Old 11-04-2009, 09:46 AM   #1  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Default 30 Somethings Daily Chat Wednesday 11/4

Morning!

No morning exercise for me today. I decided last night that I needed a "rest day". Baby boy only got up twice, so I got to sleep from 10-12, then from 12:30-4:30, and from 5am-6am. Dang - that's almost a whole nights sleep!

I woke with a whopper headache, so we might be watching some TV today...I'm such a bad mom/babysitter...no jury would convict me - not one of my peers anyhow.

How's everyone else's week so far? Mango - got anymore recipes for us? Squeak - how's DD?
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:13 AM   #2  

Height: 5'6"

Mort - glad you got some sleep. I am very blessed that DD was a good sleeper! As long as she was in the bed with me she slept all night long.

Took DD back to ENT yesterday. He said she had a lot of swelling. That's probably what is causing the headaches at this point, give her three more weeks then go back to see him. He did put her on a steriod nasal spray to help with the swelling.

Do ya ever feel like you need more hours in the day?? I have gotten so much to do and no time to do it. When I finally get home I have been ignoring the laundry and dishes, something I never do, because I just want to go to chill out. DD and I watched The Next Iron Chef last night and that was the 1st time we have got to just chill for an hour in about a week.

Today after work is bootcamp. I can really tell it's making a difference now. Did ya notice my ticker has gone down again! Woot..woot.. I cut out all sugar, white flour, potatoes and strachy veggies. I am down 7 lbs since cleaning my diet up and cutting out the processed junk. My one treat is a Ghirardelli 60% cocao square in the evenings. Yum! and it's healthy for me too.

Ya'll have a great day!
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:34 AM   #3  
Fiercely Determined Chick

S/C/G: 217/see ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

Hi,

I'm new to the group....

I remember the up all night days...my two sons are 7 and 9 now, so we've slept through the night for quite a while now . But I do remember thinking I would never get 8 hours in a row ever again...I'm quite impressed that you find the energy to get up and exercise! You do deserve a rest day once in a while.

I'm hoping to get 2 workouts in tonight. My normal lunchtime walking is interupted by a luncheon for a retiring coworker today. I will proabably run right after work and then pick up the walk just before bed on my treadmill...that's the plan anyway...

Jen
AFChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:38 PM   #4  
This means war...

S/C/G: 277/237/199

Height: 5'2"

I had a treadmill once, in my bedroom. It made a great place to hang things and stack boxes.

MP: Nope, no recipes today. Last night I had another salad like my lunch salad, but this time I had salsa and all I can say is that it was perfect.

Today I am being anti-processed sugar. I looked at my candied up son last night and said, "Boy, you need to drink a glass of water." I think the whole household could use a good few weeks without the stuff.

I worked out last night. Would love to keep the streak going but I have class tonight till 6, and then the race to get everything done in a few short hours before bed begins. I'm a sleeper, I need my sleep, so I have to go to bed at like, 10 or 11 or my day is just ruined the next day.
Mango30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 01:48 PM   #5  
Fiercely Determined Chick

S/C/G: 217/see ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

My treadmill was quite good for hanging clothes...I've recently tried to change that. It's gotten better since I had my husband turn it around so it faces the TV instead of the wall (what fun is that?). He still stacks his clothes (or dirty dishes) on it, but I figure if I throw them on the floor enough times he MAY get the hint...
AFChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:11 PM   #6  
This means war...

S/C/G: 277/237/199

Or throw them on the lawn...lol! what is with men and dirty dishes. They can stack them everywhere BUT the dishwasher....jeesh!
Mango30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:39 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 198/202/155

Hello All-

This is my first time posting here in the daily chat. Thanks for welcoming me in my other post.

I'm not really back on track yet with my diet after more than a week of cheat days. My stress level has been high due to one illness and medical issue after another in my immediate family. I think we are all getting back to normal now, so I need to get back on track. Fortunately it didn't look like I had gained back any weight over this week's eating spree, but consuming THAT MUCH Halloween candy I know just cannot be good for my health.

Mort-Wow, having your sleep that split up must be a challenge. It's good to see you are still OP and with a migraine too. Keep up the good work!

I also have two sons, 7 and 5.

Have a good day chicks and a good tomorrow!
junkatarian is offline   Reply With Quote