Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 01:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 298/290/200

Height: 5'8

Default 300+ and Ready to Try Again #1068

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears .
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 11-28-2006, 01:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 298/290/200

Height: 5'8

hello everyone! finally got done with my list of to do's at work and could get on the computer. only did WATP walk/kick this morning--it felt really hard today. two weeks ago getting up at 5 was not my favorite thing to do, but bearable, now it feels like torture! i let myself skip water aerobics, basically cuz i had a lot to do at work today and needed the extra time. i might try to get in some treadmill time this afternoon, or outside time with the boys if the rain/sleet/snow holds off.

katt--glad to see you posting again! thanks for the kind words about my Dad. it's getting easier to deal with, but is still hard. they think he had a heart attack, so it's making me want to exercise and lose the weight even more since i don't want to have to worry about something like that for myself.

xan--i'd love to work together on this! i had made it halfway to my first minigoal of 10 pounds lost, then had some horrible news and gained everything back. i need all the help i can get to reach that goal this time....let's do it!! i'm sure someone has already mentioned this to you, but if you were interested, you could join us on the exercise thread, also. it really helps me get my exercise minutes in. if you haven't already, check it out. i think it's a big help!

ammi--only one more day until the gazelle arrives!!!!!!! (if fedex is on time that is.... )

colleen--thanks for the will power dust! i'll take all the help i can get! that's why i love this place--all the help you need, 24 hours a day!

misti--you are one crazy woman driving in that snow! i've lived in the midwest my whole life and am pretty used to driving in bad weather, but i think i would have used it as an excuse to stay home in my jammies, snuggled in bed!

sharon--thanks for the offer to pm you if i need to. that was very sweet--but you get off the computer and go rest your eyes right now, missy!

brenda--i understand your frustration with changing your ticker and having to start a new goal. i just started out this time and already had to change my first mini goal. i'm sure you'll be back to where you were in no time. let me pass along some of the help i got, maybe it'll help you too!

well, guess i'd better run. take care, lori

Last edited by wezi1126; 11-28-2006 at 01:32 PM.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:30 PM   #3  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

Thanks Lori! I guess I just have to remember that I need to make time for ME. I have been busy getting holiday stuff ready and realized that it was me that was the problem. I made the committment last time to make time for me, cause without me, I have nothing. I think we all need to realize that the important one here is ourselves.

Brenda
Old 11-28-2006, 03:54 PM   #4  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Hola, chicas! I'm finally home (got in at almost midnight last night), so time to get back into the swing of things! I definitely overate while at my parents', but not as much as I could have, if that makes sense. We had Thanksgiving dinner at my aunt's house, so we didn't have the leftovers at home to pick at. Then we had my sister's baby shower on Sunday (it was a brunch), but my mother made the perfect amount of food so the only things left when the party was over was some fruit and some high-fiber, lowfat cranberry muffins. Oh, and of course CAKE (which was my downfall), but it could have been worse. At least it was carrot cake, so I could pretned it was slightly healthier

Anyway, I did do some exercise even while away at my parent's...a few days of Tae Bo (took advantage of their big living room for all that kicking) and some walking in the state forest across the street from their house. I didn't count it in my exercise minutes, but I also got in LOTS of running around and carrying stuff in the airports. Today, I'm right back on track with a food plan (although I haven't really eaten much yet...nothing like one extreme to another ), and I got in a good 50 minutes of WATP (broken up into small pieces since I am working from home and couldn't take a whole hour away from my computer to workout, but I still did it!).

Well, I will try to be ambitious and go back and read the past few threads to cathc up, but I'm very tired from all the running around and have yet to go pick up my car from the shop tonight, so I'm not making any promises Just had to come back and say hi and check in with my favorite 3FC group of ladies!
Old 11-28-2006, 04:36 PM   #5  

Hey everyone-

Just a quick post. Sorry I can't do personals right now...but thank you all for the well wishes. I am feeling a little bit better. Hey I might even be losing some more weight...just been eating soup and lots of water. The bad news is DH is getting pink eye!! And my eye is starting to bother me...so I was like we got to get to the Dr. ASAP! So hopefully they can get us in soon! Seems a lot of people lately up here are sick.

On a better note...the results came back as normal moles!! So no Melanoma! ( Thanks God!) So I was happy to hear that!

Ok well I have to go and take more meds. Did I mention Nyquil is my new best friend?

Hope you all are having a good day!
Old 11-28-2006, 07:37 PM   #6  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

Hello everyone. Only one little thing to report here. My blood test yesterday for the blood thinners FINALLY came back at a level they consider theraputic.
Hooray!
Still don't have my gazelle together. Misti I so admire you for getting it done all by yourself.
Brenda, like you, I've lost my drive. I'll do ok for a day....or half way thru the day and then something hits me and I can't leave stuff alone.
Of course I know it's emotional eating. It just makes the cycle continue.
There are so many parties and carry ins at work this time of year. It's so hard. It's true I've not been as bad as I have been in the past.....cuz I usually KNOW when I'm being naughty. I guess that's an improvement. Now if I can just stop being naughty!
Michelle, So glad for you the biopsies came back ok. I had a sigh of relief when I read that. With meds, the pink eye will clear up in no time...even if it does itch like crazy in the mean time.
Katt, hope your ankle is better and I'm glad for the most part you like your job. It's cool the interviewer thought you couldn't be Ash's mom.
Ammi & Katt, The recipe for pumpkin pie does have canned pumpkin in it. If it'll grow there, you can cook the pumpkin in the microwave.
It is wonderful.
To the rest of you, don't feel slighted, I've just got a lot to do and Andy, DH is home sick tonight.
Too fat for u .......how did you give your cold to my husband??
Hugs to all,
Sandy
Old 11-28-2006, 07:56 PM   #7  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

I managed to get a pic of myself and my oldest son walking down the aisle at
DD's wedding in October under my profile. Still trying to figure out how to do it on the pic page
Old 11-28-2006, 08:13 PM   #8  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wezi1126 View Post
misti--you are one crazy woman driving in that snow! i've lived in the midwest my whole life and am pretty used to driving in bad weather, but i think i would have used it as an excuse to stay home in my jammies, snuggled in bed!
LOL Clarification! I only DROVE in the snow when I got stuck doing so on the way home from work yesterday and was so thankful I left early. LOTS of people are still stuck on the roads from LAST night and are spending the night at all night Walgreens, etc.

Today I WALKED out in the snow for three hours. Believe me once I got my car into my carport last night it has not been out, nor do I plan for it to be until this melts off... which may not be any time soon since apparently another big snowstorm is on its way. And I grew up in the Midwest too and learned to drive on it. I also totaled a car on it in Portland OR LOL. Once was enough. But I won't lose any weight lying in bed warm and snug in my jammies.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:19 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hello all my sweet chickies. I have been mia for so long. I can finally sit up a while on the computer and my attitude is much better. Thank you for all the prayers, virtual hugs etc. They mean the world to me as do all of you! I am feeling better. Going to PT 2 to 3 times a week with no end in site. lol. I got braces on my top teeth and yowza is it hard to eat. What a blessing that turned out to be. lol. I got them on yesterday and had pt today, tomorrow and again on Thurday. Hopefully I will be back with you gals now. I haven't been dieting or exercising at all. exercising because I couldn't dieting because I was just pigging out. So, I hope to loose some weight before the new year instead of waiting until after the new year.

Welcome to all the new chickies and I hope all my old chickie friends are well and blessed.

love and hugs to you all,
Dogpal,
Annie
Old 11-28-2006, 09:19 PM   #10  

sorry sandy i had to give my cold to someone lol!
Old 11-28-2006, 09:29 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Annie -- Great to see you posting -- let's see more of you, here and on the exercise thread! I hope you feel better soon!

I just wanted to let you all know that I posted the December exercise thread! I really hope we get all the help we can, because we are really trying to make our goal of 200,000 minutes of exercise. Think about it. Some fat chicks exercising their hinies off -- 200,000 minutes of it this year! That 3333.33 HOURS of exercise!

Anyway, we are within range but really need help from EVERYONE!! Even if you think you can only do 100 minutes this month, that would help!! Please join us!!!!
Old 11-28-2006, 09:33 PM   #12  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyllenn View Post
Think about it. Some fat chicks exercising their hinies off -- 200,000 minutes of it this year! That 3333.33 HOURS of exercise!
Well that ought to make some of these hinies a little skinnier! Go Team!!
Old 11-28-2006, 09:35 PM   #13  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Michelle - I am so glad your tests came back clear!

Brenda - There is nothing wrong with starting again. I don't know how you do it, being around all that cooking and baking. You are totally right that you need to be healthy for you first or else you won't be able to do anything else.

Annie - I am sorry to hear that things have been so rough for you, but glad that you are starting to feel better. We have been thinking about you.

I am sorry that I don't have more time for stuff today, but I am so worn out with an issue I am having with my boss. Again, I really can't go into it here because it involves company confidential stuff, but it is so stressing me out.

The personal issue that has been bothering me is that I am very close to breaking up with my BF. I have talked to him about it and he has asked me to go to a counselor with him. I will do that since we have been together so long - I figure I owe the relationship that - but it isn't looking good.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:07 PM   #14  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

I had intended to come out here and catch up with the threads I missed while away. Turns out my trip took more out of me than I thought. When I got home from my dentist appt. and other errands I could hardly keep my eyes open and have been snoozing all afternoon. I am still feeling so tired.

At the dentist today, well, actually it was a periodontist, I found out I am going to have to have a gum graft on two of my teeth where the gums are receding badly. I scrub my teeth too hard when I brush apparently and that has caused the problem. I have been warned about it for years and now it has gotten bad enough my dentist sent me to the periodontist. I plan on waiting til January to get it done so I can put some money away in my FSA to pay for it.

That's it for me. I hope to get a good night's sleep tonight so that I will have more energy tomorrow. I called my boss and told him I wanted to take an extra day off tomorrow and he said OK. I just didn't feel ready to go back to work I am so exhausted so I am really glad he didn't mind.

Annie - So glad to see you out here. Sorry you've been having a rough time. I hope all that hard work in PT really helps you!

Mechelle - Glad to hear your biopsies were normal. Melanoma is a scary thing and I bet you are relieved to be OK.

Nancy - Hope the stressors in your personal and professional lives resolve themselves soon.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:28 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Mechelle, so glad the biopsies were ok, you must be so relieved. Bad enough to get them, far worse having to go by plane to get them done! But at least you can look forward to Christmas now, the relief to be 'clear' must be so great!xxxxx
Nancy, I am thinking of you,relationship & work probs are more than enough to drive someone to eat or drink ( both in my case!) You are doing so well, be kind to yourself and WTG on giving counselling a go, hope it works, one way or the other.xxxx
Annie/Dogpal, GREAT TO HAVE YOU BACK!!!xxxxx I hope you continue to recover from your back probs AND I bet you look so CUTE in braces!!lol Just hope you don't get the spots & attitude that normally go with braces, lol! xxxxxxxxxx
Wezi, I can go on the pc now, just not a lot! I hope you get outside with the boys and have fun, keep strong.xxxxx
Brenda, I got your card yesterday, the first one this year!!!! The boys loved the 'sparklies' you put in the envelope. I hope you are feeling better today, we ALL know eating right helps us not just lose weight but look & feel better, DOING IT, is a different story! Just do one day at a time & promise yourself any 'naughties' you fancy on weighing day, it makes it a bit easier & I often find I don't want it/them when I can have it/them. I do one day at a time & it helps me, especially at this time of year! Each day is a fresh, untainted one. Hope it helps. OH & DON'T DO ANY BAKING UNLESS YOU REALLY HAVE TO!!lolxxxxxxx (I don't bake very often as I have to 'taste' it, several times, lol!)
Jilly, glad you are feeling more positive, all that running around & exercise will show on those scales!xxxxx
Misti, glad you are 'hibernating' whilst it snows, keep warm & safe.xxxxx
Sandi, so GLAD your blood is ok, it must be a relief, hope it stays that way.xxx LOVE the picsxxxxxx
Xena, so sorry about your gums, it's weird, you'd think NOT brushing hard enough would be the problem! I hope you get some rest & everything goes well when you have it done. xxxxx
Well I was REALLY good yesterday, until 8pm when I got really hungry & ate high fibre crackers & garlic cheese!!! I hope with walking Aiden to nursery & eating right the rest of the week I can 'pull' it back! My eyes are a bit 'gritty' this morning, but yesterday at my check-up I was told to expect that & that my eyes are doing realy well. What a relief! I often don't heal well, but I have been extra vigilent with the three drops I have to use & NOT rubbing my eyes!! I have to wear big swimming goggle type things at night to stop me from rubbing my eyes & catching them on bedding/whatever, they are SO irritating!!! I wake up with marks on my cheeks & sweaty rings where the seal presses in, still I can SEE when I wake up, so it will be worth it!
xxxsharon
Closed Thread