Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 12:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Default 300+ And Ready to Try Again #1021

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 09-30-2006, 12:26 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8.5"

Arrghhhhhhhhhhhhhh these thread changes!!!

I posted this in the old thread but it got AFTER the post saying to stop... so here goes again.

Hi everyone... just rushing through again!

Princesspuffypants, sorry about the relationship; bummer. Been there, done that, know how devastating it can be.

Ammi, sorry the ostomy is causing you embarrassment. I had a close friend who had one of those so am aware of how difficult the adjustment can be.

And actually I do lose a lot in my boobs fast... but they were SO huge before and I have lost so much that am wondering if it is going to slow down some. But I did lose 6 pounds in September so it's not so bad. I am spoiled to usually get 10 or so.

I am disappointed in my water aerobics class. Just tooooooo wimpy. I decided to switch over in the middle to the shallow water one but it was wimpy too. The woman teaching it must have weighed close to 400 pounds... now I am NOT anti fat people... I ARE one... But in teaching water aerobics there was NO WAY she could even DO strenuous aerobics. Oh well... Plan B.
Old 09-30-2006, 12:33 PM   #3  

I went to WW to weigh in this morning and I am down 7.2 pounds since last week! I am so happy about that. I fully intended to leave before the meeting but it was full and I decided for some reason to stay. I loved it. I'm so glad that I did. It was so motivational and fun. I got a 5 pound book mark which I love. I love prizes. For all the comments on my Yoda doggie in my avatar, I love him too. I have a few dogs in halloween costumes that I hope to post for October. I don't want to offend anyone but I think they are cute and all in good fun. After Halloween I will put my photo back up.... Sharon

Amy: Good for you going to Curves and doing at least some of your workout!

Val: Okay, you made a tiny boo boo last night now, a new day today and up and onward towards you 20 pounds you will make it girl.

Melissa: I'm sorry that you are in a funk right now. I was thinking that maybe you could look over your before and after photos and spend some quiet time reflecting on how you felt then and why you wanted to get healthy. Maybe that will motivate you back to our old energizer bunny Melissa! (I know it is a banana but I didn't see a bunny)

Luan: So sorry about you boy. Maybe it is an old relationship that the email girl can't let go of? Hang in there sweetie.

Patty: on another pound lost! You go girl.

Brenda: HMMMM. I'm very interested in your hydrocycling? please tell us about it?

Ammi: OH, boy, I didn't realize that all this time I was wondering where to send my Christmas list to and you had living in your house all the time. So, Darren is Santa eh? lol Hugs my friend. I did loose 7.2 pounds today and better than the weight loss I feel so much back on track, so motivated to keep that coming and reach my first goal! I love the idea that Nancy wrote to you about the purse thing. I hope something will help you feel better. Please try to think about the alternative to not having an ostomy is not being alive! I'm so glad that you are here and in my life! Think of that bag as a life saver maybe.

Nancy: I haven't seen Cute overload ever. Now I'll have to go and check it out. I got all the doggies in Halloween costumes from my sister in an email saying no wonder some dogs bite their owners.LOL I am so happy for you being hips under 60". So wonderful of an NSV

Sharon, Zelma, Newsnerd, Brandnewme, Crock, all my missing chickies, hope you are doing well and know you are missed.

Blessings and have an op day today,
Annie
Old 09-30-2006, 12:40 PM   #4  

Misti,

Not to cause conflict or anything but, I am well, well over 400 pounds and I can do water aerobics and very strenuous ones too. As a matter of fact, every class I take I can outdo pretty much everyone in it as far as strenuous and having more stamina goes. I had to switch to laps when I was swimming to get enough of a workout in. Just a FYI it isn't necessarily because your teacher was "close to 400 pounds". Perhaps she was just more out of shape than you.
Old 09-30-2006, 02:25 PM   #5  

dogpal you are smokin! you are doing great keep it up!
Old 09-30-2006, 02:29 PM   #6  

Hey everyone~

Just a quick check in. I am doing good. I think I am not stretching enough when I do my walking. But I will still ask the DR about the back pain. I also realize I need to chill on weighing so much! I keep getting on the scale twice a day and all its doing is driving me nuts! I am actually going to "attempt" to wait a week to weigh. (see how long that lasts! lol )

Ammi~Sorry about the problems with the shirts and ostomy. That has to be tough when you want to wear shirts that aren't baggy.

Annie~Congrats on the 7.2 pounds lost! That is so great! Oh and your yoda doggie is too cute!

PPP~Sorry to hear about the problems you are having with him. I know that is hard to deal with.

Well girls I will do more personals later.

Hope you all have a good day!

Michelle
Old 09-30-2006, 02:45 PM   #7  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Oh, dear LUAN, I’m so sorry that he’s been such a bum! I can only imagine what a shock it was to you. Hard to even talk to him I would think because of how you found out, not that talking about it would change it anyway, but… I don’t know what to say. I can’t imagine how awkward the vacation would be.

LAVENDAL, being human is what got us all here, and the struggle we have together to change our lives, our eating and exercise is what it’s all about. Trust me, you aren’t the only one with a skeleton in the closet… besides, it’s the right time of year for skeletons!

Go PEARL! Errands burn calories! …It’s the stops at Micky D’s and Auntie Anne’s in between errands that kill. You sure are off to a really good start with those 12 pounds down!

Oooo, BRENDA – what a great idea!!! I’ve been intending to go get apples, but picking them myself never occurred to me! DUH! More walking, man I need that today, even if it is damp and dreary out. You are BRILLIANT!

SANDY, yes, the free weights are a great idea! There are a lot of things I’m discovering that can be done with out being on your feet, (some of them people even tell me are fun. )

AMMI, so great that those t-shirts fit so nicely, but I can sure understand your feelings about the Ostomy bag sticking out. I’m so proud of you for your wonderful commitment and the example you set, I’m sorry to see you have a bummer dampen any of that excitement. You rock, lady!

KIM, I hope your next WI brings you a pleasant surprise! * When I over do (like last night) I don’t think of the added exercise so much as a punishment as just a price to pay. You want something? You pay for it. That’s fair, but punishment is something most people resent. It carries a negative, judgmental feeling, and since what you’re really doing is bettering your life, perhaps making it a negative thing is defeating. Go ahead and do the exercise, but isn’t it a good thing that you have the opportunity to burn those extra calories? A chance to right a small harm against your body by doing it a favor and making it stronger? SEIZE the positive, not the punishment. Go girl!!

NANCY, Thanks for the vote of confidence. The scale wasn’t rude this morning, in spite of the sodium I must have taken in. I credit that to having had, like, 100 ounces of water yesterday. But I know any real fluctuation of weight won’t show until Sun-Monday. I know it’s nothing in the BIG picture, it’s just this challenge thing. Like KIM, I’m going to be ramping up my exercise to burn off those extra bites. **AWESOME for you about getting those hips down!!! What a wonderful thing! Nice that that women took you out, and you found such a great place to eat! A 3D friend on a serious wt loss mission at your own club is a very good thing to have!

Hey there MISTI! Just keep spashing around, I guess. * Yeah, my hooters are starting to deflate, too. I’d don’t care about losing them, as a matter of fact being a B cup sounds wonderful to me. I just wish they didn’t look so sorry on the way down. I was a DDD or F, and I’m a pretty solid DD now. I sure with there was a plastic surgeon in the family!

Woo-HOO, DOGPAL – starting a new thread! Thanks. ** I love your Yoda dog too. I’m looking forward to your other Halloween pooches! ** Thanks so much for all your votes of confidence lately. I haven’t responded to them all – I don’t always know what to say. But I want you to know how much they mean to me! ** As for the DOWN 7.2 pounds,
YEEEEEEEEEEEE – HAAAAaaaaaaa!!

I’m glad the group was fun. I’m in to little prizes myself. The bookmark is a cute idea! I keep telling myself that I’m a grown up, but it’s no use. I just love little things like that. ** As for the laps & H2O aerobics, GO GET ‘EM WATER WOMAN ANNIE!!

As for me, I attacked the machines this morning, worked up a proper sweat, checked my weight & BFI and am back on the wagon again after my night of debauchery. A week ago I got the BFI/BMI machine to finally register 50.0% for the first time. It had always read ERROR before because I was so heavy, and when I tried it a second time last week it did that again – ERROR. Today tho, it read 49.5!!! Also, my ticker weight is my home scale, first thing in the a.m., wear nothing but a smile weight. Today my fully clothed, after breakfast Curves weight was even under the 280 mark - 279.5, but hey, it's under. So where ever you are today, Fat Fairy Mama – You da best!! Now I think I’ll go clean the house or break open a belly buster tape or something!

(Did I just say “clean the house”??? Now, Wyllenn, THAT’S freaky!)
Old 09-30-2006, 03:09 PM   #8  

dogpal - More doggies in Hallowe'en costumes? Yay! SUPER CONGRATS on -7.2 pounds - WOW! Now THAT earns a dancing carrot!! Woo! Thank you for your kind words; hopefully I won't be "lost" for too much longer. I do look at my progress photos when I'm feeling down..it's just...I think I need a new battery to be the energizer bunny I was in August! I'll keep looking and maybe I'll come across one. Thanks again.

Hi Ladies - Not really any news just dropping in...I was going to weigh myself this morning but I didn't, lol, scared to I think...after that +2 and all. Well, even if I do lose weight this week now I still won't be able to move my ticker down, GRR! Maybe I will go take a peek and see where those 2 pounds are. Hope everyone is doing well!
Stay OP chickies!!

Melissa
Old 09-30-2006, 03:20 PM   #9  
Again, shall we?

S/C/G: 400/376/180

Height: 5'10"

So far so good today, I think I do so much better when I'm not as busy with work & school. When I'm running around it's hard to focus on eating right and the goals I have in mind. Today- since I'm off work I guess I'm able to not get as distracted, not an excuse, just something I need to make myself conscious of. I'm really hoping I do well today so that hopefully when I weigh tomorrow the FFM will be nice to me, since I haven't had a visit in a while- It's my fault, but I still want her to come!

Valerie—you are right, punishment is not the right word for it. I guess the gaining weight is what I view as punishment and since I want to keep that from happening I called the replacement the same thing. It won’t help me at all if I think of that way-I’m realizing now that you’ve said it. I guess I can just view it as a way to avoid the “punishment” of gaining weight!

I have to run and pick up my stepson. Have a great day!
Old 09-30-2006, 04:05 PM   #10  
Amy

S/C/G: 443/306/175

Height: 5'7"

wyllenn--I totally think those weights are possible for you! I was really amazed when I came back tot his forum and saw that you are under 200! That is amazing! You are really rockin' it, girl! You'll have to keep us posted on how you like your trainer.

Valerie--That IS nice your Curves is like that! At my Curves they dont exactly throw you out, but the lady was like "go ahead and finish" and I said "well, I have clear to there to go" and pointed to the station and she said "Oh..." so I kinda got the hint.

Yeah, you're a total troublemaker. You are so funny!

It doesnt sound like you were TOO bad. You could've done a LOT worse. And one meal isnt going to weigh that heavily on your overall success. Like you said, just start over today.

Sounds like you're already hitting it hard! You go girl! You give that weight a run for its money! I am so proud of you for being under 280 at your fully clothed Curves weight! That's AWESOME!! And so cool that you got the BMI machine to register. That's great!

Misti--Oh, glad to hear you are just up the 2. That probably sounds funny to say "glad to hear you gained weight" but I misunderstood you earlier and thought you were up more that that.

Hey, if weighing yourself like that makes you happy, go for it! Sorry you were disappointed with your water aerobics class.

Melissa--Sorry about the +2 and that you're feeling, shall we say, less than motivated? It sounds like you're still in it, though. Even if you lose some of the battles you're still fighting the war. Or something. I've never been one for philosophy.

But you know you can do it. Like you say, you just need to find your original motivation and get going again. At least you are still OP and havent completely thrown in the towel. I think that is something to be VERY proud of.

And hey, I really enjoyed looking at your pics! I didnt think it came off as vain at all! You really can see the difference more when they are side by side. I notice it the most in your midsection, legs, and face. You are lookin' good, babe!!

Luan--I am SO sorry about your boy. Oh my goodness. I kind of came back in the middle of things between you two so I dont know the whole story, but from what I've read you guys have known each other for a long time and just recently started casually dating, maybe leading to something more, right? So it isnt a case of him not knowing where you guys stood with each other, right? Is it possible he thought you guys were just friends? I highly doubt it, but thought I'd ask. Even if that IS the case the fact that he never mentioned this other girl to you is NUTS and very shady and just an overall underhanded thing to do. Sounds like a case of him wanting his Kate and Edith too. I'm sorry you're going to have to go thru with the vacation by yourself and figure out what to do with the other that is already paid for, not to mention going to Vegas together. And this is NOT your fault, dude. For real.

Lavandel--Dont worry about it. We all do things we're not proud of. Isnt there a line in the bible about "let he who is without sin cast the first stone"? Something like that.

toofatforu--Yippeee on the -1! Great job! I'll be you ARE having a great day now!!

Pearl--Glad to hear I could help ya out! I actually got that strategy from someone else here...Lilion maybe? I dont remember. I'm sure whoever it was will forgive me.

I'm in the same boat as you, I have a ton of things to do. But for me that is good because when I have a lot of things to keep me busy I dont eat as much!

Brenda--Oooh, what's hydrocycling? I'm glad your DH isn't stressed about the procedure. From what I've heard it really isnt that big of a deal, but what do I know? Have fun at the orchard! That sounds awesome!

Sandy--Thanks so much for the vote of confidence and the compliment! I am really trying. Last week with my sister's wedding I didnt even stay OP for the whole day Friday, much less the weekend, so I'm already ahead of the game this weekend.

You are going to do GREAT this weekend, I just know it. I have faith in you! And you are right, the weights are better than no excercise at all. And once your leg is better you are really gonna kick butt!

Ammi--I'm sorry to hear your excitement about your new shirts was short lived. That must be extremely hard to deal with. Are you sure its as noticeable as you think it is? Sometimes if we are self-conscious of something we tend make it into something bigger than it really is. But if that isnt the case then I am sorry--just trying to make you feel better. I could do a dance for you. Would that make you feel better?

Yep, my sister really redeemed herself by taking on Wilhelm. Yeah, like I could really stay mad at my only sister for long anyway. Yes, I am so relieved. That definitely topped my list of good news for the week.

I dont blame you for getting a little misty thinking about that old woman! When I read it I was feeling a little ill and sad about it, too! Boy, that would be really scary. I dont blame you for going home after you saw she was getting help. Yikes!

Oh, another thing I was thinking about last night in regards to the whole blood thing. I was thinking I used to hate seeing my own blood but somehow I got over it, but how was that? Well then I remembered I had surgery on my leg and they didnt stitch it closed, they left it open so it wouldnt trap any bacteria inside (I had a staph infection). The wound was about 3" long and about 3" wide, and probably 2" deep. I had to change my own bandages probably 2-3 times a day because it would drain a lot. I remember the first time the nurse changed the bandage after the surgery. I saw it and literally had to lay back down on the table (I had been sitting up). Then I had to put a magazine in front of my face so I couldnt see what she was doing. But I guess its one of those trial by fire things--you get used to it and do it because you have to, you dont have a choice. But without that experience I think my own blood would still freak me out.

Yes, I have seen those light boxes. I wonder if they would work for me? I should check them out.

I'm glad you liked my pics--thanks for the compliments! Yeah, people here have had Halloween decorations up for probably 2 weeks aready and the stores have had costumes, candy, etc for longer than that. I think its a little ridiculous to start THAT early, but I was cleaning last night and its so close to 10/1 that I decided to put them up last night.

Kim--I'm sorry to hear you've been having a rough go of it lately. I am exactly the opposite of you--the weekends are what gets me off plan, not the work days. But I am determined to succeed this weekend! It might help you if you just take things one day at a time. Dont think about tomorrow, dont think about next month, just think "I am going to do this today" and that's it.

Nancy--Thanks for the tip on eating my carrots a little extra time before working out. And you are right--this is the perfect opportunity to really get myself into a good habit of not boredom-eating. Establishing habits and patterns are what this is all about. I'll look at it that way, that I am really helping myself by being bored this weekend. That's a great way to look at it!

Your dinner sounds great! That seaweed salad sounds awesome! There is a chinese place here in town that makes this seaweed stuff called kombu. Its just seaweed in like garlic and a little oil. It is SOOOO good. I love authentic chinese and tai food. And its better for you than all that Americanized stuff.

on the inches lost! Keep up the good work!

Annie--AWESOME on the -7.2!! Great job! I bet you are just floating on air about that loss!

And hey, dont worry about offending ME with the doggie pics! They are adorable!

Michelle--Yeah, I think Misti is the only person in the world who can weigh several times a day and have it not drive her nuts! I know how you feel, though. I try to only weight 1x/week but I've weighed twice already this week and wanted to weigh again today. I resisted the urge, though.

As for me, I made it to Curves this morning!!! I didnt set my alarm but I woke up around 10 and I thought to myself "laying in bed sounds way better than working out..." But then I thought about the weekly challenge and that I had committed myself to working out 5 times this week. I failed last week and I did NOT want to fail again this week. So I got my lazy butt out of bed and went. I felt so good!!

Hey, do you guys think you sweat more when you eat more salt or when you are really hydrated? I ate that sub sandwich last night which had a lot of sodium in it but I drank a BUTTLOAD of water too (I was up in the night like 3 times ). Today at Curves I was sweating so much it was running down my face. I dont think I was working necessarily a lot harder than I usually do, but I wonder if its all the sodium that made me sweat so much (like sweating it all out ) or if it was because I was so well hydrated.

I ate the other half of my sub for lunch but with my Flex Points I'm still OP for the week. Drinking lots of water to make up for all the sodium so hopefully I'll see a good loss on Monday.

Well, its almost 3 in the afternoon and I havent done any of my shopping yet so I guess I should get to it. But the good thing (probably the only good thing) about living in Husker Nation (Nebraska) is that if you go shopping while the game is on the stores are all really empty because everyone is either at the game or watching it on TV! But then you have to listen to it being broadcast over the loudspeaker...because, you know, EVERYONE is a Husker fan in Nebraska (for those of you that dont know, the Huskers are the University of Nebraska-Lincoln football team, two time National Champions, , AKA The Bane of My Existence ) . Arg. Hate it. I've lived here all my life and have never been a Huckin' Fusker fan.

Anyway, have a great day, ladies. I'll check in later.
Old 09-30-2006, 04:17 PM   #11  
Staying Positive!

S/C/G: 398/258/199

Height: 5'3"

Melissa- Yor pictures are looking great. You are looking so good. I can see so much progress in you. You are looking slimmer all over. Great job.

Hello ladies.. I hope you are all doing well.. I also posted some pictures in the picture page... Have a great day ladies
Old 09-30-2006, 04:23 PM   #12  
Releasing the inner hiker

Greetings everyone,

Nancy, how are you feeling today? Are you in a better spot since the diagnosis? The mother of one of my close friends had to have surgery to repair her uterus. When I was first told, I had nightmares for weeks that all sorts of body parts were escaping through openings in my body. I think I'd become an insomniac if I ever had that disorder.

Ammi, I'm not sure if this is an option, but have you ever considered a slimming tank under the Tshirts? If you go to www.theavenue.com and look for their shaping seemless tank, you can see what I am referring to. I tried to put the link in, but it did not work. The tanks make you feel gorgeous and slim and might be a layer that helps to conceal your bag. Just a thought. Otherwise, I'm sure your shirts will become a bit roomier in just a few weeks at the rate you are going!

Misti/Ammi, I'm jealous of the boob deflation. I don't think I've lost a centimeter there. If anything, they are starting to look freakishly large as my stomach gets smaller.

Nelie, I'm glad to hear you are in a better spot. You are one of my heroes, for not only losing so much weight, but for being able to do so many things that I aspire to (hiking, yoga, etc).

Melissa, I understand your frustration with losing motivation. Have you thought of doing any other exercises other than walking? Maybe you are just tired of walking, which is why it is harder?

Dogpal, congrats on the 7lb loss! Wowza!

Welcome to everyone who joined us this week. This is a great place for motivation. I've been around on other weightloss support groups and they never motivated me as much as this place.

As for me, I've had a decent week. I've had some strange bug that has kept me running for the bathroom for the last 3 weeks. I've finally surrendered and made an appt for next Monday to check out what is going on. I'm slightly afraid for 2 reasons: First, I am STILL 10lbs heavier than last year when I saw him last. (good grief, I gained a lot of weight in 1 year) I'm sure he will say something, which will make me feel bad, even though I've lost almost 30lbs in 3 months. Second, well, I don't want to be probed. Especially down there.

I am having a wonderful day today. First, I left the house early, and went on a 90min hike that felt so good. In fact, when I got back to my car, I still wanted to be outside, so I drove to this beautiful lake and walked around it, and chatted to a bunch of strangers I met along the way. It is a great, dog-friendly place and my pooch and I met some interesting people. Then, I came home and decided to clean my closet (ugh). I have a VERY small efficiency apt (I'm sure it is less than 200 sq. feet) with one smallish closet. So, twice a year I remove clothes that are not appropriate for the season and pack them away in a suitcase and remove clothes from the suitcase that I can wear for the current season. When I did that today, I found SO many shirts that I couldn't wear last year. It was like going shopping without spending a penny!

Wow. That was a long post. My apologies to everyone I missed. I can only post on the weekends due to my schedule and I know that missed folks. Hope everyone is doing well today.

Last edited by Zeitgeist; 09-30-2006 at 04:39 PM. Reason: link issues
Old 09-30-2006, 04:29 PM   #13  
Releasing the inner hiker

Kenya! Wow, just wow. Your pictures are lovely. I particularly like the very last one. You are standing so tall and you look so happy. Congratulations!
Old 09-30-2006, 05:28 PM   #14  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

Kim, I'm so glad you promised to go to the dr if you have symptoms again. This stupid blood clot has wasted the entire month of September and looks like it's going to mess part of October. I don't want you to waste as much time as I have/did. And remember, I know this sounds snotty, but it's really true. You are your doctor's employer. If he/she isn't as thorough or kind as you need, then it's time to move to someone new.

Nancy, thanks for your kind words. You sound young and strong so I'm sure you'll be ok.
It's hard to do something for one's self isn't it. It's like we're conditioned to ignore our selves and take care of everyone else. But if we don't take care of ourselves, then we won't have anything to give. And your hips under 60" CONGRATS!!!!!
Talk about a reason to celebrate!! Don't forget to reward your self!

Ammi, I'm sorry you're feeling badly about the the t-shirt thing. Is there a local support group for those in your situation that can offer suggestions? And thanks for the encouragement on the Gazelle. I'll just have to git-r-done by setting a goal. I need to think of an appropriate time table with my mother-in-law coming in for DD wedding next Saturday. I can't believe she'll be married a week from today. He's a great guy, but I hate giving up my baby girl.

Sharon, you made me laugh when you explained why the pictures were blurry.
I'm glad you mentioned switching up food instead of just exercise. I'd never thought of that. I always love your posts. :

Misti, I gotta ask, what is your plan B. I ask cuz I wonder if it's anything I can apply.

Annie, WAY TO GO! on your loss this week! That's great!!!!

Valerie, You ROCK! On your BMI and being under 280! Did you notice you're almost to the 60 pound loss mark?? WAY TO GO!!

Ami, I gotta say I'm worried about my daughter's wedding and rehearsal dinner this week and staying OP. My plan is to be very, very good all week so if I'm only a little naughty at the wedding I'll still be ok. Anyway, I have a plan and that makes me feel in control. :-)
And I gotta say, I wish our stores would broadcast the ball games on the loud speaker so I could stay caught up while shopping. That would be cool!
Someone asked before where I'm at, I'm on Lafayette, IN Home of the Purdue Boilermakers! Sorry you don't like football. I just love it!
Congrats on getting to the gym. That's a great NSV!
I thought you'd retain more water if your sodium intake was up. At least that's what the nurses say when my mom goes for dialysis 3X a week. So, maybe you worked harded and
it was actually easier for ya.

Jen, great job on your exercising! I'll be it was exciting to find "new clothes" without spending money.

Well, my upcoming week will be full of challenges. I'm pretty nervous about my mother-in-law coming in for the wedding. I've only met her once and DH & I have been married 13.5 years. She'll be staying with us plus I have this stupid leg thing going on, and wedding stuff to get done. URGH!! I'm an emotional eater, stress eater....let's face it, I'm just a person who's "drug of choice" happens to be food.
Well, here's my plan for Friday and Saturday. I think I'm having fish at the rehearsal dinner and teriyaki chicken at the wedding. I might be able to sway my potatoes for someone else's veggies. I'll try to keep a bottle of water close to me cuz that always helps.
I absolutely plan on having a piece of cake. God, how I love cake! But I don't plan on going off the deep end with it either. And, then there's the dancing. I tell ya, I don't care if my legs is still bad or not, I have to dance at my girl's wedding! If I can at least do some free weights and sit ups for a few minutes every day, that'll be cool! It's so weird that I weigh this awful number, can't tie my shoes, but I can do sit ups! At least I have a strong core, right??
Well, Ladies, my DH is due home soon and I have to take my 8 year old to the bride to be's bachlorette party dinner. Wish I could go, but I know I'd probably blow it today on those Texas Road House rolls! DH & I will have something easy and yummy and OP.
After the dinner, my little one is going to her brother's (who's almost 30) to stay all night with her nephews and niece.
Hope all of you are ok. Remember, staying OP is for us! And it's the healthiest thing for us and our families!
Sandy
Old 09-30-2006, 06:07 PM   #15  

thanks Amy and Kenya you look amazing!
Closed Thread