Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 03:15 AM   #1  

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again #1029

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 10-09-2006, 03:23 AM   #2  

Zelma - Oh don't worry, I don't overexercise or push myself...I just do what I feel and when I want to stop, I do...I don't tell myself I *have to* go a certain amount or anything...it's all very casual for me...I just end up liking my walks and they get long sometimes.

Hi Ladies! Had an okay day today...OP wise I had a good day. Got in a 20 minute walk this afternoon, a 12 minute walk to the bus this evening, and a 35 minute walk home from John's work with him. Yippee! 67 minutes! Well I'm off! Happy Thanksgiving to all fellow Canadians!!

Old 10-09-2006, 06:39 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 9" = 176cm

Grrrrr …you know just when you think you're way past the age when people are insulting you with the ‘fat’ words it happened again. If I had arrows in my eyes that man would be dead now.
I was taking a walk on Saturday, cos it was a lovely day and I really felt like walking and there was this man in his 40’s passing me on his bike, calling me a fatty. I mean really, if he was a child ok, but in his 40’s??? Some are just plain stupid! Not only he insulted me he ruined the walk for me..he ruined what suppose to be a nice self-moment for me, what suppose to give the peace and energy to go on. If I wasn’t talking on the phone he would hear some pretty harsh words from me. I just hate people like that.

I remember one incedent that happened last year at the airport. There was this really large girl going on the plane and I was there waving goobye to some friends of mine, and as she passed us one man said some pretty ugly words to her. I knew how she felt cos I heard it so many times. Anyway noone laughed except people who were with him. She didn’t even looked at him but I couldn’t keep my mouth shout. I went to him, looked him in the eyes and said:
“Excuse me, does it work?” he was just staring at me not knowing what Im talking about and I continued: “Does it work hiding your ugliness, fattness and small pennis by insulting others? Im just curios, cos if it works I might start insulting you to make me feel better. But you know what, we all can lose weight but sadly you cant be helped even with the brain transplant” and I just walked away didn’t even wait to hear what he has to say, I doubt he even knew what I was talking about..another proove of his stupidity! Some people lauged but I didn’t care…

Don’t people realize what they are doing? I mean really, how can we force our selves on taking walks and enjoying them, doing excersise outside when all I would be able to think of is who’s gonna be next. I am not shy or whatever but words do hurt and Im just happier not hearing them if possible.
Oh well, I guess we just never get usued to that.

As for more happy thoughts …I had a great OP weekend. I am under 300 pounds…yaaaaaaaaay 299,62 exactly lol, but yeah its under. Have done my excercises regulary and got used to it so much, that I miss something when I don’t do it. I did 15mins of running, 5 mins walking and 25mins of aerobic yesterday and I was out all day walking with my bf cos it was a beautiful sunny day. Yes it was a nice weekend

Thanks everyone on lovely avatar comments

That’s all I have time for now…have fun and be good girlys
Old 10-09-2006, 07:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Lavandel, I'm so sorry that vile man spoilt your walk, BUT BRILLIANT on insulting the guy who called the girl nasty names. I really hate it, it's like 'just because you're/I'm overweight it means you/I are/is stupid, smelly, dirty and are fair game for any moron who wants to insult us. I'm so pleased for you now you are UNDER 300lbs.xxxxx
Valerie, what a beautiful horse you sd had, did she have it before you were with her dad or did you get it her? Either way he was a beaut, hope I can be slim enough to ride a horse like that OH AND AFFORD TO OWN ONE, lol. You don't look that big in your pics either!!! I want to see some of YOU on Gabe's back!!!!!! By the New Year I hope you will be riding him or I'll have to get hubby to work MORE overtime & I'll come over there & ride him!!!!lolxxxxx
TOM has just about gone so I did 35 mins of hard aerobic/toning and I'll be doing the 80 min walk to & from nursery x2, thank God I HAVE to, otherwise my exercise minutes would slip. I was a bit naughty yesterday, I had some (4)of Lilion's choc brownie bran thingies, but I suppose there are lots of things far worse to eat than them!
Ammi, I hope your weigh-in goes well.xxxxx
Everyone else, keep well, OP & exercising.
Zelma, SO GLAD YOUR TEST RESULTS WERE OK.xxxxx
xxxbye for now,
xxxsharon
Old 10-09-2006, 07:23 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hello All,

Just checking in to say the FFM visited even though I had a few naughty drinks and some naughty snacks too on Saturday. I have lost 2 lbs

Sorry I haven't written much lately, nor am doing so today. I have just finished 3 hours of housework, and now I want to make a start on my emails before it's time for lunch. Take care all and happy WIs for this week.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 10-09-2006, 07:56 AM   #6  

Ammi is still smokin on the weight loss this morning! way to go!
Old 10-09-2006, 08:40 AM   #7  

Hi everyone~

Melissa~WTG on getting the exercise..you are doing great!

Lavandel~I am so sorry that man was so insecure with himself he had to insult you. What a loser! I can relate...but in my situation it seems to be my family always saying rude things. They feel the need to remind me how fat I am. Like I forget I am 330 pounds! Some people are so ignorant. Again I am sorry you had to go through that.
On a better note....congrats on being under 300!!!!! You must feel great! I can't wait to be under 300!

Ammi~congrats on losing 2 pounds!

I am hoping to start walking again tommrow. The doctor told me I can start back tommorow. My back is feeling much better. I have been feeling really discouraged about not being able to get excercise. It was first the cold that lasted 2 1/2 weeks and now this back thing. I hope nothing else happens!

Well its still really bad weather here. The wind has been blowing at 40mph plus for 4 days now. It randomly knocks out the internet/cable so I better post this before I lose it!

I hope you all have a great day!

Michelle
Old 10-09-2006, 09:35 AM   #8  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

CYN - I have a tread mill and don't use it much in the summer, but it's great in the winter or late at night to just get a few minutes in. When I first got it (at 335 pounds) I could barely do 10 minutes. I'm in to measuring things, like speed, time, distance, so writing down every day what I had done on the thing was really motivating for me. It's nice because you can have privacy to use it.
* However, you really have to be committed to get your money's worth out of it. Yes, a lot of people end up using them for clothes racks or whatever. I would probably use mine more if it were set up in the living room, facing the tube. Instead, it's in the back room with no music unless I take my laptop back there. A walk-man would also help. Think about where you'd put it and how you'd discipline yourself (when) you'd use it. Then it can be a great investment. I'm sure there are plenty of good used ones out there if you shop around, too.

MELISSA - Happy Thanksgiving Day to you (even if I'm not a Canadian.) WTG on all that walking!!

LAVANDEL - I can't believe it! That's horrible how rude people can be! While I was a trucker, there was plenty of chatter on the CB about 'little fat girls', but no one ever said anything to my face. In fact I used to think it was almost funny that the same gutless wonder who would talk that way on the radio was probably the same guy who opened doors for me in person. I got so that I just laughed at them and made fun of them right back on the radio if need be, but they couldn't hurt me. However, I was always braced and ready for it, and it made me angry, not hurt. When it catches you off guard, it's very painful. I'm so glad you nailed that jerk in the airport to the wall!! Isn't it odd that sometimes it's easier to defend someone else than defend ourselves? ON BREAKING THE 3-DOUBLE OH! Way To Go!

SHARON - We bought my SD that horse when Bill & I first got together. She didn't want him at first because he was trained English and she only rode Western... or THOUGHT she could ride western. I had to really work at talking her into buying him, and then he won her a pack of ribbons and trophys, but she never appreciates anything, including him. I wish I had him now, because I really need a well trained lesson horse. Don't worry, I'll be up on Gabe by the New Year. I had such a splendid time with him yesterday!!! He was the best he's ever been on the lunge line - he even went from trot to halt on voice cue. I had him over by the mounting block, leaning my own weight on him for the first time. He's getting used to the whole idea, and for the first time I as I watched him move, rather than just thinking he was beautiful and will be awesome to ride someday, I could 'feel' myself riding him in my mind. Does that make sense?

AMMI, You're on WW aren't you? or are you doing some other plan? I was wondering if you had any idea what your calorie intake was, roughly? AWESOME job on ditching 2 more pounds!!! Keep on kickin' it girl!!!

MICHELLE - I'm glad your back is getting better and you'll be ok to start your walking again. These setback can be so discouraging, but I just read something yesterday that said "Don't confuse disappointment with disaster" or something to that effect. You're off to a wonderful start, and I'm SO impressed that you don't let the weather be an excuse - you're DOing it! When the days get longer (or in your case, when the sun comes back ) you will be stronger & healthier than you are today!

I have so many things to do today that I hardly know where to start. I better get busy... laundry first, I think. HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY MY FRIENDS!!!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do..."
~ Mark Twain
Old 10-09-2006, 09:42 AM   #9  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone!
Well, my overindulgence yesterday wasn't nearly worth the migraine I got from all that sugar! I am just on my way out the door for some drugs and I thought I would say hello while I wake up. Its a BEAUTIFUL day here so I am really hoping to kick this headache and go walking this afternoon.

Brenda
Old 10-09-2006, 09:55 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 303.5/see ticker/153.5

Height: 5'5"

Good morning ladies!!! Hope everyone had an amazing weekend. Our family reunion was a lot of fun on Saturday and I was able to stay OP and eat only what I brought with me instead of what others brought for the potluck. Yesterday, a good friend had a Pampered Chef Party and I spent far too much money on kitchen tools, but they’re so worth it. We went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse and I stayed OP with grilled salmon and steamed veggies. I had one of the rolls because I didn’t have any other starch to eat so that might mess me up but I think I’m going to wait to weigh in until tomorrow afternoon to give me an extra day to get rid of it. Tonight is 2 hours of water aerobics and I’m pretty tempted to do 2 hours tomorrow night and Wednesday night then one hour on Thursday night as well. If I can get in the habit of doing that every day M-Th, then walking on Friday night after work, I would be set. I want to try to make time to exercise at least 5 days per week because I know on weeks like next week, I have things going on after work until 10:30 or 11 at night and don’t have time to do anything unless I get up REALLY early and that usually doesn’t make me a very happy person. Those weeks, I’ll do some exercise on Saturday and Sunday though. At least that’s the plan for now anyway.

Lavandel – I am so sorry that man was so immature. You’d think that adults would have more common sense than to make comments like that but, alas, some of them just weren’t raised with any common sense. It’s especially hurtful when someone says that to you while you’re out, trying to do something about your health. Grrr. . . they make me angry. I hope that’s the last time you have to deal with that kind of ignorance.

Gotta get back to work, but I will try to do some more personals tomorrow.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:20 AM   #11  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

I have gotten myself in a bit of a funk and am having trouble digging my way out of it. Hopefully a productive day at work and then seeing a good friend tonight whom I haven't seen in a long time will help. I had a not so good weekend. Instead of pushing myself through some bad feelings about work and in general, I let myself wallow in it, which never helps.

Anyway - it was great to see Valerie's picture at long last, and congratulations to everyone who is losing.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:08 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 9" = 176cm

Sharon, you’re right about stereotypes about overweight people, though we might do more for our bodies and appearance then many so called ‘normal’ people.

I guess you have to be large to understand how it is. There is another thing I just cant stand..when some slim person tries to convince me how you just have to eat less to get slim. AAAAARRGGGGHHH just shut up! It’s horrible I’m sure we all had such experiences in our past, people thinking they are sooooo smart, when all I want to say to them is well shove it and leave me alone

Michelle: Oh I’m sorry to hear that about your family I belive it must hurt even more when someone close to you says that. I don’t understand how they can be so inconsiderate I mean they do see how you struggle and should give the support.
But it happens A LOT everywhere, not just about being fat but also about many other things that usually you’re very sensitive about such as skin problems (pimples) or anything else. Parents just love telling you these things usually in front of someone else.
I’m glad my family never did that to me but I do see this happening with my brother and just the other day I told him it is not nice how he treats his son. Hopefully he will think about it, cos I see what it does to that boy when his dad tells him he’s got a bit of a tummy and he is NOT fat, he’s a child for god sakes. I just love the boy so much and it hurts seeing he's getting hurt

Anyway hope the weather is getting better any day soon!

Valerie, thank you, thank you, thank you (singing this with a little girls voice ) I was so happy today when I looked at the scale and it said 135,9kg (299,61lbs)

And you’re totally right about being easier to defend someone else then ourselves. Maybe somewhere deep down we think we deserve this or whatever who knows.

Btw, those horses are beautiful! I wouldn’t ride them but still very beautiful.

Brenda, sorry to hear about your migraine hope you’re gonna feel better soon. Remember it for the next time sugar + me = migraine that’s equal to NO GOOD lol

Amanda, that’s exactly why it bothered me so much. I was just trying to do something good for my health.
I see you had family reunion…that’s so nice. We have our reunion every 3rd year and there’s always around 100 people there, and that’s just close family lol.
Keep my fingers crossed for you to stick to your exercise plan. Sounds like an accomplishment

Thanks everyone for nice words

Now Im off to get sweaty

Be good ladies
Old 10-09-2006, 02:41 PM   #13  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

LAVANDEL, I gotta tell you this story, even if I shouldn't. Where I worked doing payroll before I started driving was a machine shop and there were some good guys and some real jerks. When they heard I had hired my replacement, one of the jerks asked me if she was good looking. I told him I didn't hire her as eye candy, I hired her because she was a competant person who would get him a paycheck every week. He said "How come we never get any GOOD looking women around here?" and I said "How come we never have any good looking guys around here?" He asked me what about so-n-so that I often talked to. (Uh-oh! If I say so-n-so IS good looking we're suddenly an item, if I say he isn't then I've insulted him.) I said "Well, he sure has got YOU beat, doesn't he?" That's when he decided to shut up. Incidently, last thing I heard, the jerk was in prison... on prostitution charges. Is that really the class of loser that should EVER have the power to offend me? So many of them seem to think that the mere posession of that little winky of theirs entitles them to an opinion - that everyone else cares about - AND makes them irresistable to all females! I supposed we can't blame them TOO much, after all, it's been scientifically proven that testosterone kills brain cells.... Although, in all fairness, I suppose the same might be said of estrogen, huh?
Old 10-09-2006, 03:24 PM   #14  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

so me and "the boy" are officially over. i think were still friends. we'll see how wednesday goes, but as far as being kissy and cuddly... well thats over. i went out with some friends the other night and drank a bit too much and got some liquis courage and text messaged (i know im an a*s) him, basically saying that i thought he and i should give dating a try, and he came back with basically that he and i have been friends for so long - blah blah blah... so i just dropped it at that. hes not the kind of person to fight for what he wants anyway. he likes stability. so taking a chance like that might mess up his world. whatever. *sigh*

so i went and dropped some money on an annual pass to disneyland, seeing as i only live 20 mins from there (yes you can all come visit). my friend Michelle and her boyfriend and I all went and walked arround for a few hours and i got a mr potato head with tinkerbell parts its so cute . it was nice to just get out, altho i could have done without them being all cute with each other, they are in love, and i have to suck it up sometimes. so thats my weekend. how was yours?
Old 10-09-2006, 03:46 PM   #15  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

Hi Everyone, Just a note to say "hello" and that we survived the wedding. the day was beautiful, (it was an outside wedding) my daughter was beautiful everything was great! there were a few gliches, like my grandson (the ring bearer) grabbed a tree and wouldn't let go to walk down the aisle.
he kept screaming "no", while my son was trying to pry him off the tree. lol
i stayed op and even had 2 cocktails!
when i weighed in on friday there was no loss to post, but it also became tom
what a bummer.
gotta go. i'll try to catch up later in the week. i hope all of you are well
Closed Thread