Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 08:12 AM   #16  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Height: 5'8"

Good news awaited me this morning, the quilt I was hoping would sell did sell. Now I have to make some more, oh darn. LOL, I love to make them. I am feeling pretty good foodwise. My daughters made massive batches of chocolate chip and peanut butter cookies and I didn't even snitch a lick. That's victory in my book! I am looking forward to weigh in this friday morning and my TOPS meeting later in the day. My pants are starting to be looser. My tastes are changing, I don't miss soda anymore and the thought of sugary stuff for the most part, is gross.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:48 AM   #17  
Hang In There

Before I get into all the excitement from work yesterday, I want to ask for good thoughts/prayers for my oldest son. He lost his job that he had had for 13 years. He ran the pro shop at a bowling center. The center was sold to a group of investors at the first of the year, and he was expecting to be let go at that time. Well, he was one of the few that they kept and he thought everything was going along good until he went on vacation a couple of weeks ago. The week he was gone they brought in a "big name" professional bowler to run the pro shop and ran all kinds of big ads in the bowling papers and other papers too to come visit the pro shop this week and have you ball drilled by a "professional bowler" When DS got back from vacation he was told that this "big name" was going to work "with" him. Well , I guess they decided they couldn't afford both of them, and DS is now without a job. He has never done anything else besides work in bowling center, and there are not that many around. He is married, has a 5 y/o son and his wife does not work. So they are without an income, both he and wife are looking, but please pray they find something SOON!!!

Now to the fun and game of my office. Well both the NM and other girl showed up for work this morning. Bets were placed on both, since wifey was coming back. (I know I told you the NewManager was a former prison guard, but had I mentioned the other girl (employedabout 6 weeks ago, in the middle of all this latest commotion was an EX MARINE?) well the ExM was the one that wifey want to get rid of, but wouldn't back down. So Monday morning ExM comes to work with a letter "formal complaint" about harassment from Wifey. A very well written, well documented letter(yes I read it, even though I was not supposed to) She gave the original letter to The Administrator (husband) and copies to Human Resource Lady, and ALL 9 doctors.
Then she calls the police and files assualt charges on wifeybecause of a physical incident that happened last week. She claimed she did not feel safe in the workplace with wifey there. The police came and talked to her and registered her complaint, but said they could not do anything yesterday, but if she touched her again to call them and they would bring her in. Well the poiceman had ExM in the Admin office talking to her and Admin came in and mad the policeman leave. told him that was HIS office and for them to GET OUT!!!
Meamwhile down the other hall the doctors were meeting in their offices. A little after noon 2 of the docs brought wifey into the Admin's office and told her to get out and not come back, so she left, then they told Admin that they were having a meeting this morning to discuss the situation. Yesterday the pool was 1) Will they fire the Admin? 2) will the Admin quit because they were ugly to his wife? 3) will wifey make Admin quit? Any of you want to put up any money? Place your bets now!!!
So you can see how much work we got done yesterday.

And Mother: Good idea about the skin. My boss/friend is having surgery a week from today 10/3 having her breast lifted and all the sking removed from her arms. (now more bat wings!!!) She had WLS about 2 years ago and has lost about 130 pounds. Insurance is not paying anything on it because it is cosmetic. Maybe she could make arrangements to "Sell her skin?"

Lillion so sorry about your nephew.

Terri, so glad you are having a great time, you needed a fun break!

Thin sorry Shipshawana didn't work out

Angela, Sienna and Valerie, good work on staying OP. One of these days I'm going to get back on track. Yes I know I keep saying that, and I realize that all I'm doing is talking, but at least I keep comming back here, so at least it's on my mind.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:36 AM   #18  

Hello, dear hens. I miss you all!
Old 09-26-2006, 01:34 PM   #19  
Beam me up Scotty!

S/C/G: 310/218/140

Height: 5'6"

Chickies!

Just checking in, everything is fine here, just not in much of a posting mood.

WI yesterday, down 2 pounds.

Siena, I feel ya on that knee injury! Wiped mine out years ago, went into a full leg cast for a couple months then a few months after getting back the strength played racketball and "POP" there it went again. Probably looking at a replacement down the road.

Terri, sounds like you and DH are having a fabulous time touring the country. YEY for you! Mmmm...Baileys...

Angela, just one step at a time...it's all good!

Barbara, WOW! My money's on the ex marine! She knows how to cover her @$$! But not knowing everything it just sounds like wifey NEEDS to get out. Good for the docs!

Lilion, so sorry to hear about your nephew. What are these "kids" thinking? I couldn't help but think of a local girl, 18 years old, that had just gotten her license and was out on the freeway racing friends. She swerved into another 4x4 forcing them off the road, they flipped killing the 3 inside. They happened to be visiting royalty (prince, princess and driver) from one of the polynesian islands, here to gather support of expaits to reform their country to democracy. The girl now sits in prison waiting for trial, lives ruined, a country mourns. So sad all the way around.

Valerie, crossing my fingers on the interview!

Mother, I find my tastes changing too, but I still can't imagine my triple chocolate cheesecake or my vanilla ice cream with Baileys tasting gross. DARN! Not that i'm craving any more mind you, but the allure is still there! I guess there's always hope.

Celery!

Off to study and work. Have a great day!
Old 09-26-2006, 01:48 PM   #20  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

BARBARA, Sounds like the ExM is as disruptive as wifey, and Admin isn't doing his job, or at least not all of it. Sounds like both wifey and ExM need to go. Did I mention that I was available? At least till next summer when the weather starts getting to hot down there for us yankees. Stick around and try to get back on track when you can. Would it help to set a target date to do it? If you plan it you could shop ahead of time with your improved menu in mind. Also, there's a new "One Week, One Habit" thread if you want to just do something small without going too hard core all at once. * Sending prayers up for your DS & family! What a tough spot!

Hi all! I copped outa exercise class this morning cuz it was a different routine. It actually looked like fun, but I was so totally lost that it was just too frustrating. I went and walked at the high school track instead. Hoping to get a Curves workout in tonight too, at least a short one. I'm in a really hard core phase with this 6 Week Challenge thing going on. I'm totally up for it and playing by the rules. I promise, I'll do ya proud!

C-Ya 'round!
Old 09-26-2006, 02:22 PM   #21  

Good Afternoon Ladies!

Is it Saturday yet? Actually, I need it to be last Saturday!

Thank you for the good thoughts on my nephew. I actually was wrong on his age, he's 23...a very STUPID AND IMMATURE 23. I suppose it does no good to be angry - God knows he's paid enough - but every time I think about it I get mad. Such a stupid waste. I've been told this activity (making homemade bombs out of fireworks) is all the rage at the moment around there. I remember when I was a kid my brother tying a bunch of firecrackers together to see how big of a bang he could get - same thing, but on a much larger scale. The ATF has called as it was a homemade bomb after all and they have to investigate - but everyone knows (including the investigator) that it was a case of Redneck rather than Terrorist. He wants permission to use him as an example for talks he gives in the high schools. Maybe some good can come of it.

Valerie-At least you started the class - better than my total lack of enthusiasm.

Barbara-Consider your son prayed for. I hear stories of down-sizing and people losing jobs after years with the same employer all the time - I'm sure it's awfully hard. Ahh! Office drama! What can I say but...WOW! And now they really can't fire exM without it looking like retaliation for the police report! Sounds like a lawsuit in the making to me. Boy are the bosses in a pickle with this one. Hope you can manage to get some work done in that place.

Karen-Horrible about the accident you mentioned. I feel old just saying it but, "Kid's these days!" Seriously! Have their brains been damaged by ozone depletion or Global Warming or fossil fuel emmissions or something? I swear we're getting stupider as a species. on your 2 lbs!

Celery-We miss you too! What's up with you these days?

Mother-You have my absolute admiration! There's NO WAY I could make cookies without eating some. NO WAY!

Angela- Hope all is going well! Are you getting into the swing with classes?

Terri-Sounds like you are having a great trip! Good for you! You made me want liquor the other night...Bailey's on ice-YUM! Or Bailey's and Coffee - another favorite of mine. How about Bailey's mixed with chocolate ice cream in a blender? Can you tell I like my Bailey's? And I NEVER buy it! Only way to keep from drinking it!

Well, I really must run. Having missed a day of work I now have even more to do! Hope you all have a happy, healthy OP day!
Old 09-26-2006, 03:18 PM   #22  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

MOTHER! SO SORRY I missed your post on my last post somehow! Awesome that your sweet tooth is going away, you're off the soda (1 20oz bottle a day = 25 pounds a year I just read) and WOW! on turning down those cookies!! Today is my girlfriend's birthday and she's a believer that cake is a NECESSITY or it isn't a birthday. I love her, but I told her someone else would have to get her the cake this year. I'm fine if it's not in the house, but if I had to see it & smell it right now, my fingers would be in it! Great that you sold that quilt. I'd love to learn to do that. Always thought it would make a nice gift for DH, especially if he were out there on the cold highways and byways by himself, but I never seem to have the time. I won't give up hope - there's a wonderful quilting shop right around the corner from me that even gives lessons. Some day...

No word on the interview yet. I know they had more interviews today, so we'll see.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:45 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

We're home!

Bear is sacked out on the floor and he'll be a goner for a day or two. We missed the big butt.

We do have a problem though. Someone stole Spice and replaced her with a different filly. She has turned bronze while we were gone. And not only that, she came right up to me and let me rub all over her neck, back and butt. Is this the same little fart who would only barely let me touch her just a few days ago? It felt great finally get to do that with her. Ornery little fart that she is. I just wonder what DH's cousins did with her while we were gone. Cindy had to have done something. Oh well, that now means we can begin training!

We've unloaded the car and I will probably be a slug tonight. Although after riding in the car all day, I should do something productive. I am off tomorrow so I can get up early and get back at things.

I'll try to catch up on replies in the morning. Have a good evening!
Old 09-26-2006, 10:08 PM   #24  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

I'm still working on very gradual eating and exercise changes, but the good news is that I have actually exercised--not very much, but still, intentionally--for nine days in a row. Might not seem like much, but exercise is a very hard habit for me during the school year, so I'm pretty pleased.

So Terri are you going to keep the Replacement Spice or go looking for the original?

Barbara, All good thoughts for your son.

Lilion, How sad to be used as an example by an ATF investigator! Yeesh. Yes, I'm "in the swing"... so swinging that I never seem to stay put. With my extra classes, it just feels like I'm always working on what needs to be done immediately, never a chance to stop and think or anything. That's okay, though... next semester is going to be HEAVEN ON EARTH.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:27 AM   #25  
Hang In There

Terri I guess Spice missed you!!!
Yesterday was an unusually quiet day at work. wonder what that means? And we are supposed to have a big company dinner at a fancy local seafood restuarant tomorrow night (paid for by drug money) Wonder how many will show up?

Nothing else new going on. Have a great day everyone.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:46 AM   #26  

Morning ladies,

Yeehaw for one more day off. I think we're going to the license bureau so I can change my last name on my drivers license and the same for the bank. Did I say earlier that this summer I finally changed my legal name to my married name? (after 8 years of marriage ) Big pain in the rear but I got tired of having two names. How's that for romance?

I think I'll keep replacement Spice. My brother was the culprit. He's not as horse crazy as my mom and I but he likes Spice. He got her in a position where he could scratch and rub on her but she was trapped between her mom and the corral panel. He said he worked on her an hour each day for a couple of days. She still bit him once and kicked at him twice (good girl). He was going to have a halter on her by the time I got home but he figured I might not like that. That would be similar to haivng Marissa trying to ride Spanky when I wasn't around and it made me rather irritated.

So today begins the road back on track. No excuses this time. Its time to quit sabotaging myself and get back on the cardio exercise. I am going to have to journal my food so I can count calories again.

Angela - Great job on making nine days in a row for intentional movement.

Lilion - I lived redneck growning up and we had kids doing stupid things back then too. However, I don't think anyone made bombs. Blame that on the internet and the availability of passing the information around the world. We had a teen killed just yesterday as he drove to school because he roared up to the stop sign and pulled right out in front of a truck pulling a work trailer. T-boned the car and he didn't have a chance.

Valerie - Sounds like fun stuff. I need to get my girths organized so I can see if I have what I need in order to start putting saddles on both Spanky and Phoenix. Time to get back to training for them too. on the interview!

Barb.G - I am sorry to see that about your son. So unfair. When do the docs have time to see patients in your office with all the office warfare going on?

Celery - Where've you been? Are you studying too?

Lilion - How about Bailey's with a splash of milk and caramel liquor - called a Milky Way. Hmm, maybe it was Kahlua instead. Good but loaded with calories so I don't keep it in the house either.

Karen - Good to see you checking in too. How's all the classes going? I remember those days all too well even though it was 9 years ago. I worked full-time and did all my college degrees at night. It takes a lot of committment so I admire all those that do it.

Mother - Cool that your quilt sold. And great job on passing on the cookies. That takes big resolve. I've found that my tastes have changed but sometimes my mind doesn't remember that. I think my cravings are more from memory of eating things than really craving the taste because when i eat it I find that the taste wasn't all that great. You'd think I'd learn from that.

I better go let the horses out and maybe get started on unpacking and laundry. DH and the dog are still sleeping so I think I'll leave sleeping bears in their den for a while longer.

to everyone!
Old 09-27-2006, 10:44 AM   #27  
Beam me up Scotty!

S/C/G: 310/218/140

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!

Well, wish me luck, i'm off to my first 2 midterms...on 1.5 hours of sleep!
Old 09-27-2006, 11:00 AM   #28  

Good Morning Ladies!

OH! I DID NOT GAIN WEIGHT! I refuse to accept what I see on the scale today. I don't care that I ate a 1/2 a country-fried steak with gravy and hash browns on Sunday - that alone is NOT enough to make me gain. I KNOW I hit 238 this week. I know it because I SAW it on the scale last THURSDAY and I've been good since, with the exception of the weekend which was NOT enough to make me gain 2 lbs! I ate too much salt and forgot to get my water in this week and so I am scrapping today's WI! I bet you anything by Friday the stupid scale will say 238 again!

Okay, deep breath!

Karen - Good Luck!

Terri - Glad Spice has been "tamed" and is now loveable! That's when babies are the best! Enjoy your last day off! Had you changed your SSN to the new name and just left the others? My poor son still has two names, although he was adopted by my DH five years ago!

Barbara - Eat good on the druggies! Seafood - a good place to stay OP!

Angela - Nine days in a row is VERY good!

Valerie - Hear anything on the interview yet? Keeping for you!

Thin, where are you!?! Ruth??? Mary????? Come on Ladies!!!!! Helloooooo!

Not much else to report! No news on the nephew. Hope you all have a good day! Me...I'm going to wallow over the results of my WI while still refusing to admit it! Then I'm going to get some work done!

HAVE A GOOD ONE LADIES!
Old 09-27-2006, 01:07 PM   #29  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Height: 5'8"

Terri, I agree on the memory of how it tasted versus how it really tastes. My nose and mind tend to make things better than reality.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:14 PM   #30  

Hi,

I'm back from the license bureau. We decided not to drive up to the bank. DH has a cold that one of the old farts at the reunion gave him so he's not feeling too well.

I've weighed in, screamed, gotten over it and plotting food for the week. I think I am going to find my Biggest Loser workout DVD and get my exercise area set up so I can also have room for aerobics.

Now I'm off to finish ironing.

Lilion - No you did not gain weight. Just a temporary thing and that scale WILL say 238 again before the weekend.

Karen - Good luck on the tests!!! And rest tonight!

to everyone! I'm off to do some ironing and laundry.
Closed Thread