Old 11-02-2009, 11:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 212/194/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Fullbar as LA Lite substitute

I had heard a lot of things about the Fullbar, er, bars and got a box at Costco. They are made of puffed wheat cereal and come in several flavors.

I checked the nutritional information and noticed that the bars (peanut butter flavor) have 170 calories, 4.5 grams of fat, 95 mg of sodium, 9 grams of sugar, 4 grams of fiber and 6 grams of protein. That makes them pretty comparable to LA Lites. They are also huge and you feel like you've eaten something. I believe the box of 15 bars cost a little over $16.00 at Costco.

I recently recommitted to the program and have lost 5 pounds in two weeks. I like the Lites (got a case of Caramel Crunch on ebay) for evening snacks, and the Fullbar(s) for the morning--they taste more "breakfasty" with all of that cereal.

They aren't cheap, but cost less than Lites. I refuse to use "LA To Your Door," so I am trying to find inexpensive ways to stay on plan.
TracyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:42 PM   #2  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Hi tracy
do u know what is the amount of carbs they contain?
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:01 PM   #3  

The peanut butter flavor has 27 grams of carbs.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:06 PM   #4  

By the way, if you want to try one, you can usually get them individually at health food stores. I chose to buy the pack from Costco because the price was so much better than I'd seen online. I think it was $16.99 for a 15 pack. I think they had a chocolate flavor at Costco, too. I always go for the peanut butter flavor when I try something new. Usually has less of a phony taste.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:09 PM   #5  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

I have also seen them at Walgreens. Sounds interesting, although I am currently addicted to Fiber One oats and chocolate, LOL.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 05:16 PM   #6  

An update---I went to Costco yesterday, intending to pick up more Fullbars, and noticed an "ender" display of Kashi GoLean Crunchy bars. A pack of 24 bars was only a little over $20.00, and there are three flavors--Chocolate Peanut, Chocolate Caramel and Chocolate Almond. I had a peanut bar last night, and it was fabulous. The caramel was a bit sweet, but good, and I will try the Chocolate Almond tonight. They are very comparable to the LAWL bars---150-170 cal, 3-5 grams fat, 27-30 grams carbs, 5-6 grams fiber and 8-9 grams of protein. They are like granola bars with the bottoms dipped in chocolate. I think I will use these for morning snacks for a while, and use the real LAWL bars (caramel crunch) as my evening treat. The Kashi bars are far more filling than the LAWL bars, and are a better value than the Fullbars.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:01 PM   #7  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

i've mainly been using the special k protein meal bars. here's the breakdown for those:

cal: 180
fat 4g
sodium: 190mg
carbs: 25g
protein: 10g
fiber: 5g

i have those (they come in a few flavors) or Luna bars. but the special k bars have more protein, so i usually stick with those.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote