Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-23-2009, 10:06 AM   #1  

Unhappy O.m.g Adviced Time! :/

i been working out for moren then two weeks already and i gained 2 lbs! all i do its cardio i eat right small portions of food and i havent eat junk!.....I'm confused just like my body

Last edited by gabbyluv; 10-23-2009 at 10:06 AM.
gabbyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:27 AM   #2  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

Have you been tracking your calories and what you are eating? Maybe you are really consuming more calories than you think? What are you doing for cardio and how long?
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:28 AM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Are you tracking calories? What are you eating? Can you put up a typical daily menu? Also what are you doing for cardio? How long?
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 215/199/180

Height: 5'8"

As others have said, diet and calories will matter much more than exercise when it comes to weight loss. Not to say exercise isn't important but I've always hit the gym and workout regularly whether I was 250 lbs or 165 lbs. Only when I started to count calories and control my eating did I lose weight.
KDuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:52 AM   #5  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Is that a current picture of yourself in your avatar? If so, you look amazing. Are you comfortable sharing your height and weight?

Last edited by Lori Bell; 10-23-2009 at 11:55 AM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:39 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/162.4/130

Height: 5'6

you know it could be water weight. SInce you started working out if you are not drinking more than enough water then your body will try to retain it because it will think it is going in drought mode.

So drink atleast 10 glasses of water everyday. Water means water. It doesnt include juice etc. You body has receptors for everything you put in it. When you put pure water only then the body recognizes it as water. Otherwise juice etc are ok to hydrate you for a while but they are not registered as your water dose. So drink pure water.
sweettooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:51 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettooth View Post
you know it could be water weight. SInce you started working out if you are not drinking more than enough water then your body will try to retain it because it will think it is going in drought mode.
what I was going to say. If you just started working out, your muscles will hold water. If your muscles are sore it's a good sign they can be holding water
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 03:06 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBeckyV View Post
Have you been tracking your calories and what you are eating? Maybe you are really consuming more calories than you think? What are you doing for cardio and how long?
hi becky v. yes i been tracking measuring everything i put on my mouth lol... mmm i eat aprox. 1200 calories a day or less i work out for an hour at they gym i lift weight 3 times a week im losin weight now ! but its gettin soo freaking hard! thanks love
Old 11-06-2009, 03:10 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerab View Post
Are you tracking calories? What are you eating? Can you put up a typical daily menu? Also what are you doing for cardio? How long?
ok

breakfast
cereal w skim milk and a banana

snack
protein one bar

lunch
boiled chicken breast with half a cup of brown rice and half of beans

snack
apple
dinner
tuna sandwich

work out 1 hour of cardio
Old 11-06-2009, 03:11 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Bell View Post
Is that a current picture of yourself in your avatar? If so, you look amazing. Are you comfortable sharing your height and weight?
thank you im 5;1 weight 166.4!! i wanna get out of the 60's!
Old 11-06-2009, 03:12 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringmaster View Post
what I was going to say. If you just started working out, your muscles will hold water. If your muscles are sore it's a good sign they can be holding water
ohh that could be it my muscles are hurting a lot my back arms
Old 11-06-2009, 03:13 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettooth View Post

So drink atleast 10 glasses of water everyday. Water means water. It doesnt include juice etc. You body has receptors for everything you put in it. When you put pure water only then the body recognizes it as water. Otherwise juice etc are ok to hydrate you for a while but they are not registered as your water dose. So drink pure water.
thank you =} everyone!
Old 11-06-2009, 03:22 PM   #13  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

personally I think you don't eat enough for working out 1 hour a day. If you don't eat enough it can backfire on you.
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 04:53 PM   #14  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPie View Post
personally I think you don't eat enough for working out 1 hour a day. If you don't eat enough it can backfire on you.
You beat me too it. The people on the Biggest Loser may get away with 1200 calories a day, but their diets are strictly controlled by nutritionists and doctors.

This might not be popular (sorry, guys) but I'd highly suggest switching from skim milk to full fat milk. Not only will you stay fuller, but you'll easily sneak in more calories and fat.
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:36 PM   #15  
MindBodySpirit Health

S/C/G: 246/216/186

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altari View Post
The people on the Biggest Loser may get away with 1200 calories a day, but their diets are strictly controlled by nutritionists and doctors.
If a doctor or nutritionist approves a 1,200 calorie/day diet then why is it not okay for anyone that hasn't spoken to a doctor about it to eat 1,200 calories a day? I'm just confused. I guess I never really understood why it's so necessary for a doctor to say, "yes you can eat 1,200" calories, therefore, it becomes acceptable, but someone who just does it on their own is not eating enough. If it's safe for the doctor-approved people, then why would it not be safe for others?
angieaang is offline   Reply With Quote