Old 11-16-2009, 09:00 AM   #1  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default W.O.W. Healthy Through the Holidays WEEK 3

Week 3 girls!!! How's it going!? Ewww, it's not pretty for me but my rationalizaions/excuses are comin.

WEEK 1: 248
WEEK 2: 247
WEEK 3: 252

Yep up, but here goes. I did eat poorly, mostly but not completely on plan yesterday but Saturday was a disaster and Friday and Thursday before that was slipping slowly.

But the big difference was we got a new scale!!!! We were getting annoyed that our home scale weighed us less than my gym scale and his work scale. So we got a kind of fancy one (from Walmart) but it measures your BMI, bone density, hydration level and fat %. I know, who kind of cares about all those numbers and how accurate are they really? But still. It's kind of cool to have a new one.

And today is the day I hear from the nursing board, thanks for the well wishes on the last thread, I'll pop back in later and let you all know what happens!!!

W- 3-4 liters 1 liter done
E- GYM. RIGHT. NOW. I am dressed, no excuses. Go there!
E- Fiber one and strawberries done, gym now so post workout snack can be Special K protein bar, lunch I think is Subway and apples. Snack will be veggies and FF ranch dip (If I need snack before dinner, or will be snack at bedtime) dinner.....hm. I should reheat last weeks pork pot roast/veggies. maybe sweet potatoes.
D- Fingers crossed. My life may change today. And so can yours. xo

Oh yea, and I'd love you all to post one healthy Thanksgiving dish. I'm aiming to make my own all-healthy Thanksgiving for my family. I'll post mine later. Love to all. xo Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:16 AM   #2  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Michelle, Thanks for starting the thread. My fingers are crossed for you. The last time I got a new scale I had to increase my weight 5 pounds.

Week 1: 144
Week 2: 141
Week 3: 143

Ugg I am irritated with my scale today. TOM is on its way, I did not eat the greatest this weekend, plus I am still sore from the spinning class. I will get back to 139 which is where I was Tuesday-Friday last week.

I didn't make it to class this morning. It seemed that my entire family had insomnia last night. I will head over at my normal time and do my normal workout.

W 120 oz
E 60 minutes
E 1200 good calories.
D Control my eating better.

Last edited by jcatron243; 11-16-2009 at 09:17 AM.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:21 AM   #3  
Portion Control

Height: 5'3"

Week 3 report -

Week 1: 167
Week 2: 160.5
Week 3: 156.5

WEED yesterday - I really had to push to get my water in. Some days are harder than others.

Icky rainy here today so that messes with my exercise.

Today's WEED -

W - 64 oz.
E - 30 - 45 minutes of cardio (indoor - yuk)
E - 1200 - 1300 calories
D - dig into the ironing

Wishing you luck today Michelle.
PopcornGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:31 AM   #4  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Okay chickies... back on track for me!

Week 1 ~ 198.8
Week 2 ~ 197.4
Week 3 ~ 197.6

I have been experiencing a light but consistent mid-cycle TOM for 2 weeks now. Supposed to really start on Friday. Gonna call the doc today to see if I should be freaking out. I racked it up to stress, exercise, food changes. But its not going away.

Nchellie ~ I have the same kind of scale... and I used the extra measures for about a week... but all the beeping in the morning from it would make hubby nuts (I just typed hubby ). Any who... I do like it though. AND super duper fantastic loads of luck today!!!!

Jen~ I fell pray to naughty eating too these last 5 days. Lets dust ourselves off and get to those numbers! I am still shooting for 180's by the end of the challenge!

Its my last week of bootcamp and I am TERRIFIED to go back tonight. But I'll be there. Gotta scrounge up the money to go for another 6 weeks!

K off to work. Will check in later!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:32 AM   #5  
The Sky is the Limit!

Oh and...

W: 64oz +
E: Bootcamp tonight
E: OP and written down!!!!
D: Today is a new day!
Old 11-16-2009, 10:03 AM   #6  
Calorie Counter

Kris I thought of you on Saturday, we had to stop in the middle of the class to do wall squats (two minutes of pure pain).

Popcorn, girl that scale is movin awsome for you keep up the good work.

Michelle, I have no healthy recipies that I have tried, but one I am going to try. I will post it soon.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:57 AM   #7  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I never used the quick reply feature, here goes. I just got back from the gym and instead of doing my workout, I went to the aerobics class!!!! It was a low impact, beginners step class. Some weights, some resistance band, probably hit every muscle group. So I'm feeling great!!! Need to shower, dress and meet my AA sponsor for lunch and a meeting. House needs cleaned and no, I haven't heard anything yet from Columbus. Love you all!!! Personals later.xoxoxoxoxox
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:49 PM   #8  
Calorie Counter

Michelle, great job in trying the aerobics class.

I got in my workout, 45 minutes of cardio 15 minutes of weights. No arm exercises because this man was hoarding the machines.
Old 11-16-2009, 03:49 PM   #9  

Hey Ladies -

Michelle - keeping my fingers crossed for you today!

Popcorn - WTG on the losses!

Well my DH is out of town all week for work so I really need to keep the stress/boredom eating at bay. I truely love my children, but having them alone for the whole week while working full time - I think I may need a mental break (aka pedicure and afternoon away) when my DH gets back.

W - 80+ oz
E - does collapsing on the couch in exhaustion count?
E - 1200-1300 cals
D - patience, this is going to be a long week and it's only day 1

I haven't posted my weight b/c I'm actually up from when I started (165!!!) TOM is coming up this weekend but still...no excuses right? Keep up the great work girls!
emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 04:35 PM   #10  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls!

Today is a good day. I kind of helped a friend get a much needed job. All I did was tell her about the place and she swears I'm her hero. I'm looking to do a transfer. More money and more training. If things keep going this way, all my Texas friends will be working in the same call center as me. Things are looking up, I am hopeful.....
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 06:20 PM   #11  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Week 1- 181
Week 2- 177.8
Week 3- 178

Hey, this week is pretty much the same as last week. It's okay since it is mid-cycle time. I just don't want to see it go over the dreaded 180. I have got to stay under this month so I can make some progress. Last month I lost and gained the same 4 pounds.

My little dragonfly on my ticker hasn't moved in a long time. 175 would be really nice.

Michelle- I am sending all my best wishes your way. Good job on the class.

Nix- Hubby?? Sound funny??? You better sign up for the next bootcamp. Look, you are under 200.

Last edited by mtiger; 11-16-2009 at 06:24 PM.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 06:59 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

Not a bad day today. I had a snack at 3 that was more cals than I anticipated. Planning on getting on the wii tonight to balance out those carbs! Overall I ate within my range.

e32- thanks for the info on the podcast games. The only podcast I have is C25K

Nix- or should I say Mrs. Nix/ Great job on getting back to bootcamp!

Popcorn- WTG on the loss! You have done amazing in 3 weeks? And again you are proof of how journalling works!

JCat- We went through a couple of insomnia nights last week. Torture.

Nurse- Any news? I love step aerobics- my favourite exercise

Emiloots- I like your idea of self care. I have two toddlers too.

Mtig- WTG on the loss!

JL- Great job on getting to the gym!

Tomorrow:

W- 6-8 glasses
E- journal. Mindful
E- step class
D- I am worth it!
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:35 PM   #13  
Portion Control

I must have skipped over the step part in Nurse's post earlier but I saw Grazer's post about step aerobics and started laughing. It must be step day.

That is what I did today too when I was in a funk about what to do with the rain. It was an old workout on DVD that I felt like I was revisiting an "old friend" so it did not seem so hard working out today when I really didn't feel like it.

Nurse we are thinking good thoughts for you.
PopcornGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:57 PM   #14  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Height: 5'5

thanks nixmom for the heads up......lol i was wondering where did everyone go lol i didnt know about the new thread well now i do...... lol here is pics of my 50 pounds lost... m proud to say im back at 242.8 all the bad halloween weight i gain is gone herez to being 234 in nov.... http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...loss-pics.html

Last edited by TIARA; 11-16-2009 at 09:02 PM.
TIARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:36 PM   #15  
The Sky is the Limit!

Yay Tiara! Glad you found us again! You have to watch for Jens (or Shari's or Nchellies) link every Monday morning, click on it, and subscribe to it. We'll come find ya if you're gone too long!

Bootcamp went well. Pretty sure I wont be able to walk tomorrow. Just stopped by to add to my siggy and say HEY.

Check back tomorrow chicks!