Old 10-19-2009, 08:57 AM   #1  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 212/212/130

Height: 5'1

Default anyone go to the Bellevue NE GRC by twin creek???

I am looking to sign up tonight and wanted to get opinions on the center in Bellevue. Or if you would go out of your way to the other center. I am anxious yet really nervous to start this diet. I have no taste buds for any vegetable except lettuce and canned green beans. I know I am going to be in trouble in this department but some how I gotta get it figured out. Any info on this center would be appreciated.

Thanks!

oops I ment MRC!!! LOL!

Last edited by LaRee mother of 3; 10-19-2009 at 08:59 AM.
LaRee mother of 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 05:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 0/62/67

Height: 5'5"

I go to the Bellevue Center. I have had a great experience with the them. There is only 1 lady I could do without. Both times I saw her I felt discouraged. Most of the counselors are wonderful and take the time to listen, offer suggestions, etc. I think it also depends on what day you go. I try not to go on Friday evening or Saturday or on nights right before classes are schedule when it is crazy-busy there. You'll be fine.
E4FEwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:09 PM   #3  
rip

S/C/G: 282

Height: 5 11

I go to the Bellevue Center. The folks there are wonderful. Very encouraging and helpful. Of course there are some I like better than others but don't really mind who I get. I do notice that I get various little helpful tidbits from all of them. If I have a question and they don't know they will get with someone who does.

Sounds like you are convincing yourself that you hate most veggies. Before MRC I only ate certain veggies because like you I thought there were only a few that I liked. With lots of recipe ideas from this forum and my own experimentation I am eating veggies I never thought I would...and enjoying them. Frankly the veggies are my favorite thing to eat, there are so very many types and ways to prepare them. Open your mind to them, it just may work.

Started MRC 5/9/09
rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 233/217/180

Height: 5'9"

Hi ladies. There are so many posts about the center I just can't make it through all of them. I recently discovered the Twin Creek center and have been thinking about checking all of this out.

I am very nervous about trying it out. I drove down to the center this past Saturday but they were closing up shop for the night. One part of me wants to really do this and another part of me is just I guess scared. Number one it's a lot of money, two I am worried about failing once again, thirdly-I am worried about my compliance (I love stuff that I am not supposed to eat!)

The main reason I want this weight loss so badly is my blood sugars are getting higher and I already have high blood pressure. I wish to come off the meds and I really just want to be healthy. Of course I would love to lose the weight to look good, but right now that's at the bottom of my list for weight loss.

I am excited there are a few Nebraska people here. Makes me feel a bit better.

I was thinking about calling to setup a consultation but over course I am hedging...
harlow grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:35 PM   #5  
rip

S/C/G: 282

Height: 5 11

Harlow Grey,
The consultation will not cost you a dime so you really should think about it. I joined for health reasons and I am so glad I did. My BP is perfect and I am no longer pre-diabetic. It is a strict but healthy diet and teaches you how to eat normal. Face it, if we ate normal then we wouldn't be here in the first place. I have lost almost 70 pounds and 68 inches since May 8. This is the best thing I have ever done for myself and it has been worth it. Not to say it has been easy but definitely worth it!

I really like everyone at the Bellevue Center. They have themselves all been through the program. You wouldn't know it by looking at them but they have.

Just like most things you need to be mentally ready for the challenge. I know you can do it! Best of luck.

Started MRC 5/9/09
rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:31 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 194/151.5/135

Height: 5'4"

Sorry I didn't see this thread sooner or I would have hopped in. I too go to the Bellevue center and love it. I actually started mid-summer when I saw a couple of my neighbors looking wonderful. These are the same girls I used to walk with trying to take off the lbs. I asked what they are doing and found out that one was now working at the center and was now in stabilization. Needless to say, I could see it worked and worked well so I started up too. It's been wonderful. They are friendly. When I walk in they know who I am, which is a good feeling. They are helpful through the rough patches and I've had a good experience with them. I also love the fact they they have all been here, done this and some are still on plan.
3ducksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 10:54 PM   #7  

Thank you Rip and 3ducksmom for getting back with me. I think I am ready to do it, I really have to because of health issues. I just know i have the worst time with the strict diets. When I'm dieting or changing my eating habits that's when I start getting my cravings.

Regardless, I think I want to try it out. Hopefully, I can get in this week.

Thanks ladies and I wish you continued success.

Harlow
Old 11-05-2009, 12:13 AM   #8  

Well I hopped into the deep end of the pool today. It's very scary and there is this sense of sadness that I don't know where it's coming from. Plus I don't have the vision to see how losing weight is going to change my life other than to be healthier.

The one good thing I am happy about is my goal isn't going to be 100 pounds like I thought it would be. My goal is to be 63lbs lighter and I should reach it by the 1st week of April.

Tomorrow is a new day. Here's to happy and safe losing.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:14 AM   #9  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 212/212/130

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlow grey View Post
Well I hopped into the deep end of the pool today. It's very scary and there is this sense of sadness that I don't know where it's coming from. Plus I don't have the vision to see how losing weight is going to change my life other than to be healthier.

The one good thing I am happy about is my goal isn't going to be 100 pounds like I thought it would be. My goal is to be 63lbs lighter and I should reach it by the 1st week of April.

Tomorrow is a new day. Here's to happy and safe losing.
I have been eating OP since the 25th of October and I feel great! The first few days were the toughest...and then I had a cheat on Halloween...won't do that again any time soon because it set me back a few days. Anyway, I have not hit the 10 pound loss yet but I feel great...and my clothes are fitting better!! That said...I know I am turning a curve in my life. I feel positive and I can get my wedding ring on again..comfortably! I have not done this for several years and it feels great! I think my loss is in more inches and less pounds on the scale. According to my scale (not dressed) in the morning I have lost 8 1/2 pounds in the past 12 days! So you can do this and you will see some changes in your body right away. I am the worst dieter out there. I hate veggies and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my carbs. But I am getting past that like I never thought I could. My hubby bought donuts this weekend for the boys and I did not have a single one. I was soooo very proud of myself! Trust me, if I can do this anyone can!!!

Good Luck to you...You will love the twin creek center!
LaRee mother of 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 05:38 PM   #10  

Congratulations are in order LaRee. That is awesome you can wear your wedding ring and have lost 8 1/2 pounds. Definately is not something to turn your nose at. Thank you for your words of encouragement as well. Keep up the good work.

That Right now I am pre conditioning and I don't have any menus yet. I do have a nutrition class this upcoming Friday so I am anxious to know what my eating guidelines will be. I am doing somewhat ok--kinda. I'm trying to eat better and get rid of certain things before my official class for Friday. I had a terrible day eating wise this Saturday. I ended eating out twice!!!!!!!!!! For breakfast I did ok. However the super late, late lunch all hades broke loose. I had so many things going on that my eating was so out of wack. By the time I hit the late lunch I was just ravenous and ate everything in front of me (appetizers too.) I figured at least I picked a decent meal- oven baked chicken with steamed veggies and green beans. However, I further jacked myself up by eating a few cookies.

I weighed myself today and surprisingly I was the same weight from yesterday. I thought for sure I would see a weight gain. On another good note I am doing pretty well on drinking 8+ glasses of water. Which is surprising because I hate drinking water.

All I can think in my head is this is going to be a bumpy ride but I think I can handle it.