Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 09:30 PM   #16  
Shadiepurple

Greetings chickie poos ! Just a giant hello full of hugs and support to all.
Nothing new here . Had a nice week end with friends and of course kids. I've been so thirsty this week end. Drank gallons of water and diet Squirt. I went to the store and didn't notice until my friend asked me if i was thirsty. I had Diet tea, diet Squirt, flavored water, reg. water, ice, coffee, apple juice, and green apples in my cart. WOW I guess I was thirsty! Well, thirsty is better than the days when I had ice cream, cookies, chips,and chocolate. I don't have those bad cravings much if I take my meds. like I need to. I am diabetic, hypertensive , inactive thyroid, and depressive. NOT MUCH IS RIGHT IN ME! Gee, I wonder if I should lose a little weight . Wow, I could get even more depressed if I write all that down again . OH, I forgot married, unemployed, 7 kids a dog and 2 cats and my car is broke down...hmm Sure hope Santa stops at my house .

Happy week to all my sisters and strength to us all.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:43 PM   #17  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

I only have a few minutes, but I thought I would check in.

Erika – Sweetie . . . Don’t worry, it will all be ok. Moving stresses everyone out. Just take it one day at a time, and remember if you are worn out and need to stop that is ok. The unpacking will still be there tomorrow. If you are feeling unusually depressed is there someone you might be able to talk to? I know several ladies here take anti-depressants and they are absolute life savers.

Ammi – I for sure can’t comment on the TOM issue because as you know I have had the opposite problem. If it doesn’t feel right to you I would definitely go see your doctor.

Katt – When I first started on the elliptical I could barely do it either, but after having done it for so long I have built up the leg muscles and it has gotten much easier. I definitely work up a good sweat on it, but it doesn’t feel impossible.

Jill – Congratulations for resisting the temptation that is Arby’s. A perfectly on-plan weekend? I think you deserve a non-food reward!

Lori – That is good news that you got your power back on. 2 inches from your hips is no small feat.

Xena – Definitely Word – it has saved me endless headache with problem posts. Plus I have written macros to make the colors and bold names (which is one reason I always use the same colors). You are really inspiring me to possibly get a Gazelle. Sometimes it really takes a long time for me to make up my mind about these things though.

The party on Saturday went ok – except I drank a bit more than I could have, and at the very end I ended up eating two mini pieces of cake that I could have done without. The problem was there was no real food (only cheese & crackers, chips, etc.) and by the end (and having had 3 drinks) I was getting hungry. Oh well. It could have been MUCH worse.

I am really determined to kick things back up, so it is back to an hour cardio in the evenings for me and I have been tracking everything for the last few days. It is really late and I need to go find some dinner.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:52 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Xena: So sorry that you lost your long post. Hope you are well. Hugs.

Shadie: Hugs to you. I pm'd you hope you have time to read it with your zoo. lol.

Nancy: You can do it. I know you can.

All MIA ladies. I'm sure everyone is very busy and getting ready for the holidays. I am so proud of myself today. I rode my bike for 1 mile. I did free weights and checked into a rehab swimming place. I may join it to go 2 or 3 times a week for a bit. It is 1 hour of working out in the water with a bunch of people. Hopefully there is still room for me.

hugs to you and big blessings,
Annie
Old 12-05-2006, 12:58 AM   #19  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi everybody!!! Thinking of all of you and saying a prayer!!! Busy busy busy but wanted to pop in!!
Old 12-05-2006, 02:41 AM   #20  
Working on new me in '07!

S/C/G: 293/293/253

Height: 5 foot!

I have taken them before and they make me feel all disconnected from my body. I feel like my head is my foot and so on when I take them. If it doens't chill out, I'll seek some help. I promise that.

There is no way that I can make any goals with everything going on. I've lost all track of minutes and weight and calories.

I think I'm just going to sit down and get through December and Christmas and the like and jump on board strong and hard in January.

I went to the dr and they should be getting me on metformin in the next week or so!

THANKS so much!! For all of the :hugs:!!!
Old 12-05-2006, 06:48 AM   #21  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Hi Everyone! I don't think this will be a long post, as it is almost bed time, but I will see how much I can 'blab' on.

Things are even more busy than usual this week, being the last week of the school year. On my calendar for the week is:
1. Doctor's appointment and friend's school ceremony last night,
2. Hair appointment this afternoon (same style as before, but different colours - she didn't seem to want to match them with the others. It is OK, but I think I prefer the other colours),
3. A friend's daughters' ceremony on Thursday night,
4. Moving classrooms over the next few days. I have a LOT of 'junk' accumulated, so it is going to take me a while,
5. 'Handover' meetings of kids I will be having next year,
6. End of year party (today - went really well),
7. Year 7 (our final elementary school year) graduation Friday. I am going as a representative of the School Council and I will be making a presentation. I have had some of these kids before, so I am really pleased to be going,
8. Cleaning and tidying my current room, ready for next year's teacher to move in,
9. Write a report on my student teacher who is in these last couple of weeks. I have definitely put in for fewer student teachers next year.
10. ... I'll add that one when I remember other things I have to get done.

I am SOOOOOO looking forward to the weekend, and the following 7 weeks!!!

Oh... we just started daylight saving this past Sunday. I am really happy about that. We had it here a number of years ago, but it stopped for ages, now we have a three year trial to see if more people like it. Even though I am a morning person, I see the benefits of having the lighter evenings, and I also like the fact that it is cooler later in the mornings, so if I walk to school it is not too warm.

This weekend we are going with friends to a local park to take 'Christmas' photos. Hopefully we will get some nice ones, but I still haven't decided what I want to wear. We are taking a couple of special little girls into the city some time to see the Christmas lights too. Then, the following weekend we are going to watch/listen to the same girls as they sing at Christmas Carols at a park. I'm not sure if any of you have Carols by Candlelight. Our weather suits it perfectly. People go to a park or other green space and it is traditional to take candles, although people now sometimes take torches to light up the area. Then everyone just joins in with singing Christmas carols, usually with a choir. I haven't been to any for ages, so this will be a special treat. Especially to watch our two little ladies as they sing.

Erika - I hope things look up for you soon, but PLEASE never worry about having a good old cry. That sort of thing is very cleansing for you I believe. Sometimes it takes something like that for me to realise that I am not coping quite as well as I previously believed and I need to approach things differently. There is certainly nothing wrong with it.

Sandy - The pictures from the wedding are simply gorgeous!! Oh, and I think I could cope with a whole CLASS full of students like your daughter. If you ever want to migrate, just let me know.

Lori - I am glad that you have power back on again. I think I would be totally lost without power. We don't have family close by either, so I would probably want to stay in a hotel, rather than stay with friends. That is probably just because I like staying in hotels though... I don't think we could afford it. We only have one power company over here too (and one gas company) so we don't exactly have a choice when it comes to good/bad service.

Lilion - Good for you for getting back on track. It must be so hard when you are used to baking around this time of year. I am not a cook by ANY means, so I don't miss that sort of thing.
I was thinking about everyone struggling around the holiday season. When I did the radio segment the other day, I wrote SO many notes about what might help people to cope at this time. I got some good ideas from people here and the more I thought about it, the more I came up with. I think I may get my act together and type them up and start a new thread on "Surviving the temptations of the holiday season". It could be a good help to many people. It certainly reminded me of a number of things that I had forgotten.

Val - It was lovely to hear that you had a more enjoyable visit to the tree farm than previous years. It is nice to surprise yourself with your increased stamina now and then isn't it? I am also thrilled to hear that things are going SO much better on the home front. I wouldn't imagine that a couple of months ago you would have expected this type of outcome. It is wonderful that things have taken such a positive turn.

Katt - I'm glad that your ankle is better and that TOM has finally decided that he might have overstayed his welcome.
I hope that things are still going well with work, even though it takes you away from your hunny for longer than you would like. Do you know if you have to work much over the Christmas break, or do you have to wait a while to find out your hours for then? Is Scoot home for long over Christmas? I hope so!

Jill - Well done on passing up the Arby's!!!!! I am so glad that the plug has finally been pulled and the fluid is draining away. Maybe the drain was a little stuck and just needed a little unblocking! Oh dear... that doesn't put a pretty picture in the head does it? Hopefully things will keep heading in the right direction for you.

Nancy - Isn't it hard when you go somewhere and the food choices are ALL not really the best? I am not surprised that you had a couple of pieces of cake. I have been getting the 'munchies' lately (hope TOM is due) and luckily at the class party today there were lots of healthy things to nibble on. I am SURE that I ate way too much, but it was mostly really healthy. I had sushi, veggie sticks, low-fat dips, rice crackers... and a white bread sandwich. I would have preferred whole grain, but that was the only choice. I really should have just stuck with my own sandwich, but the kids like to see that I am joining in, and I don't want them to think that you CAN'T eat party food when you are trying to be healthy. I don't want them to have any hangups like that at 8 years of age.
Anyway... as you said, your two pieces of cake are definitely better than you probably would have had last year.

Annie - I LOVE reading your posts and it is wonderful to see that you are really getting the exercise 'bug'.

Brenda - Your pics are GORGEOUS! I hope you have framed at least ONE of them. Your hair looks beautiful and you look SO young and cute!

Ammi - I hope things are going well with you. I don't think I mentioned that I LOVE the pic of you and Daren from your anniversary. Definitely a keeper that one.
I hope that Beth's nose is recovering nicely and there is no permanent damage.

Well, I know I have missed people, but I just raced through this latest thread and I have to head to bed now. Need my energy for moving classrooms tomorrow.

I hope you are all having a wonderful week.

Take care,

Zelma
Old 12-05-2006, 07:51 AM   #22  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Whew, busy busy time of year for everyone!

Lilion--I hear ya re: not feeling like Christmas without baking. our traditional Christmas morning breakfast is orange juice and homemade fudge We pick at that all morning until my mother makes the big brunch a bit later on. Luckily for me, this year, I will be spending Christmas morning with Jeff's family (not that I don't want to spend it with mine, but I'm sure it will be safer diet-wise ).

wezi (I know I could call you Lori, but I have to mention that "wezi" is quite fun to say )--so glad your power is back on!!

Annie--glad I've inspired you...now I need to inspire myself I fell asleep on the couch at about 7 last night, so so much for being productive. I kept myself much busier than usual over the weekend; now I've just got to work on the weeknights!

Patti--I think weekends are difficult for a lot of us (definitely for me!). But as long as we keep getting right back on track, we're at least doing better 5/7 of the time, right?

Xena--I've had problems with being logged out of 3FC mid-session (and losing many posts because of it) when I don't choose the "remember me" option (or whatever the little checkbox is when you log in). When you don't choose that box, you only log in for a short period of time, and any length of time with inactivity (like writing a long post) will cause you to no longer be logged in. I'm not sure of your computer situation or if there's anyone who uses the same computer as you who might try to do something to your account, but if all is pretty safe, you might try checking that box so you're automatically always logged in.

shadie--if nothing else, I think you get the award for most emoticons for the most fun-looking post!

Nancy--good job at the party! Even if it wasn't perfection, any improvement over old habits is a great step in the right direction.
For now, my missing water weight will be my non-food reward. I don't have any other non-food things to reward myself with since I'm trying not to spend money on ANYthing extra so we can save up to buy a (ridiculously expensive and tiny) condo around here next year I can't even so much as take a nice relaxing bubble bath since our bathtub in our apartment is so disgusting I refuse to even sit in it (not that it's dirty; it's just so old and has been resurfaced so many times that it's about 6 different colors with some of the enamel chipping off, some of the caulking peeling, etc.). We complained about it when we re-signed our lease in October, and the manager said we could most likely get a new one. Then maintenance came and looked at it and told us it will just be refinished (yet again--isn't over-refinishing what caused the problem in the first place?!). that was over a month ago, and we have yet to see any refinishing to be done...

misti--hi!

erika--you don't have to make any weight, calorie, or exercise minute goals. Maybe you could just make a small generic goal like not to eat more than 5 cookies on Christmas! or not to have seconds at Christmas dinner! or to try your best to focus on the other aspects of the holiday season more than food (shopping, decorations, family, etc.). You don't have to be all gung-ho about dieting to make improvements...every little bit helps in the long run. Don't completely throw December out the window...wouldn't it be better to just maintain your current weight (whatever it may be) than to be another 10-15 pounds heavier when you start again in January?

Zelma--can't wait to see those photos!

As for me, I'm tracking my weight every day in Fitday. Today was down another pound to 293. My watch is finally fitting again like it did back before Thanksgiving week, so I am so relieved to have that fluid flushing out.

Oh, I made dinner last night of chicken and Trader Joe's medium-hot pineapple salsa in the crock pot. I also added a whole bag of frozen pineapple chunks thinking it would make it a bit sweeter. I served it over brown rice in 2 big bowls for Jeff and me...and it's all in the trash now It was HORRIBLE! Thesalsa was SO hot (despite being labeled "medium") that when I took a bite of just the pineapple, it tasted like nothing but HOT. I don't mind some spicy foods, but it was pretty much completely flavorless and just HOT. Yuck.

So yeah, tossed last night's dinner. Then came the hard part...Jeff asked what I wanted instead. The first things that popped into my head were delivery pizza or Chinese. Then a slightly improved thought: I could make my own pizza on my Boboli whole-wheat crust. Well, that still would have been more calories than I'd planned for dinner, so on to Plan C. I had a container of food I had prepared for lunch during the week--chicken with salsa (normal MILD salsa), black beans, corn, and cheddar cheese. I added in the little bit of brown rice still in the pot on the stove (I always make 2 servings, but Jeff never eats a full serving), and voila! I was SO proud of myself for not taking the easy way out and for staying completely on plan calorie-wise even when my planned dinner didn't work out
Old 12-05-2006, 08:20 AM   #23  
EmilyMay is on her way!

S/C/G: 314/294/168

Height: 5'7"

Hi there ladies - I did try and leap on board a while back, but life got silly; f-in-law had a diagnosis of cancer and subsequent surgery and really got knocked off feet before I had started. Anyhoo, I have kept track of the posts and would like to try again to post here. I feel that this board is just so inspiring, all of you who have lost make me realise that despite how large I am, this is do-able.

I am 34, have 2 kiddles Lucy and George who are nearly 12 and 9.5!! Am married and in last year of nurse training. My aim is to lose as much as I can before qualifying next summer becos I think I need to be a better role model and fitter to nurse full time. Of course there's a million and one other reasons to lose weight too. I have been overweight/obese since my daughter was born in 1995 Before that the heaviest I got was about 175ish.

Anyway hugs to you all, thanks for being such a great board and here's to joining you in your journey.

One more thing - I will be a slow and up and down kind of weight loss gal, but as long as the trend is down thats ok with me!
Old 12-05-2006, 08:38 AM   #24  

hello emilymay welcome on board this site is such great inspiration for me too!
Old 12-05-2006, 09:00 AM   #25  
EmilyMay is on her way!

S/C/G: 314/294/168

Height: 5'7"

Thanks hun - you've done sooo good, 70 lbs off, its amazing what can be done really it is well done you
Old 12-05-2006, 09:00 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Not much time, we've been REALLY busy the last few days, buying presents & the wood for Steve to make a table for the boys' new train set as well as going for another check-up on my eyes. They are doing really well & are feeling a little 'scratchy' like I left my contacts in too long, but that is normal.
Aiden had broken his big toe, playing 'rough' with Gareth so he can't go to nursery - so I HAVE to start doing my exercise dvds. He is ok, limping and his toe is all purple & swollen, poor thing! He has me running around getting him videos on the tv and glasses of cordial, lol.
I have read everyone's posts but I have to go & clean up, AGAIN, does it never end? No time, but I think of you all & send best wishes & love & willpower dust, it sems some of us need it, ME INCLUDED!
xxxsharon
Old 12-05-2006, 09:17 AM   #27  
Believe

Height: 5"7

Just a quick hi from me I have been so busy lately with work and stuff, i havent posted very much. I hope to make a long post when i am not working.
Anyway, i miss you all and i hope everyone is doing ok, and having a good day!
Old 12-05-2006, 09:22 AM   #28  

all i can say today is one day at a time and one pound at a time! Ammi you are missing in action today!!
Old 12-05-2006, 12:33 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good Morning Ladies,

Zelma: I think the children that you teach ar sooo very blessed to have you in their lives. It is so evident from all of your posts that you love what you do and really care for the children. Despite all the work you have to do I hope you have a lovely break for Christmas.

Jilly: I'm so proud of you for choosing the right food. I'm not sure I would have done that. Good for you.

Emilymay: Welcome to you. So glad to have you with us.

Sharon: Hugs to you sweetie. Time to have a break I see.

Kymberly: We are missing you too. Hope you have more time again to post soon.

Hugs to all the MIA chickies. You are very missed and loved.
Blessings,
Annie
Old 12-05-2006, 12:43 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 298/290/200

Height: 5'8

hello-so i overslept this morning and am all out of sorts. i hate when that happens, but luckily i wasn't late for work. i'm actually on time with everything, but i feel like i'm running behind. guess i got too comfy in my own bed last night with the heat on! :LOL: i also missed the gym this morning--a friend called and i chose to go do some christmas shopping with her after i dropped the boys off, rather then go to the gym. that was a bad choice, but i do feel ok with it since i got several gifts bought and before i only had 3. that was stressing me out since i'm usally done with christmas gift shopping before thanksgiving! i was thinking i could workout tonight when i got home, but i have to work late tonight and don't know when i'll be done. i think i'll have to make up for it tomorrow and get some extra time in then.

anyway, just wanted to jump on and do a few personals before i have to run for work.....

zelma--i was lost without our power! you never think about all the ways you use it til it's gone. we had flashlights out and candles burning, and were sitting in the dark with 4 layers of clothes on and i'd think "i'll start some laundry.....oh, can't do laundry." it was weird. i sort of wanted to stay at a hotel too--it always seems so fun--but it was a free night at the in laws, or $60 for a night at a hotel, so we stayed with rich's parents. we all get along really well, so it was fine. i wondered if we'd be able to find a room anyway. we got hit with a bad storm this summer too that knocked out power all over the city and there weren't any hotel rooms anywhere. i had planned a surprise party for my husband that same week and had people coming in from out of town. one of my friends didn't make reservations ahead of time and the only room they could find was 2 hours outside of st. louis. i'd imagine that the hotels are probably full again.

jill--i'm impressed with your dinner choice! i probably would have ordered a pizza or gone to get a hamburger before i gave it much thought. next time i'll have to remember to think about it and make a better choice like you did! and feel free to call me wezi or lori--i'll answer to whatever! my friends started calling me wezi cuz when i'd laugh really hard i'd wheeze which they thought was hilarious!

emilymay-- don't worry about how your weight comes off (i've been gaining and losing the same three pounds for about 3 weeks now)--we all have our own road to travel! hope you love it here as much as i do!

sharon--hope aiden's toe gets better quickly! what is it with boys this week? the one's i watch went sledding with their dad and now the oldest has a fat lip and huge bruise on his knee from crashing his sled! i'm just glad i wasn't the one responisble when that happened!

well, i guess i'd better get some stuff done. take care, lori
Closed Thread