Old 11-07-2009, 12:14 PM   #1  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Default 30 Somethings Weekend Chat 11/7-11/8

Happy Weekend Chickies!

What do you all have planned? I have a big FAT NOTHING planned for today. I have some bread baking, and am watching my two favorite shows on SyFy Rerun. They air on Friday night on cable, but I can watch them on Saturday for free on the net.

DH took the couch again so I could get some sleep for once. Baby boy slept from 10pm - 3am. Those 5 hours were BLISS. He was up and down for a couple of hours til 5am (stuffy nose, fussy boy) then we both slept til 8am. Feeling pretty good today!

Tomorrow DH has an opportunity for over time at a retail store in the same city my Mom lives in. We will be traveling and spending time with mom while DH works 1-6p. Glad for the opportunity, makes for a busy Sunday. The kids are singing at church in the morning, we'll leave after that.

I bought some cold cuts and a rotisserie chicken at the grocery store last night. That, some fruits and veggies and home made Honey Flax bread should be fine for a relaxing no stress meal plan for the weekend.
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 01:08 PM   #2  

Morton Pixie - Home made bread sounds amazing... maybe I'll get ambitious today! I'm glad it's a stress free weekend for you.

A few days ago I posted that my son was sick and the Doctor told me not to bother bringing him in. Well... his fever broke that night and I followed the advice the Doc gave me over the phone. I can see my son is over the hump and is on his way to feeling better. (He is certainly on his way to getting into trouble!)
I was able to get out of the house for a bit and go to our local library. They were having a huge book sale, and all the books were only $.50! I was able to stock up on kids books. I almost felt like I was stealing!
We have no other plans for the weekend... my husband is stuck working from home. But the weather is too beautiful to stay inside and I think some fresh air would do my little boy some good. I think it's a nice weekend to have nothing planned.
kaybelle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 03:00 PM   #3  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

kaybelle - so glad to hear that your little one is feeling better! I am sorry that they were son nonchalaunt with you...it's scary when your baby is sick, no matter how old they are! I am a mother of 4 and still take LO to the doc "for no reason" from time to time. You just do what you think is right at the time.

Beautiful day here as well - just kicked the big kids outside. The little ones are still napping. My old back is hurting to much to lie down. I did get about 20 minutes, though. Think I'll try making some cookies with splenda instead of sugar. Bread machine is still going - trying to make some to freeze now as well.

Where IS everyone? To busy to post, I see.
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 03:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 206/189.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Well, it's about 2:30 in the afternoon here in OOoooookkklahhhoooommmaaa where the wind is blowing hard! We just walked in from the zoo and park. Got up early, made a quiche (never done that before) and loaded all 4 kids and a picnic up in the van and took off. DH works every Saturday, so it was just us.....We spent about 2 hours at the zoo, and then went to the park and had our picnic, and spent about 3 hours there. The kids are wiped out my plan exactly. I wanna go outside and wash the van, it's been forever since it's been washed, and today is just TOO beautiful to be inside anymore than I have to. Then tonight I'll go to a surprise birthday party for a girl from church.

Tomorrow? church, home, lunch, nap, church, home baths and BED!!! Gotta get ready for school tomorrow

kaybell-glad your LO is feeling better, my 4yoDS Noah, was sick for almost 2 weeks he spent 3 nights in the hospital because he was so dehydrated, it was horrible.

mortonpixie-bread sounds so YUMMY especially homemade bread, but i'm doing atkins guess i'll have to wait, i'm still in induction...have fun visiting w/ your mom!

Last edited by lots2go; 11-07-2009 at 03:39 PM. Reason: because i cannot spell ;)
lots2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:59 PM   #5  
This means war...

S/C/G: 277/237/199

Height: 5'2"

is it the weekend? I hadn't noticed. I was at work almost all day, and then as soon as I got home my BFF showed up so we could work up the obituary for her Dad and a photo slide show. 69 year old men end up with alot of pictures of themselves.

Food wise today was eh. While at work my boss bought my son some chinese food and I munched on that. I went to the bar last night with my boyfriend and I was so hung over this morning that I didn't eat till the chinese food came on the scene. Bad bad bad.

And, there was no time for working out. Maybe I'll do a cardio dvd tonight...if I can manage to turn off the Gilmore Girls...the library got ALL fo the seasons on DVD and my "editor" at the library called me and actually made me squeal with delight.

I don't usually internet on the weekends when I'm at home, because I try and stay focused on the house and my son. But, he's grounded and cleaning his room right now, so I snuck on to the computer...lol...grounding can be a good thing for worn out Mommy's.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. Hopefully tomorrow will give me some time to actually relax.
Mango30 is offline   Reply With Quote