General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-09-2009, 12:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Default What is your favorite coffee?

Well, thanks to one of my coffee favorites...... here it is WAY past my bed time and I am soooooo not sleepy! I thought it would be appropriate for me to start a thread about coffee.

What are your favorites? Have you tweaked them since starting the WL journey?

One of my favorites (not today's culprit) is an Almond Joy Latte. It is sooo wonderful. I have had it altered to fit my healthy lifestyle, but even at that, I have to limit it to once a week (well, I don't have to..... I just don't want to drink all my calories/points).
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 05:23 AM   #2  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

dunkin donuts regular. pretty simple tastes. no flavors or anything fancy... just DD with a little cream, and a little sugar.

I only drink it occasionally though, so it's a treat when I have it with sugar. I usually don't drink my morning coffee with sugar.
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 06:03 AM   #3  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

I am a purist so I drink espresso (black), coffee (black) or once a day a triple tall non-fat Latte. I work for SBUX and my favorite whole bean coffee is Kenya which I brew daily with a french press. I never have been a real fan of sugary, milky drinks, which I guess is a good thing, so I don't have to tweak my coffee at all!
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:03 AM   #4  

What a perfect post as I sit here with my morning cup of coffee!

I'm partial to the Archer Farms (Target's house brand) Cinnamon Vanilla Nut ground coffee. It's only around $6 a bag and has just the right amount of spice to it. I doctor mine with a little low fat milk and some splenda, and it's really indulgent for very, very few calories.
Sweet Sissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:10 AM   #5  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Folgers ~ Yuban ~ Maxwell House

all the same to me and I drink a ton of it daily.....black
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:51 AM   #6  

Height: 5'6"

I like DD coffee, just the plain regular roast. I drink it daily, from home and from the DD down the street. Black or with a splash of soy milk. I've tried cheaper and more expensive brands, and keep going back to DD.

On a side note, the best coffee I've ever had in my entire life was at a lodge in Alaska. It was a special blend from beans they got at a local coffee shop in the Fjords. They didn't sell it, but they were nice enough to let me take a plastic baggie home with me. The thought of that coffee makes my mouth water still, and I pitched a fit when I used up the last of it after we got home.

DH and I would move to Alaska - me for the coffee, him for the beer. We live in the Midwest and the beer he loves can't be shipped here, so we're both stuck without our tasty favorites.
bacilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:43 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

thanks for the inputs.......

I forgot to tell you my favorite 0 point coffee. It is from San Fransico Bread Company (next door to our office). Southern Pecan, with 4 equal, and a dash of cinnamon. I love it. And that is my weekday coffee. I also like Cracker Barrels. They sell a pumpkin pecan kind, but I have not tried it yet.....

bacilli, for the drinks. I can imagine me telling my DH.... I want to move to Alaska for the coffee....... I would probably have to go single

Thanks for the input ladies and gentleman!
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:04 AM   #8  
Changing behaviours

Height: 5'7"

Tall, non-fat, extra-hot latte - Starbucks all the way! I heard someone on the radio talking about the success of Sbux, he said something like, "Warm milk, oral satisfaction, how could it go wrong??"
Fressca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:18 AM   #9  

Height: 5'9"

If you ever make it to Canada, you must try Tim Horton's coffee. Mmmm. My favourite.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:30 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I like French Roast ,I grind my own beans. Black coffee and strong. I hate, hate, hate, instant coffee !!!!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:55 AM   #11  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Tall, Skinny, Pumpkin Spice latte from Starbucks
Carmel NF cappacinno from MCDs
Pumpkin Spice Cap from Speedway Gas Station
Pumpkin Spice Cap from Circle K
Carmel Mocchioto (sp) from Circle K

None are diet friendly, but once in a while I WANT one!~!

Otherwise, Any black coffee with NF cream.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:19 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

I don't usually buy coffee... I get it for free at work. We have a "Nespresso" espresso machine, and if you set it to the highest cup size, it basically just makes a really strong cup of coffee. Sometimes I drink it black, sometimes I add one of those little tubs of half & half, sometimes I use half of a Splenda packet.

Flavored coffees are good, I guess, but I don't like drinking my calories - if a cup of coffee costs me more than 30 calories, I'm not willing to work it into my day.

There are lots of local places with really good coffee here (we've got Gimme! Coffee, in case anyone from NYC knows them). I do like coffee from Dunkin' Donuts, and McDonalds. Tim Horton's is ok in a pinch. You would have to pay ME to drink Starbucks brewed coffee.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:28 AM   #13  
Registered Nut

S/C/G: 325/325/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvja View Post
If you ever make it to Canada, you must try Tim Horton's coffee. Mmmm. My favourite.

Mmmm Timmy's is the best... we have it in michigan too.
RN BSN 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:57 PM   #14  
Call me Finki =)

S/C/G: 400/300/155

My favorite is my own coffee from my Keurig brewer. I pop in a K-cup and in 30sec. have a yummy cup of hot coffee. You can go on line and order several different brands and flavors for pennies a cup. Right now my favorite is the pumpkin spice with a splash of 1/2 & 1/2. I have never liked sugar in my coffee so that is a plus for me.
I will splurge about twice a month and buy a sugar free iced coffee from McDonald's with only half the sweet.
Gelene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 01:15 PM   #15  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

I usually drink DD too. A great instant coffee is Bustello, it's more of an instant espresso. I usually have to put a little sugar in that, I drink my regular coffee with milk no sugar.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote