General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-04-2009, 01:02 PM   #1  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Question Did anyone watch V?

I never saw the 80's version of it but I have to say I really enjoyed last night's show. I'll be watching again.
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 01:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 256/???/150

I watched it last night.I was looking forward to it and really liked it.I'm also re-watching the original on youtube.I watched it as a kid and loved it.
zoritsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:26 PM   #3  
Workin' It

I own the original two miniseries & the series on DVD, ever read the books as a child.

I watched it last night and enjoyed it, will watch again. I did feel that some of the plot points were a little rushed in, like they were scrambling to hit the high points the first night out.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

i watched most of it (flipped between my fav show So you think you can dance). Seemed good...but i have to admit...im a sceptic since i LOVVVEEEED The original.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 05:35 PM   #5  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Angie and I dvr'd it just in case while we watched Biggest loser...

I guess the "word" is too watch our recording?
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 06:49 PM   #6  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
Angie and I dvr'd it just in case while we watched Biggest loser...

I guess the "word" is too watch our recording?
YES! I usually don't like Alien oriented shows/movies/books, but this was really good. It caught my attention from the very beginning and held it until the end which seemed to come too fast. It was very good IMO and interesting. I give it 2 thumbs up!
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 01:05 PM   #7  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Angie and I watched our dvr of it last night...glad we could rewind and hear what they said some of the time...

seems like a lot happening too quick for me too..but then I can be a slow learner!

The one gals partner is a good guy...then bad guy...then dead...then alive...then dead...then in the previews for a future show?....

Alien lost me when they threw too many plots in and all the he's a good guy...no a bad guy....no..a good guy....

We will watch again and see...I think Angie may blow this one up early!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 01:19 PM   #8  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL View Post
I watched it last night and enjoyed it, will watch again. I did feel that some of the plot points were a little rushed in, like they were scrambling to hit the high points the first night out.
that's what I thought too. what's the hurry? (unless the powers that be have the writers/producers terrified now that a show will get the plug pulled if they don't produce a big bang right ouf of the gate)
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 01:26 PM   #9  

Height: 5'11"

I never saw the original version of it and I did watch the new version. I tivo'd it and watched it a couple of nights later. I didn't feel like it was too hard to follow and really enjoyed it. I set up a Season's Pass so I'll get the future episodes. Should I watch the old ones, too? Or will that ruin it for me?

Last edited by Windchime; 11-07-2009 at 01:26 PM.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 10:31 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

they really did rush into a lot...remember the origianl was a 8hr mini series that then turned into a series. They really did try to cram way too much in an hr.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 02:07 AM   #11  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

Height: 5'6"

It was a little rushed, I agree, but I loved it. I think they want to make sure they grab our attention right out of the gate, can't have a boring first episode or nobody will tune in next week! LOVE that Juliette from LOST is in it!
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 07:02 AM   #12  

DH and I enjoyed it, but agreed that it was very rushed. I didn't feel let down though, because we enjoyed the original SO much, we didn't expect much from the new one.
bacilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 09:49 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

I remember loving the original when I was a kid but I don't really remember a lot of the details. I do think they rushed things a bit last night but I still enjoyed it. I was at first surprised that they revealed so quickly that the aliens are evil, but I guess they figure everyone already knows because of the original series! It seems like in the original they didn't tell us right away, but I could be remembering that wrong.

Anyway, I'll be watching it. Unfortunately, I read that they're only doing 3 more weeks of it and then ABC will be showing the winter Olympics and V won't return until March!! So we'll get hooked and then have to wait forever.
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 10:48 AM   #14  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

We watched it last night. The original and this version were different. In the original, I don't believe there were aliens that were already here, there were aliens that befriended humans but that came after. It is interesting and the basics may be the same but its not really.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote