Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 09:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Default 300+ And Ready to Try Again...#1010

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 09-18-2006, 09:28 AM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Oops Ammi caught me trying to sneak a post in as she was trying to close out the other post

Anyway, I hope everyone had a good weekend. I had a pretty good weekend. I went hiking, did things for school and did a lot of errands. I will try to catch up a bit later.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Me Again

I had an NSV since I last wrote here. I bought a lilac summer tunic top a few years ago. It was on sale and I just couldn't resist buying it despite the fact it wouldn't fit me. Since then I have gained weight and the top looked worse than ever, fitted where it touched, showed all the bulges etc. I found it tucked away in a drawer today so I decided to try it on. It's TOO BIG for me now I will just have to wear it around the house that's all, I have to get some use out of it!!!

Sharon - yes I am sure staying OP as much as I can and increasing my exercise helped me with the good loss this week. I am catching up with you, so you better get a move on

Kenya, Patti and Valerie thanks for your congrats, you gals better get your pom poms ready for 25 lbs time when I hit the big 100

Valerie - phew, glad the FFM made it back in plenty of time to take that lb away from you We have to be so careful that we send her on her way in plenty of time for everybody to get a visit from her

Nelie - sorry I posted the stop post before you saw it I wish we could all lock the threads like the moderators do so that it can't happen. I always feel guilty when I post the Stop the same time as somebody else posts a message

Hope you have a great day

Gotta dash, it's exercise time Bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 09-18-2006, 09:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 316.5/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

HI I'm new here put an intro in the other post I think on sat. Can't wait to get yo know ya;ll better. We didn't do much this weekend but hang around. Kids we're sick so we couldn't do much. Well best run for now.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:05 AM   #5  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Valerie--oh, I do go down the stairs in my building every day...going down is the easy part The only time I use the levator instead of stairs to go down is if I'm wearing heels (which is VERY rare--maybe once a month) and if I have my grocery cart with me (when I go grocery shopping once a week).

Ammi--congrats on the -5 and on the NSV!! That is awesome!

Keeperofthehome4--WELCOME to our group! I've not yet found a place that offers better support, advice, caring, and friendship on the internet!

Oh, as for my doctor's appointment last week, everything is just fine, despite the month-long TOM (someone asked a couple threads ago...). They gave me advice they very well could have just given me over the phone without my having to wait around forever (saw the doctor at 9:20 for my 8:45 appointment ), but at least she also did a "mini exam" to ensure everything was okay. My blood pressure is borderline high (130/80), which I attribute to not exercising at all (what, light walking for less than a mile 4 times a week didn't cure it? ). I need to make sure to keep my BP down or else they will take me off the BC pills, and I sort of can't go off the pills since they serve the purpose of ovarian cyst prevention, not just birth control. My first WATP DVD should arrive within the next week or 2, so then I'll have no excuses (yeah, right--I am QUEEN of excuses )!
Old 09-18-2006, 10:30 AM   #6  

Talking Monday!

Hello All!

Well I survived a weekend of camping...but my diet suffered horribly! I was all set to be good and try to keep the points in check...I even took my one-point homemade soup with me. NOT! I ate like an absolute PIG! I'm not going to try to phrase it nice and say I made bad choices - I just consciously disregarded the whole thing. As an example, Sunday we got up and broke camp and at noon we found ourselves at Waffle House – for those of you who don't know what Waffle House is - they are known for their waffles (big surprise) and their hash browns that you can get covered with onions, ham, cheese, mushrooms, chili, etc... mostly, it's a heart-attack on a plate breakfast place. So, of couse, we ordered the all you can eat – and I ate all I could. Then we stopped at the Russell-Stover outlet and got candy on top of it! On the up side…Waffle House was my only meal of the day, but it was horrible! Nothing like a little 3000 calorie breakfast to start you off right. (I don't actually know the calories-I'm just being sarcastic.)

I am attempting to repair the damage today with a modifed Jilly diet. I had oatmeal for breakfast and veggie soup and fruit for lunch. I'll make sure dinner is filling and very low point and virtually all veggies and fruits. But I probably am not even going to record my weight on Wednesday – Hopefully it'll be like Chicago and after two weeks I'll show a nice drop instead of a gain.

Otherwise, camping was okay! I did a lot of archery...but it was unseasonably HOT on Saturday and I'd packed for COOL so we ended up worn out about 3 p.m. and took a nap instead of finishing the tournament..Not that I was doing too well anyway. My ranking in archery is - well, is suck a rank? But I enjoy trying. I really need to practice more.

Keeperofthehome4 This is a terrific place for support!

Amy's back! Kaylee's back! Hooray!

I need to run...much to do and less time to do it! I'll try to catch up on reading the threads I missed later! Have a good one ladies!
Old 09-18-2006, 10:47 AM   #7  

good for you on your loss valerie. Ammi that is a great nsv and welcome keeperofthehome!
Old 09-18-2006, 10:55 AM   #8  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

Good Morning Friends!
Please, let me again say that I'm very excited to have found you.
I've been reading previous posts and feel I'm starting to know some of you already.
Sharon, Congrats on the boots and the chair. That's awesome!!!! I personally think that is a great accomplishment and I can't wait til I don't have to check out the size of a chair before sitting down.

I totally didn't stick to my food plan for yesterday, but when I logged everything into my fitday.com account I still came out ok. That was a relief.
Who knew I could still have chinese and be ok. :-)
It was shrimp chow mein, not general tso chicken (my favorite), but it was still good.
I had go get blood work again this am for my stupid blood clot. They're trying to get the right dose of blood thinners and it feels like it's taking forever.
I should get to go back to work on Thursday and I'm excited about that. There's only so much sitting around with you feet up a person can handle and I was past that the first day in the hospital.
I hope all of you with colds and the flu get better soon and I wish everyone a successful day. ........i can't say week, cuz i need to do it one meal at a time right now.
FYI, I'll only be weighing in once a week or even once a month cuz I go to the dr to get it done. I don't have a pair of scales that won't get whacked when I stand on them. But, I'm going to keep track of measurements and getting winded when walking and other stuff like that.
Talk to you soon.
Sandy
Old 09-18-2006, 11:32 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 316.5/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

Thanks ya'll for the welcome
Old 09-18-2006, 03:23 PM   #10  

boy is this board quiet today or what?
Old 09-18-2006, 03:44 PM   #11  
Again, shall we?

S/C/G: 400/376/180

Height: 5'10"

I've missed so much- the last time I logged in was Friday- which was also the last time I even tried to stay OP. I knew i was in a bad track, but this weekend I really blew it. I'm scared to get on the scale, but i have to, I have to get myself restarted. It's killing me that I don't have my foods from nutrisystem. I'm not good at thinking about what I'm eating, but unitl it arrives, I'm determined to count calories, not going over 2000. I know I can't keep it up for very long, but hopefully until I get the food it will help me get on track. That will have to start tomorrow, seeing as today has already been bad. I didn't work out Friday or Sunday, so I'm behind on that too. I'm frustrated, but determined that I was just sidetracked, not giving up. I feel like I've already said that so many times. I've learned my lesson though- need to order food far enough in advance that I won't run out.

I've tried to read through all the posts that I've missed, but have no hope of truely catching up. Welcome to all the new people congratulations to all the losers and hugs to everyone having a hard time.

I'm making myself accountable to being back on track right now- tomorrow I will report that I have eaten my calories correctly, and today- I'm going to the gym.

Have a good day!
Old 09-18-2006, 03:46 PM   #12  

good for you getting right back on track!we just got to take it one day at a time !
Old 09-18-2006, 03:47 PM   #13  

Hi Ladies...I'm feeling a smidge better today...and I got in a 25 minute casual walk with John last night! Well, nothing else is new, lol. Still OP, still trying to get rid of my cold. Off to play Pogo!! Hope everyone is doing well - and congrats Ammi!
Stay OP chickies!!

Melissa
Old 09-18-2006, 04:17 PM   #14  
Amy

S/C/G: 443/306/175

Height: 5'7"

Nightkatt--sounds like you had a great weekend! I'm proud of you for resisting Burger King AND for limiting yourself on the sweets! Good JOB! I really dont like Subway so for me giving up Burger King for Subway is amazing!! Yeah! And your before/current pics look great! You are doing a great job!

Wyllen--I'll be sure to get on the excercise thread ASAP! Thanks!

Kenya--I can really see a difference in your face in your pics. You are looking good, girl!

Ally--! I, too, started earlier this year, only lost a small amount, fell off, and am now back on. South Beach is pretty livable, I've done that before and didnt mind it.

Trixie--Great job going down a pants size! Clothing size means more to me than the scale most times.

endthereign--I'm sorry to hear you are dealing with so much stress. I hope your daughter is ok.

wryrprincess--GREAT JOB on the 11 lbs! Yeah!

Kayley--Hey girl! I havent forgotten you! I just came back myself

Xena--Yeah, I remember you! Glad to see you again! There are so many things that 1 lb gain could be attributed to, I'm glad you're not sweating it too much. Sounds like you have a good plan in place for getting back on track!

newsnerd--I'm so sorry to hear about your car and truck! Car troubles are the worst. I really hope you're able to figure something out for you to get to work. on the 4 lb loss!

4menow--They were making fun of people for eating spinach on the radio, like acting like the only people that eat spinach are health food/organic nuts or whatever. I'm thinking, hello they sell bagged spinach at WALMART for crying out loud! What a bunch of morons!

Brenda--Yeah, I never quite understood why you have to "convince" a dr to do something to YOUR body. Its your choice, not the Dr's!! Weird.

Ammi-- You are right, the less we want to be OP the more we need to be here. I really value all the love and support I get here. Everyone is so great. I'm glad to see you are still here, too! And on the -5 AND the lilac top!!

Dogpal--I'm glad to see you are still here, too! Having internet access at work definetly helps me get on here more often

Sandybar-- This is a really great place. We all "fall off the wagon" so to speak, but I have finally realized that all that matters is getting back on. It sounds like you have some really good goals in mind. Good for you! I'm sorry about the blood clot and that its taking them so long to figure out your medication. I'm glad you'll be heading back to work soon--that ought to make you feel good. And as far as the weighing thing, NSV's mean so much more to me than the # on the scale, anyway, and I'm sure they will to you, too. Oh, BTW--I LOVE Chinese food!!

Melissa--Good for you for having a positive attitude about not being able to excercise. I'm sure as soon as that cold is gone you'll be back to kicking butt!

Jill--Great idea on the workout videos from Netflix! I have a Blockbuster Online subscription so I'll have to check that out! How do you make turkey meatballs? I am a total novice cook and I'd love to know!

Vicky--Ug, acid reflux sucks! I am lucky that Prevacid helps mine. But I ran out this weekend and it was kinda bad. I've just been taking OTC stuff until I can get a refill. I cant imagine having it so bad like that.

Valerie--Those boots sound awesome! Yeah! I totally would've bought them for $6!

Sharon-- on all your NSV's! Yeah! Its funny how things like that you dont expect there to be a change or really notice, but then you see the difference and its like "oh yeah, I guess that does make sense" Good for you!

Valerie-- on weighing in at 280! Wooo hooo!! That scale can be so frustrating sometimes! I know we all try not to let it bother us but its so hard! But I love it when its on my side!

Lilion--Oh yes, the Waffle House! I LOVE hashbrowns...they are dangerous! Yes, I know a lot about the whole "good intentions" thing (i.e. bringing the low-point soup, etc). It seems like the weekends are always hard for me, especially the weekends Nat is here. But this coming weekend he will be here and I plan to REALLY impress myself!

toofatforu--I was thinking the same thing myself!

As for me, I'm doing really well today. I'm staying totally on plan and will work out at Curves later.

I think I've decided that I dont want to work in Customer Service anymore. I dont really feel its for me. I'm not really a "people-person" apparently. I just get really irritated with people a lot of the time and it just makes me hate my job. I just hope I can find some other type of work when I move to KC. The problem is that customer service jobs are usually the highest paying for people without degrees, so I will probably end up in some type of customer service job in KC.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:28 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Valerie -- Glad to hear the scale went down... I do think it sometimes take a while for the scale to reflect our behaviors (both good and bad).

Ammi -- I have had that lilac top experience with a bunch of clothes. I missed my shot to wear a lot of things. Oh well, I'm not complaining, as I fit into smaller stuff now anyway!

Jill -- glad to hear you're getting on board with the exercise! You'll do it!
Closed Thread