Old 11-16-2009, 01:32 AM   #1  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Default 100 lb Accountability 16 - 22 November

Do you need accountability? A place to post your menu or your plan for the day? Please post here. Everyone is welcome.
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 01:42 AM   #2  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Hello lovelies!

So much to talk about tonight, so it's going to be a bit of a novel, sorry! Anyway, the wedding was fantastic. I'm going to post photos, but it won't be tonight since I have to download them off the camera and resize them. I'm going to try for tomorrow and see how it goes. The bride was so beautiful and they were both so very happy. The service itself was quite long, but that was mainly because the bride was over an hour late - when they got back after getting the hair and makeup done whanau (family) staying with them hadn't even started getting ready, so that just delayed things a bit more. It was a very typical Maori wedding - lots of speeches, karakia (prayers) and waiata (songs). I tried to get on the site yesterday, but the site didn't come up at all, but looking around I see there were issues.

Anyway, yesterday was very quiet which was good and I'm still a bit tired today. I didn't make it to the gym - the zip on my backpack broke and since the only other bag I own that would hold all my work clothes etc was a suitcase, it felt like a bit of overkill. So I bought a new pack after work tonight and am ready to go for a while.

My scales have been doing interesting things. According to them, I've put on about 10 lbs, but my clothes certainly don't feel like I've put on that much - if anything they're a smidgeon looser than they have been. I might just check my weight at the gym tomorrow and see what the number's are like there. Not sure whether the battery in the scales are going or whether there's another issue....

Anyway, that's me. Like I said I'll try and get a couple of photos posted tomorrow, but I will definitely post them by the end of the week.

Have fun!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:41 AM   #3  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Here we are, Monday morning. I went to the gym and got on the eliptical, then worked on abs. I wasn't really happy with the scale because it went up .6 of a pound. I really thought I'd see a loss. But, I'll stick with it. There aren't any other options, are there? Ha!

Have a good day everyone.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:02 AM   #4  
Reluctant Adult

I'm fighting the scale here, too. Honestly, I haven't deviated off my plan one iota and I've been diligent about exercise as well... and the stupid thing just bounces up, down, up, down. I'm beginning to wonder if I'll EVER see 241... but as Slashnl points out, there aren't any other options except to keep shuffling forward (and back, and forward, and back...)!!!

Another busy week this week before having to travel for business... I'll be so glad when all this is over (sometime in the first part of January).

nicolen, looking forward to seeing your pics!! Sounds like an entertaining wedding!

Slashnl, I'm sure you'll see that loss in another day or so. Cheers for working out on the elliptical... those things scare me.

Off to go listen to my Wii Fit chastise me for weight gain (probably)....

Have terrific days, all!!

Rae
raebeaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:55 AM   #5  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

I'm glad this site seems to be working again. I did good in some areas, but bad in others this weekend. Overall, I stayed on plan except I went around 400 or so calories over on Saturday. I haven't got on the scale yet, but I probably will tonight while I do my wii fit exercises.

BTW, I have a digital scale that does not read over 308.5 lbs. So I would step on it for a long time and thought I was maintaining at that weight, but when I got on the wii fit it had said I was over 320... so much for maintaining! I didn't think that the scale would stop there, but I guess it does? I don't know about that thing! hah.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:19 PM   #6  
Reluctant Adult

Well, I saw 241. On to 239!!!

rakel... that digital scale was a cruel joke, wasn't it? But before you know it, you'll be watching the numbers on it go down and down and down!! 400 calories isn't bad. Pat yourself on the back for getting right back on your plan!!

Rae
Old 11-16-2009, 02:02 PM   #7  

I think my scale is playing tricks on me. I keep fluctuating between 232 and 216 pounds. I am keeping my ticker as is until I get home. Anyways, onto food for the day!

B: 1 egg, 1 piece sausage, 1 piece toast
L: 1 salad(cabbage, shredded carrots, quinoa, beets) with .5 tbsp balsamic vinaigrette and 1 apple. Lots of water
S: 1 apple, 1 cashew, and 1 french cookie
D: .25 cup potato salad, 1 piece polenta w/tomato sauce, .5 serving shepherds pie, 1 little pudding cup, .25 cup popcorn. More water
Total cals: 1528

Exercise: 30 min walking/jogging.
Total cals: 309
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 02:11 PM   #8  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! I am having a horrible time accessing this site. I am at work and really don't have time to catch up, but wanted to pop in and say hi!

Hope everyone is doing well!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 04:41 PM   #9  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

I've been having trouble too getting on this site. Then I was really busy this morning.
Anyway, I had a good workout this morning, doing my spin class. The regular instructor wasn't there and the one substituting today is one really tough. She gives a good workout, but does not allow for slacking at all! ha! So, it was good, I needed it. I wasn't great yesterday at lunch. I really do better if I just stick to my normal lunch, but a friend wanted to go out to eat. I think I have to do that every once in a while, but I really prefer just having what I bring. I can control that so much better.

MJ: Maybe we can get past all of the tough accessing of the website. I know it drives me crazy. Gotta have my fix!

Peachy: Those scales can be so funny, can't they? Well, funny isn't the right word, but...

raebeaR: Oh boy! You're close to getting out of the 240's. (I'm just hoping to get in them!!!)

Rakel: Hopefully the wii was nice to you!

Well, better go. Have a great day everyone!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 06:31 PM   #10  
is recommitted

The wii fit made some comment about how I've been so regular, I can't remember the exact verbiage... I'm just glad that I'm getting some use out of it since I purchased it and all. I'm looking forward to being able to do ALL of the exercises. Some of the exercises are just too difficult for me to do in this extra extra extra extra large body. I am sooo ready to be out of the 300s.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:51 PM   #11  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

I see you all talking about the wii fit. Can someone fill in this old technology challenged broad in as to what it is? Is it difficult to use, from a technology standpoint? What kind of things can you do with it? I need something to motivate me to get back into exercise.
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:35 PM   #12  
Reluctant Adult

Hi, Judy Lynn,

The Wii Fit bundle might be just the thing for you -- it has certainly gotten me moving!! It's a gaming console by Nintendo, only it's interactive. You hook it up to your tv, place a sensor bar on the top and the software interacts with a balance board and remote control device which the user operates. All these items, plus the software, come with the Wii Fit bundle.

The basic software program comes with "instructors" who teach you basic yoga poses and strength training for beginners. It also has games to help you develop your balance, agility and put you through cardio routines. You can do such things as run through a race course, ski jump down a slope, hula hoop, do some light step aerobics... lots and lots of things. I haven't tried everything yet, and like rakel, I'm still too big to do some of the exercises/routines. But I will!! Also, as you progress you begin to unlock more advanced levels of activity, so no chance of getting bored anytime soon.

The system keeps track of your weight, BMI, strengths, weaknesses and progress. It's really, really fun!!

Hope this helps explain.

Rae
Old 11-18-2009, 03:36 AM   #13  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! Finally I can access the site!!!

nicolen--Glad you had a great time at the wedding!!!

Diane--Keep at it, the scale will catch up! Great job at your spin class. A work friend and I treat ourselves to one lunch out a week. She has recently started to try eating healthier, so it makes it MUCH easier. We are having fun choosing restaurants where we know we can make healthy choices together. I agree, though, it is so much easier to control your packed lunch!

rae--That's awesome! Keep at it!!!

rakel--great job staying on track over the weekend!

peachykean--Looks like you are doing really well!

Has anyone heard from Beverlyjoy? I'm concerned about her son.

lottie--how's the job?

Rhonda--How are you?

hi to everyone else who pops in!!!!

I have been doing well with food and "ok" with exercise. My dh is helping so much now that he is trying to eat healthier as well. We are going to visit dh's family this weekend and we have already talked about a plan for food. We are going to take some healthy snacks with us and are planning for meals as well. We have NEVER done this before.

Last night I stopped at the store to pick up a few things and while I was checking out the person in front of me had a cart full of junk food. I had a cart full of healthy stuff. To be honest, the junk food didn't even look tempting and I was SO hungry!!!

Tonight I am going to the bare escentuals boutique for a "girlfriend party" I actually won it and am super excited because I never win!!!! I get to invite four people and we'll get our make up done, and have fun. I am a total make up junkie, so I can't wait!!!

Have a great OP day everyone!!!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 08:30 AM   #14  

Height: 5'7"

hi..life has been busy as always and hubby has been spending more time on the computer. I am doing great with my points.Its interesting to me to see the difference between just counting calories and WW points. Its a real eye opener!! Hoping this will get my scales moving downward again. I weigh in tommorow so im excited to see what I have done. My sister said not to expect a big loss because I have been counting calories all along and not just starting to diet.I will be happy with any loss!!

food today
breakfast- oatmeal 2pts
apple 2pts
coffee 1pt
lunch- grilled cheese and tomato soup 6.5pts
dinner- chicken and veggies
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 12:41 PM   #15  
is recommitted

I'm eating lunch, and seriously downed the whole thing in a matter of 10 - 15 minutes. I think my biggest challenge is to SLOW DOWN. arg. I do a bit better at home, but at work I just feel so rushed.

Last edited by rakel; 11-18-2009 at 12:43 PM.