3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ And Ready To Try Again #1025 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/95289-300-ready-try-again-1025-a.html)

Lilion 10-04-2006 11:08 AM

300+ And Ready To Try Again #1025

:welcome:

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!

Lilion 10-04-2006 11:12 AM

Heeheeheehee!

Hello! Hello again!
I just had to post again...I was going to wait, but I couldn't!

Just did my WI - even though I usually weigh closer to lunch, for some reason I always lose a pound from 8:30 to noon... and it was GOOD! :D

I haven't lost 90 lbs.
I haven't lost 91 lbs.

I've lost 92 pounds!:carrot:

I can't believe I'm only 8 lbs from 100! I'll be there before the holidays with just a little work! :D

(I still may weigh again before lunch and adjust if need be! :p Anal-retentive me!)

Heather 10-04-2006 11:23 AM

Lilion -- THAT IS AWESOME!!!!! 92 pounds!!!! that is highly carrot worthy! :carrot: :carrot:

keeperofthehome4 10-04-2006 11:52 AM

Lillian~ That is wonder on the weight loss keep it up.

I haven't posted in a few days things have been crazy here. I lost 5lbs this week:carrot: Found out late last week we're moving from Ohio to Maine my husband got a job there. So I might not be posting much as I want with packing and all. Today got housework done and Shay's done with her schooling. Grace has a follow up eye appt to see how the glasses are doing for her lazy eye. And then got to call places to find a new home in Maine. And later I'm gonna knit too much stress gotta knit. Working on a purse for me. Might even take it to work on at the doctor's office. Well gotta make lunch and run.

sandybar 10-04-2006 12:23 PM

Hello Ladies,
I can't believe how much I missed. I'm gonna miss lots more until Monday.
DD's wedding Saturday, mother-in-law flying in tonight, Step daughter issues, swollen SUPER PAINFUL leg, I barely have time to breathe.
I wanted to say I'm still OP and excited about that. Hope all of you have a great week.
Sandy
I'll try to post with my weigh in results tomorrow.

Vilandra485 10-04-2006 12:53 PM

Hi Ladies - Just getting ready to leave for the hospital...fun fun. I didn't get any extra walking in last night (just the 30 odd minutes before) but I had to get to bed early to get up for my appointment. But it's okay cause I will be walking around after my appt. anyways. Well, just checking in..hope everyone is doing good, and :hug: for those who aren't!
Stay OP chickies!

Melissa

NoLifeWithoutHorses 10-04-2006 01:21 PM

Oh my goodness, I don't know what to do first - whether to give :hug: to dear ZELMA or :cheer: for LILION's 92 down!

ZELMA, I know you NEVER would have done any intentional harm to anyone in the contest or the promoters of it... or anyone at all in fact. Your intent and the generosity of your heart are plain to be seen and heard. I'm sorry that things went amuck, but it's clear that was never your intent and you couldn't have known if they hadn't told you. I've especially sorry that you were ever made to feel bad. We love you!!!

LILION, Lilion, Lilion - BrrrrrrravO!!! You're truly back on a roll now lady!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

ALLY - What an adventure, moving to Maine. It's beautiful up there! Please stay in touch with us the best you can, but we understand the demands of moving. Just don't lose us, K? When is the move, or is it ASAP? Congrats to your DH on the new job.

Wow SANDY, You've got a busy - no, hectic - couple of days ahead of you. You've been doing so incredibly well, but I know weddings are tough. Hang in there!!!

Well, I had my driving test this morning. He said he would pass me, but he had some serious concerns. I said "How about I go get a little more practice in and come back?" So that's what we've agreed to do. After 8 years, I'm just too rusty to really be safe. I kept forgetting that wagon back there... and that's ONLY my number one concern. He repeatedly made me promise to come back as soon as I can get some practice. I'm going to brush up on my "anatomy of an engine" too, since my pre-trip was really weak. That part didn't worry him, because I can re-learn that stuff pretty quick, but when you make a right turn, there is ZERO room for error.

He's already run my MVR (Motor Vehicle Report) and copied my license, so I know he's serious about wanting me back. Besides, he told me they're turning down 90+ loads a day because they don't have enough drivers. I liked him; He was pretty straight forward.

Besides, it WILL be physical work, and this gives me another week or two to keep working out and melting a little more tonage. I should be really motivated to 'Pump It Up' with this job in mind. He warned me I'd be tired the first week or two, and since I've done local work before, I'm sure he has NO IDEA how sore AND tired I'll be. The last time I switched from OTR to local driving, I was in better shape when I started, and it still took me 2 months to stop hurting.

Well, I better go find a semi to drive. Anybody got one I could practice on for a couple of hours??? HaHa - I thought not.

Lavandel 10-04-2006 01:52 PM

Just saying a quick hello :)

Lilion way to go girl!!!! :carrot:

Today is my 7th day and in my first week I lost 3kg, thats a little bit more then 6 pounds..I love it :p :carrot:

Had a really good day today aswell, still need to excersise, but thats gonna happen in an hour or so. Hope I'll have time to read everything you wrote...dear god girls slow down :D :dizzy:

Have a nice day everyone :)

NoLifeWithoutHorses 10-04-2006 03:12 PM

GET THIS! GET THIS! GET THIS! In talking with my husband on the phone about this job I didn't get and how much money "I" need to make and how much debt we have, I said idly "How did it get this bad?" and HE says "We're HORSE POOR" and that basically all our debt is because of my horses. So I listened for a while and said, "You know, the debt was already there before we got married." So he said "We aren't gonna go there." Don't you love that?

Gee. So I've worked like a dog for 7 years for nothing more than room and board for myself and yes, my horses, while he's taken everything, but it's MY fault we're in debt like this??? He presented me with yet another of his 2 year plans to get out of debt, and I told him my problem with that was that I've heard so many 2 year plans, and none of them has worked. All my fault I guess. Me and the horses. I guess I haven't been pulling my share of the load all this time, since I haven't paid off his house yet.

Then he started to whine about how he'd have to work in a truck for the rest of his life instead of retiring at 57, all because I just got off the truck, and I pointed out that I would have to do the same - so??

Right now, right at this moment, I could just walk. But first I'm gonna rip him a new backside. For once, I can hardly wait until he gets home.... Hey, does anybody know how many calories being really, really PO'd burns by the hour?

I know how sweet you guys are, and please don't be sorry for me at this point. I made this bed. Every time I get really upset, especially this flatly outraged, I'm actually one step closer to fixing something that's wrong in my life. And that's what we're doing here - facing and fixing problems in our life. It's uncomfortable, but I'm not the first to go through it, and it can only make me stronger, right? It's just one of those things. I don't even feel sad right now... and that doesn't bode well for 'debt boy', now does it?

nelie 10-04-2006 03:32 PM

Valerie - I can't relate to your experience with your husband but I do know about getting yourself into debt and trying to work yourself out of debt. I've read a lot of things about budgeting and getting out of debt. I think if you and your husband want to get out of debt, then you have to work together on a plan and work together to stick to it. One of the key things is to not get into more debt. Then to cut down on current expenses. I don't think it is fair for your husband to blame you for your shared debt. I do think that both of you need to sit down though and look at your income, look at your debt and look at your expenses. Try to cut back on your expenses as well as come up with a usable debt management plan. If you get the job you are going for, I'm sure that will help a lot in cutting out your debt. The problem with a lot of people and debt though is that their expenses tend to increase with their income and you just need to make sure that doesn't happen. It isn't the responsibility of one person, it is the responsibility of both people.

dogpal 10-04-2006 03:48 PM

Nitekat: Congrats on your Dad's house!

Melissa: Sorry you are at a plateu. Hang in there.

Ammi: Thanks for the sweet support!

Val: Hugs. And put some gloves on and punch a bag of oats! Good exercise.

Wyllen: I know you will reach what ever goals you set for yourself.

Zelma: I'm outraged by the way they are treating you. Hugs to you sweetie.

Lilion: Wahoo -92. You are doing amazing!

Ally: -5 congrats

Lavandel: -6 Way to go.

Blessings all,
Annie

going to lose 200 10-04-2006 04:54 PM

Hey guys!
Wow some of you have had great losses this week! I am SO jealous! Although I did have a perfectly great OP day today! I guess having a sucky night last night pushed me into action.

Val~ :hug: sorry you are having problems hun. Sometimes all you need to do is walk. I hope all works out the way its meant to :)

lilion~ way to go girl! 92 is AWESOME

Ammi~ I'm headed downstairs to Gazelle my way back into this. :lol: I'll use you for some great needed motivation :hug: Thanks!

I walked by a ladies desk today and she had a little critter on her desk holding a sign. I thought everyone would get a chuckle from it.

"Its hard to stay positive when even your fat pants are tight" :lol: I cracked up!!!

Until later...
Brenda :wave:

AmmiUK 10-04-2006 04:55 PM

Hello All,

Wow what a productive day I have had today. It started of with me wanting to sort out the airing cupboard, and find a few Halloween decorations I have. Once that started well it had a snowball effect. Not only did I sort out the airing cupboard, I also sorted through all our clothes, kids included, and sorted through boxes of stuff I forgot I had, and now I have 7 large bags and a suitcase full of stuff which I will give to charity. I am giving away a load of board games too, so that should come in handy for Christmas. I also managed to exercise once, and look after Beth, so yep, a very productive day. I still have to exercise before tea, cook tea, and then that’s it, I am doing nothing else today :lol:

Valerie – I must admit that I wondered why you were going for a job on a truck when you had wanted so desperately to stop working on hubby’s one. But then I saw your reply and it all makes sense. From no wages to all that money, I would say that’s a pretty good reason to go back to driving :lol: :goodluck: with the test today, :crossed: that you won’t crunch those gears :D I do worry about the kind of truck you will be driving, a bomb is what you called it :( I hope if you get the job you never have an accident :hug:

Yes indeed I do have a date with the ‘100 Club’ so I am determined to keep exercising even with Beth off school. She is a bit better today, but she has developed an awful cough. Her tummy was hurting before from throwing up so much the other night, and now it’s hurting from all the coughing :(

I had to stop writing this earlier, and since then you have posted again about how the test went. It sounds very promising that the guy kept nagging you to go back again as soon as you get some more practice. The question is, where do you get the practice from? It’s not like you have a semi sitting in the garage for you to practice in :lol:

As for hubby, all I will say is MEN :mad: Take care, and not that I need to say this, but give him **** :hug:

Kimberly – it really sucks doesn’t it when you choose what you consider to be a healthy option and then find out later that it’s not as healthy as you thought! I am glad you got the answers on that Smoothie you had, and hey, I am sure it won’t have been as bad as if you had had a chocolate thick shake or something :D

Jen – thanks for the info on the water. I know it was meant for Zelma, but you have enlightened me too. I tend to spend a lot of time upstairs in the day so only drink 1 or 2 pint glasses of water. But in the evening as I am downstairs I drink about another 5 of them and I am constantly running to the toilet. Now I know why. I am drinking too many close together. Ok I will stop being so lazy now and will have to space them out evenly all day :dizzy:

Yes I would definitely recommend you put a Richard Simmons DVD on your list for Santa :D He has so many I am sure you will find one that you like. I went for the disco one because I love disco music. The work out is great, and like Katt, I did take a while to get the steps right, but once I did it made it all the more fun!

:bravo: :cheer: :cp: that’s fantastic news that you lost lbs and made it to more than 30 lbs in 3 months. And only 1 lb to go til you meet your first 10% goal, you are doing amazingly well :cp:

Kenya – that’s amazing that you could stop at just one Twinkie and 4 Oreos. I know I would be hard pushed to stop with the cookies, and Daren could never stop at just one Twinkie. We can’t get them over here, well not unless you buy online or go to London :lol: So when Daren does have one he REALLY savours it :D

Amanda – I will tell you what everybody told me, and it’s been brilliant advice. Write your replies in Word, or another programme like that, and then copy and paste it onto 3FC. I have lost way too many LONG posts in the past, but since the last time, and switching to typing this on Word I have been saved from the 4 times that something has gone wrong and normally would have meant me losing my post :D Sorry you lost yours, believe me, I know how frustrating it is :hug:

Ok I am officially getting the romance vibes now, not only do you fancy your ‘Jake’ but you think he may fancy you too :cp: Well if it doesn’t happen before, maybe you can get yourself some Mistletoe and get yourself a Christmas smooch from him that way :D

I hope your first water aerobics class goes really well and that you won’t be sore after it!

Lilion – OH YES I am doing the happy dance with your :dance: :dance: That’s wonderful news that you lost another 3 LBS taking you to just 8 little lbs from 100 lbs lost :cheer: :cheer: :bravo: You must be on cloud 9 :D

Thanks for the info on the Brownie mix. When I go shopping next I will see what I can find. I really fancy making them. I did try to make a WW carrot cake once, it was FOUL, yuck. So I hope the muffins will end up much nicer :D

Nancy – that is great news that you will still be able to work out with weights just as long as you breathe properly and also don’t do squats. That’s far better than not being able to work out at all isn’t it!

Brenda – am loving your new avatar picture. Your hair looks really cute like that I must say. Do you call them plaits over there? Or are they braids?

Sorry you got mad at yourself for not making yourself go to the gym. Well look on the bright side, you DIDN’T comfort eat and you should be proud of yourself for that :hug:

Misti – every time you mention Fort Lauderdale I can’t help but think of the Elvis film that is set there. Now of course I can’t remember what it’s called, but I know I enjoyed it :lol:

Is this a silly question, I was just wondering if you could have some kind of cosmetic surgery done when your thyroid scar gets ‘baggier’ as you think it will with age? Would you have something like that done? I have Frankenstein type scars on my thighs and on my tummy after the various surgeries I have had. I would dearly love to have them tidied up, but at the same time I LOATHE surgery. So I guess when I weigh up the pros and cons I will end up sticking with my ugly scars.

Heather – what a very proud moment you will have when you lose that 6 lbs and officially not be obese anymore :cp: I have always hated that word, and hate the term Morbidly Obese even more! I will be really happy for you when you are just going to be considered overweight :D

Amy – NHS is the National Health Service, and everybody is entitled to care from it. If care can be considered the correct word :lol: I know I had pretty terrible treatment when I was in hospital, but that said, I will be forever grateful to the NHS because of Beth. They supplied her with a Cochlear Implant, something that I know if I lived in the US or Australia I wouldn’t ever have been able to afford. So I mustn’t run them down too much.

It does upset me a lot when I hear of situations like you mentioned where people can be given prescriptions but can’t afford to fill them :( Also I have friends with ostomies who either can’t get health insurance, or if they already have it they are very strict with what supplies they can have. I change my ostomy bag daily, but some people I know try to keep them on for up to a week because they can’t afford to change more often than that. Some will even wash out the supposedly disposable bag and use it again :( It really breaks my heart. I mean it’s not just for the feeling of freshness that I change mine daily, there are all sorts of problems that can go wrong like burnt skin from the faeces getting onto the skin around the stoma if I don’t change the bag often enough. So yes, the NHS can be rough, but I am grateful to it anyway.

Oh yes, Daren is really thrilled that I am getting happier and healthier with every lb I lose. Ever since he has known me I have been ill, or having surgery, or recovering from surgery. Now I am getting back to the fun loving person I am, and he love it. I can’t wait to be slim enough to go to a theme park with him. He went with his ex once, they took the kids, and the ex and one daughter wouldn’t get on any fast rides, and whenever Daren wanted to go on a rollercoaster etc, the ex would moan that he was leaving her with the kids. Sooo when I go with him we are going to go on every single ride there is, hence me needing to make sure I can fit onto all of them :D

I love the sound of the punk outfit you have ready to wear, and I hope you will do what you said and get a full length pic of yourself to post on here. If I can dig out a photo of me when I wore my ‘choose life’ outfit, I promise I will post that :D

Are you a member of online WW? Just wondering about the recipe section you got that delicious sounding recipe for Layered Mexican Chicken from. I haven’t been on the WW site for ages, but I don’t remember a recipe section for non payers. Things might have changed though :D

As for your thumb and the surgery you are thinking of performing on it, I would cut that flap of skin off. I can’t see that it would make you more prone to infection, but then I am no expert. All I know is that if it was my thumb that skin would have gone a long time ago :lol:

Loved the story about your friends kids and your kitty, thanks for sharing :D

Zelma – I sent you an email about the situation you find yourself in thanks to the Slimming magazine competition etc. Just want to say here that you are a special lady and I hope you don’t let this all bring you down too much :hug:

Katt – there was a time Beth would look for any reason to miss school too. BUT now she has a BF there, and of course any time away from school is time away from him. She has to travel 15 miles to school every day, and he lives near the school, so she rarely sees him outside of school. Not a bad thing while she seems to be sex mad and only 15 :yikes:

Guess what I ate last night with my WW turkey shepherds pie? Amongst other veggies, I had WHITE carrots. It was very peculiar seeing them white not orange, can they did have a lighter taste than orange carrots. I prefer the latter though, so good job I got loads of both :lol:

Ok I am nosy I admit it, but if you ever want to elaborate on how you didn’t see your dad for 8 years, and how you met him again I would love to hear it. PM me if you don’t want to put it all here, well if you want to talk about it that is :D It’s lovely that you have got such a wonderful relationship with him now. I wish I had been close to my dad. Still, if I was I guess I would have been devastated when he died at 60, so perhaps it’s better that I wasn’t!

Wow you sure did push yourself when you had your tonsils out. Not only checking out of the hospital so soon, but then singing as well by the Friday. I know now that when you have tonsils out you sometimes aren’t even kept overnight. But you aren’t allowed to go out or mix with people for two weeks after the op. I am sure you didn’t stick to those rules :lol: Question now? Is it possible to have a sore throat after you have your tonsils out? Beth says she has a really sore throat, but she had her tonsils out in early August. Daren has had his out and says it’s impossible to have a sore throat if you don’t have tonsils. So just wondering what you think about that statement :D

Ally – congrats on the 5 lbs lost that’s brilliant :cheer: :dance: :cp: :cb: :carrot: You must be really pleased with that!

Great news about the move too, I hope you will be really happy in Maine, and that you will post whenever you can once you are settled in.

Sandy – good luck with your WI, hope you see good results. Will miss your posts while you are busy with all the wedding stuff. I hope your daughter has a wonderful day, and that you don’t cry too much :D I also hope your leg will be ok on the day and not cause you too much pain :hug:

Missy - :goodluck: at the hospital :hug:

Lavandel – Woohoo 6 lbs in one week, that’s awesome :cheer: :bravo: What a great start to being OP :cp:

Annie - :wave: love your latest avatar doggie :D I hope you are having a great day. I will email you later :hug:

When I started this post I had to stop just as I was writing to Katt. I couldn’t read any more because I had the flashing lights and blurring vision, my warning signs that I was getting a migraine. Try as I might, I just could not focus. I feel like I have a hangover now, so never got my last 30 mins of exercise in :( I will try to do an hour and a half tomorrow if I can squeeze it in. I hate to fall behind in my exercise this early in the month.

Anyway take care all, and I will try to check in once more before I go to sleep. Bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi :grouphug:

rkrs6673 10-04-2006 04:59 PM

Zelma- :hug:

Ally - :D congrats on the 5 lbs gone

Lilion- Congrats. I am so proud of you. :carrot:

Ammi- I hope your headache gets better.

I am have a great OP day! Anyway I am happy I have a place to come and type that:) I also love it when my husband says "are you talking to those women again?" He never calls us Fat Chicks :) :smug: Have a great night ladies

AmmiUK 10-04-2006 05:01 PM

Brenda - just saw that you posted again, and you said you were going to work out on your Gazelle Rider. How are your feet on there now? Mine have improved a lot, but they do end up hurting a bit towards the end of my half an hour work out. Nothing like before though thank goodness. Do you listen to music while you work out? I do, and I try to keep up with the beat of the music, it's a good way to vary my exercise on there :D

Take care,

Hugs,

Ammi :hug:

princesspuffypants 10-04-2006 05:22 PM

so i just got back from my WI and i lost 4.4 lbs!!! i am so excited!! it really is a good thing im not an emotional eater... lol

Valerie - you have a great attitude about your situation. this is the advice i give anyone who is struggling with something.

its your life. do whatever you have to do to be happy. period.

lillion - congrats on being so close. i cant wait to have that feeling one day :)

AmmiUK 10-04-2006 05:28 PM

Luan - :bravo: well done on the fab WI nearly 5 lbs lost, yes indeed it's jolly good you aren't a comfort eater. Have you seen 'him' lately?

Kenya - thanks for hoping I feel better soon, I should be fine by sleep time :lol:

Hugs,

Ammi :grouphug:

princesspuffypants 10-04-2006 05:30 PM

(and im 1/2 way to my 10% goal)

kimpossible 10-04-2006 05:32 PM

Zelma- I must have missed it when you posted that they treated you badly at the luncheon- I would have remembered that!! How horrible, and you are so good a person to be trying to be so pleasant with them. I think I would have pointed the finger right back at them for being money hungry no good-ers…but I’m glad you didn’t. I agree with Misti- you are accepting too much responsibility by apologizing and not requiring the gifts- if they wanted silence they should have stated so- instead of saying you would be contacted for publicity. I say put it behind you and know you had good intentions, and you accomplished what you should have-even If they are missing the whole point!

Katt- I think what your doing with your daughter is perfect- if she doesn’t feel pushed then she’ll come to it on her own with your support. I’m going to have to try Richard Simmons sometime- between you and Ammi I have to try!

Lilion- :cheer: :cheer: WOW!! 92 pounds! Awesome!! You’ll be past 100 by the holidays!! I love the idea of splitting the drink sometimes-It’s definitely enough- and then it wouldn’t be so bad for em- Thanks!

Sandy- I’m so proud of you handling all that stress and staying OP- you are almost there!! Good luck

Valerie- well it sounds like the driving test went well. I mean, you obviously didn’t embarrass yourself- he sounds very eager to have you, just need to spruce up your skills a bit, seeing as it’s been 8 years- congrats! I’ve never thought of truck driving as physical work- but just goes to show I’ve never done it! As for the trouble with your husband- I will not feel sorry for you- I’m glad you aren’t letting him walk all over you- you have to take care of yourself and if he wants to blame everything on you, you can talk the same language- I say! Good luck- and no I don’t know how many calories being PO’d burns, but I know it takes more calories to burn than to smile, and that it takes a lot to laugh, so I’m sure being PO’d has to be up there! :lol:

Ammi- sounds like you did have a great day- I wish I could motivate myself to organize something in my mess. Yes – it really was disappointing about the smoothie- I had been so proud of myself for making a good decision, but I’m still glad I didn’t get a shake, that would have been really bad. I’m sorry you aren’t feeling well- get some rest, and if you can’t exercise, oh well- you already did once today!

I don't have time to say much- i'm behind as usual and have a lot of quizzes to do by end of day today. Just wanted to report that I am still OP and getting really anxious to weigh when I go to the gym tonight. I told my DF and he said that I always screw myself up when i do that- I should wait for Friday, so I'm going to try, but I am so tempted!! Oh- I had a couple really nice complements today. I was walking towards one of my friends at work and said hi and she said "hi skinny" which prompted the girl she was already talking to to say "yeah- I was going to say something- how much have you lost? You look great!" my friend who made the first comment is very commited to my weight loss (she knows everything I eat and every time I work out- I think she may be more commited than me :lol:) said "25 pounds about" before I could answer. Not a lot, but it meant a lot to me- I guess when you see yourself in the mirror everyday you don't see the changes those around you see. Okay- quiz time talk to you later!

kimpossible 10-04-2006 05:33 PM

PPP- yeah on the weight loss!!! I love your motto- it's perfect- I think I've now adopted it as my own- you mind?

Lilion 10-04-2006 05:42 PM

Hi All!

So many big losers on this board today!!!! Congrats to us all! :D

Valerie - I hear you! And all I have to say is: Give him :devil: ! You KNOW that you deserve better than that! If he doesn't listen to you give me a call - I'll take care of him! :boxing:

Ammi - Just wanted to say...you can make a great cake by mixing plain cake mix with 10 oz of diet soda and two egg whites. I think it runs about 2 pts a piece (think cup-cakes!) That's all there is to it, cake mix, soda, egg white and bake like you would from the directions on the box. Amazing, but I've done it and it works. You can also do all kinds of combinations. Chocolate with cherry diet coke, yellow with diet sprite. Lemon with diet Mtn. Dew..you get the idea.

Must run - Later my chickies! :D

princesspuffypants 10-04-2006 05:45 PM

Ammi- thanks!!

and no, i havent seen or heard from "him" in 4 days, which normally isnt unusual, but he knows something is up because i emailed him a pretty vague letter, and he hasnt responded. i was gonna go by his work today because he works about a mile from my house at a brew supply shop, and i have a peach cider brewing, but i thought better of it and just came home. i can check on my cider when i know he isnt there. we're still supposed to be going to this big halloween event in a week(ish) so im sure he will call me for details on that. if not, oh well, its on his credit card anyway... lol

princesspuffypants 10-04-2006 05:48 PM

Kim - absolutely not!! please feel free!!! its really the motto that i live my life by. the one thing i will remind you of tho, happiness is the JOURNEY. not the DESTINATION. you will never BE happy. but you must learn to be happy in the moment, and enjoy lifes blessings as they come. *hug*

princesspuffypants 10-04-2006 05:55 PM

Zelma (sorry for the multiple posts everyone)
coming from someone who works in entertainment, i would have to say that they are WAY off base here. if they did not want you speaking to the media, they should have told you, and had you sign something stating you wouldnt. if they didnt, its yours to run with. that sucks they are being petty about it, but i am proud of you for being the bigger (er - smaller bigger?) person here and defending yourself. its pretty crappy that they worded it the way they did, and was completely uncalled for. i think the production staff was completely out of line in even sending out that email because it was just to create drama.

the fact of the matter is, you did an amazing job, you gave them FREE press, and they are being jerks. im sorry that you are going through this.

going to lose 200 10-04-2006 06:10 PM

Hey again

Ammi~ They are called braids here and its the only way I can walk outside and not have my hair flying in the breeze :) And I like them although hubby doesnt much :lol: At least not out in public ;) I didnt get to my gazelle yet but will during biggest loser tonight. I went on a 45 min walk outside with the poochie instead. And yeah, my feet still hurt but I havent used it nearly what I used to!

Brenda :wave:

going to lose 200 10-04-2006 06:15 PM

Luan~ Way to go!!! sometimes anger works FOR us!!! :lol: Great job on losing over 4lbs!!!!!!!

VioletSwerve 10-04-2006 06:17 PM

Nancy--Great to hear you can still work out and do most things you were before. That is great. Just when you are getting in the groove of excercise someone has to mess it up, huh? :rolleyes: Well, glad to hear you are doing ok anyway. :hug:

I hope today went ok w/the CEO being in town!

Brenda--Hey, we all have a license to be in a funk once in a while. Good for you for not soothing yourself with food. I know how hard that can be to resist. ;)

Great that you had a perfect OP day!! You go for it, girlie!! :carrot: And I LOVED the sentiment on that sign!! :lol:

Misti--I hope your church group went great!

Valerie--It takes a lot to gross me out, especially when it comes to food! :lol: That is a good idea to keep some cooked meat in the fridge--so easy to throw on a salad or in a wrap or something.

I'm sorry I misunderstood about how long you have been married! :doh: I think most of us wish we would've had a book like that to save us from some BIG mistakes. You arent the only one who's ever screwed up, that's for sure! :hug: :D

Sounds like you are still doing really well on this challenge!! :high: You are such a competitor, maybe you and a friend/relative should have a challenge like this all the time! And I know what you mean about having your first 100 paychecks spent. Seems like when you go from nothing to something there are ALWAYS bills, etc that need paid and things that have waited so long you cant wait to get some money rolling in.

Hey, great to hear your interview went well!! It sounds like he really wants you. And isnt it great to know you will be in better shape to handle the physical aspect of it! :goodluck: getting some practice on those right turns. I know you can do it because you are awesome!! :cool:

I can certainly understand about having someone always blaming you for everything that is wrong. I'm sorry you are in debt, but you are right--why should you give up everything you love just because he says so? And you shouldn't have to be miserable driving HIS truck just because he wants you to. And you are right--why should you have to keep driving and let him retire??? I hope you can get something figured out on this. I really hope changes are in the future for you because I know you've been frustrated for quite some time. :hug:

Wyllenn--Oh, that is so great!! SIX lbs!! YAAAAAAAY!!!! That is SOOO aweseome! :twirly: :hyper: :yes: That is great that you are loving your new gym and trainer. I am so happy for you. And I believe you can do it!! :carrot:

Thanks for the insight on how much is enough. Sounds like I better get used to adjusting it! :D

Kim--That is a bummer about the smoothie--I was all excited about it too because I love Sonic! :love: Oh well, it will be a good thing for a treat once in a while as it is still better than like an ice cream shake.

That is HILARIOUS about your relatives being afraid of cats!! :joker: It is crazy how many people I know that dont like cats and/or are afraid of them. My mom says she doesnt like cats because they will jump up on her kitchen counters and table. Yes, mom, they wait until the minute you walk out the door and then think "Aw, yes--finally the kitchen is all mine!! I think I'll go dig in my litter box first!! *evil laugh*". :rolleyes: I had a friend who hated cats too and she saw my cat in the window one time and actually flipped him off!! You would think people would be afraid of dogs more than cats. I mean, dogs bark really loudly and can, like, rip your face off and stuff...and they have bad breath. :lol:

Sorry to hear you didnt get much sleep last night. I, too, would love to be self-employed as I am in a similar situation. I hope you get some sleep tonight. :hug:

Zelma--Oh, Zelma that's terrible! :mad: So the other contestants knew you had your story run by another channel, correct? Hence the "certain person" reference. That was horrible email for them to send. They could've just said the channel decided not to run the story, period. It sounds like a lot of things they said in the email were said out of frustration and anger at all the publicity and money they were losing. That being said, it was still VERY unproffessional of them. This sounds like something someone would send to thier girlfriend when complaining about thier co-worker or something. "Certain person"...how crappy of them. And how, exactly, were YOU supposed to know they were competing stations and you giving your story to the other station would put the story being run on this station at risk??? How are you supposed to know the inner workings of how a TV station makes its decisions on what to run when?? And if you hadnt gone to the other station your particular story would not have run because you were not the winner, is that correct? So you were just doing what you had to to get your story out there. I see nothing wrong w/that. I am so sorry they did this to you.:hug: I dont blame you for wanting to rip someone's head off. I think you have every right to tell them exactly how you feel and I think you did so in a very mature manner, much more than I can say for them. If I were in your position I do not think I could've retained that much composure in my writing. And I cant believe they treated you that way at the luncheon. That is terrible.

Katt--Oh, I'm sure it is very stressful with having new expenditures. I know how you are feeling. I am glad you were able to get your fears under control and put it in perspective.

Glad to hear your daughter is still doing some physical activity, even if Richard doesnt exactly appeal to her. ;) I'm sure with her commitment and your guidance she will have no problem making it to her goal by xmas.:cp:

Oh, I think I may just have a cold but if it gets any worse I will definetly go to the Dr. I ended up resisting going to the Dr so long last year because I just thought I had a bad cold and it ended up being pnuemonia! I had to get a breathing treatment and all!! :yikes: But, in my defense, I was still smoking then so when I got a cold it was always really bad. But then again, any cold I had always turned in to bronchitis, too, so I should've known to go to the dr. :o And I know during TOM your immune system is lowered, too, so I will probably end up having to go.

Glad you have been staying OP and actually came in under your calorie goal yesterday!! :carrot: That's great! And doing Richard 4x/wk will be great!! Whoa, I just said "Doing Richard"...I meant doing the video!! :o :lol:

Lilion--Yeah, that would be hilarious seeing the judge as satan!! :devil: And the lawyers could all dress up as rats! :mouse: :lol: Yeah, I like dressing up for work. The poor old guy who runs the till in the cafeteria was kinda taken aback by my appearance today. I hope he doesnt think I'm wearing this because this is how I dress now! He sees me everyday so he has to know I'm dressed this this for a reason...I hope! :o

Oh, I went ahead and snipped it off last night. It actually was a pretty big piece. It feels a lot better now because that flap isnt getting caught on things and getting ripped anymore. I know, yuck. :barf:

Hey, if you make that WW recipe I would suggest cooking it for only like 15-20 min instead of the full 30 min. I thought it came out kind of over cooked as the sour cream was kind of clumpy.

That is great about the WI!! :goodscale 92 lbs is SOOOO awesome. You are doing SO great. I cant believe you are a size 18 now (judging by your pic in the pics thread)! That seems so small! Yeah!! :D

Ally--WOOO HOOO on the 5lbs!! Yeah! That's really great!!! :cheer:

That is quite the move, from Ohio to Maine! Do you relocate frequently due to your husband's job? Wow, I bet packing for 4 kids and 2 adults will be quite the chore. I dont blame you for being stressed.:stress: When are you moving?

Sandy--I'm so sorry you are dealing with all this right now!! Your leg sounds horrible. What has your doc said about it (if you've seen him recently). Any news about when you will be able to go to work? I know you are stir crazy but it may be a good thing that he wont let you work right now. In addition to the pain I'm sure you just dont feel good a lot. Getting lots of rest will help too, as I'm sure you know. :D

I will keep you in my thoughts and send you good vibes :goodvibes for getting thru this weekend with your MIL and your daughter's wedding!! I'll bet she looks beautiful. Post some pics if you can!!

Good luck on your WI!! :goodscale

Lavandel--:balloons: :encore: :woo: :high: :cloud9: on your 6+ lb loss!! That is amazing for your first week!! Yeah girl you are rocking it!! That is so awesome I am so happy for you!!! That is a really great jump start on your first week! I'll be you are feeling so good about that. :D

Annie--LOVE the new avatar!!! :rofl: :lol3: :joker: :lol:

Ammi--Hey, you have done a TON of stuff today!! Wow, girl! You sure didnt let a sick kid interrupt you being productive!! Wow, I am impressed! I am sure there will be many people who will get a lot of use out of the clothing, toys, etc you are donating. I was thinking of having a garage sale and donating the $ to charity but then I thought "How much money will I REALLY make on a garage sale and how much work is it for it to be worth what I make?" I finally decided that more people could be helped if I just donated the stuff rather than have a garage sale.

Great job on getting your excercise in!! You go, woman!! You are still doing great even though you didnt get your other 1/2 hr in. :hug:

Oh, that is terrible about other people not being able to afford thier supplies like that! That really makes me upset that the US doesnt have some kind of program like other countries do. I remember watching a documentary by Michael Moore (I think it was Bowling for Columbine) and they were talking to some teenage kids in Canada. He was telling them about a guy who couldnt get health care because he didnt have insurance. They looked at him like he had 3 heads or something; they were like "What do you mean? The gov't has to provide that. They cant just do that", etc. That has always blown my mind. While we do have really good care here in the US, I guess its only for those who can afford it. If you are REALLY poor then the gov't will pay for it, but my sister was a single mom making $10/hr w/2 kids and no child support and the gov't would give the kids medical but not her. So god forbid the kids get sick but who cares if they dont have a mom to take care of them. :mad:

I already took the pic of me in my outfit today--I will be sure to post it later when I get home! :D

Yes, I am a member of WW Online. I got that recipe from thier "Cook Once, Eat All Week" section. I know they do have a section for non-members, but I am not sure if you can access recipes. I'll just have to PM you the recipe then. ;)

Kenya--Great to hear you have having an OP day! :high: Your husband's comment made me laugh. My boyfriend is always like "are you typing on your forum again?" when he calls and he can tell I'm not paying him my full attention. :o

As for me, I am doing well today. Totally OP. I brought some of that Layered Mexican Chicken for lunch. It is pretty good and pretty filling, which is nice for 6 pts. I'll probably have it for dinner, too. I think I could get used to just cooking once a week. I'm a total microwave gourmet. :joker:

Everyone really loved my 80s outfit today. I had people I didnt even know coming up to my desk and saying "Oh, you look so awesome!" :cool: A lot of them were coming from different depts, too! They seemed to know me but I sure didnt know them...but I guess that is par for the course when you've only worked somewhere 4 mos. :D I guess people must have been spreading the word because I sit at the back of a row and people were walking down here just to see me. :lol:

I forgot until I got to work today that there were prizes for the best dressed today. But alas, I didnt win. Oh well. I think I should've but that's ok. Only thing is the prize was a $20 gas card and I am going to KC this weekend so it would've come in handy. :joker:

Speaking of KC, Nat has Friday off so he and I are going to hunt for appts for me. I wouldnt get there till around 9 or 10 Friday night unless I was able to take the day off, but another guy in my dept was going to take it off so I wasnt able to. Well, I found out today he isnt taking it off so I am able to! :dance: And this sounds terrible, but I am actually really happy about this for another reason. This guy is very annoying and always gets annoyed when someone else is taking a day off that he wanted to take off, so he always tells me how I should be careful so I dont use up all my vacation, :blah:. He actually went thru and took off ALL the Fridays for the rest of the year so no one else could get them. And he ADMITTED that he did it for that reason!! :boxing: He was mad because he wanted to go fishing on a Friday that I already had scheduled to be off and I wouldnt give up being off because that was the Friday before my sister's wedding and I told him that. I think preparing for my sister's wedding is a little more important that his being able to fish...:rolleyes: :mad: ANYWAY, after ALL his preaching to me about how I am going to use up all my vacation time too fast, the reason he cant take this Friday off is...are you ready for this? Because he has used up too much of his vacation and he doesnt have enough to take Friday off. Excuse me while I TURN RED from laughing at the irony!!! :lol: :rofl: :lol3: :joker: Yeah, I am probably a bad person for laughing at that....but geez I cant STAND him!!! :D :lol:

I'll check in after dinner, gals.

Nightkatt 10-04-2006 08:02 PM

Ammi I dont mind talking publicly about my dad :) My parents divorced when I was 5 (almost) ... it was not the most amicable divorce to say the least .. there was stalking, threats, and some abuse (not by my dad .. but by the wife after mum). She was a nutter .. would fly off the handle and throw whatever was at hand .. and then she even smashed all the windows of the car and caravan when she ran out of other things. She also threatened to kill my mum (then tried running her off the road), told me not to call my dad dad as she was now my little sisters dad only (half sis), he was there at the time and didnt say anything .. I was 7. He even stayed with her after she beat up my sister (this was well before all those new laws about child abuse came in unfortunately)... and ignored our words when we told him she was just after her money ... sure enough .. when they finally badgered us out of the family home (which we were supposed to be able to stay in until I was 16) she took the money and split.

I didnt really know what happened to my dad after that ... when I was 14 and at Boarding School (yuck! Thank you step dad! grrr) I got a letter from one of my best friends (he was my first "boyfriend" lol .. you know . the holding hands type when I was 10/11) asking me who I think his mum was now dating (sod didnt say in that letter so I had to wait til the next one! Grrr) anyway .. his mum was dating my dad!!! Linc badgered me for months to see my dad as he wanted to see me. I finally agreed that Cmas, it was hard because I didnt know what to call him but I didnt want to hurt his feelings by calling him by his name or Mr C .. so I never said anything regarding names lol ..

He married my friends mum ... and for a short time we got on ok ... but I wasnt the sort of daughter she wanted (wouldnt stay at home and darn or whatever lol) so we started falling out and it just became more uncomfortable seeing dad at his place .. so I kept coming up with reasons not to visit but would often invite him around. Then I moved from my hometown to the capital so I didnt see him as much ... esp when he left the hometown and moved over to the other coast. 8 years ago we started seeing a little more of each other .. I would go out to his place on the coast for mini holidays and then when the city became too much for me I moved over the hill to be a little closer to him.

In the last 6 years that I have been over here my dad and I have become very close .. he doesnt remember a lot of what happened when I was growing up .. he was hit by a train when I was 2, wasnt supposed to survive .. then wasnt supposed to walk .. and unfortunately it also affected his memory ... its something that I learned to accept .. I will never get the answers to why he did a lot of the things he did .. and I dont bring it up cos I know it hurts him to think he hurt us .. esp me as I was always daddys girl.

So that is the story of me and my dad :) Glossed over a little but its a case of just looking for tomorrow rather than living with yesterdays. I know there are regrets ... and possibly on my side a little anger occasionally lol .. but Im a lot happier having whatever time I have with him now rather than not having the chance to have any time with him at all (as my sisters and brothers have chosen).

Sorry it went on a little .. but growing up in a divorce environment is why marriage is definitely not something I would ever consider .. between mum and dad alone there are 7 divorces rofl. Huggies.

Vilandra485 10-04-2006 08:10 PM

Hi Ladies - First off, thank you to all the well wishers with my test, well, it all worked out - all was fine at the hospital! :) I also got in 40 minutes of walking while I was out and about! :) I will try to throw in some more exercise later...walking with John after he gets home from work and such. He gets Thursday and Friday off - yay! And payday is tomorrow so even though we have a couple bigger than normal bills (alot bigger, lol) it should be nice to have some $$ and get things paid! :) Maybe...just maybe...I might ask John if he's up for some swimming tomorrow evening...the pool has public swim from 530-730 tomorrow. :) I know he has been wanting to go, so if all goes well I will get some nice minutes in in there! Well, no other news really. :D Have a good night all!
Stay OP chickies!

Melissa

NoLifeWithoutHorses 10-04-2006 09:33 PM

Worked out tonight and upped my weights to the 5 pounders. I had just gone from 2 to 3 pound weights, but I really want to push as hard as I can until I start driving... and the challenge thing is motivating, too. Time to push harder.

kimpossible 10-04-2006 09:40 PM

Lilion- I love the cake idea- at two points in WW world how many calories would that be? It sounds so good…

PPP- You have the greatest pieces of inspiration- you are so right, to be truly happy is crazy, but to be happy in the moment is possible, and worth getting to through the crappy moments.

Amy- you really had me laughing again about those cats- especially your friend who flipped it off!! People are crazy! I personally like cats because they don’t take as much work to take care of- I don’t have any pets because of how much I work, but a cat would be much more feasible than a dog.
I’m bummed about the smoothie too- but once in a while I might indulge- as a treat only, and then only half!
What an annoying guy you work with- I hate people who are in everyone’s business telling them what to do- but it usually works out just like this- they screw themselves! Do you have any pics of your outfit from today? I’d love to see it- if it was that popular, it must be great!

Katt- whew-what a story! 7 divorces-that must have been tough! You must be a really great person to be so close to your dad now—I never would have guessed that there was so much negative history the way you talk about him now. I think family is really important (probably mainly because I’ve lost 99% of mine) and I think it’s great that you are letting the past be the past (as much as possible)

Melissa- I’m so glad everything turned out good at the hospital! It’s so good you checked it out, because now you know you have nothing to worry about.

As for me- I did 15 minutes on the treadmill and then my 60 minute hip hop dance class- i always have so much fun in there- it makes me feel so fit to see the things I am capeable of! Afterwards I had a pleasant surpirse- I wasn't supposed to weigh, but I did, and I 'm down two pounds since sunday! I updated my ticker...and I'm almost halfway through my 50 pound loss goal, 1 more pound to half way!! I can't wait to go shopping- Maybe I'll be going before xmas? well-goodnight ladies!

VioletSwerve 10-04-2006 10:49 PM

Luan--FABULOUS job on the -4.!!!! :bravo: And even with the week you've had! It IS a good thing you're not an emotional eater. I'd be UP those 4 lbs and probably then some! :ink: :joker: And that's AWESOME that you're 1/2 way to your 10%!!! Yeah!!

It sounds like you are coping with the situation with dude a lot better now. I dont think I could've stopped myself from stopping by his work. That is strange that he never responded to your email though. How would he know something is up if he didnt mean for you to see his email?

Kim--Those compliments are great. That really does mean a lot. You are doing so well. :cb: That's great that you have such a supportive friend. That really means a lot, I'm sure.

I know what you mean about being anxious to weigh. Its hard for me to only do it 1x/wk--I want to do it every day! But I think that would drive me nuts. There are too many things that can cause little fluctuations that it would make me insane! :dizzy: Oh, update--I see you did weigh and are -2! Awesome!!:woo: :dancer: If you keep up like this I am sure it will be feasible for you to be shopping before xmas. Good job!

You are rocking and rolling with the excercise! You keep it up, girl!! Yeah!

Good luck on your quizzes!! :crossed:

Lilion--I am DEFINITELY trying that cake recipe!! :drool:

Brenda--Your avatar pic is super cute. I love putting my hair in braids, too! ;)

Katt--I'm sorry you had a rough time getting along with your dad when you were younger. It sounds like he made some choices that he probably isnt exactly proud of, but didnt we all at some point. Good for you for being able to look forward instead of back. :hug:

Melissa--Great to hear everything turned out ok at the hospital. Good job on your excercise minutes! :carrot:

Valerie--Great to hear you upped your weights to the 5 lb-ers. You are rocking it, girl! :lifter:

As for me, I had some pasta w/chicken and some parm cheese and olive oil for dinner tonight. I was going to have a little alfredo w/it but that is too high in points and the parm cheese substituted just fine.

I watched my sis's kids while she and her hubby went to pick up her car tonight. She had some dental work done and wasnt able to drive to or from the dentist so had to leave her car at work. Her hubby offered me one of the cookies he made (evil man!! :devil:) and I went ahead and had one. It was a FRESH mint chocolate chip...:drool: But I had 4 pts left for the day so I am still OP.

I think I am going to schedule an appt w/the dr for Fri. I dont seem to be getting any better and my cough seems worse. I am also coughing up quite a bit of "stuff" (ICK!!) that doesnt look good, either. I told my sister I wasnt excercising this week because I have felt really tired and sick, and she said I shouldnt take more than 3 days off from excercising. So now I am worried about that! She said if I sick enough to have to take off more than 3 days then I need to see a dr.

I am worried about not excercising this week. I am worried I wont get back into the groove next week, or whenver I'm feeling better. Hopefully it will be before next week but it doesnt look promising. Ug, I was doing so well!! I went 5 days last week, 4 days the week before, 3 days the week before that, and 5 days the week before that. I just feel like it is finally becoming such a habit and I dont want to screw it up. :stress: But I guess that is all up to me. Its up to me whether I do this or not. Yeah.

My friend whom I bought the jeans for gave me a very nice thank-you card last night and told me she had been shopping at the 2nd hand store for some maternity and baby clothes. I was glad to hear she is finally coming to her senses (maybe?). The thank-you note was very sweet and heart-felt.

I will get the pic posted on the pic thread probably sometime tomorrow. I am off to bed for now, gals. :grouphug:

VioletSwerve 10-04-2006 11:02 PM

K, I went ahead and posted the pics from 80s day at work. Enjoy, all! :)

sabrosaindia 10-04-2006 11:48 PM

Haven't posted in a while. My life has taken a positive momentum lately. I start a new job next week, fell in love and lost a little bit of weight. I just want you all to know that you all inspire me to be a better, healthier me. Thank you

princesspuffypants 10-05-2006 02:41 AM

Amy - i sent him a very vague email about the status of things between us. not telling him i saw what i did, but just where we stand. i know hes been online because he can at least check his email at work (his internet has been down because they are upgrading our neighborhood), but seriously, im so over it. he can call me when he wants to talk, until then, im seriously ready to delete his numbers from my phone. LOL the real sign that i should NOT go to his work is there was construction where i would have had to turn and the street was blocked off. now, im not a religous person, but that was definately God working right there.. lol

kim - im full of a lot of them.. lol

so i went to aquamoves tonight. that was FUN. and it WORKS you!! if you havent tried it, go to a class. beyond that, i got a call from some other filmmakers i know that want me to come help them produce 3 films before the year is out. they are making thier portfolios so they can transfer to film school. i was so honored :). i also got a check back from the car lot where i got my new car, for 160.00. that was awesome. i dont know what it was for, but whatever. now i can buy my tickets to montana :)

also - torrid.com is having thier 50%off clearance sale this weekend. you should check it out. theres lots of cute stuff! (i just spent 100.00 *eek*)

kimpossible 10-05-2006 05:43 AM

Amy- Oh my gosh- I love the outfit!! It’s not even 4:30 in the morning yet, and the picture page was the first one I opened, so when I opened it at first I was like what the…and then I remembered I had asked you to post a post a picture from yesterday-and wow- no wonder everyone was coming to see you-you did an awesome job with the costume, very 80’s punk!
Yeah- I’m always so anxious to weigh when I know I’m doing really good- not so much when I know I’ve made quite a few mistakes. That’s usually what kills me though- because I don’t typically get on the scale after doing real well and be down two pounds like I was last night- and then I get all depressed- I’m just glad last night was good, because now I’m really motivated to lose a little more for my official weigh in on Friday!
I got my quiz results!! I got 3 perfect scores and the rest were 90’s- so I’m thrilled- thank goodness- because I’ll probably mess up the test next week!
Gosh-I’m sorry your still not feeling well. It wouldn’t hurt to go to the doctor- but I wouldn’t stress about not being able to stick to your routine while your sick. Everything gets screwed up while your sick- the point is you started a routine because this is important to you, so when you feel better, you will go back into that routine, and while it won’t necessarily be easy- I know you’ll do it just fine!

Sabrosaindia- Wow! Sounds like things really are going great with you- congrats on the new job! And you fell in love!! And lost more weight! Do we get to hear more- I’m not trying to be nosy- but I used to be a reporter in school- and I sense a good story! I’m so happy for you (whether you tell us details or not). Congrats!

PPP- :lol: It made me laugh when you said you were going to buy your tickets to Montana with the 160 you got back from your car and then you said you’d just spent 100 at torrid! I guess the tickets are only 60? :lol: Just messing with you- it just struck me as funny- probably because that is exactly what I would do- I love to shop, and everytime I get some unexpected cash I seem to end up with new clothes. Right now I’m holding off on the shopping, I figure I’m losing weight pretty steady right now, so I don’t want to waste money- and if I get to that 50 pound mark I get clothes with my DF anyway- so I’m holding out for the big treasure! Congrats with the film students- it’s always nice to see that people really respect you and view you as someone they can learn from!

As for me- i'm just sleepy today. It took me a lot to get out of bed, and now I've been on here yawning continuously. Thankfully today should be a fairly easy day - I think I only have like 3 groups- Plus, tomorrow I won't have any groups- it will be a short easy day- and i'm off the whole weekend! I'm just having to focus on that to get me through today! I have class tonight-and since I'm so tired now, I think I might be taking an afternoon nap today- we'll see...ok, got to stop blabling and get dressed for work- have to leave in 30 minutes and I haven't started getting ready yet! I have had my OP breakfast though! Have a good day ladies!

kimpossible 10-05-2006 05:48 AM

OMG- I just made a realization- I don't have a ticker keeping track of the big picture, so i guess I missed it- but I have less than 200 pounds to lose now! (196 exactly). I just realized it, and i know i still have a lot but when I started i couldn't believe i had more than 200 pounds to lose, and look! I guess for me not always having the big picture there is great for me, because I don't even think about that goal- and then it just slips by! sorry- just really excited!

Vilandra485 10-05-2006 06:32 AM

STOP!!!!!
DON'T POST HERE ANYMORE!!!!
JOIN US AT '300+ AND READY TO TRY AGAIN #1026'!!
SEE YA'LL THERE CHICKIES!!