Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 06:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 370/350/200

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ and Ready to Try Again #1070

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears .
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 12-02-2006, 06:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 370/350/200

Not sure if I did that right or not. But oh well thought I would give it a try.

Ladies I just want to thank each and every one of you for your encouraging words. I printed out one of the replies and put it in my wallet. You see my biggest problem is hitting the drive thru so by putting that there I have to see it before I can pay for anything. Not sure if it will help but I know I usually eat when I am feeling down and I defiantly feel "up" when I read your post so maybe it will work. Never hurts to try.

Thanks,

-Terry
Old 12-02-2006, 07:42 PM   #3  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

pochita--the drive thru used to be one of my biggest problems, too. It still rears its ugly head every now and then, but I am a MUCH less frequent visitor than I used to be. I used to stop at McDs on my way home from work almost every day and get WAY too much food (2 double cheeseburgers, a fry, and a milkshake usually). Of course, I would not admit to anyone that I did this, so I would still eat my lunch and dinner as normal with this as my ridiculous afternoon snack If I did not stop in the afternoon, sometimes I would go for breakfast and get 2 breakfast meals (2 sandwiches, 2 hash browns, and 2 orange juices).

I have good news for you, though...if you stop getting fast food, your body will grow to love healthier foods. Once I have abstained from fast food for about 2 weeks or so, I can no longer eat it without getting sick--all that grease and fat goes right through you when your body is not used to dealing with it anymore! One day at a time...its all we can do.

As for my 1 day at a time, I was very strong today. We walked to one store (whereas we normally would have just driven there on our way to our other errands), and when we left to go to the other stores, I felt a little hungry. Jeff mentioned Quiznos (which I LOVE!), but I told him no, I would just eat when we got home. I even considered offering Paners instead and just getting a salad, but I kept my mouth shut with the thought that that salad would still be more calories than the soup I had planned for lunch. I currently have not had a single bite of food today that I had not planned for, and I have even had 3 liters of water!

I have also gotten a lot done. I spent some time on my butt, yes, but it was searching for freelance editing opportunities online. I did not find anything to apply for, but I did get a feel for whats out there. I also got my Christmas decorations up, and I think I am about to go plan out some meals and do some cooking in the kitchen to prepare for tomorrow and next week.

BTW, pardon my lack of apostrophes throughout this post (I know most of you probably dont even notice, but as an editor, it is really bugging me!). For some reason, whenever I hit the apostrophe key on my keyboard, it opens up a search window My arrow keys also are not working for some reason. Think it might be time to restart?
Old 12-02-2006, 08:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Jill -- Good for the OP day... and I DID notice something was going on with your message, but probably wouldn't have figured out the apostrophes unless you mentioned it!

Lilion -- You mentioned exercise... wanna join the exercise thread??? (I'm not trying to be pushy, we just need help!)
Old 12-02-2006, 09:06 PM   #5  

Heather - the whole problem with exercise is I never do it! I actually did join an exercise thread...the goal was 10 min of exercise minimum a day. I quit after three.

I get it sometimes, but I have REAL problems doing it every day. And being on the thread wouldn't help...it'd just make me feel guilty for not helping out! I'll think about it!
Old 12-02-2006, 09:21 PM   #6  

Lilion -- I understand -- I don't want to add to the guilt!
Old 12-02-2006, 09:26 PM   #7  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyllenn View Post
Jill -- Good for the OP day... and I DID notice something was going on with your message, but probably wouldn't have figured out the apostrophes unless you mentioned it!
hehe, yeah, it was becoming much more formal without the usual contractions ("I would" instead of "I'd," "do not" instead of "don't," etc.). I'm a dork--things like that bother me

Lilion--I SO feel your pain about the exercise. For the longest time, I didn't do it. At all. Ever. Now I do 30 minutes at least 5 times a week. I just started one day and didn't look back. I get it out of the way first thing in the morning. I guess I figured since my eating was off target, I had to do something right

So, being the new non-lazy me, we just got back from another short shopping trip. I went to Trader Joe's and got lots of cool stuff--lots of it also very convenient, since it's a lot of frozen things that are just "heat and serve" (now THAT'S my kind of cooking!). Ooh, and I bought some vanilla protein powder to try in smoothies. Speaking of which...

Question: Is there much of a difference between soy protein powder and whey protein powder? The soy one was MUCH cheaper, but I got the whey one only because it had fewer calories (but also less protein, so it's probably actually just a difference in "scoop" size since the serving size for each was "2 scoops").
Old 12-02-2006, 11:20 PM   #8  

Jilly and Heather, I know I have to get better on the exercise. I have no problem with thinking about food now. I don't always make good choices, obviously, but at least I usually know when I'm not. I don't eat like I used to, it's completely changed and it's second nature to me now. What I have to do is get to the point where exercise is too! That's just so hard for me for some reason.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:14 AM   #9  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

Hi guys
Only have a minute cause I have to run and clean house and wrap gifts before I go to work. Party went well but was kinda boring. I looked too good to be there I'll post pics later.

Thought I would say hello and good morning

Brenda
Old 12-03-2006, 09:25 AM   #10  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

Hello Ladies, Yesterday was a great day.....with my family, productivity and op.....almost op. I did well until I had some dark choclate. I counted everything on fit day. Today WILL be better!
Abby had a great basket ball game yesterday. She hit 5 out of 8 shots, shut down the other teams best player and made him take the forced shot from outside the paint. It was so much fun! Her coach's wife told her she was on fire, another mom from the other team told her child and the coach that Abby was "trouble"
At first, Abby was upset by that comment and I had to explain that it was really a compliment cuz they couldn't shut her down. Her coach was so proud of her, (of course I was too) ........I wonder how many calories I burn hollering and "wiggling" around in my seat at her games
Today is a kick back day. I'm going to work with my hand weights for a while and TRY to go for a walk. My neck hurts really bad from sitting at the sewing machine too long yesterday. I'll make a nice dinner and watch football with DH.
A nsv, we went out to eat last night at a buffet.....I only had some sirloin, green beans and mashed potatoes. I STAYED AWAY FROM THEIR FAMOUS AND MY FAV CARROT CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING!!! I was so proud of my self for not having any of the cake and not leaving feeling that sick full feeling. (but then, i had choclate
when we were watching a movie,)
Thanks to all for the compliments on the photos. In the photo of the two little girls the one in green is my Abby and in the white dress with the beautiful blonde hair is Janessa, one of the flower girls which is the daughter of the maid of honor. She is also the bride's my DD's god daughter. When I look at the wedding photos I think it's cool that Abby can dress up and be so lady like, and be the same kid who is a terror on the basket ball court and soft ball field. I'm so proud of her. She's also a good student in school. (she goes get a bit mouth though)
Has anyone noticed that kids between 8-10 are mouthy like kids who were 10-12 several years ago? It's like they start that hormonal nightmare younger and younger.

Terry, It's a great idea to keep that print out in your wallet. Several of the girls here suggested the 100 calorie packs. I had already had their chocolate chip and oreo cookie and nutter butter ones. Thanks to someone's post, sorry I can't remember who) I found cheetos and chex mix. They SAVE me from the vending machine at work.
I don't do too terrible at fast food anymore. Sometimes I want a fish sandwich real bad, so I'll try to allow for the extra calories at fitday.com
It's such a cool site. Check it out if you have time.

Jill, GREAT JOB on being so successful yesterday!

Lilion, I too struggle with exercise. I get so out of breath when I walk even for 10 minutes. I like my hand weights, it's more than I had been doing and it's still moving my old body. If I park the car further away from the door at work it forces me to walk. It's just been so rainey here lately, I haven't been able to...or chose not to. I think I just found a new short term goal. Parking on the opposite side of the parking lot would make me walk 10 minutes in the morning and 10 minutes in the evening.
If I did it every day, then that would be 100 minutes in a week. (my goal for rhe month" And, I always have so much to carry back and forth, that'll be even better for me! Lilion, you're great! You gave me a new goal and plan. A million thanks to you.

Katt, Where the heck are ya??? I miss you. I hope your job and ankle are ok. Are you
able to stay op easily with your new schedule?

Well, chickes, I have to get my chicken in the sink with cold water so it;'ll thaw in time for dinner. Hope you all have a wonderful day & successful day.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:26 AM   #11  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

Brenda, you posted while I was typing. Sorry your party was boring. I can't wait to see your pics. Enjoy your day.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:25 AM   #12  

Hey everyone-

Quick check in. Thanks for all of the well wishes! I am feeling a lot better. Still really sick...but its for sure clearing up! (Thanks God!) lol

ANNIE~DH is not on TV..he does read the forecast on the radio up here. He is more of the science part of weather. He does all of the data and forecasting. I used to think weather men just used to look at the clouds and guess! ha ha! But its really a lot harder than I ever thought...tons of math!

SANDY~Great wedding pics! Your little girl is so precious!

Brenda~Nice pics! You looked so pretty!

Alright well I am off to clean house. At least I will get a little bit of exercise in!
I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend! Take care! (hugs)
Old 12-03-2006, 11:00 AM   #13  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Hi all – we’re off to buy a Christmas tree & I’m not even dressed yet. I didn’t get a chance to catch up entirely (Like – I haven’t even started reading this thread) so I’ll be back later. I did want to say: Yippee – I’m down 5 of the 6 pounds I gained during my ‘Job Change Stress’ period over the last month. I don’t deserve it, but I sure won’t turn it down, either! I HAVE to get more exercise back in!!!

For the moment…….

SHARON – Loved your post about up a size or down at Christmas! Hope your eyes are giving you less grief now. Do you still walk your sweetie to/from school each day?? I’m so jealous of that regular exercise worked into your days.

JEN - WAY COOL NSV! Exercise is the answer! ….Um, I suppose that means I should go jump on the tread mill, doesn’t it?

JILLY – Sorry your up those couple of pounds, but glad you have such a good, long term outlook. I KNOW you can make a serious dent in your goal by this time next year. I’m with you, and behind you, and all for you! Let’s go!

NANCY – I know how you feel about looking back and thinking “I could/should have done more & better.” I’m looking back over the year myself (and I didn’t have a procedure done) but I’m not seeing the progress I would have liked to have seen. HOWEVER – I AM seeing a lifestyle change! I’m only down about 20 pounds since last January, but there have been too many years where I went UP that much in a year or less. Basically, I’ve been consistently losing or maintaining for the last 18 ½ months since I started this. I HAVE changed my life – I’m just not DONE yet. Perhaps you are the same – CHANGED, just not finished yet. Sure, track your food more carefully, spend more time working out. But please don’t discredit the success you’ve had in literally shaping a new you.

LORI – So did you get ONE of those gazelles assembled yet?? Amazing that they sent you two. I love kickboxing. I used to do it in the class I went to before I started working again. It made me sore as heck at first, but it really felt like I was Doing something, and I could feel the muscles improving so quickly – and it’s FUN!

SANDY, How could you possibly think you could sound conceited about having such a beautiful, special daughter? It’s wonderful that you had – and will always have – such a loving relationship, no matter how far away she is. I think it sounds like all your sweet babies are very lucky to have you, and I’m sure Nomer misses you too! I hope they move much closer to you someday soon!

HEATHER! LET’S DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 200K – HERE WE COME!!!!!

MISTI, You are and always have been an inspiration. I admire your commitment SO much! I hold you up to myself as an example often. It’s much easier to stay OP when the scale is doing it’s part and slipping down, however slowly. But to face a stall as you have, and keep faith with your program is awesome! It’s why YOU will never slip back to ‘the old days!’ I, too, have faith that your efforts will be rewarded. Please don’t feel like you’re complaining. I think you’re preparing me for my own challenges ahead, and paving a way for me to follow by example. I don’t think I saw when your meds were adjusted, but I hope those help call the FFM back to work.

ANDIE – GLAD to see you back, and of course you’re welcome – but NOT with your tail between your legs – HA! You’re HARDLY the first or only one that’s had a backslide or challenge along the way. Doing that myself right now! If we aren’t having & facing backslides and challenges, then we’ve probably just quit, and we certainly aren’t learning and growing. We all understand, and we’re just glad that you’re hanging in with us!!

‘TIS THE SEASON FOR BACKSLIDES & CHALLENGES!
IT’S HOW WE DEAL WITH THEM,
DURING & AFTER,
THAT DEMONSTRATES OUR DECISION ABOUT OUR WEIGHT AND OUR LIVES.

Last edited by NoLifeWithoutHorses; 12-03-2006 at 08:55 PM.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:15 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hello All,

Wow, am I way behind on posts or what. You’d think I had been on holiday for a week or something, not just busy for the last couple of days On Friday Daren and I spent 5 hours getting our living room, the kids room, and along the stairs decorated with our Christmas pretties. We did stop for lunch, but that didn’t take us long. The whole time we were decorating we had Christmas music playing, so we both were feeling very festive

Unfortunately I was so worn out at the end of it all that I couldn’t be bothered to cook, so we ended up getting a take out Chinese meal. It was really yummy even if it was high in points I have exercised a bit more this weekend to hopefully make up for it, so that I still see a loss on the scales when I weigh tomorrow.

Yesterday was a busy-ish day. I got all my laundry done, and I vacuumed the house because I hadn’t done it on Friday after making a load of mess decorating lol. Apart from that I exercised, and then I spent all my spare time catching up on emails.

Today I have done my ironing, finished catching up on emails, and finally I can come and show myself here Now then, let’s see if I can catch up on what you guys have been saying since I have been gone.

Brenda - first of all let me say how lovely you look in those photos of you dressed for the party. I love the way you did your hair. Did you do that yourself or go to a hair salon? Your Christmas tree is gorgeous, I am jealous. We don’t have the room for a nice big tree, so we just have a little 3 ft thing up on a cupboard

Sandy - don’t know if I have mentioned this before, but your posts are always so awesome. You are so positive and supportive. I do believe if I ever need to take a sabbatical from here you will definitely keep the support and love flowing while I am gone

Katt - lovely to see your post even though I have taken ages to say so. Glad your ankle is better, though sorry that you are having such a tough time of it with TOM. My SD has very heavy periods too, though has not had to resort to wearing two kinds of protection. I hope by the time you read this TOM will have left you, and taken those nasty 2.5 lbs with him

Shadie - how are you doing, I hope you are keeping away from the no no foods. You don’t need to have your jaw wired shut I have every faith in you that even if you do have some of those no no foods you will still show some control

Jen - I surprised even myself with my exercise last month. I didn’t think I would make my goal because of the time I had to stop because of my bad back. But I made it and I hope I will make it again this month.

I hope you are doing ok, and that you haven’t fallen off the wagon too badly this weekend. The only thing I can suggest to help you stay good on the weekends is get lots of yummy low fat snacks in so that if you do have a few extra cals/points they aren’t as bad as stuffing your face with chocolate etc And if you fancy something naughty like spaghetti and meat sauce (don’t know what you call it there) try using a meal alternative instead of the ground beef. It makes a huge difference to the cals/points.

Annie - how are you coping with the braces now, I hope you haven’t had any more of those claustrophobic moments I told Caleigh about your seasonal coloured bands and she is going to ask for the same when she goes to get her braces tightened on the 15

Lilion - I have only got one little thing extra to say that I didn’t say in my last post to you about how you are feeling about dieting right now. Just take it one day at a time, enjoy the days when you do stay OP, and don’t feel guilty on the days you don’t. Come the new year you will undoubtedly get your motivation back especially knowing summer is on the way and how you will enjoy it much more at a slimmer size

Sharon - how are you doing today, did you have any naughty treats this weekend after your WI? I was going to have a Kebab on Friday night, remember I told you? Well when I rung for a home delivery they said the driver had not turned in so there would be no deliveries that night. Had to settle for Chinese instead. I really fancied a kebab too

Patti - are you keeping off those scales? I wish they made ones that were programmable so that you could only weigh at a certain time on a certain day lol. I would buy you some for sure

That’s wonderful news about your NSV. It’s wonderful to buy clothes from an ‘ordinary’ clothes shop and have them fit

Michelle - I hope you are feeling much better today and that the cold is well on its way out. Excellent news on hubby getting a job interview. You know if I was an interviewer and I knew that one of the candidates was living in Alaska but really wanted out, I would give them the job regardless just to help get them to warmer climates Shame I can’t be on the interviewing board. Seriously, to hubby I really hope he will get this job.

Crystal - aww your son is so adorable. How are you doing on those costumes for him for the Christmas plays?

Lori - did you use that lovely Friday with all that snow outside and the Christmas music inside to get you into a festive mood and did you put up your tree and decorations. Or had you already done that

Have you tried the DVD that came with the Gazelle yet? You will have to tell me if you like it or not. Maybe I will invest in one if you can recommend it. Oh and you know that drink holder that comes with the Gazelle, I left mine off. It made it too awkward to store with it on. I do miss having it though, not to hold a drink, but it would have been ideal to hold my stereo remote. I need it close so I can skip the slow boring songs

Nancy - oh so you are seeing the counselling as a way for both of you to see where things have gone wrong so that you don’t make the same mistakes in future relationships. That’s a good way of doing it. Does your BF see it that way too, or is he still hoping for a reconciliation? Well whatever happens between you both I hope you will always stay on friendly terms

Heather - where are you and hubby going on vacation, somewhere warm would be nice I bet I hope where ever it is that you will have a lovely relaxing time and that you don’t fret about what you are eating. Enjoy yourself, be sensible with your food, but don’t be too strict. Time enough to get losing and 100% committed in the new year

Colleen - good for you for working off all bar 1 lb of any gain you may have had after Thanksgiving. You obviously got straight back OP, good for you

Sue - either I am slow, have been away from here too long, or you have only just changed your avatar photo. Whatever it is, I just noticed it, and it’s really lovely. I am sure you are looking younger with every pic you post. Just don’t post a pic of a baby or I will think you have gone one step too far with the weight loss

Jill - Your first goal should just be to lose a couple of lbs so that you get away from that 300 lbs mark. You sure don’t want to end up going over that again. So if you make that tiny goal for yourself and realise just how doable it is that might help keep you motivated.

Missy - sounds like your eating plan is a good one and one that should see you through the festive period and into the new year when you feel more inspired and refreshed and ready to get 100% OP again. Plus you will have your new puppy and you will be so active playing with him/her and taking her for walks etc. I am sure that will be a big help.

Andie - take that tail from between your legs, there is no need for it to be there. We all fall off the wagon sometimes and as long as we get back on it then we have every reason to be proud of ourselves Good for you for climbing back on, I hope you are doing well now

Xena - sorry you lost your long post, I bet you could have kicked yourself especially as you knew you should be writing it in Word Don’t forget to do that next time, I hate to think you wrote all that, and maybe something to me, and then lost it all

Terry - great job on starting the new thread Glad you are feeling more positive, and great idea to post out one of the replies you had to put in your wallet. I hope it helps

Valerie - on losing most of that weight you had gained, that is brilliant news Also I don’t know if you made this up "TIS THE SEASON FOR BACKSLIDES & CHALLENGES! IT’S HOW WE DEAL WITH THEM,
DURING & AFTER,THAT DEMONSTRATES OUR DECISION ABOUT OUR WEIGHT AND OUR LIVES" But wherever you got it from, thank you for posting it. It is SPOT ON

Ok I have to make a move now, got to go exercise before I get too tired. I hope everybody is having a good weekend, take care all and I will try to post more later on tonight.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 12-03-2006, 12:04 PM   #15  

Lilion -- The exercise thread began because I could not motivate myself to exercise. It is honestly still a struggle, and I suspect it always will be. I do like how I feel after much of the time, how much MORE I can do and how much more physically fit I am, and sometimes I even enjoy doing it. But I still have to talk myself up off the couch, into my sneakers and to the gym or basement. It is completely worth it in every way, and yet still tough for me to do.

Valerie -- Yes, let's DO this 200K! You are as much to "blame" for the exercise thread as I am, you know!!! I want to see you posting over there frequently!

Quote:
'TIS THE SEASON FOR BACKSLIDES & CHALLENGES!
IT’S HOW WE DEAL WITH THEM,
DURING & AFTER,
THAT DEMONSTRATES OUR DECISION ABOUT OUR WEIGHT AND OUR LIVES.
Thanks for this, it's good to remember!!!

Ammi -- Good for you with the decorations -- we still have to get ours up. Our vacation isn't anywhere. We are staying home! Getting the christmas stuff up is on the list!
Closed Thread