3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ & READY TO TRY AGAIN #1017(and again lol) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/94658-300-ready-try-again-1017-again-lol.html)

Misti in Seattle 09-27-2006 12:46 AM

Hi everyone. It is late but just popping in to say my new weight loss support group is wonderful! I loved it!! There were 11 of us, most of whom I barely knew or not at all. I am really excited about having it and also so many neat new friends!

Oh I posted this latest progress picture of me elsewhere but wanted you all to see it!!! I am on the right.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...02#post1419402

Idealmuse 09-27-2006 01:34 AM

Misti - You know the only time I ever walked into a store and was purchasing something and they had the nerve to ask if I thought I had the right size was also in Seattle. At the time I was buying something too small as well in hopes that I would fit into it later because I really liked it. Sales people just don't get it sometimes.

Neli - Its funny how our end goals change although you might want to reevaluate as you get closer. From the people I talked with who also weight trained the whole way down they said they didn't lose much muscle mass as they lost, but apparently at the last 20 or so lbs there was a dip down so it might not be 205 when you get there. I know my goal is 150 but I'm also willing to up that a ways until I hit the right "spot"

Going out of town for a funeral so I have to spend tomorrow getting ready to go out of town. This will be the first time I'm away since starting over. I'm going to do my best keeping up with tracking my food and trying to fit some walks in for exercise, but who knows what kind of food will be available. I'm a bit nervous because other times I fell of the wagon it was because of being thrown off track on a trip. Determined to not let that happen this time.

Hope you all have a good weekend see you mid-next week

-muse

Abbeycat36 09-27-2006 03:53 AM

Hi everybody!

WOW I missed a few threads again. Hubby and I were out for most of the weekend doing outdoor things, walking downtown, etc. I was super tired after that. My mind is more willing than my body at this point but I'm fighting hard!!

I changed my avatar photo. I got tired of looking at the old one, and since it wasn't true to how I look now anyway (that pic was from about 3 yrs ago) I figured I should update. Now you can actually see my face. If you are wondering who I am (if you're like me and are bad with names and better with pics) I'm the one who has the 2 siamese bad boys. OH so bad.

Speaking of ... one of my cats mastered the art of the water cooler button, I mentioned that last week. Well since we have gotten 2 new taps that are child taps. You have to push in on one side and then push the lever down. The cat hasn't figured it out so far. HOPE HOPE he doesn't. Otherwise I'll be back to the drawing board again. I love them both and honestly it makes me laugh a little but it makes a big mess on the floor. Yeah sorry I talk about my fur babies a lot, they are like the kids I don't have :smug: (as I type this, he's at the machine trying to figure it out)

I tried to catch up on what I missed but it is SO much!!

Nancy- I feel for ya on the BF thing. I've been in that situation myself. I think it's the best thing to do to try to work it out if possible, of course. I hope he'll see the light. Credit card debt once it gets up there is really hard to get back down. The interest just builds and builds and before you know it you're lucky if you can pay the minimum. :dizzy:

Lillion - OMG what happened to your DH's nephew! that's horrible!!!
It's SO lucky he survived. What an awful thing. I hope they can save his other hand and he'll make it through okay. I hope too that the word gets out and maybe it will save someone else from making one of those bombs.

Misti- I liked your cartoon, it was funny :D
Sorry about your experience at the bra store. Eek.. the nerve huh?
I had someone once come up to me while i was browsing underwear in wal-mart (this was years ago) and she said to me "oh dear, we don't carry underwear in large sizes, none of these will fit you". NICE. Thanks, lady. I was looking to see what sizes they DID have, but thanks for reminding me that I'm "large". Ruined my whole day. and obviously it stuck with me, I haven't forgotten it. Grr. Dumb people. (she was an older lady with a pooch herself so I guess she thought that gave her the right to tell me that). Maybe since you seem to be buying a lot of bras, you might want to go buy one with a LOT smaller band size, and buy one of those extender thing-a-majiggy's. Do you know what i mean? They are like a little square of material with 3 rows of hooks on them. You could put that on the bra and then when you get smaller you could reduce it and then eventually lose it. I have a few of them, they came in a package for about $5. (different colors) Unless of course you enjoy buying new bras, and if that's the case, that's great too. It always feels nice to get rid of the old bras. :smug:

Ammi- nice that you're fitting into some new pants, congrats :D

Melissa - I'm glad you're still keeping a positive mind about things. Your weight loss will kick back in soon. You'll see :smug:

Sorry that's about all that my brain retained.. I'm awful with that stuff unless I take notes.

I am still here and hubby is not out of town so I'm online less. He's going away again in late October for another 6 weeks, so I'll prob be around more then. I'm keeping on plan, exercise is doing really well too, since we've been walking up a storm.

Talk to you all soon!!

~ Angie

voodoo1 09-27-2006 05:20 AM

:hug: Well I'm SO ANGRY:tantrum: :bomb: :censored: , I did most of a post then my internert connection went off and I spent 30 mins trying to sort it out, I had to use a repair thingy we have and restart the pc.
Anyway, Lilion, I'm really sorry about your nephew & I hope he recovers & heals quickly:hug: .xxxx
Violet, sorry about your cat, I remember when you came on before he was having 'trouble' with his water-works. Why don't people want black cats? That's the colour I'd choose if I had one, I hope you can find a home for him and I really understand the guilt about him. We bought a lovely dog (Staffordshire bull terrier) from some druggies who were mistreating him. Even though he has the most wonderful temperament he used to wee the floor when we went out or at night; two dog behaviourists later he was no better. As I got pregnant it all got too much, I would have two babies and a dog to clean up after. Luckily (sadly!) my parents' dog died and they took Tiger (our dog) as they missed him so much AND HE STOPPED WEEING THE FLOOR!!!!!! maybe he needed to be the 'baby' again. Sorry for going on but at least you know I understand your guilt & concerns. :hug: About the meat I try to buy organic or fresh meats wherever possible and cook them from scratch, failing that if you buy pre-packed they shou;d have the salt content on them.xxxxxx
Muse, sorry about the funeral & I hope you stay OP, or at least don't go mad eating bad stuff.xxxxx
Trixiepixie how do you walk a cat????? :?: Has she/he been doing it since a kitten? It fascinates me!! At least he/she won't pull your arm as much as my old dog did!!!lolxxxx
Misti, the bra thing shocks and amazes me!!! I worked in a food shop after graduating and whilst looking for a teaching post, I always tried to help, but it would be like me telling a fat woman 'No cakes for you, try the veg!!!!' It is so rude!!!! In the UK we seem to have the opposite probs in bra shops I've been to, you really have to ask & wait to be measured!! Though I know which one I prefer!!:lol: xxxxx
Xena, glad to see you're back,:hug: I know how you feel, I hate to stick to my plan, or any at the mo, but I'm forcing myself, one day at a time and looking forward to Saturday when I will have some 'naughty' stuff after weighing in. Have you thought of researching different plans or is it a mental thing like mine? Hope you feel more positive and KEEP COMING BACK HERE FOR SUPPORT!!!!!!xxxxxx
I forgot the rest, what with the pc being a pain in the bum!!!:rollpin::mad: lol. I feel really fed up, I can't take any meds til Friday when the old ones are out of my system and I feel REALLY CRABBY, if someone says/does the wrong thing to me today I may just have to kill them,:devil: :mad: :tantrum: :boxing: :crazy: lol!!
I have been totally OP and exercising 75-105 mins each day and 4 of the 7 lbs have gone, but I only have til Saturday to lose the other 3. I was really hoping to change my ticker DOWNWARDS...sob.. Still I was a pig :ink: for 2 days, shame it takes 7 DAYS TO UNDO IT!!!:joker:
Oh well....
Take care & stay healthy,:hug:
xxsharon

Xena2005 09-27-2006 08:16 AM

Amy - My Y membership is only $26 because the company I work for subsidizes our membership there. The normal fee is $40-something.

Misti in Seattle 09-27-2006 08:34 AM

Good morning, everyone! Abbeykat, love the new avatar photo... looking good!

LOL about the underwear... amazing how rude sales clerks can be! Ref. bra extenders, they won't work for me because I have the opposite problem... by the time I fit into a cup size I have to SEW UP the sides of the bra to make the band size smaller. No I sure don't enjoy blowing money on bras LOL.

Muse... guess Seattle has quite a reputation LOL.

Sharon, oh no about losing your message! Bad bad computer!! And as for people with their measuring tapes, actually I can't remember the last time here I have had anyone try to measure me. I think generally it's pretty hard to come by here too... though I've never tried because I never wanted it LOL.

AmmiUK 09-27-2006 08:37 AM

Hello All,

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, can I just say OUCH!!!! I didn’t do that many crunches yesterday, but my ab muscles are REALLY feeling it today :dizzy: I did attempt to still do at least some of the crunches in the work out again today, but nope, it was too painful. So I ended up just doing some leg work etc while Richard carried on with the crunches. I am glad that I could at least do the rest of the work out again. I do have a concern though, does the fact that half the time I feel like I am getting the steps wrong, or just don’t have enough room to do them properly mean I am not getting the work out I should be? I still end up in a sweat, I just don’t feel like I do when I do WATP and that’s only for half an hour. Maybe I am having so much fun that I just don’t feel like I am working out :lol: Oh well I am only doing it this week and then next week it’s change time. I quite like the sound of Richards Latino Dance DVD. Might just ask Santa to bring me that for Christmas :lol:

Patti – no you aren’t in a rut really. You have lost those extra lbs, got back to your ticker weight, and lost a couple of lbs besides that. It was only your last official WI where you didn’t see a loss. So don’t lose heart, keep on with the exercise and green tea, and the WW diet of course, and :crossed: that you will see a good loss on Friday.

Trixie – when you say you are taking your kitten for a walk, do you mean on a leash? I used to have a gorgeous little hot pink harness and lead for my kitten when I lived in Australia. As a kitten she loved to go for walks, but she soon grew too independent and would shoot out the door when she shouldn’t. So no more need for the lead then.

Xena – I saw an ad for that Blast and Tone DVD, it came with special bands to work out with too. Is it a good DVD? When I was looking for Richard’s website last night I came across two things to do with him. First of all, did you see him when he was on Whose Line Is It Anyway? I found a clip of it, and I laughed so much, not only at Richard, but at the audience reaction. I swear they were nearly wetting themselves :lol: The other thing I found was so crazy, it was a news article about Richard getting arrested for slapping some man. The man in question is an ex con, 6 foot 1, and weighs nearly 300 lbs. He made some remark about dancing with the oldies, said it was meant to be a joke, not anything nasty. Anyway Richard was angry at him, and told him not to pick on people who may have issues and he slapped his face. The ex con only went and phoned the police and got Richard charged. What a jerk. Thankfully the charges were dropped, but sheesh they should never have been made in the first place!

Enough about him though, I am sorry you are still finding it difficult to stay OP properly. It does sound like work has a lot to blame for that though, and I am glad that you are managing to keep to some more reasonable hours and that you are able to work out a bit now. Hopefully getting back into a routine will inspire you to stay OP and once those lbs start coming off that should be motivation enough to keep you strong :hug:

I don’t think you should keep your membership to the ‘Y’ not if you aren’t using it at all. Like you said, you can exercise at home AND you are thinking of joining Curves, so use the ‘Y’ money to go towards Curves. When you joined before why did you have ambivalent feelings about it all?

Kenya – yay you are back. Hope hubby wasn’t too late getting home after the rain delay. Did he bring you and the kids lovely gifts apart from bringing himself home of course :D

Looking forward to seeing your progress pics!

Valerie – yes it is wonderful to realise that endurance is building, though tell that to my abs today :lol: I hope you aren’t suffering as well after doing your crunches yesterday :D

NO you can’t be serious, are the powers that be trying to say that Ketchup is to be considered one of the kids 5 portions of vegetables? That sounds crazy :dizzy:

Was that film you watched called Ice Castles, is it the one where the figure skater goes blind? I read that book in high school, and have watched the film a couple of times. It’s a fave of mine, and I cry at the end every time.

Heather – wow you amaze me more and more with how much you are changing, and I love how it gets you thinking. It does very much seem like you are beginning to enjoy exercising :cp: It will certainly make the rest of your weight loss journey and then maintaining your new weight a lot easier if you like to get out there and exercise. So glad hubby is enjoying it too.

Amy – very well said!!! You are right that expensive as it may be to have to buy smaller clothes as the weight comes off, it COULD be worse, we could be having to buy bigger clothes instead. Putting it like that sure does put it in perspective.

Oh yes I love Lost, and did enjoy the finale last night. BUT still so many questions to be answered, I can’t wait til the new series starts but guaranteed it will be months after you get to see it. You might have to give me a few spoilers if your sis lets you watch it at her house.

Yes I guess your friend could have been right that crying at the end of her run would be an emotional release. I think for me it was bit of emotion at actually being able to do the work out, and having Richard saying YOU ARE special etc. I have spent so long feeling like I am not special, even moreso during my depression, that when anybody says I am, even Richard generalising :lol: it gets to me. I went to see my doctor just before she changed my anti depressants. She is a firm believer in positive thinking and was trying to get me to focus on the good things in my life and about myself rather than the bad. I started crying and said there are no good things about me. She said there are, and named a few, and said I am a good person and so special to Daren etc, and I just howled :lol: No wonder she changed my meds :D And thank goodness they work :D

Aww I am sorry that you are going to have to give up your cat, you sound so upset and guilty about it :hug: You know you are doing the right thing though, you aren’t just fed up of the cat and want to get rid, you have very valid reasons that he can’t stay with you. You are going to find him a good home, you aren’t going to put him in the pound. He will be fine. You can even get the new ‘mommy’ to stay in touch with you just to let you know how he is getting on. He will miss you, but he will adapt and be happy, so try not to be too upset :hug:

How’s the thumb now, sounds like if you had been slicing a little harder you could have cut the thing off :yikes: You be careful in the future :D

:bravo: another lb down, I am so glad you have realised the importance of mini goals. They really do make all the difference, even when you think of it as the quote you mentioned, I can’t lose 100 lbs, but I can lose 10 lbs 10 times. Makes it sound so doable doesn’t it, that’s because it IS :D

Sue – that cartoon is so funny. Somebody sent it to me the other day, and I made an email background with it because I loved it so much :lol: I wish I had the guts to wear a t-shirt like that :D

Muse – sorry you are having to go to a funeral, I hope it won’t be too awful. I also hope you will manage to stay OP while you are out of town, but if you don’t, just try to limit the damage a bit. You know, maybe eat what’s on offer, but don’t eat too much of it.

Angie – I love your new avatar photo, it was nice to see your cats, but even nicer to have a better picture of you :D Good for you for changing the photo!

Sharon – I will tell you what I was told when I lost my last post, use Word to type it up. If you save it along the way then even if your PC crashes you will have your post there ready for when you get it up and running again. Sorry that you had the PC probs today though and of course that you lost your post. That is sooooo frustrating.

Good for you for being totally OP and doing so much exercise. I bet by your WI you will have lost those final 3 lbs, and maybe 1 more besides just to keep you going on that downward scale slide :hug: You should be proud of yourself for being so motivated this week especially as you are having to go without your old meds in preparation for the new ones you can take on Friday. Just two more days and if you are anything like me, you will wake up Saturday morning feeling amazing!

Ok I have to go make lunch now. Will be back later I am sure. So take care all and bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi :grouphug:

toofatforu 09-27-2006 09:16 AM

Ammi i hope you are right.. i need my scales to show a loss bad!

Lilion 09-27-2006 10:02 AM

Don't post here!

Follow along to the next thread!
# 1018~