South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 06:11 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Yahoo! It's the Weekend!

It's pretty cold out there at -2ºC/27ºF but is going to be sunny for a change. We are badly in need of "Indian Summer" so I can get the final outdoor clean-up jobs done.

Today is the day of the big Yard Sale at the Legion Hall. I got everything set up in an hour last night and price stickers on it all. Some of the stuff is priced a bit high for this kind of sale but I can always come down. Our local antique dealer will be there bright and early but I won't be dropping prices for her. The really good stuff has gone to the more upscale dealer in the next town. It's amazing the amount of stuff I've cleared out!

Tomorrow is early Church and then our Village Remembrance Day service at 11. I have to lay a wreath at the cenotaph and need to get out a warm coat - my barn coat is not classy enough for this event.

It's been a very busy week and I'm looking forward to a more gentle one next week when I've caught my breath!

What's happening in your space of this big wide world?
Old 11-07-2009, 07:01 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Ruth, we're only 1 degree warmer than you at 28* this morning. We're all getting bundled up to go out for breakfast. I wish you well on your sale today and hope you make lots of money for the church roof!

I had Amber and Carley spend the night last night, and we all stayed up late watching movies. I can hear them moving around upstairs already, though, and expect them to come racing downstairs soon, so this will be quick.

Jake is taking us all out for breakfast this morning, and we're planning to spend the rest of the day at home, dealing with the ton of leaves in the back yard.

Jake just went upstairs and scared the daylights out of the girls. Here they come now! I'll be back later!
Old 11-07-2009, 07:31 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's 27 here too.

Ruth - I really hope we get another warm spell. For now I'm just glad there's no snow and the sun is out.

Cottage - A yard day sounds like fun, if it warms up a little Any special dinner plans?

Today is a chore and relaxing day around here. Tomorrow we plan to do something fun that includes bird watching. We slept in a little so I'm just starting to wake up.

What's on tap for your weekend?
Old 11-07-2009, 08:22 AM   #4  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Oh, man, I was chilly when I got up, but not THAT chilly...
you ladies have a lot more fortitude than me!! I HATE cold weather and the 40's here this morning is quite enough for me!

Today is our Relay for Life walk. That's our school fundraiser for the year. We raise money for it all year long. Had to make batches and batches of cookies night before last to sell at the relay. I really don't understand the logic of shoving cookies loaded with sugar down people throats to raise money for cancer research when it is a known fact that sugar and white flour isn't the best thing in regards to cancer, but I don't think they (the committee) really gets it. I just shut up and baked the damn cookies...

Last edited by femmecreole; 11-07-2009 at 08:52 AM.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:44 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone

This daylight savings has been a PITA for me. I used to wake up at 3am and call it an early start. Now it's 2am which seems to still be middle of the night. I put my early time to good use-I forced the troops to get up for the "bugle call"-"I'm packing the car and heading to the pool!" The trip was great (2 hrs) and we were here before 6. What looked like a dull and boring weekend at 2 is now filled with fun; farmers market, pool, church, bike ride, friends and healthy living!

It's about 40 here, but I don't mind. Sorry to hear of the chilly weather for some of you beach chickies.

Ruth, I hope you CAN look forward to a quieter week after this sale is over. I, too, have some additional yardwork but it can wait....have a great day.

Cottage, have a great BD! I'm sure it will warm up a bit later. Enjoy your Saturday breakfast out!

Cyndi, enjoy your day at home. Where are you going birding? I forgot to tell you but I saw a Kingfisher by the Colorado River last week. I can't identify many birds but he was beautiful!

Cat, it's always good to hear from you on the weekend. I don't get it either-my Sis who is recovering from breast cancer has such a hard time staying off the sugar-folks just DON'T get it. Enjoy your weekend away from work.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:14 AM   #6  
hand to mouth disease?

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

We have a beautiful Arbor...ya somethin Society park 15 minutes from our house that allows leashed dogs. It's basically well maintained and marked hiking trails. Our dogs loved it. Smelled like deer and all kinds of beasties on the path (much different than our back yard).

I'm hoping the antibiotics will kick in today and I'll be able to get some exercise or even go outside in the cold (every time I start to breathe deeply I start to cough). On the good side, I've lost 3 pounds since Tuesday!

Weeb
Old 11-07-2009, 03:28 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/175

We went to the farmers market this morning and I bought some fresh local veggies and some oragnice whole wheat bread made without sugar, fat or eggs. Its tasty. I had a small bit. I also got some homemade sugar free strawberry jam.
Had a good time and walked ALOT. Not really sure what we have planned for the rest of the day.
Hope everyone is having a great day.
Old 11-07-2009, 04:44 PM   #8  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone,
I haven't left you but I have been to sick to check in. Starting to feel better.
I know it isn't H1N1 because I don't have a fever or anykind of upset stomach but have been coughing a lot and had a sore throat. Hopefully it will get better because I don't even know if the dr. will see me or send me to an assessment clinic where I don't want to go and really pick up something worse.
take care
Sophie
Old 11-08-2009, 05:40 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Happy Sunday

Yesterday was spectacular and I'm looking forward to one more. Lots of friends and fun. This morning we're meeting two of our "Heeling Partners" friends at 7 to walk our pups by the Colorado River, then we'll head right to church. I'm sure the pool will fit in somewhere. My big step was buying ski boots! I'm going to ski a few times this year.

Sophie and Weebs-Hope you are both feeling better soon!
Silly-SF Strawberry Jam sounds wonderful!

I'll check back in and say hello to all you early risers!
Old 11-08-2009, 06:15 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning from still dark Delta where we are enjoying a balmy 46ºF morning with a high of 55ºF thisa fternoon! This has to be Indian summer.

Your day sounds great, Debbie. Isn't it wonderful to live in a beautiful part of the world? It's hunting season around here so I won't be doing any country walking today with my doggage. The guys are nuts out there and pretty trigger happy so it's not worth it.

Church, the Remembrance Day service and then the day is mine! I just may get my outside stuff done today. I am really looking forward to a relaxing afternoon and to a week that looks pretty free except for gym three mornings. My cold thingy is still hanging on and I intend to get rid of it completely in the coming week week with extra rest and clean eating!

By the way, November 11 is called Remembrance Day here and we all wear poppies and thing of the soldiers who died in the wars. I think it's much like Veterans' Day in the States.

Enjoy your Sunday!
Old 11-08-2009, 07:10 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It's looking bright and sunny here today, and we're supposed to enjoy warmer temps all this week.

Yesterday ended up being a very busy day with a houseful of kids and grandkids. I would have liked to enjoy a nice quiet dinner out, but instead I made a big dinner for everyone. It was noisy, but nice. Today should be a lot quieter, and there's a fridge full of leftovers for supper.

Thank you all so much for the birthday greeetings! It means a lot to me.
Old 11-08-2009, 07:35 AM   #12  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Hey, it's only 35 here, how did that happen?!

Debbie - Sounds like a lovely day. Congratulations on the ski boots. If you live where there's snow you have to make the most of it!

Ruth - Wow, a relaxing week ahead - is it possible?! Hope your warm temps make it down here today.

Cottage - Someone should have made you a big dinner last night! Glad you had a nice day with the family and a lovely birthday celebration.

Sophie & Weebles - hope today is a healing day for you both and you're back up and about.

Silly - sounds like a great farmer's market and some tasty finds.

Cat - all those fundraisers with candy and cookies drive me crazy.

Looks like a mellow at home day for us. DP (DW?! haven't got that one all settled in my brain yet!) wasn't feeling 100% yesterday so we decided a long day with lots of exercise might not be the best thing. We do have Wed. off so will probably go then. I got quite a bit done yesterday and will get more done today. Lots of goodies for the week and some extra for my friends with the new business. I think I will get out and finish off more of the garden beds. I've got a few last greens out there that might be dinner.

Hope the sin is shining and everyone is healthy where you are.
Old 11-08-2009, 07:47 AM   #13  
hand to mouth disease?

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Got really motivated yesterday and cleaned/cleared our TV room, moved the furniture around so that 2 people can do exercise in the room and did day 1 of the 30 day shred with my 12 yo daughter. WOOO! I thought I was going to die. I took two unauthorized 10-second breaks, but I didn't cheat on the pushups or anything. She cheated on the pushups, and my weights were heavier... she went bragging to daddy about how she did the whole thing and I panted and had to take breaks. Oh well, I'm sick, and at least she was encouraged. Brat!

I am feeling SO much better this morning thanks to antibiotics and mucinex (I can't say enough about mucinex! It's a wonder drug!)

I leave shortly for church, when I get home (3pm or so), my daughter and I are going to do day 2 of the 30 day shred, I have to study Greek, and I hope we get a chance to walk our dogs as well (unless I'm just pooped from the shred...)

Weeb
Old 11-08-2009, 08:10 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/175

Good morning ladies. Been up since about 6:30 because kitten decided it was time for mommy to clean the litter box. Don't have a whole lot planned for today. Cleaning house and grocery shopping sounds to be about it. Eating breakfast now.
Hope everyone has a terrific day.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:11 PM   #15  
Becoming.

S/C/G: 282/266.1/165

Height: 5'3

Hi everyone! Just a quick drop-in.

I don't know whats goin on with my body but I seem to still be getting smaller in inches even though the scale doesn't seem to be moving. *shrugs* I'll take it.

Watchin the Packer game right now and relaxin.

Have a great rest of your weekend!
Closed Thread