Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 01:50 PM   #16  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Hi gang, just a quick peek in.

Lilion--I'm so happy for you! If I ever get myself back on a real bike, maybe I'll come out and do some of the trail with you next year.

Thin--Sounds like a great night out! And PLEASE don't worry yourself about punctuation!!!! I never notice or care. I suppose there are a couple of those grammar-police English teachers out there, but I ain't one of em.

Celery--Good job at the festival!! WTG!

Terri--I'm thinking of trying Push once I get my money back Are you liking it overall?
Old 08-07-2006, 10:11 PM   #17  

Height: 5' 7"

Well, I didn't run away - we painted Krista's bedroom the weekend. It was a pretty interesting Mother-Daughter encounter - we had some long talks about our relationship, and the things that I am trying to teach her about how to present yourself to people so that you get the response that you want. She actually listened to me - this is hard work for this mom - because I get bossy, when she's difficult, and she gets defensive and resentful and LOUD. Ah, the joys of adolescence.

Terri - I'm sorry that you are giving up one of your babies, but it sounds like Cheyenne is getting the perfect owner. I really believe that in a couple of years, you'll be telling us about the perfect owner you've found for the Spice Girl.

2cute - I'm so glad you found some time to stop by. You've been in my thoughts, what's going on in your family is so hard.

Barbara - Someday I'll probably be that furious woman. I've been struggling with our mail order pharmacy - they kept telling me that I was ordering my presciptions too early, but I was using the reorder data on the bottle.
And when I asked questions, nobody had answers. They kept telling me to call back after they checked with a supervisor, I'd call back, they wouldn't have an answer, or they would make something up to try to brush me off.
I finally insisted on talking to a senior supervisor (6 phone calls), and got an explanation of the date problem. It's a stupid problem with their computer program not being able to handle a secondard plan condition,
but I've worked with stupid computer programs before, and I was determined to not let them get away with lying and other nonsense.

Joe Anne - I read your posts before I started posting - I'm pleased to get to know you.

Valerie - I'm so glad that you're swimming. Water makes me feel so lovely, and I'm just determined that I'm not going to let anyone enjoy that. I have been building my distance, and Sunday (DH and I went to the pool after we finished the active coat of paint)
I swam a half a mile, including several 100 meter sprints. Back at the beginning of the year, I intersperced a few freestyle laps with back and breast strokes. Now I intersperce my freelance laps with a few back and breast strokes.

Karen - I'm so glad that you were blunt with your boss - it's so good for them!

Lilion - you biked over 5 miles - one awesome woman. And that's an activity we can do with our families! I know what you mean about the wet suit - I'm starting to think about bike shorts under my bathing suit.

Thin - I saw in the Freep that Menopause the Musical has been extended again.

WEll - I've lost another 2.5 lbs - last week I posted no loss, as I hadn't lost any, and now I'm making it up. I'm getting so close to 40 lbs down - please, oh, please!
I'm starting to use the elliptical at the gym - first day I managed 2 mins - then 3, then 5 - the last 2 days, I've done 10 mins - and then followed it up with 20 mins on the NuStep.

I'll keep you posted.

Take care all.

Sue
Old 08-07-2006, 10:13 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies,

Anyone watch ****'s Kitchen? I'd never make it being a chef.

Work was okay today. Busy but that's okay. Nothing too stressful.

Oh wow, the humidity was bad when I got home tonight. I let Ginger and Spice out when I first got home. She came out bucking which is a scream at her size. It was weed-eating night. We got our new string mower on Saturday so I fired it up. Guess its my toy as DH has the rider John Deere. It didn't kill my back but it was still a workout. I got the majority of the out-of-control-landscape area cleaned out. You'd think the weeds would quit growing with no rain. I was so hot and sweat soaked when I got done. Just miserable. I headed straight for the pool and peeled off all my clothes right there in the back yard. Didn't even wait for DH to bring a suit. I did check to make sure the neighbors weren't over at their barn. It was awesome. A weather front went through and the humidity broke. Weird how it does that because then it was very tolerable.

I also tore out some of the landscape timbers the previous owner installed. Funny that the things he worked so hard to do to "remodel", we're planning on changing.

DH made Italian chicken breasts that we had gotten from Omaha steaks. Fresh tomatoes from our crop and this summer's corn. Very yummy.

I'm headed off to bed to read a magazine.

Goodnight!
Old 08-08-2006, 11:18 AM   #19  

Good Morning Ladies!

My computer at work is very, very slow loading this site and one other. I think they may be on to me! If it keeps up I may have to work at work and play at home!

Well, my attempt at biking around my neighborhood was thwarted by hills. After six attempts at leaving my block (three times on the hill in front of my house and three times on the hill on the other side of the circle) I gave up, pushed my bike up the incline into the garage, and played on the computer the rest of the night. Well, it was 91 degrees at the time and I was tired and sweaty after just a few minutes outside. It royally ticks me off that I can't get up those hills on my bike! How the heck will I ever ride around the neighborhood if I can't leave the circle? DH told me not to worry about it, he can barely make it up...but he can make it! Apparently my fat, flabby legs are not up to the challenge, no matter how far I downshift...If I go down too far the pedals just spin and I don't move...If I shift to where I still move - I can't move! I suppose there's nothing for it but to give in gracefully and walk my bike up the hill next time. Hopefully the more gentle inclines in the rest of the ride I mapped out will not be as bad.

I didn't go to yoga since I wanted to be home and cook dinner for DH the first day at his new job. He's so funny...he immediately began growing a goatee after his last day at the prison. (They follow the military rules on facial hair.) I call him "Evil Jim" now! (Any trekkies out there that actually understand that reference?)

Dinner was great! I made a recipe from my It's Good For You, Pampered Chef cookbook. Sausage, pepper and penne pasta. It called for hot turkey sausage links, but I used turkey smoked sausage and added a few red pepper flakes - yummy! Basically, you cook 8 oz penne pasta and drain it and set it aside. Cook 16 oz turkey sausage and then remove it from skillet and cut into 1" pieces. Stir-fry 1/2 cup chopped onion, 2 cloves garlic and three peppers (yellow, green and red) cut into 1/4" strips. Add 1 can diced tomatoes, 1 8 oz can tomato sauce and 2 tsp Italian seasoning. Put the sausage back in and the pasta and mix it all together. That recipe is a Keeper!

It is cooler today, but still terribly humid in Mid-Mo today. I did the 1/2+mile walk this morning. (Feeling guilty about the lack of exercise last night.) I am committed to getting on that Infernal Machine tonight if i don't get on the bike and acually go somewhere! I have a VERY BAD FEELING about tomorrows WI. I don't want the Count to have to say "One, One pound UP!"

Well Ladies, I hope you all are having a wonderful Tuesday! I best get to work!

Terri: Skinny-dipping! Woo Hoo!
Old 08-08-2006, 11:41 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Ummm, Lilion

Get on the IM to make those legs stronger and you will be able to ride those hills!
Old 08-08-2006, 12:05 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 340/240/155

Height: 5'3"

Red face

Just another quick stop.
My weighin was not good, I gained all that I had lost these past few weeks. I attribute it to all water gain, and that Chinese food I ate last night, oh it was so good and bad(for my weighin).
I am doing daily walks of 1 mile, but I've decided to add an evening walk of 25 minutes, so hopefully things will move along a little faster. My classes start on the 28th, then I won't have time because I'll be sitting from 5p-9p Monday through Thursday.
Ladies, thanks for the welcome backs, and for your prayers.
Love and Blessings
Joanne
mom to Angel RILEY
Old 08-08-2006, 01:26 PM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by determined to succeed
Ummm, Lilion

Get on the IM to make those legs stronger and you will be able to ride those hills!
I know! I know!

I expect that's what I'll do tonight, since I just went outside and it's still ungodly humid out and I just don't see me biking, or even leaving the house once I get home. The bike is just so much more fun that the I.M.

I tell you, right now I can't hardly wait for Autumn! It's my favorite season anyway, but the thought of riding the trail with the cool, crisp air and the turning leaves is just wonderful!

Okay...the thought of cool, crisp air is wonderful.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:54 PM   #23  
Beam me up Scotty!

S/C/G: 310/218/140

Height: 5'6"

Oh, Lilion...You just had to go there with the Star Trek didn't you...All the men half dressed Yes, I remember it well! What a lucky girl...

*Hmm, now where was that DVD*
Old 08-08-2006, 05:35 PM   #24  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Arrgg... I had some errands to run on campus, and walking's really the only way to do that, so I thought, great, that'll be extra exercise for me. It's SOOOO muggy, and I didn't have the right shoes on, and I had to carry some heavy books back with me. So I now have a sore knee and a parched mouth. This is the kind of exercise that reminds me I'm "differently abled" and I don't like it. I guess it's good once in a while to be reminded that I'm in a serious situation that requires serious attention.

Lilion--That cookbook stole my family recipe! It is good, isn't it?
Old 08-08-2006, 09:31 PM   #25  

Hello Ladies!

Well, I did it! I got on the Infernal Machine! 9 minutes! I'm hot, tired and sweaty...but I did it. You know, I'd forgotten how much I dislike exercise, since I'd done it so little recently. Ah well...it must be done!

Angela: I know what you mean. I hate not being able to keep up with other people and do the things that I feel like I should be able to do...like going up those darn hills by the house on my bike! But you know, we keep it up and I think we can do it!
Old 08-08-2006, 10:09 PM   #26  

Height: 5' 7"

Lilion - Know what you mean about the Infernal Machine - I have made my way - slowly and painfully - up to 10 mins on the elliptical - at least, it doesn't hurt my knees much.

BTW, isn't the goatee Bad Spock - we are talking the parallel universe episode with Barbara Luna as the captain's girlfriend and owner of the machine that gets rid of people, right?

Food wasn't good today, as we let DD plan dinner, but I'm living on the fresh fruit and veges I bought at the Farmer's Market this weekend.

Please keep fingers crossed - DH has a job interview tomorrow for something he really isn't interested in, but I would so like for him to be bringing in some cash -- we aren't quite making ends meet, and I find it a little scary, even though we have savings - I want to keep them.

Sue
Old 08-08-2006, 11:37 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 262/252/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi All

Sounds like everyone is quite busy. Lilion sonds like you are making progress with the IM. I love autumn in Minnesota, cool so I can walk outside and yet warm enough to not need to dress to warmly.

Joe Ann maybe the weight gain is due to muscle build up due to sticking with the exercise routine, measure to see if you are loosing inches.

I had WI on Monday down 2 pounds. Now I have to work on exercising on a regular basis.

Leah
Old 08-09-2006, 08:36 AM   #28  
Hang In There

Sue, I'll say a little prayer for your DH.My husband went for one of those job interviews a year ago. He got the job, not nearly as much money as he wanted, but the BENEFITS are fantastic and more than mae up for the monthly difference, and he loves it. I still can't imagine him doing what he is doing, but as I said he loves it.

Did anyone notice I'm typing whole owrkds today? I re-arranged my furniture so that I can use the desktop with out being uncomfortable.

Nothing much else happening. Have a great day.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:48 AM   #29  

Unhappy checking in

Not much to report here. I have had some really bad days lately and can't seem to figure out why that is. It is one day on, one day off etc. That kick in the tush didn't help Lilion. I am just not sure what is going on with my emotions these days. It seems that I feel really stressed out and can't explain why. Can you say frustration? I am so ready to lose weight, that is until I get hungry and then it is like every motivating thing goes right out of my head. Things have gone into my mouth that I don't even care that much for....ARGGGGGHHHH! Everybody just give me a good swift kick! I know that scale is climbing even as I type this, evil thing I won't be stepping on it any time soon.

For those of you who are SANE and losing the weight, congrats!

Oops, gotta go for now. Ruth
Old 08-09-2006, 09:30 AM   #30  

Talking

Good Morning Ladies!

Ruth: There you go! I wish I knew what to say, but since I've struggled so myself lately, I'm probably not in a very good place to give advice. Sometimes it's just SO HARD! Personally, I get tired of thinking about food. I get tired of thinking about my weight. I get tired of cooking. I get tired of knowing how much I still weigh and how much I have left. I get tired of not being able to find clothes that fit. I get tired of 1/2 the people I know offering me fattening food and the other 1/2 looking at me like "should you have that?". I just get tired of trying. And I get tired of feeling guilty for not trying! If the real problem is simply choosing poorly at food time, maybe you could just purge your house of things you shouldn't have. If it's just that your motivation has abandoned you...I can give you a and sprinkle you with and tell you I'm rooting for you and that you aren't alone ! Hang in there!

Sue: Yep - "Evil Spock" with the goatee was from an alternate universe. "Evil Kirk" also had some type of facial hair...in fact, most everyone did in the "evil universe". South Park actually did something with that too...where people came through from an alternate universe and everyone had a goatee - but their's were fake and their Cartman was good when everyone else was evil. It was hilarious! My own "Evil Jim" looks quite dashing with his goatee! for your hubby!

Leah: You know, I've never been to Minnisota. I bet it is nice there in the spring and fall. DH's oldest sister lives there...I may have to visit someday just to say I did. (And go to the mall! ) I know a woman who used to live there too. She jokes that she had to move because she didn't own a cabin...and everyone in Minnisota is required to own a cabin! (That is a joke...right? )

Barbara: Glad you got your "o" back!

Well gee, posting so much has the advantage of being able to keep up with replies, huh? But I have nothing to say....I'll do my WI sometime today and report back...otherwise...TTFN!
Closed Thread