Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2002, 06:35 PM   #1  
Slowly going crazy!

Default Not new...but checking in.

I know I haven't posted much, probably due to the fact that I haven't had much in the way of weight loss happen to me for a while.
I keep gaining and losing the same 12 pounds.

Well, after researching Weight Loss Surgery for over a year, I decided to go that route, but not the 'Gastric Bypass'. Instead I am having lap-band surgery done on Wednesday the 18th of this month.

I am self-paying for this, and heading down to Mexico for my surgery.

I just thought I would let you know, since you all have been so supportive of me the past few years, even in the little bit that I have posted here.

I'm hanging out on the WLS board here at 3fc's and I always post to my journal, (It's my WWW link on my profile).

I'll let you all know how it goes. Good luck to all of you in your weight loss goals.
Old 12-13-2002, 07:35 AM   #2  
hot mom wanna be!

I just wanted to say good luck to you! I think I like the lap band surgery idea a lot better than the gastric bypass. I know you will do great and look forward to hearing about your sucess!
laura
313/238.5/160
Old 12-13-2002, 11:09 AM   #3  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Good luck to you!! Wishing you success and a speedy recovery. Please pop in and let us know how it goes.
Old 12-13-2002, 03:29 PM   #4  

*HUGS AMY*

Girl, you sure have been missed. I am glad to hear your doing well and well on you're way to a new you. Remember, you have friends here. Please check in with us after your surgery. I will keep you in my thoughts. Best Wishes Always! *HUGS*

Old 12-13-2002, 06:01 PM   #5  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Please be careful in Mexico! Make sure your surgeon is reputable and well-trained....I have heard so many horror stories!

I'm not trying to scare you out of it; I'm just urging you to thoroughly investigate.
Old 12-13-2002, 06:32 PM   #6  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I'm from San Diego, like a half an hour away from Mexico. I came from the midwest with all the same horror stories. They're really not as prevelant as we've all been told. I worked next door to a plastic surgeon for years and this young girl (my age) had her breast's reduced and she showed me. I was stunned. It was the best breast reduction I had ever seen. Minimal scarring, good shape, quick recovery. So, I had to have the surgeon's name... he was in Mexico! I couldn't believe it. But the more I talked to people the more I found out that there were a lot of great surgeon's in Mexico and they charge about 1/3 of what we charge up here. There's just a stigma attached to it.
Old 12-13-2002, 08:32 PM   #7  
Slowly going crazy!

JacobsMommy, Lorelei1 and Jenniffer: Thank you for your support.

Jennelle: Not to worry. I've researched this for a while and am going to a reputable doctor. The docs here in my area have been trained by the Mexican doctors, so I figured why go to the student and pay twice as much, when I can go to the teacher for 1/2 the price. More experience = better surgery results.

Jessica: we are flying to SanDiego on Tuesday, surgery is with Dr. Kuri in Tijuana on Wednesday. I agree about the stigma. The hospital is not a 10 story one with all the modern looks of it. But rather is run by nuns, all the modern equipment, but only holds roughly 16 patients. I hear the care is excellant tho. (hopefully my basic spanish will get me by) *LOL* My doc speaks excellent english as well.

Last edited by csbutton; 12-13-2002 at 08:35 PM.
Old 12-14-2002, 04:23 PM   #8  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Good luck to you!!
Closed Thread