South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 06:24 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Default Finally Friday Chat

Good morning ladies.
It's FINALLY FRIDAY!!
I have a busy day ahead of me. I have a conference in Wilmington today so I have to head out of the house earlier than usual. Atleast I don't have to go to work. I'd be angry if I did. We are supposed to be released from that around 1:30. We'll see how that works out.
Its date night tonight, not sure what we are doing yet. We'll probably go out to dinner and then rent some movies...We shall see.
Our weekend is looking busy too...what was I thinking? LOL

I hope everyone has a GREAT day!! talk to you all later.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:38 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Tonight sounds like fun, Silly. I hope you get out of your meeting early so you can get a jump start on the weekend.

Strange happenings around here. I have a very old pendulum mantle clock that hasn't worked for years - since 1985, at least. Yesterday Donna dusted it and it has begun to run again. It's bonging out the hours and the dogs are not pleased. I guess it appreciated being dusted!

Gym at 7:30 and then outside work until noon. This afternoon will be spent loading sale items into the car so I can take them to the Legion hall tonight to set up for tomorrow's sale. Five families are having a bit of an upscale yard sale and I'm getting rid of a lot of extras. I may not come up for air until late tomorrow afternoon!

I hope your Friday is productive and you have some energy and enthusiasm left to celebrate the weekend!
Old 11-06-2009, 06:51 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Good Morning

Thanks for getting us started, SillyFluff. I hope your day is stress free and that your Friday Date Night turns out fun!

Ruth, interesting about the clock. We, too, have an old one that's a bit annoying to the doggies. It sure is a pain to move all that excess baggage around, so hopefully it stays away. Have a great day!

Me, working on my usual stuff. We had a great day yesterday and I'm hoping for another. We're taking the doggies up to the old school track this morning for exercise before I have to go to work. I don't know what will happen later-I suppose I'll come up with some new project in this very old house. I'm off to prepare some chicken I bought yesterday. It's pretty warm out so I think we'll have a nice day.

I'll be back to check in. Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-06-2009, 06:56 AM   #4  
Be happy.

Good morning!
Silly, I hope your conference goes well, drive safely! And enjoy your date night.

Mystery clock, eh Ruth? I've got a couple of things around here that aren't working - maybe I'll do a little dusting this weekend. (Heidi resists the urge to joke about dusting her husband.... )

Snow on the ground and on the trees this morning but not enough to shovel or even sweep. This is the kind of snow I like.

My dad turned 77 yesterday. I'm heading to Massachusetts after school today to celebrate. I'm going to stop for supper on the way, so I won't have to try to adapt one of my mom's starchy (but delicious) meals. Breakfast will be easy, so Saturday lunch is all I need to worry about. I'm hoping my dad will feel good enough to let me take them out for lunch, that will be a treat and will make it easier for me to eat OP. Either way, I'm looking forward to the visit and I feel very blessed to be able to celebrate birthday 77 with my dad.

Have a great Friday!

Hi Debbie - you sneaked that post in while I was typing. lol

Last edited by Heidi58; 11-06-2009 at 06:57 AM.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:11 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning We had a GNO (girls night out) last night so I'm a little sleepy this morning.

Silly - Sounds like a fun date night

Ruth - Hope the garden time is relaxing as the rest of the next two days are hectic as usual

Debbie - glad yesterday was a good day. Could you send a little of that warm weather our way?

Heidi - I drove through some of that light snow yesterday up in the mountains. Sounds like a smart dinner plan. Hope the visit with the folks is fun and the drive is smooth.

Should be a mellow office day today. We are having a stuffing party this afternoon to help the development team get a mailing out. Tonight a friend of ours is playing at the pub up the road so we're going out again. I rarely go out twice a month so two nights in a row might kill me

Hope your Friday is smooth sailing all the way to Friday night!
Old 11-06-2009, 07:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning ladies!

I'm finally sitting down to enjoy my morning coffee after a whirlwind of cleaning. While I was in the shower, I noticed a little mildew in a corner, and that got me started. I hate mildew, but now it's banished and the bathroom is sparkling again. I feel quite pleased, all this before coffee.

Have fun on your date, Silly. I hope your conference lets out on time so you can get on with your weekend!

Ruth, I hope you have a successful yard sale tomorrow. We didn't do too bad on our last one, but I decided that would be our last sale. I hate having them, but do enjoy going to them. I hope the weather cooperates!

Debbie, I'm glad you had a nice day yesterday, and enjoyed your picnic lunch. How did that pie turn out? Do you make a crust for it? I'm sure you'll have no problem at all finding a project for today.

Heidi, wish your dad a Happy Birthday from me! This is a big birthday month in my family. This past week we celebrated my mother's and sister-in-law's, and mine is tomorrow. And my youngest brother's is at the end of the month. Have a safe trip, and a nice birthday lunch tomorrow!

Cyndi, I wish I could join you and your friends for Pub night! I hope your day sails by smoothly!

I'm enjoying the day off. I just have a little housecleaning to finish up this morning, but the rest of the day is for play! I'm meeting Monica and Carley for lunch, then Carley is coming home with me to spend the weekend. I'm sure we'll find lots of fun things to do.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:27 AM   #7  

TGIF!
I'm a little bit stressed out today. I've just drawn up a budget for now until December when my job contract finishes up and it's looking very tight. I'm going away to Germany with my Mum for Xmas then onto Paris, and it's looking like i'll only have about £1500. Not the amount I would have liked, and I will then somehow have to come back to London and find a place to stay and a job with no money... so i'm pretty worried.
I don't think i'll be able to afford south beaching, as it's looking like tinned soup and baked beans for me again.

Sigh.

Tonight I think I will just hang out with the girls, watch some movies and find a way to get some cash together. I've even got my birthday in there too which we haven't planned for, and I think i'll have to borrow a dress from one of them rather than buy a new one. Which kind of takes away from the birthday special-ness.

Over the weekend I plan to go to one of the many free museums in London, the Imperial War Museum which is just up the street from me. They have a holocaust exhibition on right now is meant to be great.

Everyone sounds like they are set for really fun weekends! It's getting to that busy fun time of yearrrr!!!!!!
Old 11-06-2009, 08:54 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Well, I just lost my post and I am not rewriting it.

Meelsie :hugs: hope you find a way to stretch your budget.

Hope everyone has a great day, after school we are leaving for Branson and it is supposed to be a gorgeous weekend Sunny and 75 I will take it. See everyone on Monday
Old 11-06-2009, 11:48 AM   #9  
Becoming.

S/C/G: 282/266.1/165

Height: 5'3

It's gorgeous out today!! wow. I have to enjoy it because I know that winter weather is just around the corner.

My roomie had to stay again at the hospital last night. She wasn't keeping anything down... even ice chips. But she's eating now so she should be discharged sometime today and she will be home minus 1 gall bladder.

My sweetie should be heading in tonight from Denver... but his job is giving him the run around about the time off now. UGH. Keep your fingers crossed!

I will be spending the day cleaning up the house and yard, doing a little grocery shopping and laundry. Gotta be ready if he comes in tonight!

The job that I got called about looked my info over and have sent me a pre-employment personality test so hopefully I will "pass" ROFL and be able to procure an interview.

I'm feeling lazy and have much to do.. so I'm gonna skip the personals today. I hope you don't mind I hope we all have an awesome Friday!
Old 11-06-2009, 03:38 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/175

Well I just got home and my conference was amazing. They treated us to lunch on a boat and we toured the Cape Fear River. It was nice. The food was pretty good. I ate ONE dinner roll (I have a hard time passing them up) but I walked away from the chocolate chip cookies and the peanut butter cookies...I'm proud of myself for that. The rest of what I ate (minus the small amount of dressing they had) was OP. And it was a nice walk downtown to and from the boat.
My honey is not home from work yet so I can atleast get laundry started. Not sure what we are going to do for dinner tonight but I know we are gonna rent some movies.
I hope everyone had a great day!
Old 11-06-2009, 05:09 PM   #11  

Last night I had to back up my team leader and just as I was getting off Facebook to go to bed my pager went off. That took a couple of hours so I ended up with very little sleep. I have nothing special planned tonight and really need to get to bed early. Tomorrow morning one of the boys in Brian's scout troop is getting dropped off at the house at 5:30 and we're all heading to east Texas. The boys are staffing the climbing tower and I'm teaching about drama at Webelos Woods (4th and 5th grade boys). I'm not sure yet if we are going to stay for the campfire to see the skits but we'll be home sometime between 8 and 10:30 pm. Anyway you look at it after driving over 4 hours total and teaching seven 45 minutes session, we are all going to be tired.
Closed Thread