thanksgiving meal is the stuffing. I'm a little bummed - but on the plus side, all of my other favorites are low calorie and low carb.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 07:08 AM   #14  

I seem to be in the minority, with not minding a small gain. Seriously, how much can I gain in 3 days? Thanksgiving is only once a year, and its all about eating with the ones you love.

For me thanksgiving is about food and family (and friends) and I'm not going to restrict myself. I'm going to eat whatever I want. I am eating thanksgiving dinner at my boyfriends house at lunch time, at my house at dinner time, going out with friends on friday, and having thanksgiving after thanksgiving with friends on saturday. There's NO WAY I'm not indulging with all those great people and yummy food.

I've given myself a "2 pound allowance" for thanksgiving gain. I did it last year too. Last year my gain was temporary anyway, and it will probably be the same this year, as I've been eating sort of recklessly the last, oh, month or so and haven't gained. The 140's can wait another month or two, it's already been like 5 anyway.
Tarisaande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:49 AM   #15  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Normally I'd say 'I just hope to maintain', but considering how hard I've fought to re-lose the six pounds I gained recently (still working on it), I'm with DCHound. There's no food that's worth seeing that number go back up again.

I'm not even a Thanksgiving food fan, so that helps. I will fill up on turkey and vegetables and be perfectly happy. Okay, I might have a beer or two, but other than that I'm planning to do pretty well. Lucky for me Thanksgiving is always at my sister's house, so I don't have to worry about leftovers.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote