Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 08:58 PM   #31  
Releasing the inner hiker

Sandy, I have the exact same cravings every evening. I know from past experience that the only way that I don't crave sugar intensely is to cut it completely out of the diet, which is H A R D to do. Right now, I am struggling with cutting it out, so I am buying the Healthy Choice sugar free chocolate popsicles, which are 60 calories each. For some reason, I am not tempted to eat more than one. Maybe this could work for you?

Just wanted to wish everyone a good OP day tomorrow. Today was ok for me, so I'm hoping for an even better day tomorrow.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:58 PM   #32  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi Sandy

You might try a bit of dried fruit... it is very tasty. Be careful though as it is easy to overdo and eat too much. But it is a great way to get a taste of "sweet" without eating "junk."

Also -- if it is any encouragement -- I have found that after the first couple months when I don't eat it, it no longer appeals to me. In fact last night someone brought in a pan of wonderful brownies to our meeting... when the pan was put close to me I was honestly wishing they would move it because it STANK to me. THAT was certainly different from my past!!
Old 11-15-2006, 10:11 PM   #33  
Working on new me in '07!

S/C/G: 293/293/253

Height: 5 foot!

Hello girls!!

I wanted to give you guys my NSV for today!

I'm up to 1500 calories!!!!

That is sooo awesome considering I usually only eat about 500 on the most.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:23 PM   #34  
Believe

Height: 5"7

Hi everyone! Hope the day has been good for you. It's been a rainy day here, but we need the rain and tommorrow is suppossed to be sunny
VOODOO; Glad to hear you are feeling some better. I hope that feeling continues!
AMMI; You are so lucky to have what i consider a small foot, my shoe size (10) is huge like everything else on me, lol. Really im sure you have a better variety available to you. i am a total shoe freak and sometimes its hard finding them in my size that are cool
VILLANDRA: thats a great idea to measure. sometimes if we dont see a change in the scale, we may see it in actual measurements. I hope the paxil will work well for you
JILL; it sounds like you did really well foodwise. i totally dont blame you for not excersising on 3 hrs of sleep! hope you sleep better tonight.
VALERIE: i am happy you are feeling better. im certain you will find a great job soon! I will cross my fingers that the hospital job works out
CRITTLE: thats a cute nickname! Glad to see you posting.
NOT THE CHEAT: im happy that your personal issues are becoming resolved. i am so envious you are going on vacation next week! please take lots of pictures
RLANDRY: Welcome to the board! you will find lots of wonderful people here, that have lots of good advice and are always willing to listen. Post often
LAVANDEL: I can relate to the eating sweet things ( or in my case, anything) that i dont really want or need. for me the worst time is PMS. is that maybe a factor for you at the moment? i had a food snafu over the weekend, but i said oh, well and started fresh monday. im sure you will get on track again soon
LILLION: are you still planning the shopping trip? i wish i lived closer, i totally love shopping when you go, give us lots of details
TOOFATFORU: how is your cold? i hope you are feeling better. i dont watch tv much, but House is a good show!
WYLLENN; You and several of the other posters are awesome with advice and support! you are a real inspiration to me
CHIEMA: I get the worse cravings to eat at night as well. i agree with what ALICEEEP said, maybe the sugar free healthy choice bars or something similar will help
ALICE E: As mentioned above, that is a good suggestion. Have you ever tried the Weight Watchers desserts? they have a few more calories, but they are very good, epsecially the key lime pie!
WEZI AND COLNEEN: the both of you are in our thoughts and prayers.
GOING TO LOSE,BRANDNEWME,SHADIEPURPLE,ANNIE(ANYONE ELSE I MISSED: WE MISS YOU ALL, COME BACK
MISTI, XENA,ELMAY,MECHELLE,: hope your night is going good.
As for me, i cant believe i almost got everyones name today was good. i had a much needed day off before im back to the grind tommorrow. im finding my appetite is decreased this week, maybe because i've been so busy! i just want to say, i truly look forward and appreciate EVERYONE on this board for the support and advice you give. and if i have missed anyone, its truly not intentional. Have a great night
Old 11-15-2006, 10:28 PM   #35  
Believe

Height: 5"7

MISTI AND LOOKING FOR HOPE: We posted at almost the same time.
MISTI: im super impressed you can turn away a brownie, i dont know if i will ever get to the point that i can turn down chocolate, lol
LOOKING FOR HOPE: Very good on the calorie increase! I bet you will feel better since you will be getting more food "energy" Keep up the good work
Ok, now im really going
Old 11-15-2006, 10:28 PM   #36  

Hi Sandy. May not work for you. But my Hubby and I used to eat ice cream EVERY night. We buy SF FF ice cream bars. Since we do WW, if we have the points we eat it and that's that! Actually, we kind of weened outselves out of it over time, and now it's pretty rare. But I find we don't binge or get tempted to run to Baskin Robbins if we have some at home that fits into out plan. There's no need to feel like a pig if you are able to watch the portions - and stick to just one.

Oh, and caramel topping is usually fat free! .
Old 11-15-2006, 11:17 PM   #37  
Each step gets me closer

S/C/G: 307/289/150

Height: 5'10

Holey Fast-Moving-Boards Batman! Geesh, hows a person suppose to keep up! I have been using alot of my online time to check out my new "hobby" and I keep getting way behind here. I'll try to read more often because this place keeps me so motivated!

I have read everything but I just don't have the time or finger strength to reply to 2 whole threads. I did want to mention...

Val: So sorry about losing your job. But atleast it was a peaceful seperation. On to bigger & better things.

Colneen: So sorry to hear of your tragic news. Thats just horrible.

I found my first Geocache today & I was so happy! DH found one the other night while at work & I have been so jealous. So I went out & found one today too, in the rain no less! I really like this. Once I get a GPS then there will be no stopping me!

BIGGEST LOSER SPOILER BELOW!!!!

Biggest Loser was awesome tonight! I exercised while watching it & I was jogging around the house chanting "Vote OFF Wylie". DD looked at me like I was nuts. I can't believe they sent home Marty but his after story was AMAZING. His has been the best yet I think. He looked totally HOT. Any bets as to who is gonna win it? My money is on Eric. I mean he reached 100 lbs tonight, there is no stopping him. Plus his endurance on the bicycle was awesome for his size. He has come so far. They only thing thats gonna hurt him is that he started so big that the % will be harder to get then the smaller ones. Ok, enough of me yaking on about a dumb tv show.

Hope you all have great days tomorrow & I will try to pop in more often!

Last edited by nonamesleft; 11-16-2006 at 07:32 AM.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:13 AM   #38  
ready to lose

S/C/G: 290/285/150

Height: 5'8"

Hello everyone! Im sorry Ive missed so much. I have been doing quite a bit of traveling the last couple of days. I had to take my sister to the Anchorage airport on Monday and the weather was so terrible. It is so cold here at the moment. Seward the town I live in isnt any better. We were actually under tsunami warning yesterday. It was kinda scary but everything is okay.
I want to thank all of you that send your support for my weight loss. I am happy to report that Ive lost another 2 pounds!!! So all together Ive lost 5 pounds! Yah! Finally Im not gaining weight Im dropping it! As for the work at my job. She hasnt gotten the chance to talk to me about everything but I know it will be a great way to move up in the company.
Well I havent been so good on the exercise end of things lately but tomorrow im back on the wagon. Thanks again everyone.

Raven
Old 11-16-2006, 05:43 AM   #39  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Raven--CONGRATS on the loss!

Sandy
--simplest solution: stop buying ice cream I know I could never have just 1/2 cup of ice cream (which is 1 serving, and they mean a "loosely" packed 1/2 cup, not as much as you can squish down into the measuring cup )...I always had a whole bowl (probably at least 3+ actual servings). And so, I no longer buy it. I keep some no-sugar-added fudgesicles (40 calories each) and some sugar-free instant pudding on hand for when I need some sweets, but that's it. I can't have things like dried fruit, either, because those calories add up WAY too fast for me (more calories in some 1/4 cup dried fruits than in 1/2 cup of ice cream ), and I am more of a bulk eater--I can't have just 5 tiny pieces of fruit or 10 almonds or anything like that...feels pointless to my tummy

nonamesleft--heh, I didn't finish reading your post because I haven't watched The Biggest Loser yet...I record it to watch the next day. So forgive me for purposely skipping your post

futurediva--I definitely find my appetite decreases when I'm busy, too, I suppose partly because I just don't have time to eat as much. Also, it keeps my mind off food. When I'm bored at work, I'm constantly watching the closk to see if it's time to eat something yet

LookingForHope--you go on those 1500 calories!!

Lilion--great to see you, even just for a pop in!

Lavandel--my problem with junk food is that once I start, I don't want to stop, plus once I start, I have the "excuse" of, "oh well, I already ruined my food plan for today, so I might as well go all out!" It's a hard mentality to break, but tomorrow (err, today, depending on your location) is another day

Ammi--did you end up getting Subway?

Nancy--
ya know, since you asked me a couple days ago, I have been thinking about my bingeing, too. I wonder if it might be that by eating whatever, whenever, however much I want, I feel in control or adult in that I am able to make that decision for myself, even though I know it's wrong, ya know? I've always been a very "good girl," always had excellent grades in school, always teacher's pet, always did what my parents told me to do...I have to wonder if the bingeing is because I decide to do it, I make that choice all on my own, and I have the ability to act on it. Everyone else tells me to eat less and eat healthier, and this is one way I can have what I want instead of doing what everyone tells me to do. Does that all make sense? Maybe I should stop psychoanalyzing myself...or maybe I should just find a new way to "act out" other than binge eating Come to think of it, when I first got my tongue pierced back in college, I did it because no one would expect me to, and ya know what? I LOVED it and didn't have any difficulty eating less for a couple weeks while it healed (and I got it done RIGHT before Halloween, so NO candy that year!). I know I can't go get a new piercing every time I want to binge, but maybe I need to try to find something else within reason that makes me feel like I'm "going against the grain," so to speak.

Crittle--getting in lots of water was a challenge for me when I started, too. I used to NEVER drinnk water. I would always drink milk, juice, or soda, but never just plain water. Now I drink at least 4 liters a day most days Once you start drinking more, your body will love it so much that you'll easily recognize when you're NOT drinking enough because you'll miss it!

Xena--thanks for the understanding I wish there were some magic book that explains why we do the things we do so I could look up my bingeing habit, say, "oh, that's why I do it!" and stop doing it. If only life were so simple (then we'd all be stick-thin )...

mechell--you're absolutely right...a binge that used to turn into a whole week (or more) of bad eating for me is now more of an isolated incident, and that in itself is a small victory

As for me, I did my workouts yesterday afternoon and this morning, and I stuck to my calories again yesterday. I even added more to my menu at dinner, but still was good (I post my daily menus on the main Support board in the daily "Planning" threads). Tomorrow is Friday. My challenge this week will definitely be the weekend. I know I will have 1 high-cal meal on Saturday (doing a secret shop at an AWESOME restaurant), but other than that, I need to really watch my intake plus try to drink some water (I have a bad habit of not drinking any on the weekends).
Old 11-16-2006, 07:33 AM   #40  
Each step gets me closer

S/C/G: 307/289/150

Height: 5'10

STOP!
DON'T POST HERE ANYMORE!
JOIN US ON THREAD # 1062
Closed Thread