Old 11-09-2009, 05:26 AM   #1  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Lightbulb W.O.W Healthy Through the Holidays~Week 2

Can you believe we made it to week 2?

Week 1: 144
Week 2: 141

For you new to our challenge. Some of us long term W.O.W.'s have started logging in our weekly w/i's. You don't have to but it helps us see our patterns of gain/loss (I am always up 2 pounds on my weekend off). It also really motivates me knowing I am going to put in my weight here! Tonight after work I think I am going to do a pilates class. I really liked doing it on Weds. I will let you know when I get home.

W 80 oz
E pilates class
E 1200 cals
D make it to pilates class.

Last edited by jcatron243; 11-09-2009 at 05:41 AM.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:41 AM   #2  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all! YES, we made it to WEEK TWO!!!! Check this out!

Week 1: 248
Week 2: 247 YAY! One pound, I'll take it and run baby!

Had a decent weekend. My husband is so wonderful. He knew I was getting into a rut at the end of last week. He made me go out with our friends friday night (I begged to cancel so I could put my pjs on) and we had a fun time, then saturday was feeling blue still so he took me bowling and we had fun and yesterday was nice.

Hope no one is offended when I get spiritual, but this week at church started a series about finding blessings in brokenness. That we suffer but it is for a greater plan. I really, really needed to hear that this weekend. So I'm feeling really good to start this week. We need not regret the hard times.

W-3-4 liters
E- no gym time today but am doing some community service which can get pretty physical
E- fiber one and orange, done, lunch will be leftover whole wheat pasta with turkey meatballs from yesterday and zucchini from yesterday. Oh recipe! This is SO GOOD! I took one big zucchini, sliced it into coins, put them into saucepan with one can of Mexican tomatoes (spicy, jalapeno) and slooow steamed/boiled them til tender. I put some parmesan cheese on mine but still. They were good! dinner is stew with LOTS of veggies in the crockpot, done. Snacks, apples and celery/pb. Maybe a whey shake later.
D- One day at a time. Find time to take care of me. Don't let the bad seperate me from my relationship with my Higher Power.

Be back later. Have a fab day guys! LOVE YOU ALL oxoxox Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:08 AM   #3  
Portion Control

Height: 5'3"

Happy Week 2 to everyone!

Week 1: 167
Week 2: 160.5

Yesterdays WEED fell short on the eating plan. I was invited to a small dinner party and the meal was not as low calorie as I would have liked. Also the group was so small it would have been obvious that I had not put anything on my plate. So exceeded my daily goal by about 500 calories.

Today's WEED-

W- 64 oz.
E- 1 hour of cardio
E- 1200-1300 calories
D - start on that pile of ironing.

Sending good WEED to all of you.
PopcornGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:39 AM   #4  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

Morning ladies. Been outta my mind this last week and still feeling that way right now. Got so much to do this week and if I'm lucky and my team member does her job, I should be going to Tahoe on Friday. If I don't get to go, that's ok too. I'm still taking the Friday off. Not been feeling so hot and right now it feels like a sinus infection is making it's way here.

I NEED to walk.

I'm planning on reducing the number of carbs I eat at night. Gonna try to get my carbs in early in the day if I have them at all. I really just need to get on track.

I'm at work at the moment, so I'll post more later on.
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 04:02 PM   #5  
In it for the long run

S/C/G: 196/ticker/145

Hey everyone, I met my goal for week 1!!

Week 1: 177
Week 2: 175

Can't go outside and walk/jog today due to the weather. Why is their a tropical storm in November?? I know it's still hurricane season but as far as I know this is only the 4th November storm since the 1800s. It is very cloudy and EXTREMELY windy. At least it was downgraded to a tropical storm this morning. I'll just have to workout extra hard Wednesday, and tonight I'll just focus on studying for my test and quiz that I have tomorrow.

Goals for tomorrow:
W - 64 oz
E - off day
E - 1200-1500 cals
D - finish psychology assignments
zoochick777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 05:25 PM   #6  

Hey ladies -

W - 80+ oz (at 64 currently)
E - maybe some gazelle tonight
E - so far so good, going to eat a very light dinner, have a cup of tea and call it a day
D - start getting organized for the holidays, lists to make, money to budget - we all know the drill!

Sounds like everyone's doing well. I haven't had any diet pepsi or artificial sweeteners for almost 2 weeks! Unfortunately, I've found myself picking at the candy at work to compensate for the loss of my calorie-free treat. Giving up diet soda is hard (I'd drink 5-6+ a day, a 2-liter a day on the weekends) so I'm picking my battles at the moment - at least the headaches have gone away finally. Have a great night everyone!
emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:26 PM   #7  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Did someone get the license plate of the truck that ran me over?? Yep, that's how I feel.

Michelle- I sure hope that all the suffering I'm going through right now helps things come out better on the other side. You and I can struggle together. I feel we are both in a place of major change and reflection, etc. etc. Grab hold and we will help each other through.

The trauma diet works really well. 5 pounds in 5 days. Not much food and pretty gentle workouts when I do them. Lack of food leaves me a little depleted I'm afraid. I am trying though. In so many ways.

Week 1- 181
Week 2- 177.8
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:28 PM   #8  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

May I join you?

I've been lurking on and off for a little while. I'm having trouble with motivation, I feel I need someplace to be acountable, and I'm hoping this will be the place. I like the idea of setting daily goals, so I can focus on one thing at a time, I feel if I try to do to many things at once I do them all badly.

Emiloots, I got the E's in the WEED mixed up and thought you were going to EAT the gazelle for dinner, LOL. Hmmm, would it taste like venison??? In the past few days, Hubby had gone cold-turkey on Coke Classics. He drinks about 3-4 20oz at work a day, so I know he feels your pain. I found a thread from 2-08 about someone who gave up Cokes for him to read I can give you a link if you are interested. Disclaimer: I haven't read it.

No WEED tonight. The mind boggles. It will give me something to think about tonight.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:06 PM   #9  
Calorie Counter

Patchwork!

Mindy, I hope you are ok.

Sorry I will get to the rest of the personals tomorrow I am exhausted.

I had a HORRIBLE day at work it started with a black cat crossing my path and an oil light coming on in my car on my way to work. Then the following 12 hours included a fight with our QA manager and several break downs of my machine. I did not go to pilates because I was way to out of it. I had dinner (and over my calories) and a drink. I didn't get hardly any water in. Well OK. Tomorrow I have NO work so I get to run and I will get my WEED in with no problem
Old 11-10-2009, 08:19 AM   #10  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Good morning girls! Feeling pretty great this morning. I am wearing a pair of jeans I haven't worn in a few years. Not sure if I just didn't try them or they didn't fit, but they fit now, look pretty cute, and I am WEARING them!

W-3-4 Liters
E-GYM TODAY. (LOL at eating the gazelle, I didn't think of that one) We're starting a Biggest Loser contest at the gym so I'm motivated to get on board with that.
E- Will post later, turns out I'm in a bigger hurry than I thought!
D- Keep things in perspective. Yep, I'll explain that one later too. I've had some real changes in perspective the last few days. It helps me realize what I do have and how things really aren't as bad as I've made them seem.

Love to all. Mindy, I hope you are okay. I've been thinking about you a lot lately. Remember, nothing you're going through or feeling can shock me too much. It might help to get it off your chest. I suffered with my secrets for way too long and was liberated by talking about it.

xo Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 08:46 AM   #11  
Portion Control

Good Morning.

Welcome Patchwork.

I successfully did my WEED yesterday. Woohoo started the ironing!

Today's WEED -

W - 64 oz.
E - 1 hour of cardio
E - 1200 - 1300 calories
D - train the dog in the backyard

Going to have trouble with dinner tonight as I have a meeting where it will be provided. I might try to eat before the meeting if I have enough time.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:02 AM   #12  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Morning all! I'm not sure why I'm up this early on a day I don't have to be up, but I'm awake so here I am.

Thanks for the Welcomes!

W- I don't measure; I just drink! I drink milk in the morning and water throughout the rest of the day. I have huge plastic 'takeout drinks' in each room that I refill from pitchers in the fridge.

E-Kettlebell Bootcamp DVD I received yesterday!

E-Don't go over calories! and make sensible choices!

D- remember to check to-do list!

Popcorn, What kind of dog? and what kind of training?

Michelle, congrats on the jeans!

Jcatron, I hope you have a much better day today.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:14 AM   #13  
Portion Control

Harry is an Old English Sheepdog. We are training in agility. To that end I am picking up clicker training to assist. He tends to get overly excited when we are at a trial.

I am waiting for a new exercise DVD in the mail. I hoped it would motivate me.

Last edited by PopcornGal; 11-10-2009 at 09:14 AM.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:21 AM   #14  
Calorie Counter

Michelle, isn't it nice when your husband realizes what you need before you do? Jeans you haven't worn in years is so nice And Have a great time at the gym!

Popcorn~one of the tricks of losing weight and keeping it off is learning how to deal with situations that food is involved. Ok that is almost all situations. You did great, eat and have fun but be aware of what you are eating and dont fall into the habit of overeating.

Amy~I hope you get to Tahoe, you deserve it! can I come with you?

Zoochick~Hope you survived the Tropical Storm. Any chance of getting a back up workout (like a video) on days you aren't able to get outside?

Emily~I am glad you are giving up the soda. Really you will see such a HUGE difference in your weight loss. Maybe not so much on the scale but your body shape will change.

Mindy~

Patchwork~jump in everyday if you can. Work on each day at a time! I cant wait to get to know you. I will have a much better day today, I am off today. Things will get better at work some days are just more stressful than others.

Getting ready for a wonderful day today. After I get Makenna to school I will do my workout After that I think I am going to play it lazy. I will get some vacuuming done but that may be all.

Saw 139 on the scale again today its been what 6 weeks since I saw that low? I hope it stays this time!

W 80 oz
E 35 minutes of cardio 25 minutes strenghth training.
E 1200 clean cals, try to eat consistantly like I do at work.
D rest today.

Last edited by jcatron243; 11-10-2009 at 09:25 AM.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:30 AM   #15  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Here comes the bride....

Morning girls!

I am seriously zoning out these last few days. Overwhelmed, overexcited, over stressed. (Mtiggie – I am having a lovely mid-cycle cycle ~ racking it up to stress). Thursday is the big day. I made my bouquet this weekend in between a bbq birthday at our house, sick kids, sick fiancé and stir crazy dog all demanding my attention. I needed a rest night last night, and so I just kinda dropped out, and didn’t go to class. I will be there tonight, and gotta get my food back under control this week. So….

Week 1 198.8
Week 2 197.4

Nchellie – I love the spiritual side of you! There is such peace that comes with laying worries at God’s feet, and such hope that comes with knowing you can get through anything with God at your side! Yay for hubby too~ and smaller pants!

POPCORN~ Holy Weight Loss Batman! Nice work!!!!

HolyT - I have been doing all my starchy carbs at lunch or before. Really seems to move the scale for me. Something you might consider. I do fibrous carbs at night. I have a list of whats considered what if ya want me to send it to ya.

Zoo – Congrats on hitting your weight target this week! Hope you score well on that test too!

Emiloots – I am a Diet Pepsi junkie too. I think I have had 4 in the last 4 weeks. But I find I don’t finish them, and yes the headache thing is SOOOOO true. Good for you for being strong….. now STAY OUTTA THE CANDY! Pick up a pack of gum (sugarless of course!)

Mtiggie - Good attitude woman. There is positive waiting to bloom from the challenges in your world! Nice weigh in though! Tough way to get there. Chin up!

Patch – WELCOME! Jump in. Pick something to do that is good for you just for today. Get your water in, or take a nice walk. Just One thing… you will find your motivation, and energy increase day by day! We’re glad you’re here…. And I love me some venison!

Jen – Sounds like you needed the break from exercise land by the end of the day. Glad you took it and hope today is better. 130’s eh… YOU ROCK!

Okay – I think I need to get to my day. Will check back in with you all later!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote